As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

join us in glorious pod-hood [jobs]

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    It's cliche but Slaughterhouse 5 is definitely way up there, since it's basically the closest I've come to being okay with my own mortality.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I don't think I have a favourite book. I used to say Dune but I haven't read it for a few years so maybe not any more. Maybe The Road?

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Reading books? I've already graduated from grade school thankyouverymuch.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    It's cliche but Slaughterhouse 5 is definitely way up there, since it's basically the closest I've come to being okay with my own mortality.

I wouldn't have known to start off the top of my head, but this reminds me that Cat's Cradle is probably mine.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    What kind of nerd has read seven books

Most students in elementary school I think.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    What kind of nerd has read seven books

Most students in elementary school I think.

oh man, owned.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Help me brainstorm conference presentation titles.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Also I need to submit an official title for my conference presentation on VR in libraries I'll be giving in June.

Digital Dewey Decimal: Libraries in 3D.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    what's the topic

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    what's the topic

VR/Mixed Reality in libraries. It's going to be a very simple, here's the status of VR and what stuff you can do with it in education right now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

What Dewy Did: A realistic approach to the Dewy Decimal System and how it effected computer sorting

Tolkin Tokin: No Tolkin wasn't on drugs

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Why Johnny Mnemonic Can't Read.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Was able to do my shopping trip in this, my one day a year that I have all to myself. School wasn't cancelled due to snow.
    I have to pick up my youngest early, but 4:30pm is better than having both all day.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Where We R: VR, AR, MR, and how libraries could have harnessed the power of all these darn kids playing Pokémon Go.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

No, It's The Children Who Are Wrong: Encouraging Analog Reading In An Age Of Digital Entertainment.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    There is nothing worse than c level end users.

Biggest bunch of fucking babies on the planet.

• Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    There is nothing worse than c level end users.

Biggest bunch of fucking babies on the planet.

How dare you, sir! Those people are very wealthy, so they're right.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I just had a screening interview for a faculty job.

... in the pod.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

... in the pod.

Did you make sure that the interviewer got the sticky seat?

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Your application is the chosen of Pod.

steam_sig.png
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I am watching the fyre festival documentary on Netflix.

This is the worst company I've ever seen.

Keith the pilot is an absolute lad

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

... in the pod.

SOON ALL WILL BE POD

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

... in the pod.

Isn't there only 1 stool in the pod?

... in the pod.

It was a Skype interview!

the pod is very comfortable. The pod is a supremely adequate communication venue. Everything is fine.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    So I just submitted a job... inquiry? Application request? Something or other with a referral for Boeing in North Charleston. Not an actual resume yet just clicked some questions.

I dunno. I think it would be a big pay cut but if I could figure out how to swing it I'd more or less be living on the coast and working 8 hour shifts instead of 12's. Most likely back shift or something but honestly at this point, I think anything is better than 12 hour swing shifts. I want to die! All the time!

I guess we'll see. Apparently if I meet the qualifications (which, I should) somebody from HR should be contacting me and I suppose I can suss out whether this is something I want to do. I really want to relocate to that area and this could at least be a stepping stone to getting down there permanently.

Can't wait to just let a climate change induced super hurricane wreck my shit. Straight launch me through a brick wall at mach 4.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

... in the pod.

the pod is very comfortable. The pod is a supremely adequate communication venue. Everything is fine.

Is this Tynic or the pod talking now?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tynic is the pod

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

... in the pod.

IRRELEVANT DISTINCTION

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular

... in the pod.

The pod is great. All hail the pod! Submit to its will!

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

... in the pod.

IRRELEVANT DISTINCTION

is this what everyone else felt like during the labyrinth guy episode?

I don't like it

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

... in the pod.

Oh ok.

Let's all pretend that I didn't actually think you and an interviewer both squeezed into the pod together. That would be a dumb thing to think. Ha ha.

There were five interviewers on the panel, so it would have been an extremely intimate get-together.
    Honestly it still felt a little crowded even though they were two states away.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    The Pod provideth.

You will not want in the Pod.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Kneel before Pod.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    E N J O Y T H E P O D

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    There were five interviewers on the panel, so it would have been an extremely intimate get-together.

And then the manicurist, the stewards with the room service, the young woman looking for her aunt Minnie...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @Karl I listen to the lofi hip hop at work too, it was the background to trying to wrap my head around construction drawings today.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    what's the topic

VR/Mixed Reality in libraries. It's going to be a very simple, here's the status of VR and what stuff you can do with it in education right now.

Ready Reader One: Literally Any Subtitle Here

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hello work is stressful to me because i'm bad at working and don't think i provide any real value and regret most of my choices over the last decade+ etc cool

anyway

i am currently trying to do work from this airplane and its wobbly and bumpy

poo
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    An alumni I know from playing softball told me his office is hiring a data analyst intern for the summer

Need to apply for that

Update: they want to interview me

This discussion has been closed.