As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    If you wanna nerf the castellan, increase guardsmen to 5 points first and foremost

increase the castellan base cost by 35 too I guess

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Where do I see in the rulebook about which unit types can capture objectives? For some reason I'm not seeing it.

All units can capture objectives except for those with the flyer battlefield role per the boots on the ground rule in the FAQs/Chapter Approved.

Troops in battle forged armies have objective secured meaning they hold an objective over any other unit type no matter how many models there are unless the opposing unit has objective secured and then it is total models with in 3".

Some missions have unique rules on this, read the mission.

I really wish it was units instead of models.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    If you wanna nerf the castellan, increase guardsmen to 5 points first and foremost

Honestly it still feels like almost everything in the Guard Codex needs a 10-25% points increase

They just get so much for so little

Burnage wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Honestly it still feels like almost everything in the Guard Codex needs a 10-25% points increase

They just get so much for so little

I agree, and I said already that the reason it's always guard with a castellan and not marines or anything else is because guard gets a complete army for 1300 points and get to add a knight on as a bonus

I don't think the castellan itself is the problem tbqh

I mean, rotating ion shield and using order of companions in a single turn is 6 CP, ocmbine with an extra warlord trait and cawl's wrath does not actually leave you with that much cp for a couple turns

guard just get to have a billion wounds spread out across lots of efficient troops and vehicles that they don't care

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I think leaving orders is fine as is but they need to go up to 5 points per model. I agree with that.

I want marines buffed. The beta rules help. I mean they make my army nuts since I play Deathwatch which to me feel how baseline marines should feel. I think marine bolters getting a special rule would be nice, like double hits on 6s to show they are exploding shells or something. My marines are still made of paper but they do damage. And do it at all ranges thanks to the new rules.

I think they need to make the -1 the same for all races. Eldar don't need it on flyers. Or make it so you can't stack -1 to hit. You get it once and that is it. That would fix a lot.

For rotate Ion Shields you give the same nerf you gave daemons. It can buff to a max of a 4++. Also Castellans should be 50 points more.

Guard needs some point decreases reversed. A tank commander cost 192 points pretty decked out a laspred is 182. That tank commander has more wounds, has a double shot turret, and T8. Hits on 3+ just like a pred and ignores movement penalties. Also gives orders.

Make it Pask its up 227 but has everything and an insane state line.

Its a steal.

I think the biggest issue with guard is just special rule on special rule.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I haven't played many games, but I'm not quite getting the marines made of paper argument. I'm not dissenting exactly, just that I don't have the experience to know how marines are as easy to kill as guard. I get that overcharged plasma does a great job of it, but are armies outside of Marine Hellblasters just swimming in it?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    I haven't played many games, but I'm not quite getting the marines made of paper argument. I'm not dissenting exactly, just that I don't have the experience to know how marines are as easy to kill as guard. I get that overcharged plasma does a great job of it, but are armies outside of Marine Hellblasters just swimming in it?

Most because plasma is the most efficient special weapons in the game. And you can counter it all the time. Guard, Ad Mech, CSM, and Ta'u all have it. Eldar has about 15 ways to kill your marines efficiently. Hell just guard tanks will kill your marines.

Basically the most common weapons kill your marines.

u7stthr17eud.png
    the big thing is that 8th edition points costs haven't really adjusted well for the change to AP

• novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Re: Marine survivability; they made great changes to AP but didn't change terrain or anything else to capitalize on those changes. That and having fairly expensive individuals with only one wound.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    If I run a detachment of AdMech with my Space Wolves will my Space Wolves still be battle forged? I was looking at the battle forge rules Space Wolves and the wording on battle forged is kind of confusing.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    If I run a detachment of AdMech with my Space Wolves will my Space Wolves still be battle forged? I was looking at the battle forge rules Space Wolves and the wording on battle forged is kind of confusing.

To be battle forged all the units in a detachment must share at least two keywords. And all detachments must share at least one key word.

So your space wolves in one detachment with other space wolves and your ad mech in a second detachment full of just ad mech is battle forged. They both share the Imperium key word.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I can't not read this in the voice of Lego batman:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/12/the-rumour-daemon-engine/

Great, apparently the box for the stormtalon that I bought is old and did not come with the option for a stormhawk so GW isn't going to send parts to make the stormhawk which I understand and it makes sense but is still frustrating. I'm left with a model I can't use.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    The Stormtalon is pretty cool, though.

On another note, how do I get this foot to fit right on this Redemptor?

I have the left foot in place, but I'm not sure how to hold the other foot in position while I get the front toe on correctly.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    It is cool but Space Wolves can't use it.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I did not know that.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I think Tacs could drop another point or two.

I look at a Firewarrior and a Skitari at 7 pts, and the at Tacs at 13 and think "yeah, no". I think an Intercessor is about where it needs to be at 17 pts with the Bolt Rifle.

edited February 2019
    The only stormhawk interceptor sprue I could find on ebay is sold from the UK and would cost $38.

This is lame.

Stragint on

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I finally ordered the Marneus Calgar box. The one with him and the two vitrix guard. No plans to use him in my 2000pt army with G-money, but I may build a 1000-1500 point list with him as the Warlord. The club I'm going to start playing at soon runs quite a few escalation leagues so I need to tailor my list down for some games.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The only stormhawk interceptor sprue I could find on ebay is sold from the UK and would cost $38.

This is lame.

In this situation I would probably make an epic piece of terrain out of a crashed stormhawk.

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

This is lame.

In this situation I would probably make an epic piece of terrain out of a crashed stormhawk.

Luckily I got it 50% off so at least I didn't drop $55+ on it.

I am gonna ask my LGS if I can ask in the 40k group about buying the sprue I need off of someone. If they say no or no one ends up having one then I'll make it into terrain.

How would I even go about turning it into terrain?

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I don't know how different the Stormhawk and Stormtalon look, but is there a chance you could convert it? Seems a shame to consign something to terrain if you could slap a few different bits on it.

Burnage wrote: »
    I don't know how different the Stormhawk and Stormtalon look, but is there a chance you could convert it? Seems a shame to consign something to terrain if you could slap a few different bits on it.

They look pretty different. I'd definitely have to explain what it is every time I use it and I also think I'd be missing weapon options.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Stormhawk-Interceptor-2017

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Stormtalon-Gunship-2017

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    How would I even go about turning it into terrain?

Like so~
    AOl71Sp.jpg

Or sell it online and buy the kit you need.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Or sell it online and buy the kit you need.

Doubt I'll get much since it is opened and I put 4 pieces together already before I realized it didn't have the stormhawk sprue. Just part on the cockpit and the fin but I figure that would hurt the value.

I'm not sure though since I've never really sold 40k stuff. Still haven't been able to sell that Brother Captain Thassarius model I got from Space Marines heroes.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Stormhawk is the transport right? How different is that model from the newer kit? I may be interested

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Not to rehash the argument, but I'm curious. Are those of you campaigning for the diversity of female marines also trying equally hard to get male characters into the Sororitas?

Eh, late reply, but here's my thoughts:
    1. Sisters aren't the primary faction in marketing materials, so it's less of an issue
    2. Sisters are only 1 army/faction, whereas Space Marines are 7 of the 15 Imperium armies (and 3 of the 5 chaos armies), so again, proportionally less significant
    3. Sisters have almost always had significant numbers of male units within their army due to being part of a larger witch hunters or ministorum force, including male inquisitors, priests, crusaders, & arco flagellants.
    4. Male counterparts would need all-new molds because of the sisters' armor being so form-fitting as to have individual breast cups and basically fitting like a corset around their midsection, whereas simply adding some unarmored female heads to a marine kit would be sufficient, so it definitely seems like a bigger logistical hurdle.

But that said, while the lore behind Adepta Sororitas being all-female is quite a bit more substantial than Astartes being all-male (which is little more than a sentence or two IIRC), there's still no reason they couldn't write in a cause for change and add Brothers of Battle/Adeptus Fraternitas. Presumably recruited from the crusaders, there'd need to be a bit of handwaving of them not being literally members of the Sororitas Orders but male counterparts working in jolly cooperation, but hey there you go.

As I said to someone's question about "what is the point of SoB if there are female marines", I feel like what really sets SoB apart is two-fold. The first is being a full-blown church militant, rather than just an army or order of chivalry serving a theocracy like the guard and marines. The other is being elite but normal humans with power armor, and other equipment typically reserved for the Astartes and similar forces (like Rhinos). Neither of these would be changed by adding female marines or brothers of battle.

So no, I've never written in support of having male sororitas before, but I'd like it if GW did it. I just think it's more important to add female astartes, and would be easier to do.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Stormhawk is the transport right? How different is that model from the newer kit? I may be interested

No, neither the stormtalon gunship or the stormhawk interceptor have a carry capacity. Stormtalon gunship is for shooting ground targets and stormhawk interceptor is for shooting flying targets.

No, neither the stormtalon gunship or the stormhawk interceptor have a carry capacity. Stormtalon gunship is for shooting ground targets and stormhawk interceptor is for shooting flying targets.

Oh right that's the difference. Damn... That does suck then.

Oh right that's the difference. Damn... That does suck then.

It really does.

When I get a job I plan on setting up a 17 model AdMech battalion for my Space Wolves. I'm kind of annoyed that each box of rangers only comes with one of their sniper rifles. I want to run at least 2 per ranger squad.

edited February 2019
    How much of it have you assembled?

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    LGS gave me the go ahead to ask in their 40k group if someone has a stormhawk sprue. Hopefully I get lucky.
    Hiw much of it have you assembled?

Just this so far.

Kywi4x8.jpg

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I painted a Primaris! The test model for a kill team, and my first "loyalist" model since the Deathwatch project.

m2xlsexkggvm.jpg
    bnebukauyv0g.jpg

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    I don't see why that would affect being able to sell it online. If I had the money, I'd buy it.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I painted a Primaris! The test model for a kill team, and my first "loyalist" model since the Deathwatch project.

m2xlsexkggvm.jpg
    bnebukauyv0g.jpg

Damn those are some smooth whites.

Fuck painting white. Good job.

What are those shoulders?

TheGerbil on
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Airbrushes are civilisation.

The shoulders are shapeways pads. On the left these ones and on the right these ones. If you look carefully you can just make out the print layers. I made no attempt to smooth them out though, so you could probably get rid of them if they bothered you.

The paints are the greenstuffworld colour shift paints. Burning Gold on the left and I forget which blue on the right. The blue didn't come out super smooth, probably because it got watered down just a touch too much by water left over from flushing out the gold, even though I did my best to get rid of it all.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    So I made a new Space Wolves list in the hope that it crushes my friend's custodes list. I still need to buy a box of rangers and another engiseer so I can't run it till I get a job but it looks fun.
    ++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [48 PL, 801pts] ++

+ HQ +

Wolf Lord [6 PL, 124pts]: Jump Packs, Saga of the Wolfkin, Storm shield, The Wulfen Stone, Thunder hammer, Warlord

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 156pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 156pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Wulfen [22 PL, 365pts]
    . 7x Thunder hammer & Stormshield: 7x Storm Shield, 7x Thunder Hammer
    . 7x Wulfen
    . Wulfen Pack Leader: Frost claws

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [46 PL, 934pts] ++

+ HQ +

Rune Priest [6 PL, 110pts]: 2. Tempest's Wrath, 5. Storm Caller, Bolt pistol, Psychic hood, Runic armour, Runic staff

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 330pts]: Plasma Incinerator
    . 9x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Pack Leader: Bolt pistol

Long Fangs [12 PL, 232pts]
    . Long Fang: Plasma cannon
    . Long Fang Pack Leader: Boltgun and Bolt Pistol, Chainsword
    . Wolf Guard Terminator Pack Leader: Storm shield
    . . Cyclone missile launcher and storm bolter: Cyclone missile launcher, Storm bolter

Long Fangs [12 PL, 262pts]
    . Long Fang: Multi-melta
    . Long Fang Pack Leader: Boltgun and Bolt Pistol, Chainsword
    . Wolf Guard Terminator Pack Leader: Storm shield
    . . Cyclone missile launcher and storm bolter: Cyclone missile launcher, Storm bolter

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [18 PL, 264pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Forge World Choice: Forge World: Stygies VIII

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 30pts]

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 30pts]

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 68pts]
    . Ranger Alpha: Arc Pistol
    . 2x Skitarii Ranger
    . 2x Skitarii Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): 2x Transuranic Arquebus

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

++ Total: [112 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
    I don't see why that would affect being able to sell it online. If I had the money, I'd buy it.

I don't know. I always assume the value plummets due to stuff like that.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I had kind of an epiphany last night. You know what's better than a Primary Ancient? Two Victrix Guard at nearly the same points cost to act as wound batteries for G-Money.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    I'm making a Necron list to fight my friends Custodes. Which would be stronger against them, Gauss Blaster which hits on 3+ and wounds on 5+ with ap -2 and 1 damage or Tesla Carbine which hits on 3+ and wounds on 5+ with no ap - and 1 damage?

I could get the Tesla Carbine to get the extra shots on a 4+ and missing on 1s in general.

I can't decide.

This discussion has been closed.