As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Let's see what else the rumors say!

Looks like the big one is Metroid Prime Trilogy. Supposedly there's also Mario Maker 2, ports of Pikmin 3 and Boxboy, and a new 2D Zelda in the works, but the source isn't sure if any of them will be announced at the direct.

We need more realistic rumors.

Rumor: after a firmware update, if you shake your switch console, bits of candy and/or bacon will fall out the left joycon will disconnect.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Man, you can shake yours before it dcs? I just have to breathe heavily.

Man, you can shake yours before it dcs? I just have to breathe heavily.

That's what the update is for!

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'll be honest. I have MP3 and Trilogy on the Switch Wii but if you tell me that they will be available tomorrow for Switch, I'm double dipping. I need some good FPS/Adventure/3D Platformers.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Would MP use Gamecube type controls?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I severely dislike the concept of “game streaming.”

First, build a global (or at least national) infrastructure that permeates high speed, secure, stable, permanent WiFi literally everywhere. Then we can talk.

So we can't have game streaming until there's worldwide, high-speed WiFi?

Is this kind of like when people get pissed off when someone supports a charity because they didn't simultaneously support all other charities in existence first?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited February 2019
    I figure they'd have to do both. I mean just thinking on the Lasso motion on handheld makes me go uuuugh.

Edit: Seeker Missiles with Motion controls is so OP

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Motion controls only.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

That's the hope.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I enjoyed the GC controls and preferred it over the Wii controls. Just hoping this isn't another instance of Joycon controller only.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    I severely dislike the concept of “game streaming.”

First, build a global (or at least national) infrastructure that permeates high speed, secure, stable, permanent WiFi literally everywhere. Then we can talk.

So we can't have game streaming until there's worldwide, high-speed WiFi?

Is this kind of like when people get pissed off when someone supports a charity because they didn't simultaneously support all other charities in existence first?

No, it’s my personal worry that there is going to be a general push toward this model and national/global infrastructure doesn’t yet exist to support it that kind of shift. I don’t want the industry to move in that direction because it’s better for developers to keep pushing the envelope for on-console offline gaming than this streaming stuff.

Look at Assassin’s Creed Odyssey in Japan. Maybe Ubisoft could have somehow gotten it working on the Switch but they did that streaming thing. Maybe this is unfair, but I consider that a cop-out.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I will be extremely displeased if I have to play a Metroid Prime Trilogy in front of my TV only, and not on the train to work.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Gimmie dat MPT HD. I bet they could take out the motion controls for handheld play relatively easily.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Why take them out? Leave them but add in traditional controls.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Power Glove controls only. Separate purchase. Batteries not included.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    I mean I like options. Also, it's tough to go back to the OG GC controls. I'd rather hope they do like modern FPS controls, motion controls and OG GC controls if possible.

I think they should port it to an interactive fiction format. Remove the graphics, text only. Sell an external keyboard that connects through the USB-C port.

I think they should port it to an interactive fiction format. Remove the graphics, text only. Sell an external keyboard that connects through the USB-C port.

My favorite level in the original Nier did this.

edited February 2019
    LD50 wrote: »

What? Really?

Drez on
    edited February 2019
    LD50 wrote: »

What? Really?

They didn't have you typing out text (for usability reasons I assume, not everyone is going to have a usb keyboard that works with a ps3), but a section of the game is a text adventure.

Edit:
    To elaborate, they had you select your responses from a list instead. They even had you selecting directions and stuff navigating like in Zork. You could even die IIRC.

LD50 on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Nier is so good.

Also I wish that I hadn't read the rumors. If it turns out to be true it will be less exciting than if it came out of nowhere.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I've been fiending for Three Houses news for awhile, so this direct is already guaranteed to make me happy. Everything else is just gravy on top of the delicious Fire Emblem cake.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular

My dream scenario would be Wii-style controls for detached joycon, GCN-style controls for purists, and standard dual-stick controls as well. You could free up the second stick by moving beam switch to the d-pad and adding a visor wheel to L1.

no @urahonky

gimme all the spoilers. except when I die. I dont want that spoiled at all.

no @urahonky

gimme all the spoilers. except when I die. I dont want that spoiled at all.

OH YEAH?
    When you die everyone you love will miss you.

I hope that stings!

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    no @urahonky

gimme all the spoilers.

Tuesday, January the-
    except when I die. I dont want that spoiled at all.

Oh nevermind then. Disregard.

ChaosHat on
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Well, you got at least one year.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Also I wish that I hadn't read the rumors. If it turns out to be true it will be less exciting than if it came out of nowhere.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The only game among the rumors that is said to be in the Direct is Metroid Prime Trilogy. Zell said the other games are due for this year but he wasn't expecting any of them in this direct.

If they show Metroid I'm happy. Maker 2 was really a given considering how well it did on the Wii U...ON THE WII U, so making the next game on the Switch was the most no brainer decision Nintendo could make.

Then again, I'll be happy with anything they show, mostly because we are going into this year mostly knowing what Nintendo has in store for us, so I'm not going in expecting much new, and I'm ok with that. I'm drowning in releases as it is that I don't have time to play.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Terraria is the only true Nintendo game.

I truly hope it finally releases for you @Drez.

What game will you hopelessly pine for once that finally releases? :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I truly hope it finally releases for you @Drez.

What game will you hopelessly pine for once that finally releases? :P

Either a Switch version of Metroid Prime Trilogy or, and I know this is crazy, some of the old Black Isle games like Baldur’s Gate or Planescape: Torment.

Starbound

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

That's what I meant. Hence "for handheld play."

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    I'm excited about the Baldur's Gate games coming because all the Switch was missing was a good helping of Minsc and Boo. :heartbeat:

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Ill be honest, I think portable Baldur's gate is the only way I'll be able to beat that game.

Enc wrote: »
    Starbound

In all seriousness, yes, though it seems unlikely based on comments Chucklefish has made about the computations that drive Starbound.

Fallout 4 is something I’d like to see on Switch.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Ill be honest, I think portable Baldur's gate is the only way I'll be able to beat that game.

That is what did it for me; but on iPad.

Having it on iPad was just fucking magical.

If they make the controls good for consoles it might be even better on switch.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    Enc wrote: »
    Starbound

In all seriousness, yes, though it seems unlikely based on comments Chucklefish has made about the computations that drive Starbound.

Fallout 4 is something I’d like to see on Switch.

What's this now?