As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

President EvilPresident Evil Let's RockRegistered User regular
edited October 2019 in Games and Technology
jaeovp2aju26.png

It's a website! About video games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG_8XHk5JDk
8767cg700j1y.png

Podcasts:
The Giant Bombcast
The OG, arguably started this whole crazy thing.

The Giant Beastcast
The greatest podcast in the known universe.

All Systems Goku
Two grown-ass men share their thoughts as they watch Dragonball Z for the first time.

There's also tons of great video content! And a wiki! Check out Giant Bomb Infinite, for random videos from the site's archives, 24/7.

THE CREW:

WEST:

"Jazzy" Jeff Gerstmann
cywp694a2oq0.jpg

"Bumpin" Brad Shoemaker
19z1gu9r6bkw.png

"Jumpin" Jason Oestreicher
d5k61y88udab.jpg

"Big" Ben Pack
1eddn5hy79gv.jpg

"Jammin" Jan Ochoa
0n410e21t0qo.jpg

"Magnanimous" Matt Rorie
wf0yxuz3aii6.jpg

EAST:

"Astounding" Alex Navarro
7thclujgwmtu.jpg

"Veritable" Vinny Caravella
fk6mv3jv5m2e.jpg

"Dirty" Dan Ryckert
eq2orgfy7480.jpg

"Audacious" Abby Russell
3as8nion8sty.png

"Jersey" Jeff Bakalar
6mdvr75etwee.jpg

Other sites of interest:
jeff.zone
waypoint.vice.com
clothmap.co
imafixwolves.com

Even more websites:
abbyfrombrooklyn.biz
abbyzboyz.com
anothervideogamewebsite.com
austinwashere.club
billgatesfavoritevideogame.site
bombagigante.com
cornfights.com
dirtbiketatertot.com
dogbottom.com
dontcallnorm.com
fightinggame.science
games-pot.com
gaminggiant.xyz
garfield.life
garfieldfucks.com
gerstmannandfriends.fun
giantanime.com
giantasshole.com
giantblockcha.in
giantboat.com
giantbomb.net
giantbombsss.com
giantmeme.com
gianttoilet.com
gokugokugoku.com
gooddestinystuff.biz
greatballsoffireboys.com
guyswhoplayawholelotofvideo.games
hotsauceparty.biz
jeffbakalarsweedspeakers.store
mariofacts.com
mariofacts.site
mostredirects.com
mostwatched.network
murderis.land
nuke.com
onebighole.com
pookie.zone
pooky.zone
promoves.stream
rivalvideogamewebsite.com
roriesnewmonitor.info
spookyslide.com
ssjvegetalover.com
superobjectivevideogame.review
themostvideogame.review
videogames.com

1xkdpv2sesz9.png

President Evil on

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    That new thread smell.

steam_sig.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Finally catching up on the Beastcast and listening to the first one with Dan after he was kicked out of Giant Bomb West.

This is incredible.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Hearing people's thoughts about how Alex is playing ME2 I don't think I'll watch it as planned.

I'll have it on my other monitor while I'm playing a game so I can listen while missing any gameplay "mistakes" that will surely annoy me, a crazy person.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    God I will always love that picture of Ryan looming over a pile of burning money.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Almost 6 years after his death, Ryan pranks Vinny one more time by not putting Mario Galaxy 2's disc in the box when he gave it to Vinny.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Didn't that happen another time too? I remember hearing that on a GB podcast.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Didn't that happen another time too? I remember hearing that on a GB podcast.

I think it was Patrick accidentally doing it to someone and them not finding out until after he left GB.

No, wait, I remember

Somebody was going to play a game (I think it was Zelda) but the disc was for a different game that, I think, Patrick took home. Patrick went "Well, I guess I'm going to play Zelda instead" only to find that his case was empty.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    It was Jeff. He was trying to play Skyward Sword but the disc was Twilight Princess. And then he assumed the TP box would have SS, but it was just empty. I think.

Ceno on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycWYWqTNQyk

Fatal Fury Special & Battle Blaze.

It feels like they're cranking out RanKing of Fighters at a breakneck pace.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    YES. The best podcast in the universe is back! More ASG!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's a weekly feature!

liEt3nH.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    ASG:
    I want to believe Mr. Satan will get added to DBFZ with a 45 and hand grenades

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I am watching them stream Apex right now and I gotta say it’s a nice looking game. I may try it because there’s no barrier to entry but I can’t see myself sticking around for long without friends.

Destiny is kinda mindless and low stakes so I don’t feel a lot of pressure to be good, and if things are going poorly for me I am annoyed for a few minutes and move on.

In Apex I would be constantly stressing about the environment and whether or not I am fucking things up for my teammates, who are likely to be a bunch of randos.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    ASG:
    I want to believe Mr. Satan will get added to DBFZ with a 45 and hand grenades

It'd be a pretty cool callback to Ultimate Battle 22

Ed: sorry, I meant Ultimate Battle 23

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I've been listening to Waypoints stuff more and more and it's pretty great when they start rambling. Natalies' take on the Kingdom Hearts lore is giving me cramps from laughing so much.

I wish I liked their content more, I really do. They usually talk about interesting stuff, and Rob Zachny is always finding cool games to play. (He turned me on to War of the Ring, a board game I’ve been wanting to play since he talked about it). I always think about listening to a podcast and then I just... don’t .

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Waypoint seems to have gone full WWE, with just maybe more content than I know what to do with.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I wish I liked their content more, I really do. They usually talk about interesting stuff, and Rob Zachny is always finding cool games to play. (He turned me on to War of the Ring, a board game I’ve been wanting to play since he talked about it). I always think about listening to a podcast and then I just... don’t .

Yeah i only listen to the ones where they're drunk tbh :lol:

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular

I like everybody from Waypoint individually without exception but for some reason when they all get together I find they can get so far up their own asses that it's difficult to listen to them. This is particularly salient when it's a relatively serious topic.

I feel pretty much the same way. Feels like they haven't found a way to jell. Which is probably a lot harder when you are recording with people who can't be physically present.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Mass Alex continues the fine tradition of getting hopelessly lost in a virtual space, a good five minutes of not remembering where they've been at all.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    He got the brandy guys, all is well.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Mass Alex continues the fine tradition of getting hopelessly lost in a virtual space, a good five minutes of not remembering where they've been at all.

I think the mind during a broadcast enters a space similar to when a person is talking on the cellphone while driving. There really isn't the capacity to do both well.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I like the majority of Waypoint but I like stumbling through their twitter feeds better (except maybe Rob, who seems to spend a non-insignificant amount of his time vehemently putting crazy people on blast but then portraying them as the politically "moderate")

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

waypoint headline team extremely strong

liEt3nH.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I saw the article on Waypoint and before I even read the byline I knew it was Patrick.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Which side of Jeff will win out this year, the Respawn PUBG or Mario Maker 2?

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Think it'll depend on whether or not one can upload their own audio clips. Say, for a goomba of some sort.

steam_sig.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I keep forgetting about Waypoint.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Tetris Royale.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    How much Jeff loves Mario Maker 2 will depend entirely on what kind of additions/improvements they make. If they do it right, I can easily see it being his GOTY again.

I'm so happy for Blinking White Guy's continuing success

I'm so happy for Blinking White Guy's continuing success

Did you see that series where he played all of Metal Gear with the taco bell wedding guy?

• JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Was there a RE2 stream today or did it get canceled for the Direct?

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Jakorian wrote: »
    Was there a RE2 stream today or did it get canceled for the Direct?

they did both!

J3qcnBP.png
  • President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    It was glorious.

This discussion has been closed.