As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The result of this [love] thread is pointedly clear

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Well we we started watching a Netflix show together and she introduced me to her dog. So you could say it's getting serious.

In the past when I'd have a nice couple of dates I'd usually be really quiet about it with friends or family because I didn't want to then have to go back and tell them it broke off. Complete opposite with this one; I'm the town crier announcing the news in the village square (ok not quite, but yeah).

• PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    Fuck guys I told him! He’s typing and I’m hella fucking nervous to see his response.

edited February 2019
    Welp. It wasn’t flat out rejection because he cares about me too. He just want to stay friend’s. I’m okay with that but not gonna lie it hurt. x.X

Edit: Scratch that it hurts more than I thought. Trying not cry because I have to work for 4 hours with a bunch of asshole kids. Hopefully they don’t sniff out my weakness today...

PassionateLovie on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Welp. It wasn’t flat out rejection because he cares about me too. He just want to stay friend’s. I’m okay with that but not gonna lie it hurt. x.X

Edit: Scratch that it hurts more than I thought. Trying not cry because I have to work for 4 hours with a bunch of asshole kids. Hopefully they don’t sniff out my weakness today...

:bro:

Proud of you for putting yourself out there. Regardless of the result, don't lose sight of the part where you bit the bullet and did the thing; you won't have to regret the "what ifs" thanks to that bit of courage. Survive those four hours and then go home and process that shit. You'll be alright.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Based on a couple of recent Facebook posts by my sister-in-law, I'm pretty sure my brother got divorced and no one bothered to tell me. I mean, I'm terrible about communicating with family, but this is going to make for a really awkward call to my parents in a few days to ask about it and tell them I'm engaged...

Also, I'm proposing to my GF on Valentines. Technically she proposed to me a couple weeks ago and picked a wedding date a year and a half ago, so it's kind of a formality

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm really unhappy, love thread.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Hey, you found the courage to put yourself out there, and that's the important part. Too many people get content drifting along in a status quo that's ultimately to their detriment. Ripping the band-aid and finding out one way or the other how you move forward is an A+ good choice and I genuinely commend you for it.

• mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Something of a cross post (mainly for those folks who don't make a habit of lurking in the LGBTQIA+ thread)…

This is the fella that I would move heaven and earth itself for if it made him smile:

so4vcotn4z5e.jpg

He's wearing the cap. I'm...well, not, obviously :lol:

Did I mention that he has the most adorable smile?

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    mori1972 wrote: »
    Something of a cross post (mainly for those folks who don't make a habit of lurking in the LGBTQIA+ thread)…

This is the fella that I would move heaven and earth itself for if it made him smile:

so4vcotn4z5e.jpg

There is way too much cute in this photograph all around, frankly.

Always fun when you've been talking to someone on a dating app and it is going well and they ask where you work and you have to tell them you are on disability actually and then you are waiting to hear back.

Totally not nerve wracking.

Totally doesn't make you feel judged and worthless.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Had a really really great time with Jason over this weekend. They got along great with Christine and I, and there was lots of smooching and snuggles and food and games and other things and they left today and I'm a big sobbing mess

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    So I was in a five year relationship that ended three months ago. It wasn't super dramatic; neither of us were really getting a lot of happiness out of it anymore so it made sense, but I was still in pretty rough shape until recently. I decided to try out a dating app since I pretty much only see people at work and when hanging out with a close group of friends, and when we do go out the tavern we frequent isn't particularly hopping. I've been taking care of myself a lot better since the breakup, including my environment, but I haven't really spent money on stuff in a while so I decided to splurge and buy some art and new curtains and stuff for my apartment, which made me feel great! I somehow got a bunch of matches on the app within two days which was astonishing, and someone messaged me. We ended up getting a pretty questionable meal at a restaurant near here and then watched three hours of adventure time and cuddled on the couch and it was very good!

edited February 2019
    3clipse wrote: »

Hey, you found the courage to put yourself out there, and that's the important part. Too many people get content drifting along in a status quo that's ultimately to their detriment. Ripping the band-aid and finding out one way or the other how you move forward is an A+ good choice and I genuinely commend you for it.

Yeah I was a little hurt at first but I'm glad I told him. It really doesn't change anything. I still have feelings for him and we both agreed we're important to each other. I don't plan on waiting around for him but if his feelings change I'm happy to accept them. At least he knows how I feel.

PassionateLovie on
  • mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    mori1972 wrote: »

[snip]

There is way too much cute in this photograph all around, frankly.

That's entirely the new fella - he has one of the kindest, most expressive faces I think I've ever had the joy of being able to look at. When he smiles, it just lights up the entire room, and he gets this twinkle in his eyes sometimes that's just...heart-melting *happy sigh*

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    And that side of my life is really really great, I'm still a little confused about that actually, it's just been so smooth, I'm halfway waiting for something to go wrong just because that's what I'm used to, I guess?

I'm totally in the same boat with my GF, too. When I'm with her, I'm confident things are going great, but then I start second guessing myself when I'm not.

Speaking of which, we have a Valentine's weekend date on Saturday at a fancy restaurant (with *gasp* reservations). I don't know if I'll get her flowers (they're beautiful, but they die in a week. I don't like what that represents), but I do have a box of bourbon chocolates I got from my trip to Kentucky, and a sequined makeup bag she mentioned she liked on our first date. And in it are some mini Pachimari clippy plushes that she's had her eye on for a while.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    If you don't like flowers, you can get a small succulent or bromeliad instead. They're nice to look at and lower maintenance than many house plants.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Flowers are great though. Everyone give everyone more flowers.

Straightzi wrote: »

What if they are allergic to flowers

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    A bouquet of lavender and judas tree flowers.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My gran disliked cut flowers because they made her think of funerals and death and I've never been able to get rid of that association. I second a houseplanty thing. Or a piece of art?

Someone give me flowers

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Someone give me flours

z0lejnnbtesb.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    1pzinj.jpg

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Stranger Than Fiction did it better anyway.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Someone give me flours

z0lejnnbtesb.png

There's no White Lily in there this bouquet is BULLSHIT

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I'm working on a case study regarding education reform for one of my classes, and the girl I'm seeing who agreed to be a serious thing relationship whatever who teachers 5th graders asked if she could read it. So she did and then Sunday we discussed it together while working on other stuff and that was really enjoyable!

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Currently work is long

Evening of Sasquatch turned to the top volumes on the 'phones and chilling is due I think

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I am just starting to feel not sick

Thought I was going to die yesterday

I love .... solid food. I can't wait to have some tomorrow

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Someone give me flours

z0lejnnbtesb.png

I have just recently started talking to someone with a gluten allergy, and you better bet your ass I am stealing this idea.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Sned @bugboy a bouquet of different types of insect flour to really get this gag runnin

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

What if they are allergic to flowers

I made origami flowers one year
    I know it's a little late but I am tempted to do it again

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I lie silently

In wait just like a coiled spring

To defend the cost

Of the valentine's day flowers.

Liiya wrote: »
    I lie silently

In wait just like a coiled spring

To defend the cost

Of the valentine's day flowers.

The only place it irritates me is the roses, which I can generally buy pretty cheap (and roses are one of my favorites, so I often do), but I see the price go up significantly around Valentine's Day.

Otherwise I generally consider the cost of flowers (and the cost of a good arrangement) to be very worth it.

I have never received flowers

• Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    That is going to be an ungodly heavy bouquet if those bag have anything in them. Perfect for your partner to bludgeon their enemies with once you've given it to them. The perfect gift. Let's see you do that, flowers!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Someone give me flours

z0lejnnbtesb.png

I have just recently started talking to someone with a gluten allergy, and you better bet your ass I am stealing this idea.

What a masaterpiece

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I have never received flowers

I got flowers from the lady I leased my car from and I nearly cried

They were very pretty

That's the sum total of my flower receiving experience

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Sned @bugboy a bouquet of different types of insect flour to really get this gag runnin

my heart/open circulatory system

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I've never gotten flowers and, while flowers are very pretty and I would be very appreciative of the gesture, that's probably for the best because I don't know if my copious allergies could handle being near them for long periods of time.

Plus I prefer to see flowers in a garden setting where I can also visit the lovely bees and other insects that come with them

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    3clipse wrote: »
    1pzinj.jpg

Somebody ain’t gettin’ fresh baked bread or cookies.

sarukun on
This discussion has been closed.