As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Glad to see we are all getting some value out of this

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Veevee tagged me on Steam for this. I’d be keen to play but given the time of most of the posts and from last experiences, it’s tough to line up games for my time zone vs US.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    We are currently having an insane goblins/wood elves game

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    It's been a while since played Blood Bowl, but I imagine the Goblins are murdering all the Wood Elves with their illegal weapons fashionable sports accessories or the Wood Elves are just running circles around a bunch of Goblins flailing around trying to achieve anything at all.

Possibly both at the same time.

• Options
    Lots of Wood Elves not being agile and Goblins bashing the fuck out of Wood Elves in the first half, and then like 4 Goblins holding 10 Wood Elves in the second

• Options
    Another tie for the Class Clowns, mostly due to some really great luck on their side and bad luck for the enemy team

So basically the usual Goblin victory conditions

• Options
    Spent all my winnings on buying more gobbos because I was tired of having like 5 players on the pitch in the second half

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    The Class Clowns hit my wardancer for -1 AV on their only foul attempt. Damn dirty goblins... And of course the MVP went to a journeyman line elf.

On the other hand, both my thrower and other wardancer rolled doubles, so they both have Guard now. Hooray?

• Options
    Guard on a wardancer is really good!

• Options
    Oh, I know. Neither wardancer is developing along planned lines now though. And the thrower was mostly there for a Leader reroll, but I couldn't turn more Guard down.

It's good, I'm just bummed about the other wardancer I guess.

• Options
    Nothing in Blood Bowl ever goes as planned, it's all about going where the ride takes you

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    I wish I had more time to play with you all. I have an orc team named Da' Orcs.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I made a vampire team called The Caped Impaler's.

I am not a fan of the blood thirst mechanic unfortunately.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Vamps are like Big Guys that eat teammates when their rolls fail but without all that overwhelming power to make them worth it

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Oh, I know. Neither wardancer is developing along planned lines now though. And the thrower was mostly there for a Leader reroll, but I couldn't turn more Guard down.

Strong Arm!

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Guard is a good pick for doubles though since elves need all the blocking help they can get

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Vamps are like Big Guys that eat teammates when their rolls fail but without all that overwhelming power to make them worth it

I'm screwing around with a vamp team in an eternal league and the vamps themselves are really strong with 4 str and 4 agi. Without it you'd be able to field a team of 6 vampires and be crazy strong. It's crazy having 3 players that bash like a black orc but the agility of an elf. I frequently score in 2-3 turns with them as their easy to dodge with and pass with.

• Options

Strong Arm!

It was a tough call between the two, but Guard should come in handy far more often than Strong Arm would.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Vampires are incredibly strong players. They're strong enough that even though the team has no ST5 players, the vast bulk of their lineup are human linemen but shitty, and they consistently eat their own players, they still rock a total average win percentage nearly matching Chaos and Nurgle, and only a few percent worse than Orcs (this according to stats gathered by the NAF, which is tabletop Blood Bowl's biggest fan organization).

They're still like the fourth worst team in the game, mind you. But the gap between them and third worst is pretty big.

• Options
    Btw, was there some sort of change to inducements at some point? Thanks to my injuries, the gobbos had a TV 140 or 150 higher than mine when we started today. The game appeared to only be giving me 10,000 to use for inducements though, so I ended up with none.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    It should have giving you 140 or 150 thousand then, and the 10k you saw was the extra cash you had on hand that you could add to the inducement petty cash. At least, that's what I think should have been happening.

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    It should have giving you 140 or 150 thousand then, and the 10k you saw was the extra cash you had on hand that you could add to the inducement petty cash. At least, that's what I think should have been happening.

I had 80k in my treasury, and it showed me that as extra. The only other amount it was showing was 10k in petty cash (I believe that's how it was listed). I was expecting the 140-150k to get a wizard.

• Options
    Do Journeymen cost out of inducements?

• Options
    Ahh, the journeymen do add to the TV. That explains it.

• Options
    That's Blood Bowl

When your dude GFIs and he falls down and dies, that's Blood Bowl!
    When the crowd's cheering lulz as you roll double skulls, that's Blood Bowl!
    Snake Eyes roll, ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
    And you'll scream "MOTHERFUCKER!"
    Blood will spray, tip-a-tip-a-tay, tip-a-tip-a-tay
    Trust us, there's no succor
    When your face is a scowl as you're Turn 16-fouled, that's Blood Bowl!
    Your star player's head splits from a weak snotling's blitz, you will raaaage!
    Intercepted by a Kroxigor you lose all control
    So we say "well my friend, see the pain never ends: That's Blood Bowl!"

• Options
    I made a new 10 team Wissen cup competition and sent an invite ticket to the teams in the Round Robin B and PA Open, both of which have now been deleted.

This is last call for anyone not in the current round robin that would like to play, please make a new team and join the PA Wissen Cup. If you are part of the round robin and would like to play another team, feel free to join now. There are currently 6 open spots, and I'll get the competition started as soon as a 10th team joins.

• Options
    I'll put a team in there later tonight.

• Options
    @Veevee It only shows your Norse in there right now. Any idea what other teams were invited already? I'm open to playing almost anything, and would rather not enter a team that's already represented.

• Options
    Who are we waiting on to get to the next round? I think I’m up against undead.

• Options
    Who are we waiting on to get to the next round? I think I’m up against undead.

I was curious how some people had 2 games played and some people 0. Did the first round advance? I haven't looked up my opponent

• Options
    The first round advanced on Sunday.

• Options
    Ok I see there are no more 0 games played teams and a few got dropped? Guess I need to find my opponents.

I'm We R Smash, orc team. I'm playing the Splats a halfling team.

• Options
    I made a new 10 team Wissen cup competition and sent an invite ticket to the teams in the Round Robin B and PA Open, both of which have now been deleted.

This is last call for anyone not in the current round robin that would like to play, please make a new team and join the PA Wissen Cup. If you are part of the round robin and would like to play another team, feel free to join now. There are currently 6 open spots, and I'll get the competition started as soon as a 10th team joins.

@veevee Couldn't find the second one. Have a vampire team ready. Maybe it's full already

• Options
    @RickRude Register for The PA Cup, and then join the PA Wissen Cup within there.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Ok I see there are no more 0 games played teams and a few got dropped? Guess I need to find my opponents.

I'm We R Smash, orc team. I'm playing the Splats a halfling team.

I.e. me

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular

Strong Arm!

It was a tough call between the two, but Guard should come in handy far more often than Strong Arm would.

I don't believe a wood elf thrower should be standing next to the opposition all that frequently. Sure it absolutely helps when you get mobbed to peel off the blockers to allow the thrower to dodge away but I'm not running the thrower up to help on the line of scrimmage. I am woodelves, I dodge away.

With Accurate on the next level up you have a dude who Long Bombs the ball with an innate reroll on a 3+ who only fumbles on a 1.

That's a crazy offence which most teams will struggle to cope with. You completely de risk the passing game.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The invited teams for the PA Wissen Cup are @MrBody Kislev Circus, @ShadowofVT Lizards, and an amazon team I believe is owned by @Moridin889

If you are not able to find the league, or I guess if your lazy, send me a PM with your blood bowl coach name, and the name of the team and I'll send an invite ticket to you.

Veevee on
  • Options

Strong Arm!

I don't believe a wood elf thrower should be standing next to the opposition all that frequently. Sure it absolutely helps when you get mobbed to peel off the blockers to allow the thrower to dodge away but I'm not running the thrower up to help on the line of scrimmage. I am woodelves, I dodge away.

With Accurate on the next level up you have a dude who Long Bombs the ball with an innate reroll on a 3+ who only fumbles on a 1.

That's a crazy offence which most teams will struggle to cope with. You completely de risk the passing game.

That's all true. But offense is not a big issue for wood elves regardless most of the time. My thrower also has to spend half (or probably more) of the game on defense, where Guard will be extremely helpful. I average maybe 2 pass attempts per game, and there is usually not much need to throw further than a quick pass. Where that would come in handy is against other fast teams, but this little league is rather short on those.

• Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    The invited teams for the PA Wissen Cup are @MrBody Kislev Circus, @ShadowofVT Lizards, and an amazon team I believe is owned by @Moridin889

If you are not able to find the league, or I guess if your lazy, send me a PM with your blood bowl coach name, and the name of the team and I'll send an invite ticket to you.

I missed this last night, but I'll be sure to sign in tonight and register up.

• Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I signed up for the cup, although it's just myself and one other so far.

I also decided to play a game with a rookie Lizard team in the general open league to shake off the cobwebs. Got matched against a rookie Dark Elf team who tried to play way too bashy. The first half I kicked off to him and he was getting all the rolls - single die blocks against my Saurus, all sorts of dodges, and generally spurning Nuffle the entire time. But I knew it wouldn't last.

I held him off and prevented a score in the first half, and sure enough things started turning around in the second. He used all 3 of his re-rolls in his first 3 turns, but that didn't stop me from scoring on turn 4. Then he got too aggressive trying to tie it up and left the ball too exposed. I punished him for it and got a second score on my last turn to win 2-0. Unfortunately both a Saurus and a skink got a -1 MA and were fed to the chipper shredded after the game, and another skink is missing the next game. I earned enough to replace the Saurus, but that still leaves me with 10 players for the next game.

Blood bowl!