As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Yes, since mine is still connected (I bought a breakout box for XB1X before the prices went up, though now they're back to normal-ish). You could use a headset mic though.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    So I set the game to install (I'm downloading it 105 mb/s...not bad, Xbox Live, considering my connection is officially 100 mb/s down).

Haha. Funny. Ihate you.

Megabits mind you. Not megabytes.

I forgot to add to the story: about ten seconds after getting the notification that the install was complete, I said "Cortana, play Sea of Thieves."

Worked the first time.

Pff I'd be blessed if I could even peak at 10 Mbs

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So I set the game to install (I'm downloading it 105 mb/s...not bad, Xbox Live, considering my connection is officially 100 mb/s down).

Haha. Funny. Ihate you.

I forgot to add to the story: about ten seconds after getting the notification that the install was complete, I said "Cortana, play Sea of Thieves."

Worked the first time.

I know. Little b.

I get .75 Mb/s. I hate myself.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    oh right i forgot cortana exists on American Xboxs

In Canada that never got added so when I talk to my xbox it's all Xbox Pause or Xbox Play... and that's about it.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular

Haha. Funny. Ihate you.

Worked the first time.

But you are (BRIAN) BLESSED! Wait...

CHISWICK, FRESH HORSES!

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I have 150Mb here but mostly because they upgraded me from 100 for free so they could try to sell me a new modem.
    I bought the new modem. Not from the cable company, mind you.

I would feel smug but I have Japanese friends who I look at in probably the same way Canadians look at us. I was talking to a friend from Osaka a little while back and he was like "Oh, I was on the 2Gb service but it was too expensive at Y3000 a month, so I downgraded to 1Gb for Y2000."

New BC titles today, don't know if that was mentioned upthread. KOF XIII and Orcs Must Die. Neither one of them all that interesting to me but I'm sure they have their fans.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Haha. Funny. Ihate you.

Worked the first time.

But you are (BRIAN) BLESSED! Wait...

CHISWICK, FRESH HORSES!

*vigorously adjusts beard and teeth*

I have 150Mb here but mostly because they upgraded me from 100 for free so they could try to sell me a new modem.
    I bought the new modem. Not from the cable company, mind you.

I would feel smug but I have Japanese friends who I look at in probably the same way Canadians look at us. I was talking to a friend from Osaka a little while back and he was like "Oh, I was on the 2Gb service but it was too expensive at Y3000 a month, so I downgraded to 1Gb for Y2000."

New BC titles today, don't know if that was mentioned upthread. KOF XIII and Orcs Must Die. Neither one of them all that interesting to me but I'm sure they have their fans.

WHAT?

WHAT?!

There is no reaction image sufficient for this. I've been asking for this for literally years.

The only SNK fighter that I played for very long was Galaxy Fight, because it had a bunny girl. I had Samurai Spirits for the 3DO and got wrecked repeatedly just trying to get through single player.

I'm really not good at fighting games.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    The only SNK fighter that I played for very long was Galaxy Fight, because it had a bunny girl. I had Samurai Spirits for the 3DO and got wrecked repeatedly just trying to get through single player.

I may have played Bloody Roar more than is advisable for much the same reason.

Yeah, King of Fighters will only give you large, masculine Latino bird men.

Taramoor wrote: »

I may have played Bloody Roar more than is advisable for much the same reason.

I do miss the brofist reaction button.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    oh right i forgot cortana exists on American Xboxs

In Canada that never got added so when I talk to my xbox it's all Xbox Pause or Xbox Play... and that's about it.

Oh, so that's it, is it? I thought it was an opt-in thing that I just never opted into.

So why don't we have it?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlhhvJ--ko

Terry Crews is a videogame about Crackdown

That was shown in the Inside Xbox that Kotaku warned no one to watch.

It's honestly the most interesting promotion I've found of any Crackdown game personally. He's very charismatic in a different way than he is in Brooklyn 99.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    That was shown in the Inside Xbox that Kotaku warned no one to watch.

It's honestly the most interesting promotion I've found of any Crackdown game personally. He's very charismatic in a different way than he is in Brooklyn 99.

QUACK QUACK MOTHER FUCKER!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so here's a thing, CEO of Chucklefish, the devs of recently released Wargroove, has called out Sony on the issue of cross-platform play. in aninterview with Game Informer Shawn Layden said that Sony are 'open for business' on the matter.
    People keep saying, “Why doesn’t Sony allow more people to have it?” We’re open for business on this one. All it takes is for publishers and developers who wish to permission it. As ever, just work with your PlayStation account manager, and they will walk you through the steps that we’ve learned through our partnership with Epic on how this works. I don’t believe right now there is any gating factor on that.

Chucklefish CEO Finn Brice chimed in over at ResetEra to give an account of the teams own experience on the matter.
    Hi all,

CEO Of Chucklefish here, we just launched Wargroove with crossplay between PC, Switch and Xbox so I wanted to chime in.

We made many requests for crossplay (both through our account manager and directly with higher ups) all the way up until release month. We were told in no uncertain terms that it was not going to happen.

From our side, we can *literally* toggle a switch and have it working. Of course policy work might be more complicated for Sony.

Just wanted to provide some balance on the issue and say that it certainly isn't a question of developers having not contacted their account managers or having dropped the ball. We were told no.

so while Sony have publicly made some concessions on the matter, it seems that behind the scenes they may still be restricting devs who want to open up their multi-player.

sourced from here. all info and links included there.

Of course they aren't open for business there. They are the console leader you should bow at their feet and be thankful they release your game at all on their console they have standards you see!

Honestly its sickening how much of the ps2 era of sony has come back with the ps4.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    'Winners' write the rules.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    PS5 will cost $1000.

Don't worry, people will get second jobs to pay for it.
    lolSony. Welcome back, old friend.

Its the exact same mentality of the old guard from the Xbox 360 days. Thankfully it's probably only a matter of time before the PR speak becomes something of a reality at the ground level, but with Jim Ryan now at the helm, that policy probably comes later rather than sooner.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Arrogant Sony arises when they dominate the marketplace; Xbox screwed up this generation someting fierce so it isn't surprising they've gotten more shitty. Hopefully the preperation Xbox has made over the past few years will put them in position to be more of a threat to Sony and actually push them to be more flexible.

edited February 2019
    Except for the costs. Microsoft was in a race to keep prices down (which might've affected build quality too).

And Microsoft was also amenable to cross-play back then in specific circumstances (namely, Final Fantasy XI).

Sony's online infrastructure has gotten a lot better in the meantime--frankly, when they were the "underdog" if we'd call it that with the PS3, it was shit. Even when it wasn't a burning trashfire, it wasn't that good.

Synthesis on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Battle Royale games trying to set a landspeed record for shark-jumpin
    https://kotaku.com/tetris-is-the-latest-series-to-become-a-battle-royale-1832604296

https://kotaku.com/tetris-is-the-latest-series-to-become-a-battle-royale-1832604296

100 Tetrominos parachute onto an abandoned island north of Russia...

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

100 Tetrominos parachute onto an abandoned island north of Russia...

I'm imagining where each team is a selection of tetrads, and you gotta like dogpile on top of the enemy team to make a row.... but then that would be a suicide mission

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hellblade is coming out on Switch. Curious if that was just a leftover project from before the Xbox purchase, or if it's something that came about afterwards.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Of course they aren't open for business there. They are the console leader you should bow at their feet and be thankful they release your game at all on their console they have standards you see!

Honestly its sickening how much of the ps2 era of sony has come back with the ps4.

This is why I never bought a ps3 and chose xbox one again over the 4. Sony are just dicks when they're on top. I hate how their cameras used to only use Sony accessories .

RickRude wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

This is why I never bought a ps3 and chose xbox one again over the 4. Sony are just dicks when they're on top. I hate how their cameras used to only use Sony accessories .

Yeah I had a ps2 and didn't like all the bs with that (plus I hate the controller fuck you dual shock). Plus I live in Washington state we're all owned by microsoft up here.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Tetris 99 is Good, Actually

Hellblade is coming out on Switch. Curious if that was just a leftover project from before the Xbox purchase, or if it's something that came about afterwards.

doesn't seem to have MS's name attached anywhere, but its not the only thing like this to pop up. Obsidean are working on a multi=platform title along side (some of)the creators of the original Fallout games. that was also announced after news of the studio purchase was announced. so either MS are honouring deals made before those purchases, or are allowing studios to release games on other platforms sans the MS/Xbox branding. i'd lean more towards the former but these could also be tests cases for expanding beyond their own ecosystems.

also if we're going to Xbox titles on other consoles Ori on Switch is a no brainer. seriously MS, make it happen!

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Tetris 99 is Good, Actually

No microtrans for tetrimino skins? No season pass? Did they even try to copy forknife?

edited February 2019
    Wraith260 wrote: »

doesn't seem to have MS's name attached anywhere, but its not the only thing like this to pop up. Obsidean are working on a multi=platform title along side (some of)the creators of the original Fallout games. that was also announced after news of the studio purchase was announced. so either MS are honouring deals made before those purchases, or are allowing studios to release games on other platforms sans the MS/Xbox branding. i'd lean more towards the former but these could also be tests cases for expanding beyond their own ecosystems.

also if we're going to Xbox titles on other consoles Ori on Switch is a no brainer. seriously MS, make it happen!

Eh, I don't think we'll see Ori on Switch for the same reason we won't see Bayonetta II on Xbox One. Microsoft has very specific plans for what franchises they control--and there's not that many of them, or at least that's the narrative--and which ones will go to other platforms, like the Switch. Minecraft is a multiplayer ecosystem....Ori not so much. Nintendo's the same way, except they guard it more jealously in turn.

I wouldn't complain if it happened. But I wouldn't complain about Bayonetta II on Xbox One X. Come on, Nintendo, let Platinum do it!

Synthesis on
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Eh, I don't think we'll see Ori on Switch for the same reason we won't see Bayonetta II on Xbox One. Microsoft has very specific plans for what franchises they control--and there's not that many of them, or at least that's the narrative--and which ones will go to other platforms, like the Switch. Minecraft is a multiplayer ecosystem....Ori not so much.

I wouldn't complain if it happened. But I wouldn't complain about Bayonetta II on Xbox One X. Come on, Nintendo, let Platinum do it!

oh i don't expect it for a second. but if anything was going to make the jump from exclusive to mutli-platform then i think Ori being on Switch would be the obvious choice. not at all likely, but we all know it makes perfect sense.

The trend that governs things like Minecraft and Hellblade is that both were multiplats long before they were Microsoft-owned properties

Hellblade is also the kind of game that's trying to go everywhere, and not just to Switch...it's been available on the Windows 10 store for several months now (though sadly, it's not a Xbox Play Anywhere title).

It looks like the kind of game that was always intended to get put everywhere, the one thing keeping it from doing that was Sony's exclusivity agreement. Not unlike Minecraft. Ori is more like Infamous I suppose--high profile, though not the highest necessarily, and exclusive.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy 9's out in the X-Box store for 20 bucks. May wanna wait and see how good the port is seeing I've heard the older ones to PC have had issues.

That's so weird. Why FFIX specifically? Is it the only one that's not getting released in a set later? Why not FFVIII?

That's so weird. Why FFIX specifically? Is it the only one that's not getting released in a set later? Why not FFVIII?

SE is re-releasing/remastering 7,9,10,10-2, and 12. They’re not planning to remaster 8.

I've heard the same, but why IX by itself?