As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Podcats

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

this is a podcast cat, a podcat

he also thinks Gotenks sucks

6F32U1X.png

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've been listening to a lot of Behind The Bastards lately, highly recommended if you want to hear about horrible people (and if you don't, well then, good on you, you're making the better choice)

Also, Wild Thing is a pretty delightful little podcast about a woman finding out her late cousin was a widely respected Bigfoot researcher and diving into that particular field of... study?

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hollywood handbook is a good podcast

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I've also been listening to a lot of Behind the Bastards. Have you heard The Non-Nazi Bastards Who Helped Hitler Rise to Power? I listened to that one this morning and it was the most chilling ep I've had so far.

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    That is a good cat

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I've been listening to a lot of Behind The Bastards lately, highly recommended if you want to hear about horrible people (and if you don't, well then, good on you, you're making the better choice)

Also, Wild Thing is a pretty delightful little podcast about a woman finding out her late cousin was a widely respected Bigfoot researcher and diving into that particular field of... study?

You can study Bigfoot. If he exists, he's meat and bone, that leaves physical evidence. There are existing scientific fields with techniques that can be used to investigate the existence of Bigfoot.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I know! I didn't want to cast aspersions on those who study Bigfoot. The podcast is less about the hard science (though it's certainly somewhat about that) and kind of more about the cultural phenomenon of Bigfoot, which was why I was hesitant to say what the focus was. I should've been clearer

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    are you casting aspersions on the squatch???

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I have the utmost respect for the Squatch

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I mostly just listen to podcasts that Jamie Loftus is on, so thanks to Behind the Bastards I hate Zuckerberg a whole lot now.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I'm casting aspersions on people who study Bigfoot

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Sasquaspersions

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I don't know if I believe in Bigfoot
    But let's just say... I want to believe

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I was just looking at a map of bigfoot sightings all across North America

Motherfucker gets around

• Options
    i'm willing to believe that a bigfoot-like creature could exist and also is nearly if not already extinct

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It's good we've never actually discovered a sasquatch because you know we'd have king konged the hell out of him and it would really goddamn tragic. If Bigfoot is (still) out there, I hope he gets to live his entire life free of (direct) human interference.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    i'm willing to believe that a bigfoot-like creature could exist and also is nearly if not already extinct

Yeah big mammals ain't much of a thing in the Americas any more because we ate them all.

• Options
    like the chupacabra? shit that's just a regular-ass animal that doesn't want to eat goat meat

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Yeah big mammals ain't much of a thing in the Americas any more because we ate them all.

Bears!

• Options
    like the chupacabra? shit that's just a regular-ass animal that doesn't want to eat goat meat

I'm a chupacabra?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I have seen a plaster mold of bigfoots ass

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

There are so many cougars in America that they have their own town!

They even made a TV show about it!

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

chupacabras want to eat everything
    60981787-f8a0-4cce-98dc-2989543f4a21.png

• Options

Bears!

You know that they barely count.

• Options
    destroying a creature has nothing to do with ingesting one

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Bears!

I

Am so

So mad at you for not using the pun spelling

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Maybe it's so ravenous because it refuses to eat all these things it's killing

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    but yeah like i can believe people saw a mothman!

mothman is also absolutely a pile of bones in a swamp now, ain't no way that the diet it needed was supported

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Bears!

I

Am so

But you still got the pun right? This is better, it doesn't gild the lily.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I believe in Bigfoot but only the super bizarre transdimensional teleporting energy-being Bigfoot, mundane Sasquatch theorists are fucking morons

• Options

Bears!

I

Am so

The whole point of puns is to make them over the top obnoxious

• Options

Bears!

I

Am so

What kind of fool doesn't want a golden lily?

• Options
    Good Ol' Tom will give you cash for that motherfucker

• Options

Bears!

I

Am so

Oh trust me, had we been speaking face-to-face, I would have laid it on thick.

• Options

Bears!

I

Am so

Oh you're telling me the whole point of puns?

A bad joke can be made all the more satisfying by making it subtle, allowing the realization to come naturally to the reader/listener as they contemplate your words, in a sense forcing them to betray their own sensibilities by creating the connection for themselves.

An over-the-top pun is a rich indulgence, a subtle pun is a soft delicacy.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Bears!

I

Am so

Oh you're telling me the whole point of puns?

A bad joke can be made all the more satisfying by making it subtle, allowing the realization to come naturally to the reader/listener as they contemplate your words, in a sense forcing them to betray their own sensibilities by creating the connection for themselves.

An over-the-top pun is a rich indulgence, a subtle pun is a soft delicacy.

sounds like some "macaroni with a sprinkling of cheese" nonsense to me

GO HARD OR GO HOME

• Options
    I'm not trying to impress you with my comedy or my cooking

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm not trying to impress you with my comedy or my cooking

too bad, you already have

• Options
    back off buddy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I saw a promo for one of those bigfoot hunter shows, and honestly the least believable thing was the fact they used "Squatch" as an informal label for the creature and expect to be taken seriously.

"...there's a squatch in these woods..."

This discussion has been closed.