As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where's the hype?

JohnBlazeNYCJohnBlazeNYC Registered User regular
Is this a sign on how this years Pax will be? Its too quiet on here!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Pretty sure lots of people are gearing up for PAX Unplugged and South at the moment! :)

I am sure PAX East will have plenty of people around

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Pretty sure lots of people are gearing up for PAX Unplugged and South at the moment! :)

I am sure PAX East will have plenty of people around

He said it best. There's nothing to hype at the moment for East. It's too early.

We got our tickets and hotels. Back to hibernation until February when the hype train comes back to the station.

MephistoN7 on
    erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    Yea it was all about East for that week or so. It will start to pick up around January or so. I wasnt able to snag the close hotels so still trying to look for possibly a room share. But people wont really start posting more of that till it gets closer.

xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    It's dead Jim... It'll get better though

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    JohnBlazeNYCJohnBlazeNYC Registered User regular
    Thanks, I was getting worried.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    It's par for the course.

When South ends is when it'll pick up.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    Chris B.Chris B. Registered User regular
    Im excited for PAX East!! First time going!

Chris B.
    YT Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCy0ysTqAt4AzNdxNQ2oXsg
    christovonhool@gmail.com
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    I think it's crazy year after year that hundreds of thousands of people go to PAX, yet the subreddit and official forums are always barren.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2019
    eh, it wasn't always less active, people just don't use forums as much as they used to.

the tweeter and the books and the gram are the "places" now.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    eh, it wasn't always less active, people just don't use forums as much as they used to.

the tweeter and the books and the gram are the "places" now.

Yeah the forums do seem a bit slower the past few years...maybe we are just getting old haha

• Options
    I see they are finalizing panels this week. Hoping they announce the concerts soon, they're usually announced a bit before the schedule with is probably still 4 weeks out from being released.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    I see they are finalizing panels this week. Hoping they announce the concerts soon, they're usually announced a bit before the schedule with is probably still 4 weeks out from being released.

Any in particular you're hoping for this year?

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    I'd really love to see Bit Brigade, Powerglove and Protomen!

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    LejicLejic Registered User regular
    Panels are hands down my favorite part. I mean yes expo hall is cool, boardgaming with people is awesome, merch is good etc but panels are what I genuinely don't get anywhere else, I feel like. I've found so many podcasts or been part of so many random discussions just by walking into a panel without (much of) a clue. Watching afterwards is fine, but there's something about being there that adds to the experience.

I've never done the concerts, wonder if I should try this year, see if I have a similar experience there...

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular

You have good taste :D

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Coldbrew wrote: »

You have good taste :D

:D

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Lejic wrote: »
    I've never done the concerts, wonder if I should try this year, see if I have a similar experience there...

I hadn't done the concerts since the early years, but last year committed to the VGO concert of music from Final Fantasy XIV. At the last minute, it was changed to the soundtrack from FFXV with the composer and artists who scored the game. Amazing experience. Definitely worth checking out concerts at least once, and it's a real nice cap off to the day.

MephistoN7 on
    erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    LejicLejic Registered User regular
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    Lejic wrote: »

I hadn't done the concerts since the early years, but last year committed to the VGO concert of music from Final Fantasy XIV. At the last minute, it was changed to the soundtrack from FFXV with the composer and artists who scored the game. Amazing experience. Definitely worth checking out concerts at least once, and it's a real nice cap off to the day.

Oh wow that does sound amazing!

• Options
    Gladiator01Gladiator01 Registered User new member
    Anyone know if the Acer party was announced? Can't find anything on it still

• Options

Yeah, there is definitely a lack of pre-schedule information this year.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular

Yeah, there is definitely a lack of pre-schedule information this year.

still feels a bit early. Once march hits, I think you will get plenty.

• Options
    CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I haven't heard about either of the two panels I submitted yet, so I assume they're still going through the submissions. I expect to hear something in the next week or two.

e2TtnRd.png
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My panel was approved last week, and they mentioned wanting to get things finalized for the printers by today. So if you haven't heard by now, I'd say that it's increasingly unlikely that they will approve you, but you never know! I'm sure they approve panels up to the last possible moment.

ilta on
  • Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    Submitted three panels, but only one accepted. I’m going to assume they may send out a second round this week to fill any rejected panel holes.

• Options
    CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    ilta wrote: »
    My panel was approved last week, and they mentioned wanting to get things finalized for the printers by today. So if you haven't heard by now, I'd say that it's increasingly unlikely that they will approve you, but you never know! I'm sure they approve panels up to the last possible moment.

Ha, it got lost in my email. Looks like I'll be speaking again this year!

e2TtnRd.png
  • Options
    Chris B.Chris B. Registered User regular
    With the release of the schedule I'm even more hype!!! :):):)

Chris B.
    YT Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCy0ysTqAt4AzNdxNQ2oXsg
    christovonhool@gmail.com