As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Plays [Gloomhaven]!: Gloomhaven Gaiden Alpha Ulta

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    How's tomorrow looking for people?

@Sir Carcass @KoopahTroopah @Ianator @Auralynx @RickRude

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I should be available.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Looking probable.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Ok to tag in.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Didnt even realize I was still being @'d in this thread. Hope the games are good. I figured there was little chance of playing and dropped it from my mind.

Tried playing it my gf, she didn't like it I could tell. Tried some solo but it lost the magic it had after playing with a group.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm in for tonight! What time?

• Options
    I'm in for tonight! What time?

2030ish / 2045ish Eastern start!

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Adventure #1, The Assault of the Black Barrow (Success!)
    (26 Dec 2018)

Our Heroes: Balrox, Ianna, Koopah, Orchid

Having just completed knocking over a minor bandit gang, the Nice Guild was making a [minor] name for themselves. While celebrating their win in the local tavern, they were approached by the Valrath merchant Jekserah and her way-too-huge bodyguards and offered a job beating up a slightly tougher gang for a commensurately larger fee. Having nothing better to do, the Guild quickly agreed.

During their "Getting ready for adventure!" montage, they accepted a mysterious coin in payment for some of their "legitimately-acquired" loot, believing that it might be worth more than immediately appeared. Unfortunately, hours and hours of research into the coin's provenance proved useless, and it looked like the Guild had been bamboozled. That evening, in the tavern, they considered how to extract proper payment from the Savvas merchant who had foisted it on them - the no-good, dirty, crystal-chested bastard probably had a bag of 'em stashed under his stall for likely marks. Just then, though, an Aesther approached, and offered to tell the party the "real tale" of the coin's origin ... a secretive temple, deep in the Dagger Forest. Marking this "Temple of the Eclipse" on their maps, the Guild put their plans for vengeance (temporarily?) on hold ...

... to better focus on bringing pain to the bandits who had stolen Jekserah's "important" "documents." On their way to the cave in the barrowhills which the bandits reportedly used as a base, the Guild came across a man apparently seeing to nature's needs off to the side of the road. Although sorely tempted by the prospect of the no-doubt countless loot in the backpack he'd undefended left along the trail, Koopah brought the man some soft leaves so that he could, uh, yeah. Whew. Maybe he should eat less cheese or something? I mean, damn.

Upon arrival at the Black Barrow, Our Heroes engaged several bandits, handily dispatching them, wreaking great havoc, and slamming several enemies into their own traps. Until ... SUDDENLY! ... undead appeared, bolstering the enemies' forces. Undaunted, Our Heroes fought bravely on ripping the skeletons apart and slaughtering the bandits until, suddenly, all was quiet. But Jekserah's "important" "documents" were nowhere to be found - merely a map to a place called the "Well of the Unfortunate" and an indication that, further into the barrows, the bandit lord had his lair ...
    k2g2h122vxe5.jpgwhlaphsqa9uj.jpg

1fn9nf6p7eo7.jpgt6s7n90qcvfy.jpg

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I may be getting home just a bit late tonight, hopefully not more than half an hour. See you guys then!

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    @Ianator @Sir Carcass @KoopahTroopah

Everyone available to try again this week?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I should be.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah I think I'll be snowed in for the day, lol. I'll be good to go.

• Options
    Signs point to yes.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Okay - game's up for people to start hopping on!

• Options
    @KoopahTroopah

You joining us? :D

• Options
    Oh oops. Lol no I can't make it. Thanks anyway for the mention!

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    @Ianator @Sir Carcass @KoopahTroopah

Everyone available to try again this week?

How’s tomorrow looking for folks?

• Options
    Es Muy Possible. I might be going to a dinner tomorrow night at 6:30, if so I won't be back til like 9ish which might be too late to start. If not, then yeah I'm totally in for regular start time.

• Options
    Again, looking quite probable.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    It's not looking good for me this week, but I'll have to see how it goes. I've got a lot going on right now.

• Options
    I am hurr. I'll be on Steam & Discord when you guys are ready.

• Options
    Yeah, tonight isn't going to work for me. Sorry, guys.

• Options
    Unfortunate. That said, I do have a rising list of things I should get done tonight.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry, @Sir Carcass .

@Ianator and @KoopahTroopah , do you guys want to pause the current adventure and maybe run the 2nd one again, trying for more treasure this time?

• Options
    I'm down for whatever, just in the middle of a heroes game right now.

• Options
    Oops - dear Elvenshae, refresh the thread before posting.

Okay - I'll hop on and figure out how to set up the second adventure. :D

• Options
    Yeah, sorry, @Sir Carcass .

@Ianator and @KoopahTroopah , do you guys want to pause the current adventure and maybe run the 2nd one again, trying for more treasure this time?

I have no objections.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Are you joining us, @Ianator ?

• Options
    Like I predicted at the beginning of all of this when I got shunned out, a second group never happened. If there's any interest in a second group, don't forget about me like ya'll did the first time.

Na, I'm not still sour I started the idea of this whole thing and setting up a group and didn't get in it. Not sour at all.

• Options
    @RickRude you can take my spot tomorrow dude, I probably won't be able to make it this week. We've been rotating in and out members when people can't make it and replaying missions if we're short, that's probably why there hasn't been a second group. Maybe you were just feeling bad again at the moment when you posted which I understand. On the other hand, in a game that's cooperative and well, played with other human beings, I don't think that's a good attitude to have about it at all. We've already apologized and made it possible for you to slot in on a couple different occasions and you've declined, Elvenshae also included you in a few mentions when we were starting to organize for the next missions.

So, again, sorry that we made a new group without you, but at the same time, you can slot in whenever you want. Just gotta post here when we @ you... Being passive aggressive about it doesn't help anyone really.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, the last time I @'d you, it didn't seem like you wanted to play any more, so I didn't the next time I was getting a mission together.

ED: Also, there were 7+ people who indicated interest in playing; you could easily ping a couple of them who aren't playing in the first group so far. You can grab their names from the signup poll in the OP.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Yeah, I even said you could have my spot from the beginning, but you never responded.

I also won't be able to make it this week either due to illness (yes, actually so bad I can't sit at a computer for a couple of hours), so there's another opening.

• Options
    Sorry had a bit of an emotional issue the other night, was looking at a different thread here, saw this one while I was having a bad night, and raged out. I don't see @'s as I created a thread and have a million notifications every day. Stopped even looking at them lol.

As for filling in, from the little I got to play it, it seemed you really should roll with the same group. I didn't think it was jump in easy at least when I played it.

• Options
    I truly do apologize again. I have issues with depression and had a lot going on, and I've had some failings trying this game before. It wasn't right for me to rage, and you guys have @'d me I just haven't paid attention. Agaon, I apologize

• Options
    Hey man, no worries. Slotting in is really easy with Tabletop simulator, it's honestly not hard at all. You should give it a shot at least and see how it works.

Also, regarding the forums, you can unsub from your own threads if you don't want to get notifications anymore. It's just easier for us to notify you via @ instead of messages.

• Options
    Actually, @RickRude, we've swapped out people a couple of times. It's worked out really well - super easy, because the game basically makes it a single button to pack up or set up a character. Playing on TTS also makes it pretty easy to run two versions of the same class, since you just create a new copy (though we'll need to be careful should we ever get to enhancing abilities, but that's a problem for future Elvenshae).

Speaking of which, looks like we'll have some availability tonight for a couple others to slot in, since @KoopahTroopah and @Sir Carcass (get better soon, mate!) can't make it. Want to play this evening? @Auralynx, you want in, too? @Ianator, will you be available?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Actually, RickRude, we've swapped out people a couple of times. It's worked out really well - super easy, because the game basically makes it a single button to pack up or set up a character. Playing on TTS also makes it pretty easy to run two versions of the same class, since you just create a new copy (though we'll need to be careful should we ever get to enhancing abilities, but that's a problem for future Elvenshae).

Speaking of which, looks like we'll have some availability tonight for a couple others to slot in, since KoopahTroopah and "Sir Carcass" (get better soon, mate!) can't make it. Want to play this evening? Auralynx, you want in, too? Ianator, will you be available?

Sure. It'd help me if we started a little bit earlier (like 2100?) - even if it was just accumulating at that time - but I should be free.

On the subject of jump-ins, we've had one consistent one in my real-world group who pops in off and on when we're shorthanded and he's around. It can work, but he's certainly not as kitted-out or enthusiastic as the rest of us.

E: Dangit, I thought I got all the at-signs. Sorry, Rick! And my sympathies re: the other thing.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    @Auralynx

The usual plan is to start gathering somewhere between 2030 and 2045ish, Eastern. Actual start time tends to float based on when people are able to log in.

• Options
    Auralynx

The usual plan is to start gathering somewhere between 2030 and 2045ish, Eastern. Actual start time tends to float based on when people are able to log in.

Had it in my head you guys were rolling around 2130 for some reason. That'll work!

kshu0oba7xnr.png