As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Whatever happened to the [TV] Thread?

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Shorty wrote: »
    when I worked at Gamestop I occasionally got kids trying to prank call me

the thing is though, kids are fuckin' stupid and have no chill, so their only joke was to call and ask for a game they were certain didn't exist, but which actually did:

"uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh can you tell me *stifled laughter* if uhhh you have Halo 4"

"no, that's not out until November."

"uhhhhhhhhh um how about uhhh Halo 5"

"no, they haven't announced it yet."

"uhhh...yeah. right. okay, bye."

I loved getting prank calls at gamestop because literally no one in the world could out deadpan me at the time

Plus everyone at my store hated their jobs and there were rarely any customers in the store, so we would always match the vulgarity of the call and then one up it. It wasn't uncommon to hear something like "oh yeah? And how big exactly is your dick?" and just nod at the coworker on the phone

can anyone out deadpan you now?

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    can anyone out deadpan mr. garlic bread at any point in his entire life?

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    A lady once asked me if Wii balls were out yet.
    She refused to believe they were an April fools joke in a magazine and that her teen son was a fuckhead.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I mean....that should be one of the easiest things in the world to believe.

Source: was a teenage son.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Just for Laughs Gags gang basically perfected the harmless prank for the most part. (Rare backfires seem to all be from the best in humanity like someone diving in a pond to randomly save a strangers fake phone that wasn't even part of the prank)

Not letting me find any on phone atm to post some clips

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I would like to know what happened with this:

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah...I wish I could say I was surprised but they always pick the most insane personalities to be on those shows so...

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Wait does she keep the bit going?!

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Fuck that's like exactly how they get you cause I'm immediately down to watch this chick just become Australian to win this god awful tv show.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    The only Crank Yankers I really laughed at was Bobcat Goldthwaite calling to sign into a talent agency as an impressionist.

He tells the guy he can impersonate Bobcat Goldthwaite and does this over the top impersonation of himself all "Blaraaarghh I'm Bobcat Goldthwaite, I was in Police Academy!"

The talent agency isn't impressed and asks if he can do anyone else like Christopher Walken.

Bobcat goes "Yeah sure. Blaraaarghh I'm Christopher Walken!" in the exact same voice and I just lose it every time.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    Sleep wrote: »
    Fuck that's like exactly how they get you cause I'm immediately down to watch this chick just become Australian to win this god awful tv show.

I feel like the temptation to just fuck with him and say crazy shit about Australia would be way to high.

Yeah we got chuzzwozzers and gringets. Bloody horrible things, suck you dry they will.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

I feel like the temptation to just fuck with him and say crazy shit about Australia would be way to high.

Yeah we got chuzzwozzers and gringets. Bloody horrible things, suck you dry they will.

Sir that is extremely racist

Actually my sister was killed by a chuzzwozzer, please don't joke about that.

Gringets though, that's a good one. Wouldn't hurt a blue ringed bandicoot.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Blue ringed bandicoots are a dangerous pest though, so they could use a cull.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Gotta watch out for booger dogs out here in the Ozarks

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Tube wrote: »

Apparently she dropped it almost immediately

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m extremely disappointed.

Gosh, what a waste

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    If you guys want I can post in an Australian accent.

G'day mates

Drop bears

Crikey

Uncanny

Ok, now say

reg grundies

Also, what is the one correct filling for a pie, and how much dead horse should you apply to it?

Maccas

....partial credit.

True story, I lived in Melbourne for a year. :D

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Bob's Burgers was renewed, so it will survive the Disney-Fox merger. So was Simpsons and Family Guy, but you take the good with the bad

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

How good was the accent when she was doing it, though

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I'm finishing season 6 of the game of thrones
    Man this show is just one big trade off of whose holding the idiot ball at any given time isnt it

Coinage wrote: »
    Bob's Burgers was renewed, so it will survive the Disney-Fox merger. So was Simpsons and Family Guy, but you take the good with the bad

These were renewed pre merger. I suspect Bobs would live either way but I doubt Disney will keep any of these on fox next time theyre up for renewal. Simpsons in particular

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    hey now

whoa now

prank calls are the pinnacle of comedy
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Ok, now say

reg grundies

Good ol Reg

Me Da an him wez mates, Saturday nights they’d get knackered down by the billabong

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

How good was the accent when she was doing it, though

You did watch the clip didn't you

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    True story, I lived in Melbourne for a year. :D

Bet you met some right nice Jennies eh? Hung a Eucy with some drop bears if you catch my meaning?

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

the thing is though, kids are fuckin' stupid and have no chill, so their only joke was to call and ask for a game they were certain didn't exist, but which actually did:

I loved getting prank calls at gamestop because literally no one in the world could out deadpan me at the time

Plus everyone at my store hated their jobs and there were rarely any customers in the store, so we would always match the vulgarity of the call and then one up it. It wasn't uncommon to hear something like "oh yeah? And how big exactly is your dick?" and just nod at the coworker on the phone

You're right. I should play Captain Holt and Kevin's somehow son on B99

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Gosh, what a waste

That's The Bachelor in a nutshell

cdci44qazyo3.gif

You can't play Cheddar!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

You can't play Cheddar!

Drug trip/fever dream/musical episode where Cheddar talks (and also looks like Garlic Bread wearing dog ears)

It's like you have no imagination

Straightzi wrote: »

You can't play Cheddar!

Drug trip/fever dream/musical episode where Cheddar talks (and also looks like Garlic Bread wearing dog ears)

Like my Uncles Kevin and Raymond I proudly leave imagination to the professionals

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

You can't play Cheddar!

Like my Uncles Kevin and Raymond I proudly leave imagination to the professionals

Nick Cannon, is that you?!

You can't play Cheddar!

Nick Cannon, is that you?!

Gotta stop this bit right here becauae I am way to white to play along

This discussion has been closed.