As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bad News Gone Right]: 2019 - We Are All Filthy Animals, Apparently

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Wow that gave me a panic attack.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    gonna blow chunks

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The funny thing about keyboards is I don't really give a shit about mine. I'm sure mine is filthy, but it's mine. Like I freely eat in front of my computer, but I'd kill anybody else who did it.

That said, I do have some fuckin' standards too. I wipe it down if it gets too dusty, or if some crud accumulates on the keys. And I'd certainly never let it get as bad as that.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure that fox clip is editing out some key context.

But the sad thing is, even if it isn't true, it would be totally believable for Fox and Friends to hold that view.

Which is sad.

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    That image make's me ill.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    There is jizz all over this post

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    There is jizz all over this post

And that's why the title got changed. As for other animals, from Texas we have the craziest "gotta lay off the weed" story ever:
    A Texas man who entered an abandoned home to smoke marijuana on Monday found a tiger in the garage, authorities said.

The man, who was not identified, initially believed he was hallucinating when he found the female tiger in a “rinky-dink” cage, police said, according to the NBC affiliate KPRC.

The garage, in a home southeast of central Houston, was secured only with a screwdriver and a nylon strap, the station reported.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Put that keyboard image in a goddamned spoiler, please. That is the grossest thing I've seen here.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Someone went through serious effort to stage that photo and I don't know whether to applaud them or call for their head

Madican wrote: »
    Someone went through serious effort to stage that photo and I don't know whether to applaud them or call for their head

Por que no los dos?

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »

Nailed it.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

Nailed it.

Damnit

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Nailed it.
    It's as if they groomed it specifically to make people sick. Clipping the photo at just the right section.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    This is why I burn my eyeballs before reading the forum

The TSA has released their top 10 weirdest items confiscated in 2018:

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Doesn't the very nature of sex mean that trying to avoid exposure to other peoples' disgusting bodily secretions is already a lost cause?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

So where's the gone right? The TSA is still trying to make people think they're relevant... and...?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I suspect what he meant to say was "I don't wash my hands when I go pee" then just kind of went with it.

That's not better.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

Those don't seem all that weird. I mean, weird to think it's okay to bring, sure, but not weird to confiscate, they were all weapons of one sort or another.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    The "bad news gone right" is probably "TSA tried to make a meme video complete with airhorn.wav, but instead of being a tragedy it was only boring"

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    The "bad news gone right" is probably "TSA tried to make a meme video complete with airhorn.wav, but instead of being a tragedy it was only boring"

... and also the interesting collection of weapons people tried to bring through security. Like, a Freddy Kreuger glove ... seriously?

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I suspect what he meant to say was "I don't wash my hands when I go pee" then just kind of went with it.

That's not better.

Do you wash your hands when you touch your arm or neck or something? Skin is just skin regardless if it's your dick skin or arm skin.

It's not exactly bad unless you're pissing all over your hand or I guess if you live in a swampy climate it'd be like rubbing your hand along your armpits though.

It's much less bad than never washing your hands ever, like after you take a shit and whoops you got some poo on your finger.

E: shit you don't even need to touch your penis to go pee

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    E: shit you don't even need to touch your penis to go pee
    Ain't prehensile body parts grand?

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Elvenshae wrote: »

... and also the interesting collection of weapons people tried to bring through security. Like, a Freddy Kreuger glove ... seriously?

I don't know how, but somehow "Formal Grenades" are going to work their way into an upcoming TTRPG session.

see317 on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

The weird quad switchblade was way more weird.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    see317 wrote: »

I don't know how, but somehow "Formal Grenades" are going to work their way into an upcoming TTRPG session.

Can't bring a casual grenade to a black tie event, what a faux pas.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

Can't bring a casual grenade to a black tie event, what a faux pas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gUznC7Kdt8

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I feel bad for those giant scissors.

Probably just Commander Taggart going to another mall opening.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Ranlin wrote: »

Those don't seem all that weird. I mean, weird to think it's okay to bring, sure, but not weird to confiscate, they were all weapons of one sort or another.

That's what they mean by weird. "Here's the weirdest things people tried to bring in their carry-on".

Kinda lame overall honestly. The stuff doctors find in people's butts is way more interesting.

shryke on
    Denied his personalized license plate, one Canadian has come up with his own backdoor solution:
    When Assman (pronounced "Oss-men") applied for a personalized licence plate, his request was denied. SGI called the name an "unacceptable slogan."

The Melville, Sask., man has now immortalized his last name on the back of his truck with a large decal that looks like a licence plate.

assmanpose.jpeg

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Denied his personalized license plate, one Canadian has come up with his own backdoor solution:
    When Assman (pronounced "Oss-men") applied for a personalized licence plate, his request was denied. SGI called the name an "unacceptable slogan."

The Melville, Sask., man has now immortalized his last name on the back of his truck with a large decal that looks like a licence plate.

assmanpose.jpeg
    Looks like their plan backfired. Butt you can't blame the man. He just found a way to attack the problem from the rear flank.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

assmanpose.jpeg
    Looks like their plan backfired. Butt you can't blame the man. He just found a way to attack the problem from the rear flank.

he chose to turn the other cheek.

steam_sig.png
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Just let the guy have have his license plate.
    Why the fuck are we moralizing license plates in 2019. Who are we protecting?

Aridhol on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »

Generally governments don't like these kinds of plates because they don't want to be seen as endorsing the joke/message.

steam_sig.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Government should stop people from getting offensive license plates. In this case he is basically getting an old Seinfeld joke.

steam_sig.png
    WHY should government stop this?
    I understand what they say the reason is.

This is some old ass thinking.

The government allows him to put it on his driver's license so what's the big deal?

Foefaller wrote: »

Generally governments don't like these kinds of plates because they don't want to be seen as endorsing the joke/message.

By who?
    I don't think anyone seriously gives a shit.

I demand a referendum on joke license plates :)

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    WHY should government stop this?
    I understand what they say the reason is.

This is some old ass thinking.

The government allows him to put it on his driver's license so what's the big deal?

Honestly they probably rejected it without realizing it was his name, and then bureaucracy made it hard to "appeal" or whatnot

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

By who?
    I don't think anyone seriously gives a shit.

I demand a referendum on joke license plates :)

Blocking everything that's even mildly offensive helps the government keep their ability to block the very offensive stuff without constant lawsuits over where the line is drawn.

They let this guy go though then some goose is gonna legally change his name to "Bob WhitePwr" and demand he gets a licence plate too.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I would imagine there's also an 'opening the floodgates' aspect to it as well. They let one go, it encourages people to try harder to get other things through, with the likely end result of something truly offensive being approved.

However, it being his ACTUAL NAME, it shouldn't have been an issue. There was a hobby store (possibly a chain) in southern CT for some time, Eric Fuchs' Hobbies. It's pronounced exactly as you're thinking it is. If it's good enough to sign on your tax return, it should be good enough for a license plate.