As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Early Access is live. Please mark spoilers. God speed, Freelancers.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I figure if I burn through 10 hours that fast then the game is good enough to sub to Premier for a month to keep playing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Yeah I think I just want to wait till the 22nd. I'd hate to start playing and get into the story only to get cut off for another week.

Oh I'm 100% trying it. I will NOT buy a game without trying it first if I've the option, and yes I liked the beta, but. It's only sensible.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Thankfully I have a week-long project launching at work next week so using up this weekend makes sense.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I subbed to premier for full access. I took Friday and Monday off.

My body is ready for an Anthem bender tomorrow.
    maxresdefault.jpg

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    Luckily I have Monday off anyway, and I only have a half day Friday cause of an already scheduled appointment. Also I just subbed to Origin Premier. Hopefully my pc can handle some not maxed out PC Anthem!

wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I may have taken the week of the 25th to the 1st off. Starting tomorrow I just need to pretend this thread doesn't exist for a week. I can be stronk!

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I couldn't do the 10 year play time, that'd be almost torture. I already like the game quite a bit and only got to play a small while. If I got 10 hours and then had to wait again,it'd be like giving me back my cake, but just for one bite and that is MEAN.

luckily, I'm rested up, finally recovering from my illness (seriously, there was... let's call it mucus... draining out of every part of my eyes it could drain from, and I was deathly tired. Now, it's lifting and I shall spend the day flying.

also, it occurs to me that I'm friends with a lot of people on here with Origin PC but not so many yet that have it listed as a game of theirs. I'm Duchess_Archer on PC if anyone wants to add me.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    To those of you who get to play this weekend... I hate all of you. :P

• Options
    Ear3nd1l wrote: »

No real negativity to anyone, but yeah, I wish i could awesome and agree to the above at the same time lol. I'm on console and not even going to bother with the 10 hour thing, it just wouldn't be enough.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I wasn't going to get the premier access, but $15 is a lot easier to eat than $60 if it ends up not being a good game (which I doubt, but who knows).

It also gives 10% off the full game, so if I buy it, I'll have pretty much paid $9 to try it and play it for a week early - $1.25ish per day rental is cool.

AND it means I finally get to play Darksiders III, which I've been itching to play but waiting for a price drop.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I paid nothing for Anthem so if I hate it I'm not really out anything.

• Options
    Papagander wrote: »

No real negativity to anyone, but yeah, I wish i could awesome and agree to the above at the same time lol. I'm on console and not even going to bother with the 10 hour thing, it just wouldn't be enough.

While my PC is fantastic for developing software, I don't have a GPU so I can only play on PS4. My weekend is jam-packed anyway, so it wouldn't even matter.

I still hate all of you. lol

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Pre-load is up on Origin! For those of us who are paying for access on the 15th, at least. 51gb.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    And this is a fresh download separate from the other 60gb downloaded for the demo?

Guess they love bandwidth usage...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    And this is a fresh download separate from the other 60gb downloaded for the demo?

yeah, they said a week ago to just go ahead and delete the demo install

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    One is the full price release, the other one is via Origin Wotsitcalled. I am confuse.

lm433m397mmi.png

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

The demo was based on an old build so it's not too surprising they can't just patch it to the release version

• Options
    Any ideas on what the install size is going to be on the PS4? I may have to clean out the fridge a bit.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    If Apex does end up eating into Anthem's sales/cutting off its legs, thats a real smooth move by EA releasing it just weeks before Anthem.

Haha, you underestimate EA. They released Apex before BF5 could get their battle royale mode out the door.

A free battle royale against a struggling AAA title that was counting on its Battle Royale for incremental sales.

They will do literally anything to maximize quarterly sales numbers even if it means shooting their own foot off see also starwars battlefront 2.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Yeah I think I just want to wait till the 22nd. I'd hate to start playing and get into the story only to get cut off for another week.

I keep getting tempted but this is the way I am going. I figure it also gives them another week to sort their shit out before official launch and that's not a bad thing.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Any ideas on what the install size is going to be on the PS4? I may have to clean out the fridge a bit.

Idk for sure about PS4, but my preorder let me download the Anthem game client already and it was about 36g iirc (Xbox).

Papagander on
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

I paid $350 for it, so it better be good!

To be fair, I did get a free video card with it, though.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

One sec forwarding your post to Yong yeah so he can do a 20 minute video on how one gamer paid 350 dollars for anthem and fears the game will fail.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Preacher wrote: »

One sec forwarding your post to Yong yeah so he can do a 20 minute video on how one gamer paid 350 dollars for anthem and fears the game will fail.

You mean, "$$$ 350 DOLLARS $$$ FOR ANTHEM!?" yes, yes? I see it beside the one about Mothman and the sharpest plastic knife to cut a grape.

Youtube preview images are getting better and better these days. I can tell I don't want to click without even reading the title.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

I don't know who that is

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I don't know who that is

Click baiter who regularly over dramitizes things and takes five minutes of news and makes it a thirty minute video. Like Heel vs babyface, or downward thrust or or or...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

I don't know who that is

Click baiter who regularly over dramitizes things and takes five minutes of news and makes it a thirty minute video. Like Heel vs babyface, or downward thrust or or or...

So your average Youtuber then...

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

I don't know who that is

a thirty five minute video that is boring at that.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Hello fellow RTX2060 user!

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

Three of us!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

Three of us!

4, and finnith makes 5

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

Four of us!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The 2060 seems like a great card so far. It was a very nice upgrade from my 970, which was starting to struggle at 1080. It's nice to be able to play everything (not you, Assassin's Creed Odyssey) at 1440p Ultra.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options

I'm still here with my 2-year old GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5... so far doing OK... I think?

I really don't know much about optimization but playing the demo on highest settings seemed to run smooth.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Preloading. Won't be able to play it til I am back on the 5th. Jealous.

• Options
    The 2060 seems like a great card so far. It was a very nice upgrade from my 970, which was starting to struggle at 1080. It's nice to be able to play everything (not you, Assassin's Creed Odyssey) at 1440p Ultra.

I also made the jump from 970 to 2060, and 1080p to 1440p.

Its a great card but the nVidia drivers are kinda shit past 417.71

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Echo wrote: »
    One is the full price release, the other one is via Origin Wotsitcalled. I am confuse.

lm433m397mmi.png

OK, installed one and both show up as preloaded now.

• Options

Three of us!
    SeGaTai wrote: »

4, and finnith makes 5

giphy.gif

• Options

I also made the jump from 970 to 2060, and 1080p to 1440p.

Its a great card but the nVidia drivers are kinda shit past 417.71

Really? How so?

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    As a reminder, if you need another hit of Anthem gameplay, there's a stream going up in an li'l more than an hour (3:30 Central). It's about updates coming to Anthem, but I'm not sure if it's about updates between the demo and release, or future updates after release. They'll be playing Colossus, presumably to show off changes to the big boy's tankiness as well as other stuff.

This discussion has been closed.