As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 5: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    L1z1x's votes are still available for 2 TG, for what it's worth. (Which in this case might not be enough worth, but... eh. Just carrying out my duties as custodian.)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

@Lykouragh @A Half Eaten Oreo
    If you want to throw an action card.

Otherwise lets proceed to "voting"

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I, uh, would really like to play an action card, but I'm not going to.

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    No action card.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I think we're safe for @Lykouragh to kick off voting then.

• Options
    Vote 3 for the Sardakk N'orr, in the hope that they learn the "friendship" tech

• Options
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    9 for The Sardakk N'orr in the hopes that Letnev and Muaat have mercy on poor dumb Norr who don't have two test tubes to clank together. Also share the science wealth.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
  • Options
    So, @El Skid let's talk now. I'd be willing to give you my Support for the Throne for you to ensure this goes my way. Would be willing to sell my votes for similar value.

• Options
    I should note though that I don't know that I want someone else's Support. I don't want to jump to an unsustainable early VP lead and paint a big target on the Barony.

• Options
    You already have a lead, and the option to get one passive victory point per turn.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    You already have a lead, and the option to get one passive victory point per turn.

I don't intend to hold MR for long, and right now the VP difference between first and last is negligible.

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    @Phyphor / @MrBlarney not voting?
    I'm ok with out backwards friends learning some stuff, but assuming @Ketar votes for himself it'll be up to @El Skid
    8 votes for the Sardakk N'orr

• Options
    I am actually curious how the L1Z1X vote. Though I guess it doesn't matter too much since I think the only AC that could be used gives 5 votes...

@ketar If you don't want my support for the throne what do you consider equal value, out of curiosity? The effect of this law is to save me 6 resources next turn (assuming no shenanigans), so we were considering giving you the 2 TGs we have on hand in payment once the vote carries...

• Options
    It would save you 6TG this turn, and then 4TG each additional turn that you play the Tech secondary. I look at this and expect for most people it would save them 16-18 TG over the course of the game. Less for someone who wants less Tech, but people don't usually want less Tech.

I'd be willing to vote your way for 2TG and your ceasefire. For just a few TG I'd just as soon it goes to the empire farthest from me rather than my immediate neighbors :)

@El Skid

• Options
    What would you be willing to vote my way for?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh heck, I thought this was one of the one-time ones, I didn't realize it was forever!

Formally offer 2 TG and my ceasefire in exchange for the Letnev's vote, payable upon the vote resolving in our favour

• Options
    What would you be willing to vote my way for?

I can't really think of much other than a pile of TG. I don't expect your ceasefire to be that useful given how far apart we are, I still think Supports would make me a target, and I don't really dig the N'orr racial promissory.

• Options
    El Skid wrote: »
    Oh heck, I thought this was one of the one-time ones, I didn't realize it was forever!

Formally offer 2 TG and my ceasefire in exchange for the Letnev's vote, payable upon the vote resolving in our favour

Heh, I wouldn't be offering up my Support for 4 TG/R value.

• Options
    Would 5 TG be a sufficient pile??

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Hrm. Give me 5-10 minutes to think about all this.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »

Honestly I expected you were trying to make sure I wouldn't knock you off MR next turn...

• Options

Honestly I expected you were trying to make sure I wouldn't knock you off MR next turn...

I mean, that's not a bad side effect. I don't think I want MR for more than this round though. If I can get Imperial and get my one point this round I'll move out of there and let everyone else duke it out.

• Options
    edited February 2019

Accept and cast 14 votes for Muaat.

Ketar on
  • Options
    With 20 votes on N'orr and no card-plays, I think L1z1x officially has no voting power with their three votes. So, for the record, L1z1x will ABSTAIN.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options

I mean, that's not a bad side effect. I don't think I want MR for more than this round though. If I can get Imperial and get my one point this round I'll move out of there and let everyone else duke it out.

Fair enough. We have a framed picture of you all ready to hang on the "Friends- do not anihilate" board in our Death Star breakroom, so you know :)

• Options
    All our votes to the Muaat.

Assuming the motion passes, give 2 TG and our ceasefire to the Letnev.

• Options
    I continue to hate the agenda phase.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Temporary Death Star protection felt like it was worth more than 3TG, sorry :(

• Options

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    What good are Death Stars if not to inspire fear in the Galactic Senate, after all?

• Options

Yeah, he gave me 2TG as well, so it was only a 3TG difference. Even pushing for a couple of more beyond that didn't feel like enough.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I'd have given up to everything I have and my trade agreement.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Round 3: Start of Strategy Phase

First Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn: "Regulated Conscription".
    Creuss performs a transaction, giving 1 Commodity to Muaat. (Creuss C 2 --> 1; Muaat TG 2 --> 3)
    Creuss performs a transaction, giving 1 Commodity to N'orr. (Creuss C 1 --> 0; N'orr TG 5 --> 6)
    Letnev performs a transaction, giving 1 Trade Good to N'orr. (Letnev TG 4 --> 3; N'orr TG 6 --> 7)
    Vote results: 10 votes - FOR (Yssaril)
    The agenda is enacted, decreasing Fighter and Infantry production to 1 unit per resource spent.
    Second Agenda
    Muaat performs a transaction, giving 2 Trade Goods and their "Ceasefire" Promissory Note to Letnev. (Muaat TG 3 --> 1, Letnev TG 3 --> 5)
    Vote results: 24 votes - Muaat (Letnev, Muaat); 20 votes - N'orr (Yssaril, N'orr, Creuss)
    Muaat is elected, removing resource costs when playing the primary or secondary abilities of the Technology strategy card.

Current Map: Round 3: Start of Strategy Phase

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 2 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 1 VP
    The Yssaril Tribes - 1 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 1 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 0 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Expand Borders (1 VP): Control 6 planets in non-home systems. - Yssaril, Letnev
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources. - N'orr
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence.
    1 Stage I Objective and 5 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Embers of Muaat - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Yssaril Tribes - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP) - Held by L1z1x.
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP) - Claimed by Letnev.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire, Muaat's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Cruiser II

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Embers of Muaat (El Skid) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 1

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Yssaril's Spy Net (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Sarween Tools

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.

The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 7

Tactic Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Transparasteel Plating, Antimass Deflectors

Worlds:
    R - Retillion (2R, 3I)
    R - Shalloq (1R, 2I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Y'sia Y'ssrila: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 2, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship can move through systems that contain other players' ships.
    - Racial Technology: Transparasteel Plating (Green, requires 1 Green): During your turn of the Action Phase, players that have passed cannot play Action Cards.
    - Racial Technology: Mageon Implants (Green, requires 3 Green): Action: Exhaust this card to look at another player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand.
    - Stall Tactics: Action: Discard 1 card from your hand.
    - Scheming: When you draw 1 or more action cards, draw 1 additional action card. Then, choose and discard 1 action card from your hand.
    - Crafty: You an have any number of action cards in your hand. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Spy Net: At the start of your turn: Look at the Yssaril player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand. Then, return this card to the Yssaril player.

Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe)
    Commodities: 2 / 3
    Trade Goods: 7
    Action Cards: 3

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 1

Promissory Notes: N'orr's Support for the Throne (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems

Worlds:
    R - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hist produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Tehcnology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 3
    Action Cards: 6

Tactic Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Letnev's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Neutral Worlds and Overarching Game Effects
    Regulated Conscription: When a player produces units, they produce only 1 fighter or infantry for its cost instead of 2.
    Minister of Sciences: Held by Muaat. When Muaat resolves the primary or secondary ability of the "Technology" strategy card, they do not need to spend resources to research technology.

Order of Play
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid)
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh)
    Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe)
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor)
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)

There are 2 Trade Goods on each of the (4) Construction and (8) Imperial Strategy Cards; the player that selects one of these cards immediately claims the attached Trade Goods.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Technology

@Lykouragh

• Options
    Leadership

• Options
  • Options
    Trade

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀