As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Heatwave wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Heatwave wrote: »
    AssOdd
    More like AssEye.

That cyclops eye is probably gone for good isn't it?
    Do you mind a minor spoiler?
    Don't at all. Why? Was that eye the secret cure for the plague?
    No but it’s inside a random goat now on that island. There’s an achievement for finding it

AssOdd
    Holy shit the first goat I killed last night had the damn eye

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Steam added a button to disable the spellcheck in case you were too lazy to do it the hard way.
    2rqxg16zfm5f.png

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    Steam added a button to disable the spellcheck in case you were too lazy to do it the hard way.
    2rqxg16zfm5f.png

Clearly an effextive use of development time from Valve. Epic must ne shaking in fear.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I purged my wishlist HEAVILY recently...down to like 30 or something from over 100.
    But this week I've still gotten two notifications that games on my list had been released. I don't recall adding this one, but it looks charming as hell. Like Minecraft had a baby with Dragon's Quest.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/573110/AWAY_Journey_to_the_Unexpected/

In case that strikes a chord with anyone else. A dev is currently streaming it on the store page, too.

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    an_alt wrote: »
    Finished my first PC ME1 playthrough this weekend. Was going to start on ME2 today, but then I remembered the PC gaming problem and that I have to spend a few days picking mods and making sure they all play nicely together. There's also the bit where I decide I should try MShep (I won't) and something other than Vanguard (I won't). Any recommendations for mods other than the controller support mod?

1. The changes between ME1 Vanguard and ME2 Vanguard are perhaps the biggest improvement to anything in the entire series.
    2. The Mass Effect games on Steam have no cloud save backup. The Mass Effect games on Origin do. My SSD died at the very end of ME2. All my important documents were safe, but that save was lost forever. Make sure you've got it backed up somewhere for ME3!

Oh, I've played the games in the series on 360 at least twice. Normally I've very cautious in my playstyle, but the Vanguard "get out of trouble by getting into more trouble" button is one of my favourite things in gaming.

That is very good to know. Thanks for mentioning it.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hmm, an exploration game about painting landscapes called EastShade just came out. Seems like it could be cool. It's being billed as "A peaceful open-world exploration-adventure full of character", so that is def up the alley of some people who wanna explore a place but not murder anybody.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Finished my first PC ME1 playthrough this weekend. Was going to start on ME2 today, but then I remembered the PC gaming problem and that I have to spend a few days picking mods and making sure they all play nicely together. There's also the bit where I decide I should try MShep (I won't) and something other than Vanguard (I won't). Any recommendations for mods other than the controller support mod?

1. The changes between ME1 Vanguard and ME2 Vanguard are perhaps the biggest improvement to anything in the entire series.
    2. The Mass Effect games on Steam have no cloud save backup. The Mass Effect games on Origin do. My SSD died at the very end of ME2. All my important documents were safe, but that save was lost forever. Make sure you've got it backed up somewhere for ME3!

Oh, I've played the games in the series on 360 at least twice. Normally I've very cautious in my playstyle, but the Vanguard "get out of trouble by getting into more trouble" button is one of my favourite things in gaming.

Vanguard is awesome, no question; but also as a naturally cautious player (with a fondness for stealth where possible), I'm one of those heathens that prefers Infiltrator - which also was vastly improved from ME1 to ME2/3. Especially when I get my hands on the Widow and Black Widow sniper rifles.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Infiltrator and Vanguard are both favorites of mine.

edited February 2019
    Not sure if it'll show up on Steam, it certainly might either today or tomorrow, but Uplay is having a free weekend of Rainbow Six Siege. And it's with all the maps, modes and operators unlocked, so basically the Ultimate Edition. And although it starts tomorrow, they're allowing pre-loads for it now (which makes sense, it's a 74GB download because it apparently insists on installing the HD texture pack as well - Uplay doesn't let you pick and choose which DLC to install, unlike Steam, although Steam took its sweet time introducing that feature as well).

Jazz on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Vanguard is awesome, no question; but also as a naturally cautious player (with a fondness for stealth where possible), I'm one of those heathens that prefers Infiltrator - which also was vastly improved from ME1 to ME2/3. Especially when I get my hands on the Widow and Black Widow sniper rifles.

Reach out and touch someone. Far, far away.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Once you get to ME3 you gain access to the Valiant, the best gun in the universe.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Hmm, an exploration game about painting landscapes called EastShade just came out. Seems like it could be cool. It's being billed as "A peaceful open-world exploration-adventure full of character", so that is def up the alley of some people who wanna explore a place but not murder anybody.

Yeah, it looks like a good bery game

steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    qwqlwgw9ydco.png

Thanks @Ed Gruberman for Vermintide 2!!!

People aren't allowed to actually want games. What kind of monster are you?

steam_sig.png

Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest sonofabitch in space.

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    qwqlwgw9ydco.png

Thanks @Ed Gruberman for Vermintide 2!!!

Gifting Vermintide 2. Now that is TRUE love.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Yeah, it looks like a good bery game

She already has it wishlisted because it's TOTALLY a Bery game, so it felt redundant to tag her.

This was more for the rest of the thread.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I posted this in the MMO subforum thread for FF14, but if anyone want to get into Final Fantasy 14, I have the twitch prime key for a free copy of the baseline game that comes with a free month.
    I'm already on there so no use for it myself. If you setup this version though, then you have to keep it the outside of Steam versions. Steams copies and the general pc copies don't play nice together.
    I'm on the non-steam version myself anyway since Steam only made it a little bit limiting in terms of finding sales in the wild, although they go on sale on Steam as well.

Anyway, If you're curious about Final Fantasy 14 there's a free trial that you can play up to level 35 with a few restrictions. Beyond that then you can use this twitch key to unlock everything up through level 50 and all the content that comes before the first expansion Heavensward, which there is a lot of. But this twitch key I think would be for the outside of Steam ecosystem of FF14.
    Shoot me a pm if you're looking for the base game key.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

That looks absolutely amazing.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Normally I've very cautious in my playstyle, but the Vanguard "get out of trouble by getting into more trouble" button is one of my favourite things in gaming.
    I'm one of those heathens that prefers Infiltrator - which also was vastly improved from ME1 to ME2/3.
    Aistan wrote: »
    Once you get to ME3 you gain access to the Valiant, the best gun in the universe.

You guys are making it very difficult to continue putting off another replay of the trilogy and it's like I got other stuff to do in my life than play Mass Effect all the time.

Anyway, as for mods, I never used many but I remember ME2's loading screens were tied to the length of that animation (elevator moving in the Normandy or whatever) regardless of how quickly your computer actually loaded, so there's either a mod to shorten those animations or you could just like delete them and have a brief black screen, can't remember. Apparently there's a mod, though some of the comments suggest it crashes with DLC loads, though page 2 comments seem to have a fix. Big quality of life improvement, anyway.

Also, save editing to just give yourself a bunch of the stupid resources and whatever, because who needs tedious grinding when we already got day jobs.

And there's literally just like an .ini file you can edit with weapon parameters and some power parameters. Not recommended for a normal playthrough, but giving the Widow a 100-round mag + the fire rate of the Revenant and turning it into a machine gun that punches holes in gods was hilarious, even if it meant heavy mouse swinging when fighting wicked recoil.

s7Imn5J.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Normally I've very cautious in my playstyle, but the Vanguard "get out of trouble by getting into more trouble" button is one of my favourite things in gaming.
    I'm one of those heathens that prefers Infiltrator - which also was vastly improved from ME1 to ME2/3.

You guys are making it very difficult to continue putting off another replay of the trilogy and it's like I got other stuff to do in my life than play Mass Effect all the time.

Anyway, as for mods, I never used many but I remember ME2's loading screens were tied to the length of that animation (elevator moving in the Normandy or whatever) regardless of how quickly your computer actually loaded, so there's either a mod to shorten those animations or you could just like delete them and have a brief black screen, can't remember. Apparently there's a mod, though some of the comments suggest it crashes with DLC loads, though page 2 comments seem to have a fix. Big quality of life improvement, anyway.

Also, save editing to just give yourself a bunch of the stupid resources and whatever, because who needs tedious grinding when we already got day jobs.

And there's literally just like an .ini file you can edit with weapon parameters and some power parameters. Not recommended for a normal playthrough, but giving the Widow a 100-round mag + the fire rate of the Revenant and turning it into a machine gun that punches holes in gods was hilarious, even if it meant heavy mouse swinging when fighting wicked recoil.

You also had to ini edit to get the controls to actually work like a proper PC game instead of a console "one button does everything" abomination

steam_sig.png
  • CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    For the Stardew Valley, Graveyard Keeper & My Time at Portia people, check out Fantasy Farming: Orange Season. It even have a free playable Demo on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMi8YHe7M9c

76561197967491341.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Does the free trial for FFXIV have a time limit?

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Level limit. It's up to 35, I believe.

M A G I K A Z A M
    Fuckin' A, people. Could y'all stop talking about Mass Effect? I don't have TIME for another playthrough right now...

... I have Conan Exiles to play.

Y'all are killing me.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Fuckin' A, people. Could y'all stop talking about Mass Effect? I don't have TIME for another playthrough right now...

... I have Conan Exiles to play.

Y'all are killing me.

Would it help if we talked about Mass Effect: Andromeda instead?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    Eastshade seems neat. Character creation yes/no?

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »

You can play as long as you want, level up every single job to 35.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    heenato wrote: »

Neato, sadly my Steam copy of FFXIV is already registered with my current email and unlike WoW you can't just add a free trial account.

Plus I'm too lazy to make another email because I don't like keeping track of things.

Oh well!

Edit: Whoops where did this new email come from.

Karoz on

Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest sonofabitch in space.

Just reading the description that the Widow was an anti-materiel rifle. And that I'm using it to shoot mans. Always, always made me giddy all over. I don't need a head shot when you're now missing 90% of your chest.

Also that humans can't use the Widow because the recoil will shatter their arm. Luckily it was introduced in ME2 and not 1.

Spoit wrote: »

You also had to ini edit to get the controls to actually work like a proper PC game instead of a console "one button does everything" abomination

Not a problem if you use the controller mod. But yeah, if you want to play KBAM I could see that being a useful tweak.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Elder Scrolls Artist-NPC Simulator 2019 (its called Eastshade))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqckD7PzNvw

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Now that the (entirely justified) outrage is dying down a bit, I wanted to go back and signal boost this:
    Brolo wrote: »
    Arcade Spirits, a romantic visual novel, follows an alternate timeline set in the year 20XX where the 1983 video game crash never occurred. After a turbulent work history, you are granted employment at the Funplex, a popular arcade, home to a host of unique personalities and customers. Where will this new-found employment take you? Who will you meet along the way? Will you find the romance you're seeking?

Design your own character from the ground up - pronoun, hairstyle, skin tone, hair color, eye color and more are completely customizable and are reflected throughout the game in both gameplay and artwork!

With roleplaying-based choices, you will be able to grow your personality and relationships in any way you desire; Friendship, Platonic or something more intimate! Work hard and build the relationship you desire with a total of seven romanceable characters!

The Identity Identifier System, or IRIS, can track your relationship statuses with all characters throughout Arcade Spirits as well as your personality traits, from Quirky, Steady, and Kindly, to Gutsy and Basically.

Everything you choose in Arcade Spirits, from your relationships to your personality, your crisis management moments, and a myriad other decision will have an effect on the future of your arcade!
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/910630/Arcade_Spirits/
    Feb 12 - Arcade Spirits

The lead dev is a friend of mine, and I can attest that this is truly a labor of love. If you have any interest in arcades and/or spirits visual novels, check this one out.

signature.png

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    So more time in Portia. I don't think I can marry Paulie.

With all his manliness horseshit I think if he steps foot inside my bedroom he'll spontaneously combust then implode.
    AC7F20E0DDD5E6582D907F58A5F999D996D99C11

edited February 2019
    Anyone else having a weird issue with Steam where you can't bring up your friends list or chat with anyone? I've tried everything short of reinstalling Steam tonight. Clicking on "view friends list" just does absolutely nothing at all... and if I try to send a message to anyone I just get a "failed to send message" error.

Please tell me it's not just me. I hate stupid random problems that just start for no apparent reason......

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Nope, Steam's services just took a hard nosedive... into an empty pool.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Now that the (entirely justified) outrage is dying down a bit, I wanted to go back and signal boost this:
    Brolo wrote: »
    Arcade Spirits, a romantic visual novel, follows an alternate timeline set in the year 20XX where the 1983 video game crash never occurred. After a turbulent work history, you are granted employment at the Funplex, a popular arcade, home to a host of unique personalities and customers. Where will this new-found employment take you? Who will you meet along the way? Will you find the romance you're seeking?

Design your own character from the ground up - pronoun, hairstyle, skin tone, hair color, eye color and more are completely customizable and are reflected throughout the game in both gameplay and artwork!

With roleplaying-based choices, you will be able to grow your personality and relationships in any way you desire; Friendship, Platonic or something more intimate! Work hard and build the relationship you desire with a total of seven romanceable characters!

The Identity Identifier System, or IRIS, can track your relationship statuses with all characters throughout Arcade Spirits as well as your personality traits, from Quirky, Steady, and Kindly, to Gutsy and Basically.

Everything you choose in Arcade Spirits, from your relationships to your personality, your crisis management moments, and a myriad other decision will have an effect on the future of your arcade!
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/910630/Arcade_Spirits/
    Feb 12 - Arcade Spirits

The lead dev is a friend of mine, and I can attest that this is truly a labor of love. If you have any interest in arcades and/or spirits visual novels, check this one out.

signature.png

You beat me over here from the other thread. :)
    Thanks!

• Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Anyone else having a weird issue with Steam where you can't bring up your friends list or chat with anyone? I've tried everything short of reinstalling Steam tonight. Clicking on "view friends list" just does absolutely nothing at all... and if I try to send a message to anyone I just get a "failed to send message" error.

Please tell me it's not just me. I hate stupid random problems that just start for no apparent reason......
    Couldn't find this thread in my panic, I literally couldn't even locate my account via google (big ole error on steams webpage). It was GONE entirely. I was terrified.
    My friend list is still broken though. My buddies are somehow still playing PUB unaffected so I was crapping myself.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This discussion has been closed.