As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    This is veering a bit off topic, but does anyone know off-hand what (if any) of Bungie's old IP's they still own? I.E. Marathon and Myth. Oni I guess also.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Our godawful initial match made us question whether we should even bother with this holiday event. Luckily it was an anomaly and the remaining matches were as fun as I remember from last time this event was around.

The triumphs weren't bad at all. We finished them all up except for matches played, where we only need a few more. Getting a double kill with Two-Tailed Fox gave me the most heartache.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Finally found a replacement for Breakneck. Blast Furnace is a really fun gun and feels good with my current rolls--Feeding Frenzy and High Impact Reserves. Fairly happy with my weapons. Now I just want to finish out the armor.

Also, Activision is garbage and eat the fucking rich.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Looks like those layoffs at Activision happened. Among those studios impacted, High Moon Studios say layoffs.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    For fucks sake bungie, its 4 people and you still can't manage to not match parties against randoms

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Arteen wrote: »
    Our godawful initial match made us question whether we should even bother with this holiday event. Luckily it was an anomaly and the remaining matches were as fun as I remember from last time this event was around.

The triumphs weren't bad at all. We finished them all up except for matches played, where we only need a few more. Getting a double kill with Two-Tailed Fox gave me the most heartache.

This Two-Tailed Fox double-kill is wrecking me. I'll spend the match trying to snag Heavy and wait for the icons to be next to each other, only to get sniped or otherwise murdered before an opportunity pops up. I should just give up on it until the other Triumphs are complete, but noooooo......

Edit: Huzzah, the very next match I had a shot and took it, and got it (right as I died as well). Yay my long nightmare is over. I do got to say it was a neat Triumph to chase and made for a good video.

Zombie Gandhi on
    edited February 2019
    4 matches, 4 times going up against at least one person with Luna's. 3 of them already had the bow!

Also, there doesn't really seem to be a good warlock class for this compared to either titans (top/mid sentinel, all of striker) or hunter (literally any of them, but mainly mid-tree arc strider). The best we can really do is bottom dawn blade and the neutral game isn't great, comparatively

Edit: just lost a match 26/19 to 10/9, for a taste of how bad I'm getting boned by the matchmaker tonight. Any hunter who ever complains about how "bad" their class ability while jumping six thousand feet straight up every engagement can kiss my ass.

ronzo on
    Also also, the Ghost shell is one of the +10% XP everywhere shell, so if you don't have one already, may be worth trying to hunt it down.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    This is veering a bit off topic, but does anyone know off-hand what (if any) of Bungie's old IP's they still own? I.E. Marathon and Myth. Oni I guess also.

Bungie currently owns all of their original IP. Activision never got ownership, and Microsoft relinquished their rights to everything except Halo when Bungie split with them.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited February 2019
    6th game, lost.

6th game with DRB/LH/Coil on the other team

0 for 6 so far

edit: 0-7, game wouldn't let me back out quickly enough and I fought the same team from game 6

ronzo on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My Crimson experience has been both sweaty and enjoyable. We ran into nothing but 2-stacks with meta loadouts during our time playing it, but I was in the mood for it. I still have to play 7 more matches, win 2 of them, and get the hidden triumphs.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I played 10 Crimson Doubles matches. 9 of them had at least one person using Luna's, 5 of them were two stacks.

I won a single match of the 10 (the one with no luna's), and admittedly came very close on the 10th game.

So far I really want to like this event, but I also don't like hitting myself in the junk over and over either

Also, spectral blades needs a damage reduction nerf. I should be able to grenade and shotgun you at close range and have it actually do something. The super is nearly as bad as pre-nerf warp

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    I played 10 Crimson Doubles matches. 9 of them had at least one person using Luna's, 5 of them were two stacks.

I won a single match of the 10 (the one with no luna's), and admittedly came very close on the 10th game.

So far I really want to like this event, but I also don't like hitting myself in the junk over and over either

Also, spectral blades needs a damage reduction nerf. I should be able to grenade and shotgun you at close range and have it actually do something. The super is nearly as bad as pre-nerf warp

The last patch did nerf its damage resistance, but it's going to be tough to fight against in a 2v2 scenario

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    4 matches, 4 times going up against at least one person with Luna's. 3 of them already had the bow!

To be fair, it doesn't take anything to get the bow. Group up with one other person, run a NF, run a heroic story mission, punch enough guys doing that and you are done.

Took me and Fondor like 20 minutes last night.

The last patch did nerf its damage resistance, but it's going to be tough to fight against in a 2v2 scenario

Spectral Blades is just broken in any of the round-based PvP modes period. In like survival and countdown and anything like that it's basically a "win the round" button.

Playing comp you run into stacks that will have like 2-3 hunters running it and they will just cycle through their supers and guarantee like 3-4 rounds for themselves with little effort.

Blacksmith is the most dispiritingly grindy title, and it might be by accident. The master smith triumph says to forge 100 Black Armory and research frames. But it looks like it’s bugged and doesn’t count research frames, so it’s gonna take forever.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah Master Smith only counts Black Armory frames. I finished mine up last week but there were a few weekends in there where I did nothing but forge BA frames and it was very tedious.

On the plus side I've got multiple well rolled Hammerheads and excellent rolls of Ringing Nail and Blast Furnace, so I've got that going for me.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Platinum Starling is a very nice looking ship, though

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oh yeah, I assume most people already have or know about it, but Tess is selling the Rust Punk shell this week.

My 10% experience shell has a Titan cache detector on it, and I appreciated it so much that having an always on cache detector is something I might occasionally swap out my XP gain for.

I'm also not super rich in planetary resources so that's another factor, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

e: oh wait, it's only chests, not chests and resources. Nowhere near as convenient.

Surfpossum on
    I wanted to complain about the 22 matches completed requirement, but with how my attempts at getting Two-Tailed Fox wipes are going, I might need more than that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I'm just annoyed because I assume losing in Crimson Doubles is gonna kill my 5 game win streak in QP that I've been holding on to for like a month.

shryke wrote: »
    I'm just annoyed because I assume losing in Crimson Doubles is gonna kill my 5 game win streak in QP that I've been holding on to for like a month.

It does. Source: I lost my streak

vq2TEKC.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I wanted to complain about the 22 matches completed requirement, but with how my attempts at getting Two-Tailed Fox wipes are going, I might need more than that.

I struggled for a couple games to get it.

My sister got it first try, then again ~15 seconds later

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

I'd need to even have Two-Tailed Fox to get it, which of course I don't have.

Also, seems like a good time to complain that I still don't have 1K Voices despite running it weekly. And we've only ever seen a single Anarchy drop after running Scourge 2x a week for the past couple months.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Also, seems like a good time to complain that I still don't have 1K Voices despite running it weekly. And we've only ever seen a single Anarchy drop after running Scourge 2x a week for the past couple months.

It's your own fault for not bringing me along more often. ;)
    Just ask Gravi.

Or if I run more, with your impossible luck and my good luck it'll cause some sort of time-space black hole and Destiny will cease to exist.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    ObiFett wrote: »

If we didn't have different teams on Tuesday/Thursday I'd suggest doing 3x Riven on Tuesday and 2x Scourge on Thursday until everyone gets what they need

vq2TEKC.png
    Flawless raid runs should guarantee the raid exotic drops.

I say this as someone who hasn’t even beaten last wish once or stepped into scourge. That’s a high enough barrier people likely won’t get it right at launch, and don’t have to be on run 58 or whatnot.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Flawless raid runs should guarantee the raid exotic drops.

I say this as someone who hasn’t even beaten last wish once or stepped into scourge. That’s a high enough barrier people likely won’t get it right at launch, and don’t have to be on run 58 or whatnot.

Disagree because then making a mistake means you literally stole loot from your buddy. There just needs to be a currency or mercy system, like in a gacha game.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Games just need bad luck protection. Go through the raid and don't get the exotic? Your protection ticks up one notch. Next time through, you're a little closer to getting it before you even roll the dice. Worst case, they make you run it 100 hundred fucking times before it does drop. Frankly, if they know the content has a reasonable shelf life of a year, your protection should tick up a couple % each run since you're going to run it at most 50 odd times.

I’ve forged 13 weapons over the past 4 days, and I think that’s the max limit of what I can manage while still enjoying the game.

There are just too many chores and travel involved in the process.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    "ronzo wrote: »

Also, there doesn't really seem to be a good warlock class for this compared to either titans (top/mid sentinel, all of striker) or hunter (literally any of them, but mainly mid-tree arc strider). The best we can really do is bottom dawn blade and the neutral game isn't great, comparatively.

Top tree void works pretty well, big ol' nope to drop on any roaming supers and lots of axion bolts to throw.

Peen on
    Oh man @Peen and I rolled on dudes in Doubles tonight. Some nasty abuse with 1KV, Redrix feels great for the mode, and the Vow may make me stop using Tyranny of Heaven as my energy bow. People also continue to underestimate Cerberus when shotgun rushing. Crimson Doubles remains one of my favorite modes, and I wish it was always around.

Oh man @Peen and I rolled on dudes in Doubles tonight. Some nasty abuse with 1KV, Redrix feels great for the mode, and the Vow may make me stop using Tyranny of Heaven as my energy bow. People also continue to underestimate Cerberus when shotgun rushing. Crimson Doubles remains one of my favorite modes, and I wish it was always around.

I saw you two going and cried while going 1-4

z6o0exdaho9n.png

Matchmaking was way off on a couple of those

vq2TEKC.png
    edited February 2019
    I’ve forged 13 weapons over the past 4 days, and I think that’s the max limit of what I can manage while still enjoying the game.

There are just too many chores and travel involved in the process.

Yeah. I managed to hit 100 but I think a good chunk of that is that insane grind I did to get Izanagi's Burden. I've done a few grinds but mostly I do 6 weapons a week these days (the 2 powerfuls on each character) and call it a day. I've got good enough rolls on most of the BA weapons. It's just a lot of busywork on any week that isn't Curse Week 2.

The only one I'd still like a better one on is the machine gun but fuck is that an irritating frame to do on any day.

shryke on
    edited February 2019
    Cerberus is so stupid and it really shines in doubles, where you aren't likely to get shotgunned in the back. If you can control your spacing you can almost visibly see people getting frustrated. Still no hate mail, which is Very Disappointing.

Peen on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Minotaur melee range is always longer than you might think.

H9f4bVe.png
    Tw@b says no trials for the next few seasons. I'm not sure this game lasts past the next few seasons. RIP Trials, you were a good thing.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Tw@b says no trials for the next few seasons. I'm not sure this game lasts past the next few seasons. RIP Trials, you were a good thing.

So no trials until at least this annual pass is up? Hm.

I thought the revamped Trials was gonna be released on Feb 25

vq2TEKC.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    So it's clear Bungie hates me, specifically

https://youtu.be/3Z9yK3sMDUU