As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Resident Evil HD REmake and Resident Evil: Zero HD released, REmake 2 announced!

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Is OG re1 on anything? I think my girlfriends son would love it but the remakes might be a bit much for him ( also swears) but PSX graphics should be fine( I'm gonna ask first dont worry)

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Is OG re1 on anything? I think my girlfriends son would love it but the remakes might be a bit much for him ( also swears) but PSX graphics should be fine( I'm gonna ask first dont worry)

It's on the PSN for PS3/PSTV. It's the Director's Cut. Remember that there is still live action scenes from the game though. In game may look funny, but there's still a few scenes that could be bloody.

Hrm. I did forget about that.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    If I had to recommend them I'd say skip Rev 1 but pick up Rev 2. Rev 1 (especially after RE2) doesn't hold up that well. But Rev 2 is alright and the Raid mode is so much better.

I just recently finished Rev 1 and disagree. It's more survival/action horror than Rev 2 (Rev 2 is way more survival horror than Rev 1) but it's still a good game. It feels like a natural extension to Resident Evil 4. Rev 2 (which I haven't finished... I tried to finish it before RE2 HD but ran out of time) is good but it's much more difficult (IMO). Fuck those invisible guys when you're playing solo.

Don't forget, in Rev2, even playing solo you can swap freely between controlling Claire and Moira. Moira can reveal invisible guys with her flashlight.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    If I had to recommend them I'd say skip Rev 1 but pick up Rev 2. Rev 1 (especially after RE2) doesn't hold up that well. But Rev 2 is alright and the Raid mode is so much better.

I just recently finished Rev 1 and disagree. It's more survival/action horror than Rev 2 (Rev 2 is way more survival horror than Rev 1) but it's still a good game. It feels like a natural extension to Resident Evil 4. Rev 2 (which I haven't finished... I tried to finish it before RE2 HD but ran out of time) is good but it's much more difficult (IMO). Fuck those invisible guys when you're playing solo.

Don't forget, in Rev2, even playing solo you can swap freely between controlling Claire and Moira. Moira can reveal invisible guys with her flashlight.

It's when you are using Barry that it becomes a problem. Since the little girl can only point at them. And sometimes when I switch from her to Barry I'm not looking the same direction and they move erratically.

I love the concept of them though. They freak me out! The screen gets all small, and you can hear the buzzing... *shudder*

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I hated those invisible enemies purely because they 1-shot you and the pointing was generally unhelpful i just sprayed ammo at whatever direction she pointed and hoped.

Got my hardcore S i thought the unlock was just an infinite version of claires uzi but not its an honest to god machine gun.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Well, Rev 2 is more replayable with multiple endings and I didn't mind the invisible creatures. It was pretty tense! Rev 1 felt good on a Handheld (I played it way back on 3DS) not so much on PC for me. Also hoo boy the bits with the

*story spoilers*
    BSAA B Team outside the ship really felt out of place to me. Basically, anything that wasn't with Chris and Jill felt off to me.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Well, Rev 2 is more replayable with multiple endings and I didn't mind the invisible creatures. It was pretty tense! Rev 1 felt good on a Handheld (I played it way back on 3DS) not so much on PC for me. Also hoo boy the bits with the

*story spoilers*
    BSAA B Team outside the ship really felt out of place to me. Basically, anything that wasn't with Chris and Jill felt off to me.

I agree 100%. I hated those two guys so much!

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Man I remember how pissed I was at the "Directors Cut" version of RE1 when it turned out to be the exact same as the original release version because Capcom USA censored the game in the same way as the original by accident.

what? I thought it had a different soundtrack and new angles and stuff?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Zunde wrote: »
    I hated those invisible enemies purely because they 1-shot you and the pointing was generally unhelpful i just sprayed ammo at whatever direction she pointed and hoped.

Got my hardcore S i thought the unlock was just an infinite version of claires uzi but not its an honest to god machine gun.

Im pretty sure the infinite launcher and tmp are ripped directly from RE4

what? I thought it had a different soundtrack and new angles and stuff?

It had some new costumes and things, but its biggest selling point was that it was supposed to be Resident Evil: Uncensored. The way the game was when it released in Japan as Biohazard. But Capcom USA missed a memo somewhere and accidentally censored it all over again just like the first release.

• Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Is the DS version ("Resident Evil: Deadly Silence" I think) censored? Which version of the soundtrack does it use?

Also, I'd like to chime in to say that the RE: Revelations games are excellent. The second one is definitely one of my favorite REs.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    The opening FMV is censored but I believe the in-game cutscenes are not. The original soundtrack is present.

• President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

*story spoilers*

In a series chock full of dumb stories, Rev1’s is hands down the dumbest.

It's when you are using Barry that it becomes a problem. Since the little girl can only point at them. And sometimes when I switch from her to Barry I'm not looking the same direction and they move erratically.

I love the concept of them though. They freak me out! The screen gets all small, and you can hear the buzzing... *shudder*

Throw a brick at em! They hate it!

President Evil on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

PC. Though it might be difficult to get working.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular

*story spoilers*

Hitting zombies with bricks also creates a combo opportunity with Barry. It stuns them, and then if you swap to Barry, you can hit 'em with a strong melee for a ton of damage and a lot of times an insta-kill. The brick+melee combo is pretty brutal in that game.

Synthesis wrote: »

I feel like REmake wouldnt be so bad I just cant recall if there's any F bombs

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I found a resident evil comic that has Nemesis fighting William.
    It takes Nemesis and FIVE Mr-X models to take out William and even then William still escapes to mutate again.

• Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

I feel like REmake wouldnt be so bad I just cant recall if there's any F bombs
    REmake doesn't have any F bombs.

Unless you mean Fizz bombs. Barry does give Jill some acid grenades in one scene. Maybe you should skip that conversation.

I'll talk it over with her. Hes big into Five nights at Freddy's. Figured he might take to RE

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    73852%20-%20artist%3ALux_Strider%20game%3Aresident_evil_2%20mr._x%20streamer%3Avinny%20valentine.png

:winky:

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    If you're playing on variable FPS this may work on 60 too idk, but if you want a consistent and safe G2 fight with Claire I found this that only needs 1 grenade 1 flash 2 sparkshot shots and 1 knife (which you conveniently get in the fight)

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypber-yK3w4&feature=youtu.be"

SkutSkut on
    edited February 2019
    classic costumes are out early it seems

SkutSkut on
    edited February 2019
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait they're out? I was doing a Claire Second Run with her alt outfit but I'm gonna swap asap.

by the way, the Knife is life. No wonder they put durability on them because I've saved so many bullets just knifing zombies to death.

edit: I actually want to go back to classic RE2 and 3 and see if I can knife my way through these games.

lionheart_m on
    Yeah PS4 got them early it seems but they'll be out later today for everything else?

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I thought classic costumes were already in the game?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

There are straight model swaps, for the low-res/low-polygon PS1 versions

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    The monster people in RE games so often seem to be having just the best time and really enjoying turning into moops they should let you be a moop in the next one.

The monster people in RE games so often seem to be having just the best time and really enjoying turning into moops they should let you be a moop in the next one.

technically they already did this in Resident Evil 6. I had a blast a few months back just being a random zombie and killing people. It's actually pretty fun!

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I beat Fourth Survivor! YEAH!

...yo fuck Tofu Survivor, this is ridiculous.

Oh brilliant
    I beat Fourth Survivor! YEAH!

...yo fuck Tofu Survivor, this is ridiculous.

so just like ogRE2 then? :rotate:

edited February 2019
    Javen wrote: »

There are straight model swaps, for the low-res/low-polygon PS1 versions

It would be really great if when you used these costumes it also switched the models for Ada, Mr. X, Ben, Irons, Sherry, Annette, and the G Birkins to their 98 originals.

Viskod on
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Yeah PS4 got them early it seems but they'll be out later today for everything else?
    Do you need to do something to get them? I'm not seeing them anywhere, there's nothing to download that I can find.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    It was apparently New Zealand getting them early I thought they'd be out for everyone then but guess not.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

*story spoilers*

It was worth it just for the opening cutscene of Rev2, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_RTBXAroqc

That TerraSave commercial is the best.

"Bioterror." "Terr doesn't have to end with orist"

Stabbity_Style.png
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Got my first S+ rank the other night. My missus started up her Leon B run and was getting frustrated at it. She restarted it and tossed the controller at me. I thought I'd screwed up by taking too long but managed to sneak it in. Now she's frustrated at me for getting it first try. I've played the game in bits and pieces - ie played NEST bit when she was tired, played up to birkin 1 - and watched a few speed runs, but that was my first time from start to finish. Was my first time doing Adas section and first time doing sewers as well. Now she wants me to do the rest for the weapons :/

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680

*story spoilers*

Rev2 is the series at its most self-aware, and they have some real fun with it.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

*story spoilers*

I'm convinced that even though Barry is with the BSAA he's the one who made that commercial. Because "Terr doesn't have to end with orrist" is such a barry Burton line.

M A G I K A Z A M
This discussion has been closed.