As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    So if I ever find mangosteen I put it in my dick? Instructions aren't particularly clear.

On your dick. Not in. In probably leads to a UTI.

This post came just in time, thanks!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Gonna stain that willy real bad if you keep that up

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Directly into the dick.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    I'm going to believe Sandra, she knows everything about hot dogs.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm an expert!

Hot dog:

k4Pz7Ral.jpg

Surprisingly not-dog:

h8wBF7tl.jpg

Mound of Venus:

CuCRJrFl.jpg

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    So if I ever find mangosteen I put it in my dick? Instructions aren't particularly clear.

On your dick. Not in. In probably leads to a UTI.

This post came just in time, thanks!

Unlike you!

• Options
    Oh no, I'm late again! I better get this mangosteen out of my dick.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    so, my mum is growing rocket in her garden (argulua or something for the yanks) and it's the most delicious, peppery stuff

like, from shops it's just a bit of a bitter salad leaf, but this stuff is just fantastically peppery. It doesn't quite have the texture, but it tastes like it's just been dipped in fresh cracked pepper and I really, really, really like it

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I bought a thing on a whim, and I’m having Regrets.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    so, my mum is growing rocket in her garden (argulua or something for the yanks) and it's the most delicious, peppery stuff

like, from shops it's just a bit of a bitter salad leaf, but this stuff is just fantastically peppery. It doesn't quite have the texture, but it tastes like it's just been dipped in fresh cracked pepper and I really, really, really like it

I think it's more mustard than pepper, but whatever you want to call it, it's great in a sausage sandwich.

Also makes a good pesto to go with meat dishes

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I love me some bacon jerky.

don't @ me

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    @bowen I refuse to not @ you

That stuff wasn’t good.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    You might like the Walgreens version better. It's less crunchy and a bit more soft.

But I mean... jerky is jerky and always takes fucking forever to chew.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    You might like the Walgreens version better. It's less crunchy and a bit more soft.

But I mean... jerky is jerky and always takes fucking forever to chew.

My main problem with this was that it was very chewy. Like, no crunch at all. I like me some chewy jerky, but bacon doesn’t (for me) have the right texture for that.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Bacon is suppose to be crispy damnit.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Bacon is suppose to be crispy damnit.

Excuse me let me just write down some information for you both here in this spreadsheet for future use.

• Options
    I'm assuming your putting me into the 'sane person, crispy bacon' spreadsheet and not the 'half raw bacon chew forever eater crazy person' spreadsheet for when the purge occurs.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Boss is buying us lunch today. Decided on hunan shrimp. Never had it before so we'll see how it goes.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I must confess, I read that as "human shrimp."

(Which, after a moment's consideration, reminds me of those old ads for "sea monkeys." Note: brine shrimp don't really look like that or monkeys.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Boss is buying us lunch today. Decided on hunan shrimp. Never had it before so we'll see how it goes.

Ok this is really fucking good.

e: Came with an egg roll, a heap of fried rice, and a bunch of veggies. All for $9.95. Not bad!

Kaplar on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    At work yesterday we had a Chinese New Year event and I did the AV operation for it so I got to hang out and get some dumpling lessons and stuff and I've wanted dumplings SO BADLY since then

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    I'm assuming your putting me into the 'sane person, crispy bacon' spreadsheet and not the 'half raw bacon chew forever eater crazy person' spreadsheet for when the purge occurs.

Yes it comes with this:

burned-bacon.jpg

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    crêpes are fuckin trés difficile, y'all.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options

Yes it comes with this:

burned-bacon.jpg

I’ll admit, that’s more what I’d think of if someone told me about bacon jerky before this incident

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    the cheat wrote: »

The trick is to use a thin batter, always add a little butter before starting a new crepe, and don’t feel bad if your first one looks like it was made by a caffeinated toddler. The first crepe always turns out ugly.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    the cheat wrote: »

The trick is to use a thin batter, always add a little butter before starting a new crepe, and don’t feel bad if your first one looks like it was made by a caffeinated toddler. The first crepe always turns out ugly.

well the batter is the batter, I just gotta get used to it. I could grease the griddle more, I suppose. just need some practice, really.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    It's like the fish thing from seaman except with a shrimp body
    4emcoqvo70iv.jpg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Yes it comes with this:

burned-bacon.jpg

Good looking bacon you got there

• Options
    that's literally burnt and will shatter if you bite it what is wrong with you people

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    that's literally burnt and will shatter if you bite it what is wrong with you people

Yum/

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Yes it’s perfectly cooked bacon.

Not the rubbery greasy mess you get when you undercook it.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Yeah there's a fine line to tread.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Yes it comes with this:

burned-bacon.jpg

Its a little more burned than i would call 'crispy' but still very edible.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    knitdan wrote: »

Yes it’s perfectly cooked bacon.

Not the rubbery greasy mess you get when you undercook it.

Y'all know there's a medium besides "shatters like glass and is legitimately a hunk of charcoal" and "literally still a live pig" right?

bowen on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Cook the bacon through then finish in the oven. It will be crispy but still you know be meat

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    If your bacon doesn't have at least a little give to it before it snaps in half, you've totally overcooked it. FACT.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I like crunching on bacon. I also like chewing on bacon.

This discussion has been closed.