As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Wave events kinda suck. It takes so long to empty energy on this.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Wave events kinda suck. It takes so long to empty energy on this.
    Doesn’t help that I don’t have a team that can just hit repeat.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    This is what I do:

Kurasame: triple rain
    Mediena: triple freeze
    Ling: MP refresh
    Yun: LB generation and MP refresh
    Qin: break all
    Friend: whatever.

I just repeat

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yan for LB fill and MP, Ling for breaks, Barb for tornado, Hyoh with RB, and Yun with whatever. I can repeat this till the boss, which then I just chain Barb's CD with Hyoh's LB. Ling can entrust if he's not there yet. If I can't kill them because of bad timing, Yan can hit her LB with re-raise all for 1 more round which always kills the dragons.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Wish I could get this minitaur fusing macro to work longer than 10 minutes in nox. I have it going slow as molasses and it still ends up breaking at some point because nox stutters and the chain breaks.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I never got that macro stable in Nox, I ended up switching to Memu for that exact reason.

It was worth the effort.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My Ang can one shot every regular wave with a single Armor Piercing Arrow, but I have to charge his LB for the boss phase. This basically has me using Yan's LB fill boost and then using auto attacks from the rest of the party to make sure I get it charged. So I can kind of repeat, but I have to manually select skills on the last phase.

I might try putting Ang on Odin for extra Dragon Killer and double cast Armor Piercing Arrow and see how that works.

Zomro on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    My Ang can one shot every regular wave with a single Armor Piercing Arrow, but I have to charge his LB for the boss phase. This basically has me using Yan's LB fill boost and then using auto attacks from the rest of the party to make sure I get it charged. So I can kind of repeat, but I have to manually select skills on the last phase.

I might try putting Ang on Odin for extra Dragon Killer and double cast Armor Piercing Arrow and see how that works.

You could do it with w cast Beast Slayer Arrow as well, but yeah I need the LB at the end too.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Yeah, the goal is to only need repeat. I can do it switching abilities at the boss (sometimes taking two turns depending on friend unit). I’m just lazy...

• Options
    I never got that macro stable in Nox, I ended up switching to Memu for that exact reason.

It was worth the effort.

I'll have to look it up. At this point even having to keep an eye on it is better than manually doing it and with me so low on cactuar's it's nice to get that extra success.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    IW coming up after maintenance. All weapon types, boosted weapons are Katanas, Rods, Staves, and Whips.

• Options
    Yun thanks them for whips!

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    IW coming up after maintenance. All weapon types, boosted weapons are Katanas, Rods, Staves, and Whips.

I’m going to be busy

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Question about gifts. Is the limit 200 days? Because mine says 200 days and it doesn't seem to be going up.

[edit] Okay, no, nevermind. It was just a coincidence. 200 days ago was the end of the last friend point summon banner.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

It was worth the effort.

I'll have to look it up. At this point even having to keep an eye on it is better than manually doing it and with me so low on cactuar's it's nice to get that extra success.

If you do I have stable cactuar fusion, TMR farming, raid summon macros, as well as spark chain macros for units in slots 4/5/6. I believe -Sio- has updated Memu 6 macros available now too, and there's a spreadsheet that can convert older Memu macros to Memu 6 format.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »

Reminders: Run Vault of Hidden Treasures AND
    FFX bonus stage!

Laziness. Don't forget.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Lorek wrote: »
    I don't know what kind of stuff you get for starting out as a new player now-a-days, but if you run into any 4* Guaranteed Tickets, I would use them on the current Chinese New Year banner that is up. The second one, with Choi (the dog unit)/Ang/Yun on it. 4* Guaranteed Tickets will have a really good chance of sniping Yan, a 4* buffer/support unit that is just bonkers for a 4* unit. She's probably the best 4* support unit in the game to date.

As for the units you have; Lexa is a great mage and will combo well with any of the 7* friend units that have Tornado-moves.

Thanks for the tips! Lexa is now hanging with my normal team.

As for the 4* tickets. I've used several, not sure how many exactly. It's probably why I have the 4*s that I do.
    But I did take a look at KM, and he's got several 4* tickets for sale, so I bought two of them. I have the blank spheres, so why not :) .

First one, 4* Chole.
    Second one.... 5* Ang. Woo. I guess that makes it worth the spheres :) .

EDIT: and I will have the evo mat to make Ang 6* after a couple more Story quests. Fun.

And thanks for the friend invites. I've been using a couple of them. I was able to do the Event PRO level pretty easily. My whole party gets wiped, but the chocobo guy stays up and squishes the boss.

Quick question though, I took someone's Ang once, and for some reason Ang was taking 2k damage every turn. I don't think it was being caused by the enemy. Was that a piece of equipment or something?

Oh, and question. I know some spells / abilities damage is determined by SPR and some is MAG. Does the game actually tell you somewhere?

Selner on
  • Options

It was worth the effort.

If you do I have stable cactuar fusion, TMR farming, raid summon macros, as well as spark chain macros for units in slots 4/5/6. I believe -Sio- has updated Memu 6 macros available now too, and there's a spreadsheet that can convert older Memu macros to Memu 6 format.

I'll look at downloading it and installing it. Which version should I grab?

• Options
    That Ang had Delita's STMR on, which is 2000 fixed damage per turn, and it happens BEFORE you take an action. I hate it so much.

• Options
    And no, the game doesn't tell you anything useful like that. :) You have to either ask her, on reddit, or check out the wiki and it sometimes tells you.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    That Ang had Delita's STMR on, which is 2000 fixed damage per turn, and it happens BEFORE you take an action. I hate it so much.

Yeah that was my Ang. Sorry, he stabs himself each round as a sacrifice to the gods of archery.

• Options
    Selner wrote: »
    Lorek wrote: »
    I don't know what kind of stuff you get for starting out as a new player now-a-days, but if you run into any 4* Guaranteed Tickets, I would use them on the current Chinese New Year banner that is up. The second one, with Choi (the dog unit)/Ang/Yun on it. 4* Guaranteed Tickets will have a really good chance of sniping Yan, a 4* buffer/support unit that is just bonkers for a 4* unit. She's probably the best 4* support unit in the game to date.

As for the units you have; Lexa is a great mage and will combo well with any of the 7* friend units that have Tornado-moves.

Thanks for the tips! Lexa is now hanging with my normal team.

As for the 4* tickets. I've used several, not sure how many exactly. It's probably why I have the 4*s that I do.
    But I did take a look at KM, and he's got several 4* tickets for sale, so I bought two of them. I have the blank spheres, so why not :) .

First one, 4* Chole.
    Second one.... 5* Ang. Woo. I guess that makes it worth the spheres :) .

EDIT: and I will have the evo mat to make Ang 6* after a couple more Story quests. Fun.

And thanks for the friend invites. I've been using a couple of them. I was able to do the Event PRO level pretty easily. My whole party gets wiped, but the chocobo guy stays up and squishes the boss.

Quick question though, I took someone's Ang once, and for some reason Ang was taking 2k damage every turn. I don't think it was being caused by the enemy. Was that a piece of equipment or something?

Oh, and question. I know some spells / abilities damage is determined by SPR and some is MAG. Does the game actually tell you somewhere?

Yeah there is a materia that gives you 80% Atk but causes 2K damage.

I'd skim through this: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mechanics#Damage Basically ATK for physical attacks and MAG for magic attacks. SPR is for healing though the wiki will list if a unit's damaging ability is SPR based (very few are).

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Yeah that was my Ang. Sorry, he stabs himself each round as a sacrifice to the gods of archery.

Oh it's fine. I use him mainly for the bonus anyway :) I just let him die... Sorry about that. :P

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Question about gifts. Is the limit 200 days? Because mine says 200 days and it doesn't seem to be going up.

[edit] Okay, no, nevermind. It was just a coincidence. 200 days ago was the end of the last friend point summon banner.
    I was wondering this exact same thing yesterday, thanks for figuring it out.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular

Yeah there is a materia that gives you 80% Atk but causes 2K damage.

I'd skim through this: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mechanics#Damage Basically ATK for physical attacks and MAG for magic attacks. SPR is for healing though the wiki will list if a unit's damaging ability is SPR based (very few are).

Ah, that makes sense. I chose the unit with the highest ATK, and then he started dying and I was like "huh? wtf" for a minute.

And I think I saw a post a couple pages ago about SPR based attacks, I may have misread that though. I've been focusing on MAG for my magic units, so I will keep doing that.

I will check out that gamepedia link though.

And I am kicking myself for not having a Bonus character in my party for the Daily FFX stage. I've been using random units, but used an Auron yesterday and today. That's a lot more spheres. I need to pay more attention.

• Options
    On JP side, the new CG DFina is...nutty.
    SmartSelect_20190212-201812_FF_EXVIUS.jpg
    3.1k MAG with over 8k HP? Holy shiiiiiiiiiiii

• Options
    Yeah some units have SPR based attacks but they are rare. The wiki really does go hand and hand with this game as they don't provide enough information in game. For example, if an attack is SPR based or what chaining family an attack might belong to.

The MK events are a double edged sword. The shop has a ton of good stuff in it. Not just tickets but for a new player 6* mats as well. But you need to throw some of those tickets at the banner to have bonus units if you plan on getting some of the expensive stuff.

• Options
    Yeah some units have SPR based attacks but they are rare. The wiki really does go hand and hand with this game as they don't provide enough information in game. For example, if an attack is SPR based or what chaining family an attack might belong to.

The MK events are a double edged sword. The shop has a ton of good stuff in it. Not just tickets but for a new player 6* mats as well. But you need to throw some of those tickets at the banner to have bonus units if you plan on getting some of the expensive stuff.

And, generally speaking, MK units aren't always helpful.

• Options
    Getting real tired of having to wait until the maintenance data-mine for any sort of news on the game. I mean, Ignacio story event is pretty much a guarantee (UoC ticket available, if not now then when?) but I'd like confirmation and news of anything else that might be coming (trials, please).

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Oh it's fine. I use him mainly for the bonus anyway :) I just let him die... Sorry about that. :P

I auto through the event with him Beast Slayer Arrow, Yun doing Blazing Combo, and Yan dual casting her heal and LB boost. Gets Ang to a full LB bar for the dragons.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Today's Vault of Hidden Treasures was brutal. I used 90 energy trying to get an MP pot. I eventually gave up.

• Options
    Reddit is pretty much assuming it's going to be Ignacio... What is he?

• Options
    Ah news finally came in. His sprite looks cool!

• Options
    It's definitely Ignacio, news just dropped in game. THD finisher and buffer (fire imbue in particular).

• Options
    He's skippable at the moment, but becomes a super beast after his enhancements/story battle abilities. I like him because he's got a great sprite and I must own every finisher.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    He’s still really good right now. On top of finishing, his party fire imbue is great for elemental-less hyoh’s. His 120% buffs are also quite good.

He’s a regular pull though, so i’ll probably skip as i can get him later.

Edit: might throw a couple tickets at the banner for a Suzume though. Good TMR for Citan and Akstar.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    According to the datamine, Qin has been nerfed. Please understand.

Poor Qin, who is worse than unenhanced Yan. At least your TMR is ok.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Aw man. Ran Loren's STMR through and got the rare.... And not a single ATK for the rest of the run.

urahonky on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    They fixed the crash for claiming past daily login rewards. I am finally able to start clearing out my mailbox!! I haven't had time to research any of the new units, but it looks like a solid pass for me in general. I'm so backlogged on TMR farming since I've been rank XP farming with the CNY event. I really need to kick the ES farm off again, but maybe after I finish the story event stuff this weekend.

Also, I'm waiting to pull the 5+1 ticket and EX tickets until tomorrow so I don't accidentally get any of the new CNY units. They hit Qin hard with the NERF bat... RIP bards.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I was hoping the patch would fix expeditions but it still crashes for me. Have only had 1 expedition slot since they added the mixer.

This discussion has been closed.