As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    La’var Ball is just Archie Manning.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Nah. Archie Manning couldn't beat Michael Jordan in a game of one on one.

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    La’var Ball is just Archie Manning, but black, so he's hated.

I helped with your quote a little bit.

Edit: I actually don't like this post of mine at all. I regretted it as soon as I posted it. It's making too light of something shitty, and also comes across like I'm accusing people of this thread of specific racism, when I didn't mean to do that either. So I recant, but leave this post here to keep my shame known.

burbo on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    If the manning brothers were coming out of college in 2019 archie manning would have been just as if not more annoying.

that said i don't think people hate lavar, but he's a distraction up to the point where like the pelicans say they have no interest in lonzo because of the levar circus.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    There is definitely more than a hint of respectability politics in how the media talks about LaVar Ball

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Which game are we talking? I bet Archie plays some mean Squash.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Maximum wrote: »

Which game are we talking? I bet Archie plays some mean Squash.

Jordan cheats at beer pong

1968cenfkghzpjpg.jpg

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    He is way over the edge with his arm

but

That table is wayyyyyyy too small to play on even for normal size people.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The home crowd booed AD during his first starting lineup intro since his trade request.

Goose! wrote: »
    The home crowd booed AD during his first starting lineup intro since his trade request.

I would expect nothing less and neither should AD. He has a right to express his desire to play where he wants but asking to get traded midseason is going to upset any fan base

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    edited February 2019
    It really sucks that this will be the environment till at least 2022. The Super Max is shaping up to be a failure on both sides. The NBA's best players don't want to be locked up that long and already make shitloads of money with shorter term contracts and long term endorsement deals. All it has done is inflate the value of role players and created albatross contracts like John Wall's.

There's got to be a better way than this. With so many of the league's best players sitting out large fractions of the season over contract disputes this is starting to look like the NFL

Butters on
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure you can ever avoid this situation short of banning agents and players from saying they don't want to be somewhere. Which would then devolve into banning them from saying they want to go anywhere.

The NBA is still very, very far away from what the NFL has become. A lot of that is because the NFLPA is a joke and they still allow shit like non-guaranteed contacts, so players are largely left to fend for themselves.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    God dammit Sacramento

rjqfo2c0e9lu.jpg

What a couple of losers

edited February 2019
    if you're going to get your racist screed printed on a jersey at least put it on a celtics jersey.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Russell Westbrook just got his tenth consecutive triple double.

The man is a machine

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

The man is a machine

I mean, he knows he's not going to win anything so he might as well get all the individual accolades. :P

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Given the team's reaction to BLM protests was to team up with BLM, I'm surprised those guys are fans of Sacramento in the first place.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    American conservatives practice cognitive dissonance on a minute to minute basis with nearly everything they think and believe, so it's not too strange to think that they could do the same for their NBA team.

The man is a machine

I mean, he knows he's not going to win anything so he might as well get all the individual accolades. :P

I think he's more settled into his role with Paul George on the team.

He seems content to let George be the primary scorer while putting up his ridiculous 18/12/11 nights.

Players only is a crime against basketball.

If tnt insists on this, at least let the local affiliate broadcast too, it’s unwatchable.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    https://streamable.com/zhaax

Imagine being an NBA referee and not calling this in a 2 point game.

Like, for real. This shit is just unacceptable. Everyone on the planet saw the arm bar except the ref standing in the best position.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I can't get over how terrible of a hashtag "CUsRise" is

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Fear the CusCrise

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

What does it even mean?

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Baking bread

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Butters wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

What does it even mean?

see us rise

the shirt looks like cus crise

It’s among the worst branding I’ve seen.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

must have watched Professor teach Harden the teleport

• OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    So about that Warrior/Blazers game. I didnt watch, but heard the story and went and found the video of the flagrant. (You have to watch the video of Kerr getting ejected, and they show the actual play in the middle)

Does anyone in their right mind think that Draymond didn't deserve a flagrant 1 for that foul?

Excessive contact? Check.
    Contact above the shoulders? Check.
    Not a basketball play? Check. (Seriously. Draymond is standing still, straight upright, and the player he fouls is running past him. When do you ever see that defensive stance?)

The warriors defense after the game is that he got a lot of ball on his reach? Um, what? He went through the dudes face from the other side of him to get ball. When defending a bad foul call, you can say you got 'all ball'. But saying you got a lot of ball AFTER you fouled the guy doesn't matter at all?

This is a call that Kerr flips out over and gets tossed? Um, what? If you look at that replay and tell me that not only do you think its not a flagrant, buts its not even close to a flagrant, not even borderline/judgement call, so much that its worth getting tossed from the game over, you need to get your head checked.

PSN: TitusPullo13
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    It was a foul, but calling that a flagrant is a bit of a stretch. I must need to get my head checked.

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    I guess only if you are willing to get tossed out of a game over it

Markieff Morris signed with the Thunder

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I’m really happy to see Lin with the Raptors. Nobody is expecting Linsanity 2.0 or anything, and he probably won’t play a ton once Van Vleet is healthy again, but that city has a HUGE asian population that already loved him when he was playing for other teams, having him there is going to make a lot of folks happy, and he’s going to get a ton of support. He already got a standing ovation in his first game with them.

edited February 2019
    the only angle i saw (https://streamable.com/1crpw) looked not at all flagrant. seemed like all the contact with the outstreched arm was with the ball, with a huge acting headsnap with no visible face contact as there is no motion there until after the foul is over. he fouled him on the forearm, but idk about contact above shoulders.

they gave him that flagrant because he was pissed at the charge and are expecting draymond to lash out. seems like all the worst parts of nba refereeing rolled into one.

kerr took the ejection because he's trying to save the technical from draymond i figure.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Kerr might have just wanted to start his vacation earlier

It was potentially a foul, but 100% not a flagrant.

That call was atrocious, especially given the context. The refs have really been shitting the bed all year, and it really makes me want to know whether or not their finances are independently audited by the league.

This discussion has been closed.