As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, trying to gear my profane decay build for hybrid, and this is way harder than just going straight life.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oh wait I thought that was FRawst. Is that you? heh.

Jubal77 on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Hopped on to finish a last Research safehouse for 3 more stashes, upgraded all my gems to 21/20 or 4/0 where applicable, and I'm spent.

ocmp0hp7tusm.jpg

I have 2.2m Shaper dps, or 2.7m if I turn on Vaal Cold Snap. Such build, much wreck.

For lols, I six-linked my Voidforge and vaal'd it, and it bricked. I also started to chaos spam these boots and hit these stupid-ass suffixes after like 30 chaos;

q8n50zvv4nxq.jpg

Maybe I'll metacraft them in Standard or something someday.

Rius if you dont mind can you share the PoB of your variation? Id like to look at the differences between yours and mine.

Jubal77 wrote: »
    Oh wait I thought that was FRawst. Is that you? heh.

chaos builds are for suckers

J3qcnBP.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    My "stupid thing" that I did right before the league ended was throwing a well rolled QotF and Carcass Jack in to Hillock's crafting benchs, then six socketing the Carcass Jack and then six linking it in like 150 fusings. Didn't have a ton of fusings leftover so I didn't hit another on the QotF.

This was a good league, only that last challenge or two were a bit more tedious than I'd have liked but I haven't hit 36 since Perandus.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I need to hit 12...

fuck gendered marketing
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Rius if you dont mind can you share the PoB of your variation? Id like to look at the differences between yours and mine.

@Jubal77 here you go!

https://pastebin.com/163dt4Sz

Note the included edited line on my belt; have to stick that somewhere in PoB to reflect the second part of Bonechill Support. PoB still isn't calculating for it, the "enemies in chilling areas from supported skills have cold damage taken increased by chill effect."

Thanks!

went and reskilled my serker again for funsies

facebreakers continues to call for me

and it rewarded in this shaper kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqM15ZONqZo

19x9OaQ.png

perfect rolls D: 3 ex babyyyyyyyyy

J3qcnBP.png
    edited February 2019
    still sane, exile?
    v0Sz9yz.jpg

happy valentines day poe thread

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Now that I have a better laptop and am back in a place where I always have good internet I am seriously considering flicker strike because it looks real different to play. There, I worry about delving and whether I need to invest a lot of currency and trading to get survivability/damage to a high level. I am looking for something that looks spectacular/splodey when map clearing, keeps me moving decently quickly (I've played traps and totems recently), and can beat the scariest bosses without minmaxing every rare and jewel (I always have trouble seeing which mods/combination of mods are the best for the slot when looking through the loot, especially for melee builds). BV Occ life-based or EB/MoM maybe.

Absalon on
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    If always wanted to play a Flicker strike -CoC - corpse explosion build.

I'm afraid I'll melt my computer though

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Well i finally found a delve boss location. need some more sulphite to get to it, but i have questions.

1) if i delve to the location point of the boss, does that mean i have to attempt to fight him right then and there to count the point 'claimed' if i fail the fight, will i just appear at the previous delve point to run the last point again?

2) I've wondered about the above and how abyssal citys occur, but never wanted to experiment and possibly lose the chance to do the temple...like if you hit the point, and the crawler spits out its loot. but dont actually enter the temple, do you lose the chance to do the temple? or can you port out, come back and the temple still is available to run?

3) You can bring others into delve right? I've always done it solo, but probably need help killing the boss.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Yes to all of your questions; boss nodes won't be "complete" until you kill the boss, and city nodes are complete once the staircase is opened. If you don't go down the stairs into the basement, you'll lose the opportunity to.

You can open the basement, then use the crawler to return to the mine camp, then use the mine camp to return to the crawler, and still do the basement. But if you load another node, that basement is gone.

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    If I buy a currency tab in this league will I automatically have it in all future leagues?

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Yup

2x39jD4.jpg
    If I buy a currency tab in this league will I automatically have it in all future leagues?

It will be present for all characters in any league on that account.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So my SSFHC ride to the top on Xbox hit another snag. Geared out, uber lab done, 10K ES, content laughable but being careful anyway. Running non dangerous racecourse map. Pop quartz flask and zoom in to wake up the bosses. Screen locks, goes black, kicks me back to "desktop". I get screen locks from time to time but usually it is zoom catchup lag lock (which will kill you if you are in the wrong place like darkness or bestiary altar). This was just a straight boom black xbox ui. Needless to say restart. Why oh why do I bother. (Hint: no one has hit 95 in SSFHC since they started tracking this stuff). Just remembered tomorrow is a holiday. I will probably go skiing to keep the peace in the household but dagnabbit I'm becoming obsessed.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    24 challenges done. That will do League. That will do.

edited February 2019
    Man it might just be Elementalist Storm Brand for me next league unless it gets nerfed. MoM for survivability. Only thing you need is Lightning Spire trap for single target. I like the idea of getting one skill at level 12 and then sticking to it.

Absalon on
    Absalon wrote: »
    Man it might just be Elementalist Storm Brand for me next league unless it gets nerfed. MoM for survivability. Only thing you need is Lightning Spire trap for single target. I like the idea of getting one skill at level 12 and then sticking to it.

I've been considering Armageddon Brand, but both of the brand skills look pretty cool.

Brody wrote: »

I've been considering Armageddon Brand, but both of the brand skills look pretty cool.

From what I can tell Armageddon is slower and covers a smaller area overall, making it better for single target and worse for clear.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

From what I can tell Armageddon is slower and covers a smaller area overall, making it better for single target and worse for clear.

I think it's more that Armageddon Brand does all it's damage in a single hit so you get more milage out of Brand Recall shenanigans.

Carpy on
  • Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

I think it's more that Armageddon Brand does all it's damage in a single hit so you get more milage our of Brand Recall shenanigans.

Dropping a recall on a group of mobs or a boss is really satisfying. Armageddon brand is so much fun.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

Ignite prolif seems to help with clear. The ignite damage is good enough to make white mobs fall over quickly, while the actual hits take care of tougher things

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    What confuses me about Armageddon brand is that before it was released everyone was commenting about how useless a certain enchant was that dropped a fireball on your targets was cause it happen after they were dead. its the exact same effect right? just without the initial attack.

Ignite prolif seems to help with clear. The ignite damage is good enough to make white mobs fall over quickly, while the actual hits take care of tougher things
    It might be tough to build up enough DoT for endgame as the game is now.

azith28 wrote: »
    What confuses me about Armageddon brand is that before it was released everyone was commenting about how useless a certain enchant was that dropped a fireball on your targets was cause it happen after they were dead. its the exact same effect right? just without the initial attack.

Nah, that skill specifically triggered on kill, so you would need to kill a single mob in a pack, but have enough boosts to the enchanted skill (I'm not even sure how you would boost those) that it would kill the rest of the pack through the meteors.

It might be tough to build up enough DoT for endgame as the game is now.

You don't need very much DPS for end game trash mobs in high tier maps.

The actual meteors hit like a truck especially when you Brand Recall five of them on top of a target.

But you don't want to rely on those jumping to every mob because that would be slow. So you use the built in ignite multiplier, Elementalist ignite prolif for free (or just the gem), and scale just enough fire/elemental damage to get the burns up to where melt a white mob in about a half second (so 20-40k DPS depending on map mods) and the clear is pretty good. Then the actual brand hits do their thing on rare mobs, and you abuse overlapping AoE and Brand Recall for bosses

Mathil and Tarke both did a build this way and it worked pretty well on budget gear with most of the investment going into defenses. I'll be trying it next league assuming brands don't get a huge nerf overall. I suspect Storm Brand will get some adjustments.

Also: you definitely can scale DoT damage to endgame levels. Cold DoT rework makes for an amazing build. Chaos DoT has a few issues I was thinking about in the shower this morning (Blight is underpowered altho I like the play style built properly, ES is really undertuned and scales extremely poorly, Caustic Arrow is good but it's basically a caster build that uses a bow and quiver and can't scale from spell damage which is very limiting in gear choices). Fire DoT that isn't RF is probably the second worst DoT build (after poison) as a focused mechanic, but it absolutely has its uses in a hit-based fire build (Combustion/Immolate combo, prolif on a clear 4L with a single target 6L, Trickster regen enabler, etc.)

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    azith28 wrote: »

As Brody said, skills that deal damage after everything is already dead are kinda useless.

The delay on the hit and the cooldown of that enchant made it real bad. Brands fix pretty much every issue that had.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    Path of Exile: Countdown

New league is going to announced today, yes?

Yeh, four hours and twenty minutes.

If they buff self-cast CI builds are going to be big popular and ES gear/Shavs is going to get expensive. MoM with life focus might be preferable to go for casters in that case.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

Awww yeah, can't wait to excitedly play this for 3 weeks and burn myself out until the next league

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Switched up the av.

Playing this game in 1440p maxed out is totes gorge.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Less than 40 minutes woo!