As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    omg ahahaha

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Dan looks like he's either gonna punch something offscreen or flee the studio entirely

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I haven't watched the whole thing yet but my guess is he's in the process of fleeing. He's done it a couple times already in the previous vids, and somehow it keeps being funny.

• President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular

This is like...the 5th best thing that happens :)

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I am 100% here for Abby's wanton disrespect for ammo.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I am 100% here for Abby's wanton disrespect for ammo.

Her constant inability to hit anything with a damn grenade launcher in the last video gave me life.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

This is like...the 5th best thing that happens :)

The shit eating grin Dan had on his face when Abby finds the helicopter was perfect.

Undead Scottsman on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The shift rating herein Fan had in his face when Abby finds the helicopter was perfect.

What?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    it's always weird to me hearing giant bomb talk about metroid like it is in the top tier of nintendo franchises.

people like it a lot, but it doesn't sell at all like mario/zelda.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    it's always weird to me hearing giant bomb talk about metroid like it is in the top tier of nintendo franchises.

people like it a lot, but it doesn't sell at all like mario/zelda.

Or animal crossing, or Pokémon, or maybe even stuff like Kirby

Metroid is not the system seller the enthusiast internetsman would have you believe

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    nobody knows how a kirby game would sell, for it is illegal to put one out before a system is far past it's prime.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Reynolds wrote: »
    The shift rating herein Fan had in his face when Abby finds the helicopter was perfect.

What?

Don't phone post in a hurry, folks.

Undead Scottsman on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Dan and Vinny are looking scruffy.

edited February 2019
    I wonder what GB will be like 40 years from now.

I wonder if some of them will still be on or all of them will be retired except for Abbey and Ben.

Heck they might be retired too.

Krathoon on
    edited February 2019
    40 years from now, Jeff and Vinny will be over 80 years old

If Giant Bomb exists in 40 years, which I doubt, it will be nothing like what it is now

Ceno on
    We're already starting to see things evolve as Abby, Ben and Jan become larger voices.

My question is who is going to be the first of the remaining original crew to leave GB. I'd guess Vinny becuase he seems like the one with the most stuff going on outside of videogames.

They could hang on like Barbara Walters.

I want to see Dan with crazy old man beard.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

I wonder if some of them will still be on or all of them will be retired except for Abbey and Ben.

Heck they might be retired too.

I'm sure Amazon-Disney-CBS will have some ideas.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    They could be the 60 minutes of video games.

Ceno wrote: »
    40 years from now, Jeff and Vinny will be over 80 years old

If Giant Bomb exists in 40 years, which I doubt, it will be nothing like what it is now

It would be sad if it turned into something like Ign.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Just enjoy the ride and don't make yourself depressed by thinking so far into the future man
    Everyone is going to die by global warming and the planet exploding 12 years later anyway

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Jeff does not like Crackdown.

Now, I like Crackdown 3, but in the larger context of "This has been in development for ten years" there's not a lot there.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Abby has said stuff before about the grind of the job and how its fundamentally changed the way she lives her life because of how games used to be a fun hobby for her and now they aren't.

I wouldn't be shocked if she found something better to do with her life in 4 years, let alone 40.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Wow. 6 hours?

I miss Spookin' with Scoops.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I mean to be frank, it's probably the reason I still haven't committed trying out something in the Streamverse. I mean, I've Twitch Chat demanding certain streamers why aren't you playing X and it's something completely different hey I'm playing Red Dead 2 for fun vs I'm playing Red Dead because #content or my audience demands it.

Just like @Peas said, nothing lasts forever. Also, why are you thinking about the end when you could be enjoying the now.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Okay yeah, Crackdown 3 is definitely a game that, if I play it at all, will be via Xbox Game Pass which currently has a deal for $2 for 2 months.

I should be able to wring all the enjoyment out of this within 2 months, right?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Abby has said stuff before about the grind of the job and how its fundamentally changed the way she lives her life because of how games used to be a fun hobby for her and now they aren't.

I wouldn't be shocked if she found something better to do with her life in 4 years, let alone 40.

She makes a steady paycheck that allows her to live in NYC and do improv/theater as a hobby. A lot of shit would have to change in our late-capitalistic nightmare for that to become a bad deal.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

She makes a steady paycheck that allows her to live in NYC and do improv/theater as a hobby. A lot of shit would have to change in our late-capitalistic nightmare for that to become a bad deal.

I have to assume the shitty parts of the Giant Bomb audience (and games in general) have to be a big negative.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Krathoon keeps staring into the abyss.

• SledGodSledGod Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Krathoon wrote: »

Difficult to think about considering that their medium is like, less than 20 years old. Pre-2000, did anyone think we'd ever have a weekly "radio" show automatically downloaded to our phones via the internet?

Point is, we will all be living in the Wired in 40 years and there will be no Ben, Abbey, or Giant Bomb. Only the glorious Singularity.

SledGod on
    edited February 2019
    I remember when Brad was a kid on Gamespot, rigidly doing his video reviews.

It was the Wild West back then.

Krathoon on
    I have now made my way through 20 episodes of All Systems Goku, having never watched a minute of Dragonball Z, and I have learned the following things:

1. Mr. Popo is a problem.
    2. Yomcha sucks.
    3. Vejita (Vegeeta?) is apparently voiced by the ghost of Nicolas Cage.
    4. Everyone is always inexplicably holding back when engaging in these mountain-annihilating beam fights.
    5. Arms grow back after they get yanked off.
    6. The entire plot structure of the series seems to be fight thing, lose, Goku incapacitated, Goku goes off and punches lasers for a few years, Goku comes back just after everyone else has been killed and is SOMEHOW even MORE powerful, fights thing again, wins, dragon ball wish, rinse, repeat.
    7. I would not like Dragonball Z.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I honestly forgot about Crackdown 3.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    right in the middle, Vegeta

liEt3nH.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I always find Goku's popularity compared to the rest of the cast kind of baffling. Sure he's a shonen protagonist so he's kind of a cool dude but everyone around him are just more interesting characters in general and I think their refusal to "pass the torch" as it were is a bit of a bummer

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm not really into Dragonball history but my understanding is that Toriyama wanted to end Goku's story with Buu and the studio was like "nah, make 400 more of these."

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
This discussion has been closed.