As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Early Access is live. Please mark spoilers. God speed, Freelancers.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    here's a primer on the world of Anthem ahead of the early access phase.

https://youtu.be/gMfaztJclLI

Destiny and Warframe players may already be familiar with MyNameIsByf. he does overview and deep dive lore videos and if his Anthem content continues

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I'm gonna fuckin kill Origin. Look at this shit:

a4nJhttl.png

ITS NOT RELEASED YOU FUCKS

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So at least for release release it'll operate on midnight rules. So midnight eastern and 9pm best coast.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Its pretty crazy people are asking for changes when no one has played final product! Calm down boys

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/announcing-the-cast-of-anthem

stolen from the SE++ thread but voices of anthem.

Lol "that guy who plays that schmuck from Brooklyn Nine-Nine" is a great pull

Also I'm pretty sure I heard Freddie Prinze Jr. amongst the characters at some point, or was I imagining things

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    I'm sure we'll hear a lot of bioware alums contributing voices.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

Ooh. Oooooooh. I can totally live with that.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Its pretty crazy people are asking for changes when no one has played final product! Calm down boys

The one thing I am worried about is that the non-primer/detonator powers will be quickly deemed useless since there is a heavy emphasis on combos.

They definitely need to make sure the combo-less skills have unique uses or are powerful on their own.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

We had a decent amount of time with the demos. I’m glad they are doing minor tweaks before launch.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I'm just anxious to finally give it a shot tomorrow.

I've been so hot and cold on this game lately I'm just looking forward to finally finding out if its for me.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    I'm pumped for a fresh Bioware story. I can't wait to dig into the lore of this game and it really seems like they've given the lore and world building as much attention as they did for Mass Effect and Dragon Age and that is super exciting.

I can't wait to see how the narrative evolves.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Got around to adding the PC players in the spreadsheet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Origin fixed the splash screen, those fucks.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    ObiFett wrote: »

The one thing I am worried about is that the non-primer/detonator powers will be quickly deemed useless since there is a heavy emphasis on combos.

They definitely need to make sure the combo-less skills have unique uses or are powerful on their own.

I kinda felt like I wouldn't care to bother much with combos on something like the interceptor, and wouldn't focus on it with storm, either. Spreading CC doesn't interest me nearly as much as does nuking crunchies. But then there's Party Van over there who causes everything nearby to explode every X seconds on demand... Depends on the health pool and crunchy distribution. I really enjoyed the Party Van combos.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/announcing-the-cast-of-anthem

stolen from the SE++ thread but voices of anthem.

Lol "that guy who plays that schmuck from Brooklyn Nine-Nine" is a great pull

Also I'm pretty sure I heard Freddie Prinze Jr. amongst the characters at some point, or was I imagining things

Joe Lo Truglio is a fuckin' treasure though. The State, Reno 911, 9-9... The dude's great; he's one of the reasons I noticed 9-9 when it was announced.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Finally added myself to spreadsheet as a PC player, also added my time zone which may be useful, though I generally play so full out of bounds of what could be considered normal for my time zone that it rarely matters. @TNTrooper just in case you want to take a second pass or just add Duchess_Archer which is my id.

And as far as server hypotheticals, I mean, I imagine it'll go like every anticipated major online launch goes like, touch and go at best. But even with that I have other stuff to play and other... books to read and stuff, I GUESS. anyway probably dinner and movie stuff then bedtime then morning Anthem time byeeeeeeeeeee

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I am legit looking at the folks paying early for beta access as the guinea pigs letting me know whether to keep my preorder. If the game is sloppy I'll cancel, play Apex, and wait for a month of patches.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    I was tempted to take tomorrow off but fully expect the usual launch crap show.
    Basil wrote: »

I kinda felt like I wouldn't care to bother much with combos on something like the interceptor, and wouldn't focus on it with storm, either. Spreading CC doesn't interest me nearly as much as does nuking crunchies. But then there's Party Van over there who causes everything nearby to explode every X seconds on demand... Depends on the health pool and crunchy distribution. I really enjoyed the Party Van combos.

The thing with combos is they charge your ult so fast. And since all ults heal you, make you invincible and do a crap load of damage, going all combo all the time is probably the meta at higher difficulties.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Rakeeth wrote: »

The thing with combos is they charge your ult so fast. And since all ults heal you, make you invincible and do a crap load of damage, going all combo all the time is probably the meta at higher difficulties.

The Storm's non-combo powers also did a SHITLOAD of damage, to the point where that Fire Blast thing (5 charges, AE kaboom) was a sphere of death after a bit. Sometimes you just want a thing dead, not to try to combo it and suck up two powers worth of charge.

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    dporowski wrote: »
    Rakeeth wrote: »

The Storm's non-combo powers also did a SHITLOAD of damage, to the point where that Fire Blast thing (5 charges, AE kaboom) was a sphere of death after a bit. Sometimes you just want a thing dead, not to try to combo it and suck up two powers worth of charge.

All non combo powers do more damage on average, Good for dumping on things that you cannot combo, Shielded Units for instance. Also a group really does not need that many Combo Detonators, since 3 of the Suits can Det with a Melee.

My Colossus for example ran Flamethrower and rotating long range option, I could fly in set something on fire and slam to set off the AoE Combo effect. Not as fast to set off Combo as the Lightning Coil Setup but it left a free slot for longer ranged options. Interceptor can work the same way with a Status Ability setting up for Slice and Dice with one slot open for a good damage Ability.

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    Well i caved and got premier. Gotta work tomorrow so hopefully any day 1 bugs get worked out by Saturday.

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    The night is long

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    asofyeun wrote: »
    The night is long

And full of terroires. Which is why I'm enjoying this lovely wine.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    When I return in march, you bastards better still be playing this.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    They posted some clarifications about the stream because there was some wrong info: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/aqt19y/stream_correction_crafting_information/

Specifically, it does look like there aren't any Legendary blueprints (for now). So that should put to rest anyone worried about the preorder Legendary weapon being more than just a weapon that you would outgrow.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    We're at less than 24 hours left before the early access launch and the live action short is about to drop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wka5RovFEo8&feature=youtu.be

I finally got to see this video.
    Holy fucking shit that is AWESOME!!!!

It's basically a trailer, and it gives a ton of lore tips.
    Like, insane amounts considering they said they've invested a lot in the story.

So, yeah that is hype city++!!!!!
    Definitely better than someone saying Mario.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    We're at less than 24 hours left before the early access launch and the live action short is about to drop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wka5RovFEo8&feature=youtu.be

I finally got to see this video.
    Holy fucking shit that is AWESOME!!!!

It's basically a trailer, and it gives a ton of lore tips.
    Like, insane amounts considering they said they've invested a lot in the story.

So, yeah that is hype city++!!!!!
    Definitely better than someone saying Mario.

Yeah I just watched this for the first time and now I just kinda want a feature length film?

Like, I'll still play the game and all but

movie plz

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Ok I woke up and it's the 15th now. Let me play please bioware.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    I'm sure this has been asked before. But with Premier, Anthem still says unlocks on the 22nd? I don't see any other version to download. Searching just finds one option and it says it's already in library.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    God speed all you early access people. I'll see you in Hell.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked before. But with Premier, Anthem still says unlocks on the 22nd? I don't see any other version to download. Searching just finds one option and it says it's already in library.

So if you preordered it and also signed up for Premier it's a bit "weird." I didn't have to do this process but I saw people talking about it, basically you need to go in and "upgrade" your copy. You can do this in Origin I believe if you click on the game, but you might have to go into the store. Also, if you just signed up for Premier it's probably worth restarting Origin. It's kind of convoluted but that's basically Origin for you.

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Info on pre-order stuff posted by Ben on the Anthem sub-reddit: link

Text in the spoiler
    Tomorrow, many of you will have access to the Legion of Dawn Weapon and Ranger Gear Piece. These are balanced to be as good as items around levels 7-9. As they are Legendary quality, their power level is 18 and they come with some cool inscriptions and properties. Everyone will play the game differently, the prestige of having a legendary item may mean you equip these for a while. For me, I will replace mine with other gear and weapons that drop around level 7 so I wanted to pass on the information, do with it as you please 😊

Any additional items you received as part of buying Anthem can be found on the rewards tab in the store (you may need to click into an item to see the rewards tab).

Here is a guide to redeeming these items in game: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/anthem/anthem/anthem-edition-rewards/

See you early access folk in game soon!

Ben

EDIT: The link above definitely WAS working... but it stopped working...

TL;DR for link above

- Play game up to Prospero Mission

- Complete Prospero Mission

- Open Store and go to rewards tab

- Claim rewards

Edit: Also some corrections to crafting information, also posted by Ben Link
    Hey All,

In the latest live stream I made a couple mistakes when it comes to crafting information:

​Legendary Items can not be crafted - they can only be found in drops (at launch)
    Crafted items get their power Level based on your pilot level, so they do scale in that sense... BUT
    You need to unlock higher rarities of a blueprint to craft more rare items (e.g. uncommon, common, rare, epic, etc)
    You can unlock the higher rarity options in a variety of ways (e.g. challenges and earning reputation with certain factions)
    Sigils are the new name for Match Consumables (not blueprints)

So there you go!

​Ben

asofyeun on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Gonna watch some streams today. Hopefully I like what I see. Get that Bioware world and character building in my belly please

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I'll watch enough to see if the performance is still dicks then go on blackout

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I've got one more origin access code available.

First one to snag it gets it.

http://www.origin.com/store/origin-access/refer-a-friend/redeem/eGtyZEJxbz0jTSMxMDAwMDIwNjMyMjkw

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    And it's live.

Or at least has a "Play" button.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    lcs7as7eydnd.png

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Remember to spoiler tag stuff, y'all!

This discussion has been closed.