As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resident Evil HD REmake and Resident Evil: Zero HD released, REmake 2 announced!

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    The Military costume for claire has the stars emblem and the Eagle medal from the original game on it.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I’m playing Revelations for the first time and I like it alright so far. They should have called it monster hallway shooting gallery because the only Revelation I’ve had is that I now know the answer to the question “Did we make enough Hunters?”

The answer to that question is apparently “No. You can never have enough Hunters.”

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I played the shit out of Rev 1 on the 3DS. Probably finished it 2-3 times and put in a ton of hours on the online Raid mode, which worked pretty well.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I played the shit out of Rev 1 on the 3DS. Probably finished it 2-3 times and put in a ton of hours on the online Raid mode, which worked pretty well.

I stopped for the night after the chapter where
    They were going to zap the ship with the space laser and a giant wave hit it

How much have I got left?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I stopped for the night after the chapter where
    They were going to zap the ship with the space laser and a giant wave hit it

How much have I got left?
    Your just over halfway done. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Going for Leon B S to fill out my S rankings and did not even run into Mr X at all
    Like i know Stars office/hallway Triggers him on B scenario but my inventory was full so i just grabbed everything but the magnum popped out of the office did not even go for the lounge ran down to the dark room heard his steps a bit put everything in and just want back to the stars office and grabbed the medallion from the lounge set the C-4 all i heard was his foot steps. I literally did the section too fast for him to keep up with me xD

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    gave Ghost Survivor a go....
    Runaway I ran a few times and thought I had a good handle on it
    until I got to the tennis court
    guess I will have a more serious attempt on my next day off.

I did unlock a hat though so thats nice.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Leon 1
    11:14:24
    32 saves
    C rank

I probably haven’t played RE2 in about 20 years, so this doesn’t shock me. Plus I left the game running one day on what I thought was pause, but turned out to be inventory. Tack on like 4 hours of dead play time.

Now to play Claire?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'd say to play Claire 2nd. It's a little harder, but mostly early on (it tosses you right into the deep end, as there's not much point to repeating the opening sections that were just built as tutorials). By the time you leave the RPD for the first time, the scenarios are pretty much lined up.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Wow, they really do throw you right in. I like how that was basically a “Previously, on Resident Evil...”

• Options
    The game autosaves so much on Standard and Assisted that unless you're playing on Hardcore, there's no reason to make any manual saves.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    The '98 costumes came out around the same time as Ghost Survivor stuff.

Leon

Claire

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I must be doing something wrong in Rev 2... The brick does absolutely nothing. I've tossed it at a few bad guys now and all it does is slightly make them step backwards. I threw a brick at one of those invisible guys and it knocked him back for a quarter of a second and then he came straight at me.

Am I supposed to just toss this shit?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I believe it's an instant kill if you melee with it.

Note: this breaks the brick.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    You need to hit the invisible guys 3 times to down them for good.

• Options
    heenato wrote: »
    I believe it's an instant kill if you melee with it.

Note: this breaks the brick.

Oh that would be nice! I usually use Barry for those kills though since he moves faster in stealth.

• Options

Then I'm really better off just shooting blindly. I've never really seen 3 bricks laying around in one area.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    @urahonky How have you invested your talents when you level up? I think some of the better combos that exist between the character duos are tied to the talent tree.

It might even be worth your while to research possible builds online, and see which skills you ought to be going for first.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    @urahonky How have you invested your talents when you level up? I think some of the better combos that exist between the character duos are tied to the talent tree.

It might even be worth your while to research possible builds online, and see which skills you ought to be going for first.

When I started the game I had a plethora of BP so I have just about every single skill available. I think the only one I don't have the the 100K one (which I'm saving up for right now).

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Is it difficult to get Rev2 for Vita? That seems like a good swan song game.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    urahonky wrote: »

Then I'm really better off just shooting blindly. I've never really seen 3 bricks laying around in one area.

You knock them down and pick the brick back up :P

————

Editing to admit I forgot the brick can be leveled up. Not sure how effective base brick is.

President Evil on
  • Options

You knock them down and pick the brick back up :P

————

Editing to admit I forgot the brick can be leveled up. Not sure how effective base brick is.

Ah see the last time I hit the bug with a brick it basically was back up in shorter time than it would take to get the brick back.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ok just saw the trailer for Ghost Survivors and...so what is it a zombie gauntlet basically?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Its like 4th survivor, but with other people in different locations with new creatures and gimmicks.

• Options
    Ok just saw the trailer for Ghost Survivors and...so what is it a zombie gauntlet basically?

Have you seen or played the "Mercenaries" mode in any of the previous RE games, or the "Raid Mode" in the Revelations games?

In past versions, both Mercenaries and Raid Mode tended to be fairly "arcadey" and award points for headshots, multi-kills, accuracy bonus, and so forth. Generally they were "survive as long as you can while getting the biggest score that you can."

Ghost Survivors seems to be a new take on that idea, but with a greater emphasis on survival and a lot less arcadey nature. There's no running score that I've seen or anything like that. Maybe they give you a score at the end, I don't know yet. Trapped at work for a few more hours.

• Options
    Aw that kinda makes me sad. I was hoping for something a bit more than that.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    As someone who doesn't like 4th Survivor even a little bit, this is extremely disappointing...

Edit: And everyone loves poison mechanics (nope), so they added zombies that can poison you. Good times.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    As someone who doesn't like 4th Survivor even a little bit, this is extremely disappointing...

Edit: And everyone loves poison mechanics (nope), so they added zombies that can poison you. Good times.

I mean it is free I wasnt expecting a ton here.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Aw that kinda makes me sad. I was hoping for something a bit more than that.

I kind of wonder what future DLC plans Capcom have for RE2make. It's been a massive success so it's probably a good candidate for expansions, the most recent titles in the franchise have all had quite a bit of DLC, and Ghost Survivors coming out so quickly suggests they'd have time for more projects.

I don't think anything's been mentioned, though?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

Sure. I still think RE2 is a fantastic game. I just hate that GO GO GO pace. I would've preferred little 20-30 minute stories or something, even if all the storytelling was in notes.

• Options

Sure. I still think RE2 is a fantastic game. I just hate that GO GO GO pace. I would've preferred little 20-30 minute stories or something, even if all the storytelling was in notes.

I have a feeling those are coming. Maybe an Operation Ada type deal that explores other areas.

• Options
    I sure hope so. I need more Ada.

• Options
    Yeah I'll definitely buy any and all DLC for this game. So while I may complain.... Just... Inject more RE2 goodness into my veins!

• Options

They specifically recon her death so shes not a mutant so I'm curious to see how that all works. Also Wesker's sure to be involved

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I think we'll get more DLC support than just this; but it might be paid

• Options
    I think a really fun DLC would be a Birkin version of the No Way Out DLC in Ghost Survivors where you start off as G1 and you're just killing waves of zombies and Hunks and once you pass certain benchmarks in kills you get to evolve from G1 to G2 to G3 opening up more attacks.

• Options

They specifically recon her death so shes not a mutant so I'm curious to see how that all works. Also Wesker's sure to be involved
    ...Was Ada a mutant before? When did that happen?

• Options
    klemming wrote: »

...Was Ada a mutant before? When did that happen?

The way she dies in the original is being run through by Birkin. I assumed she pulled a Wesker and had a super virus in her.

• Options
    Leon and Claire got smacked around by Birkin. So long as they had some herbs or a first aid spray, they were fine.
    There wasn't anything official to give her powers, was there?

• Options
    Not that I know off.

This discussion has been closed.