Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Overwatch] Storm Rising

1568101145

Posts

  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    If Moira becomes the answer to Sym turrets D.Va will just eat all her balls before they can do it

    haha. Oh the idea of teammates ever helping turrets.

    BRIAN BLESSED
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    I eat Moira’s balls every chance I get even if it isn’t threatening our defenses. It denies her a huge part of her kit.

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    ChancePailryderKana
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    The only thing I want for Zen balance-wise is to not have to waste my time throwing the Orb of Harmony back on players who use status reset abilities like Wraith, Fade and Rewind

    It's a bunch of fucking busywork and I hate it every time I have to re-focus my targets

    I agree on this there's no reason to lose a buff because you used a cleanse ability. "Oh no I'm in trouble - thank goodness I can use my single defensive skill and relieve myself of these troublesome heals."

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knuckles
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I really feel that if junk rat dies while controlling his ult then it should cancel the ult, or barring that, explode where it is.

    steam_sig.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    I really feel that if junk rat dies while controlling his ult then it should cancel the ult, or barring that, explode where it is.

    I just think the RIP Tire shouldn't be able to turn on a time, avoiding deliberately aimed shots by jittering the mouse.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    Tbh the tire is such a weird thing in every direction I don't wanna touch it. It's bullshit that it does 600 compared to Pulse, but it's real easy to lose or waste and like Tracer a lot of junks will blow it to secure one good kill.

    Edit: omg but I came to post I just had 2 fun as balls games on route 66. On defense my brother wants to play Reaper so I go Zen, and really get my ass handed to me by their Pharah on the first check. Point B our Ham switches to Orisa and we hold it down, making them fight for every inch and I start gettin' some real work done, but I have terrible ult usage.

    Final point, we do an awesome job holding them and I pull off some stuff I'm really proud of, but they're like 10 meters from the end and when I die I switch to Tracer, come outta' spawn like a mad dog and one or two-clip everything in sight. Turn around, blink back to spawn, switch to Zen. Held 'em off for another minute, switched back in overtime, ended up 7 and 0 on Tracer for the game.

    Then went Tracer on attack, 29 and 3 and a 4k PotG it was awesome.

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knuckles
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    Chance wrote: »
    Musicool wrote: »
    Remember back at Moira's release all the Symms complained that orb could basically play minesweeper with turrets?

    Well now that they're 30 hp and easier to place, I feel like Moira could use that old feature back. It's super unfun on Moira trying to kill even one while the others fire at you.

    Moira's grasp does 30DPS, though - that's 1 a second ^.^

    Y'know what I don't like? Turrets, Bob and certain barriers - Ham's and Sound Barrier, specifically - not giving ult charge. Wait does Bob give ult charge? (Checks.) No. Fuck Bob!

    I'd like to see what would happen if they switched that up. Sym and Torb get ult charge for the damage their turrets deal, but I don't get ult charge from being the one guy on a team otherwise filled with fucking snipers that goes in and kills it?

    That's what we in the biz call a raw deal.

    Edit: and y'know what I especially like it for Bob because it would give him a frickin' downside. He doesn't have any, beyond a player's ability to tell him to jump off a cliff. Otherwise half or all the enemy team immediately turn to handle him, he pulls major abilities like hack and sleep dart, he dishes out mad O.G. Molten Core damage and he can take a point all by his lonesome!

    A lovely downside to that would be knowing that you probably just gave Hanzo his dragons.

    Sound Barrier does give ult I thought?

    As for turrets...yeah maybe.

    But Bob? Ashe instantly trash tiered. I'm going to call it "being Roadhog'd".

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    If Moira becomes the answer to Sym turrets D.Va will just eat all her balls before they can do it

    haha. Oh the idea of teammates ever helping turrets.

    I occasionally damage beam Bob. He's kind of a turret. I assume it helps? I should probably look that up.


    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    If Moira becomes the answer to Sym turrets D.Va will just eat all her balls before they can do it

    haha. Oh the idea of teammates ever helping turrets.

    I occasionally damage beam Bob. He's kind of a turret. I assume it helps? I should probably look that up.


    It 100% does - you can heal and nanoboost him too.

    Musicool wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    Musicool wrote: »
    Remember back at Moira's release all the Symms complained that orb could basically play minesweeper with turrets?

    Well now that they're 30 hp and easier to place, I feel like Moira could use that old feature back. It's super unfun on Moira trying to kill even one while the others fire at you.

    Moira's grasp does 30DPS, though - that's 1 a second ^.^

    Y'know what I don't like? Turrets, Bob and certain barriers - Ham's and Sound Barrier, specifically - not giving ult charge. Wait does Bob give ult charge? (Checks.) No. Fuck Bob!

    I'd like to see what would happen if they switched that up. Sym and Torb get ult charge for the damage their turrets deal, but I don't get ult charge from being the one guy on a team otherwise filled with fucking snipers that goes in and kills it?

    That's what we in the biz call a raw deal.

    Edit: and y'know what I especially like it for Bob because it would give him a frickin' downside. He doesn't have any, beyond a player's ability to tell him to jump off a cliff. Otherwise half or all the enemy team immediately turn to handle him, he pulls major abilities like hack and sleep dart, he dishes out mad O.G. Molten Core damage and he can take a point all by his lonesome!

    A lovely downside to that would be knowing that you probably just gave Hanzo his dragons.

    Sound Barrier does give ult I thought?

    As for turrets...yeah maybe.

    But Bob? Ashe instantly trash tiered. I'm going to call it "being Roadhog'd".

    Hm I was sure SB didn't. Must test!

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Sound Barrier does give ult charge.

    joshofalltrades
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Sound Barrier does give ult charge.

    Hm. Google seems to agree. You win this round, facts!

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Sound Barrier does give ult charge.

    Hm. Google seems to agree. You win this round, facts!

    I know it used to for most of the game's life, but I could have super ultra sworn that they changed that in one of the patches from the last few months to make it consistent with other temporary shields (so none of them give ult). But for the life of me I can't find it posted or listed anywhere. Maybe I just dreamed it all...

  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 13
    I got another legendary last night ... reinhardt! I didn't really care so much about his event skin although I love the halberd I guess? Kind of a cool weapon for him. I'm out of free arcade boxes though and I want tracer so I am ready to grind it out. I will have that jaunty hat! I am at about 2800 coins so I should be able to just buy it before the event ends though.

    Also missing Hanzo, but ... meh. I"m also downloading apex legends though, but after watching some streams I don't think it's exactly my kind of game so I think it won't impact my thriving overwatch lifestyle. Although Anthem might for a bit.

    Of course, I had to try out the skin, so I had a rein vs rein match where we ultimately lost but it was really fun. I had a great highlight where I slammed 3 people, charge killed two and fire-striked a zen to death. HE had POTG from later on where I slammed FOUR squishies and was charging in to glory, only to be slammed and murdered by him hiding around the corner. I am 100% positive they knew my hammer was up, read that I was about to use it and let me charge into the trap. He/she/they also had a golden hammer so ... yeah. Well deserved win for them. I still don't quite grok how to push with rein, but he's fun in those moments where it clicks.

    Also, I am still murder on Orisa. 4 gold medals, most of my elims were 100% kills on aggressive squishies who keep thinking I won't point my gun at their head close range. We lost, but only because I can only carry so far (I am really aggressively average). You guys see what I'm doing here? SHOOT THEM IN THE HEAD. Also: shield. You might have noticed I have placed a shield here for your protection.

    soylenth on
    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Sound Barrier does give ult charge.

    Hm. Google seems to agree. You win this round, facts!

    I know it used to for most of the game's life, but I could have super ultra sworn that they changed that in one of the patches from the last few months to make it consistent with other temporary shields (so none of them give ult). But for the life of me I can't find it posted or listed anywhere. Maybe I just dreamed it all...

    Same - and while I'll still burn through a SB on someone who was low-health before Lucio dropped the beat just to try to kill them before they get healed up, I swear I'm like consciously ignoring SB'd targets in favor of those who missed it lately just because of the ult charge - like I remember looking at my ult charge and seeing it not move as I damaged someone.

    ...but Brutal tends to know their shit and Google agrees. I just don't know what to believe.

    @soylenth when an Orisa can land headshots you know it.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    soylenth
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Honestly, if you have the room to do it and even a modicum of support from your team, dancing around her shield works very well when you're getting dived.

    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    modicum of support from your team

    Well la dee dah with our fancy healers and peelers helpin' their tanks.

    I'm just kiddin' I'm peelin'.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    soylenth
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I know, I ask so much :p

    Chance
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I'm not a fan of the Battle Royale genre, but someone begged me to try Apex Legends because they swore, "It's Fortnite with Overwatch characters/mechanics!"

    Tried it for half an hour before I got bored. Seems like the Overwatchish abilities barely come into play and it's 95% identical to Fortnite.

    ChancePailryder
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    iiit's
    game dayyyy


    also if you haven't been keeping up during the offseason here's some vids to get you up to speed


    mightyjongyo
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the Battle Royale genre, but someone begged me to try Apex Legends because they swore, "It's Fortnite with Overwatch characters/mechanics!"

    Tried it for half an hour before I got bored. Seems like the Overwatchish abilities barely come into play and it's 95% identical to Fortnite.

    Not identical to Fortnite by any means, but yeah it is a Battle Royale game first. In particular, anyone being able to use the same guns and equipment is a core principle of that genre. Overwatch on the other hand is a game that was designed around every character having incredibly powerful abilities, with guns specialized around their kit. I remember first playing this game and being blown away by how crazy strong all the abilities were compared to TF2. Like, a character that can fly almost forever? A walking turret that can kill anybody near-instantly? Massive shields that block all damage? It's all busted as hell. But it works because everybody is designed to counter somebody else's OP shit.

    It has its pros and cons - one of the things I got sort of burnt out on in Overwatch is just how hard the counters are. Team comp is absolutely everything, to an extent you didn't see quite as much in TF2. So if you're stuck on a team with an incorrect comp against your opponents, you're not going to have a fun game.

  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    what i like is that there are really multiple counters to each person. Team getting disrupted by a bastion? Try sombra, tracer, junk, or our own bastion!
    About the only thing i'm really missing right now are more healer choices.

    Chance
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    They need to expand the avoid list. That will at least punish throwers and toxic players by making them unable to queue in a reasonable time, and would let reasonable players play together.

    TexiKen
  • TexiKenTexiKen Wanted Dead or Alive 50 BellyRegistered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    They need to expand the avoid list. That will at least punish throwers and toxic players by making them unable to queue in a reasonable time, and would let reasonable players play together.

    I've wanted something to point out the pieces of shit who leave games and not be teamed up with them. Unless Blizzard is willing to count that as gameplay sabotage (which to me is 100% accurate), I get so sick of such a light slap on the wrist in terms of just denying normal xp. At this point the silver portraits probably don't care about xp and they'd probably just buy loot boxes instead so if they leave they don't care.

    svGX1mU.png
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »
    They need to expand the avoid list. That will at least punish throwers and toxic players by making them unable to queue in a reasonable time, and would let reasonable players play together.

    I've wanted something to point out the pieces of shit who leave games and not be teamed up with them. Unless Blizzard is willing to count that as gameplay sabotage (which to me is 100% accurate), I get so sick of such a light slap on the wrist in terms of just denying normal xp. At this point the silver portraits probably don't care about xp and they'd probably just buy loot boxes instead so if they leave they don't care.

    Exactly. The toxic people (throwers, leavers, etc.) will get either long queue times or stuck with each other (which would be good). It's an actual punishment, which is how you create disincentives.

    At this point, I think Blizzard wants to do the bare minimum to be seen as doing something, but without doing enough to actually affect behavior and avoid blowback from toxic players.

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Also, to the genji in my last game, if you're at 10 health and 4 v 1, pop dragonblade and die instantly, it's not a good ult. Don't fight it, don't flame other people for asking you wtf you're doing. Just accept you fucked up and learn from it.

  • CoinageCoinage dance all crazy, whip my hair around all crazy Registered User regular
    The free tokens were updated to give 3 per hour, which is better if you're leaving the stream running but more inconvenient. Spitfire Fusion just started, it's hype

    My baba said that I'm not living right
    I said I'm trying baba
  • TexiKenTexiKen Wanted Dead or Alive 50 BellyRegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    I thought with all the stupid updates and that bullshit Bastion buff GOATS was supposed to be hindered, but it's been a near mirror GOATS going on in these first two maps, so I'm done, I'll check in on Houston tomorrow and that's it.

    Also I noticed they won't call GOATS "GOATS," they keep saying triple tank triple support.

    TexiKen on
    svGX1mU.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    New vid - fun in Mystery Heroes!



    And a Moira and a Sombra PotG from QP.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    emnmnmeH3Knuckles
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I thought with all the stupid updates and that bullshit Bastion buff GOATS was supposed to be hindered, but it's been a near mirror GOATS going on in these first two maps, so I'm done, I'll check in on Houston tomorrow and that's it.

    Also I noticed they won't call GOATS "GOATS," they keep saying triple tank triple support.

    Iirc it's named after some rando team that devised it first, ofc that wouldn't be confusing at all in the commentary

    (Also I hate the name and think it's stupid)

    Kwoaru
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Everyone's been predicting that even if a new meta is now viable, teams will still start out running goats. Teams have been practicing it for months and have gotten super sophisticated at it, new comps won't immediately be able to overcome that.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    ChanceBionicPenguinH3Knuckles
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    MrBody wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the Battle Royale genre, but someone begged me to try Apex Legends because they swore, "It's Fortnite with Overwatch characters/mechanics!"

    Tried it for half an hour before I got bored. Seems like the Overwatchish abilities barely come into play and it's 95% identical to Fortnite.

    I played 3 or 4 rounds and uninstalled. I like the characters, like the shooting, but it turns out I hate the battle royale format. Alternately boring and frustrating. Yet another game format that might work for me if I were at all social online or any of my real life friends actually gamed.

    Should get the tracer skin tonight. Will probably just be okay not having the Hanzo skin. I love hanzo, but that skin is very meh to me and I only really want it for completeness.

    soylenth on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I thought with all the stupid updates and that bullshit Bastion buff GOATS was supposed to be hindered, but it's been a near mirror GOATS going on in these first two maps, so I'm done, I'll check in on Houston tomorrow and that's it.

    Also I noticed they won't call GOATS "GOATS," they keep saying triple tank triple support.

    There was no chance Bastion was ever going to be a common component of any OWL team, even with his buffs. He'll get pulled out for surprise cheese/stall comps and that's it. He's just way too easy to counter by a properly prepared and coordinated team.

    Houk the Namebringer on
    BionicPenguin
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    The thing about OW meta problem is twofold.

    1. Teams will always play what's safest/they are more comfortable with.
    2. Blizzard's sledgehammer nerfs can be harmful at times.


    That said even though double sniper dominated last year you did see more picks as time went on.

    But yeah the one meta being the meta is something they still have to work out.

  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I thought with all the stupid updates and that bullshit Bastion buff GOATS was supposed to be hindered, but it's been a near mirror GOATS going on in these first two maps, so I'm done, I'll check in on Houston tomorrow and that's it.

    Also I noticed they won't call GOATS "GOATS," they keep saying triple tank triple support.

    There was no chance Bastion was ever going to be a common component of any OWL team, even with his buffs. He'll get pulled out for surprise cheese/stall comps and that's it. He's just way too easy to counter by a properly prepared and coordinated team.

    Case in point - NYXL just tried to run a Bastion/Orisa trap on the first point of Route 66 defense, and Boston went triple dive tank and destroyed it immediately. Bastion's great for pub stomping and that's about it.

  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    Bastion fix: Let him attach himself to any tank in turret mode. You know you want to see Winston jumping around with a bastion turret on his back.

    soylenth on
    ChancemightyjongyoNobodysanstodoH3Knuckles
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Its also just that when owl teams are in doubt, the answer is typically to go mirror comp. Figuring out the best possible counter comp is tough when you only have moments to do it, safer to just mirror whatever shit they're doing to you.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    215k viewers, and dey say that overwatch is dead
    Coinage wrote: »
    The free tokens were updated to give 3 per hour, which is better if you're leaving the stream running but more inconvenient. Spitfire Fusion just started, it's hype

    are drops enabled right now? i'm on twitch but don't see the little 'battlenet ID connected' badge

  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    Bastion fix: Let him attach himself to any tank in turret mode. You know you want to see Winston jumping around with a bastion turret on his back.

    Only if he can be comically scraped off on low ceilings.

    McMoogle
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Symmetra actually got played in OWL. The world is upside down, cats and dogs, mass hysteria.

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Symmetra actually got played in OWL. The world is upside down, cats and dogs, mass hysteria.

    Did the team that fielded her win?

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
1568101145
Sign In or Register to comment.