As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Early Access is live. Please mark spoilers. God speed, Freelancers.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I have Origin Access Basic, and the game still hasn't shown up as available yet in Origin. Anyone else?

EDIT - Never mind, I found the issue. If you have Access Basic, you have to actually go to the store page and download the trial separately, and it shows up as a new item in your library that's different from the pre-load (if you pre-ordered). So that's weird, but whatever.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Wow I was way off on who I thought some of the voice actors were. From the demo I thought that Mathias was voiced by the same VA that did Mordin, and I thought Owen was Shaun Hastings from Assassin's Creed. Happy to see Jack Breyer and Joe Lo Truglia though as I love me some 30 Rock and 9-9.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    lcs7as7eydnd.png

omg spoilers.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked before. But with Premier, Anthem still says unlocks on the 22nd? I don't see any other version to download. Searching just finds one option and it says it's already in library.

So if you preordered it and also signed up for Premier it's a bit "weird." I didn't have to do this process but I saw people talking about it, basically you need to go in and "upgrade" your copy. You can do this in Origin I believe if you click on the game, but you might have to go into the store. Also, if you just signed up for Premier it's probably worth restarting Origin. It's kind of convoluted but that's basically Origin for you.

That worked, had to restart origin, then I was able to get an "Upgrade" prompt. We'll see if this screws me next month when I cancel.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    PS4 preload happened last night, FYI.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Can anyone log in? I keep getting an error saying it's offline

Edit 1: Nevermind, just had to shut down and restart Origin like 4 times. I'm in, but can't play sadly until after work

Edit 2: No I lied, still can't get into the game.

Koreg on
    If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I have Origin Access Basic, and the game still hasn't shown up as available yet in Origin. Anyone else?

I just noticed now when trying to download the game on Basic, but it looks like Basic does not have access to the early launch. It has to wait until the 22nd for it's 10 hour trial.

I don't feel like waiting and subbed to Premier for a month.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Annnndddddd the servers are on fire lol. Ah well, the first day live game launch dance. Here we go.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    well i managed to get to the settings screen and it had saved my keybindings, which was nice

Didn't save any other settings though

• Options
    Cormac wrote: »

I just noticed now when trying to download the game on Basic, but it looks like Basic does not have access to the early launch. It has to wait until the 22nd for it's 10 hour trial.

I edited my post above, I was mistaken apparently. Go into the store page for Anthem and look for a separate download for just the Anthem Trial. You should be able to download it there if you have Access Basic and play it now.

I'm assuming whatever progress I make in the trial will carry over to my pre-order edition, but I guess we'll see!

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular

o_0. Might be just a glitch as literally it says on their advertising material that the trial starts today.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    No servers matching my configuration found

Wonder what my configuration is?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Dunno how many funbucks you need for items, but here's the cost.

o2ej76s.png

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I have a haircut appointment in an hour so y'all have till that's over to put the server fire out.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    EA's live status page says All Servers Offline, check back the 22nd. That's ominous lol. Wonder if EA didn't get the memo to turn the servers on. That'd be very EA-like as far as screw ups are concerned.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »

o_0. Might be just a glitch as literally it says on their advertising material that the trial starts today.

It's definitely playable now for the 10-hour trial.

I can't connect to any actual servers, but it sounds like that's an issue for everyone. But the game launches fine.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I got ten seconds of an actual loading screen that didn't immediately kick me out... then "server has shut down". :rotate:

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I didn't dislike the Anthem trailer thing. I get people wanting something more cohesive/coherent out of it, but it definitely felt like a movie trailer for my video game which wasn't a bad thing. My only thought is that it was low combat (which is the exciting stuff in a game), and I wonder how much money they spent on it considering I don't think it's worth that much marketing return.

I went back and watched the Halo live action trailers around 3 and Reach that I loved. They were campier, less fancily produced, but they evoked more of the gameplay functions so they got me more excited to play the game.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    hmmm they also didn't fix the black screen thing. I still have to hard turn off my machine to get out of Anthem. Fun.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I made it!

At least got to a cinematic

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options

I edited my post above, I was mistaken apparently. Go into the store page for Anthem and look for a separate download for just the Anthem Trial. You should be able to download it there if you have Access Basic and play it now.

I'm assuming whatever progress I make in the trial will carry over to my pre-order edition, but I guess we'll see!

GG me. Either I didn't see the trial button or my client didn't update to show it after multiple restarts. Still, I was pretty sure I was going to have to upgrade to premier by Saturday afternoon anyways to keep playing.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Nope, servers offline still for me.

and I "skipped" work for this!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    EA's live status page says All Servers Offline, check back the 22nd. That's ominous lol. Wonder if EA didn't get the memo to turn the servers on. That'd be very EA-like as far as screw ups are concerned.

Seems to be a mix of messages from Demo Weekend and full launch. I can not see them screwing this up for too long as they had a flawless APEX launch, which had more people, and in the Colossus livestream were talking about "being ready" for the Friday soft-launch.

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    is this one of those things where EA says 'we want to sell 7 million copies' but they don't want to pay for the servers to handle that

• Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Nope, servers offline still for me.

and I "skipped" work for this!

I would hope we had all learned this lesson by 2019. Don't get me wrong, I took today off as well, but I did so eyes wide open that it would likely be a dumpster fire today. Especially since BioWare has never launched or run a game like this.

• Options

GG me. Either I didn't see the trial button or my client didn't update to show it after multiple restarts. Still, I was pretty sure I was going to have to upgrade to premier by Saturday afternoon anyways to keep playing.

Don't worry, it is not an intuitive process to get to it. Why they set it up this way to be as obtuse as possible, I have no idea, but oh well.

I'll probably use up my 10 hours pretty quickly too, but there's no way I'm paying another $15 bucks when I already have it pre-ordered. Once I finish the trial I'll just have to wait in agony like everyone else.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I mean folks are streaming the game, so I would just keep trying.

• Options
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    No servers matching configuration. Nooooo

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I'm sorry for those folks that paid for the "early access."

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

We are literally within hour 1 of a 7 day early access period, my dude. Yeesh.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Yeah, even if the servers are on fire until day 6, EA can still claim everyone got their early access.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I don't know how anyone still, still expects an online game not to have at least an hour or two of issues as people get through the login/authentication bottleneck.

The problem is, and has always been, how shitty most network architecture is and there's not a gat dang thing that game devs can do about that.

• Options

Don't worry, it is not an intuitive process to get to it. Why they set it up this way to be as obtuse as possible, I have no idea, but oh well.

I'll probably use up my 10 hours pretty quickly too, but there's no way I'm paying another $15 bucks when I already have it pre-ordered. Once I finish the trial I'll just have to wait in agony like everyone else.

I was/am going to use the trial to see how the game was improved from the demo before I actually bought the game. Now I'll just use Premier for the month and see how I feel about the game then. Worst case I'm out an extra $9 when I buy the game.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

I was knocking EA. My apologies that my statement was not as directed as I intended.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Well I can happily report that the PC flying controls are WAY better than the demo. Way way better. I think people are still going to complain a little until they get used to them, but I actually feel like I can control very precisely where I want to go now.

• Options

I was knocking EA. My apologies that my statement was not as directed as I intended.

My bad!

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

No matter who you were knocking, it was still stupid. It just opened less than an hour ago. Show me an online-only game that hasn't had some kind of opening day jitters.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    They apologised, it's fine, cool down.

• Options
    I'm in. At least on the first mission. And my computer didn't explode!

Though my version number is 0.0.0. o_0

. . .also BioWare continuing in the tradition of DA:I.

This discussion has been closed.