As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Every point of armor is just as effective. It's most easily seen in this graph.
    latest?cb=20141112174620

Although to some extent it's less effective for each point. The first 300 doubles your health. The second 300 only increases it by 33%, then 25%, 20% and so on.

thinking about that last part in absolute health multipliers is misleading, think about it in terms of time to kill. Every 300 points of armor add another 1x multiplier to how long it takes to chew through your health. If an enemy with a continuous damage attack takes 1 second to remove all your health at 0 armor, it takes 2 seconds at 300 armor, 3 seconds at 600, 4 seconds at 900, 5 seconds at 1200, etc.

You have to think about the cost to other capabilities. If you had to balance for example Firepower and Health.
    You have a mod that adds 100% to stuff. Adding the first 100% armor will double your time to deliver firepower. That means 1x2. Adding another 100% would be 1x3, but if you add 100% firepower it would be 2x2 which is more effective.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    https://www.warframe.com/news/6th-anniversary-weekend-wars
    Warframe’s 6th Anniversary is fast approaching! To kick off the celebrations, get ready to declare war: a Weekend War.

Happening over three weekends starting in February, the 6th Anniversary Weekend War Event is made up of a trio of Gift of the Lotus Alerts, with an objective of killing as many of a certain enemy as you can. Take out enough enemies before time is up and you’ll unlock a Bonus Weekend in March for the whole community!

Each completed Gift of the Lotus Alert will also reward you with ten Relics that you can crack for a chance to earn Spira Prime, Nikana Prime, and Saryn Prime components.

Oh hey, Saryn Prime. That's good news.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Neo S10 Relics Contain
    Lex Prime Blueprint (Common)
    Saryn Prime Systems Blueprint (Common)
    Braton Prime Stock (Common)
    Spira Prime Blade (Uncommon)
    Nikana Prime Blade (Uncommon)
    Saryn Prime Chassis Blueprint (Rare)
    giphy.gif

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Yay, more ducats.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Did they say when those events were happening/which weekend? It would be so great if one of them was this weekend due to it being a long weekend.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Did they say when those events were happening/which weekend? It would be so great if one of them was this weekend due to it being a long weekend.

Weekend War 1: War on Lancers (February 15, 2 p.m ET - February 18, 2 p.m. ET)
    Reward: Ten Meso S9 Relics
    Bonus Weekend: Double Affinity Weekend (March 9-10)

Weekend War 2: War on Crewmen (February 22, 2 p.m. ET - February 25, 2 p.m. ET)
    Reward: Ten Axi N6 Relics
    Bonus Weekend: Double Credits Weekend (March 16-17)

Weekend War 3: War on Chargers (March 1, 2 p.m. ET - March 4, 2 p.m. ET)
    Reward: Ten Neo S10 Relics
    Bonus Weekend: Double Resources Weekend (March 23-24)

Meso reward is this weekend. Bonuses aren't until March though.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Im much more interested in saryn parts than boosters, save the one that doubles resource drops. And while i need to i wont be looking forward to running tethys for hours trying to stock up on orokin cells.

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    That is a really pretty forest

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Has this been posted yet? Hopefully they'll work on primary/secondary switching too ;o

Kamar on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    TetraRay wrote: »
    That is a really pretty forest

A good and solid trunk on that screen.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Nice Boat.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    So ... Switch clan/players ... is there anywhere we can message each other, other than here (don't want to waste space having discussions here), or clan chat (which I have only seen a conversation like ... once). Since the game doesn't seem to have anywhere normal clan members can leave messages to other clan members. I would rather not use this forum as a means of contacting other Switch clan members ... or even other PA Switch players in general. I know the Warframe community is great but I think PA players are a cut above the rest.

You would think that a bulletin board 'inside' the dojo would be a good idea. I could post a request for help or just a message to my clan mates, arrange meeting/play times, etc. Or maybe I'm just being obtuse and there is a way buried deep ... DEEP in the game and the game just doesn't want me to know. I guess since DE doesn't have dedicated servers that it would be ... difficult ... but they are keeping track of all the research, clan resources, and dojo state somewhere right ... Right?

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It sounds like a discord would be perfect for th hat.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    The ability to leave survivals at will can't come soon enough. Was trapped until the 50 minute mark on Titan because when I was going "Ok. 20 minutes and we got 5 orokin cells. Lets get out of here" they were all "noo. Longer".

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    It sounds like a discord would be perfect for th hat.

The problem with setting up a discord channel for the clan would be that I'd feel slightly guilty about never bothering to join it. The setup that we have now works perfectly fine for my needs, which mostly involve purchasing blueprints.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    There's already a Warframe Discord for PA.

Edit: specifically, there's a Warframe channel on the PA Discord.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    We can always set up a Warframe announcement channel on the main PA Discord for all our stuff so that things don't get lost in the general channel.

I don't want to set up another discord for a PA game tbh. There's no real reason to keep fracturing the PA stuff. We'd have a stronger Discord community presence if all the various PA Discords merged into the main one.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I mean pointless chatter is 80% of why this is here. Don't feel bad.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    We can always set up a Warframe announcement channel on the main PA Discord for all our stuff so that things don't get lost in the general channel.

I don't want to set up another discord for a PA game tbh. There's no real reason to keep fracturing the PA stuff. We'd have a stronger Discord community presence if all the various PA Discords merged into the main one.

There's already a warframe chat channel in discord, #space_robutts. I have everything else muted there

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    My radio scanner in the ship just gave me a weird message, complete with captions. I guess they're adding new lore bits for these weekend events.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Hrm. So you can't polarize things to have Umbral polarity yet. With that in mind, what polarizations do you suggest for Paracesis? I'd still LIKE to use the Umbral mods on it just to make it into an ultimate Sentient murder machine, but I might not be able to if I'm ever able to max those mods :\a

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hrm. So you can't polarize things to have Umbral polarity yet. With that in mind, what polarizations do you suggest for Paracesis? I'd still LIKE to use the Umbral mods on it just to make it into an ultimate Sentient murder machine, but I might not be able to if I'm ever able to max those mods :\a

This is the build I use, and it fucking owns

345E03E01AC86BEA579F2A8C526B4AC0786DFDFD

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    A bit overkill on the forma?

Edit: oh right. It gainst stuff from being polarized 5 times doesn't it...

Fiendishrabbit on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    A bit overkill on the forma?

The more forma you put in (up to 5, I believe), the higher it's total level and capacity goes, above and beyond any other weapon in the game.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Mind you. This build would work on a Gram Prime as well. You'd need to forma it 3 times, but it would have even more crit and even more damage. But less anti-sentient stuff.

Fiendishrabbit on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    No blood rush?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    12 hours into the "war" and we're already at 25%. The Grineer are having a very bad day.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    The ability to leave survivals at will can't come soon enough. Was trapped until the 50 minute mark on Titan because when I was going "Ok. 20 minutes and we got 5 orokin cells. Lets get out of here" they were all "noo. Longer".

Staying forever on Survival is so boring. I should get to doing that Lotus alert but it's half a bloody hour...

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    No blood rush?

Fo reals. Take off Fury and slot in BR on that.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    12 hours into the "war" and we're already at 25%. The Grineer are having a very bad day.

Well figure theres the survival mission everyone is doing to get the relics, and the most popular map in the game is hydron. They stood no chance.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    No blood rush?

Blood rush practicly requires that you also equip Drifting Contact/Gladiator Rush. So IMHO you either use the Sacrificial pressure/steel combo OR BR/Combo. Not both.

It's also a matter of style. Are you going to use your melee weapon a lot? Or just occasionally. For occasional use this is a better build, but for dedicated melee nothing matches bloodrush.

• Options
    I hate how people keep repeatedly using unrefined Meso S9s. It feels like they're stealing from me.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    No blood rush?

Blood rush practicly requires that you also equip Drifting Contact/Gladiator Rush. So IMHO you either use the Sacrificial pressure/steel combo OR BR/Combo. Not both.

It's also a matter of style. Are you going to use your melee weapon a lot? Or just occasionally. For occasional use this is a better build, but for dedicated melee nothing matches bloodrush.
    Well, there's also condition overdrive or whatever it's called, but noone has that.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »
    I hate how people keep repeatedly using unrefined Meso S9s. It feels like they're stealing from me.

I got a pouch on my first radiant and got the neuroptics on another relic i was doing to go from 29-30 on a weapon. My other 9 are just kinda whatever at this point. Now the next 2 weekends will be more important because i still need saryn prime

• Options
    Well, I've used all 10 of my radiant S9s, and only got one pouch out of it. I guess I'm at the mercy of everyone else and their ignorantly unrefined relics now.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »

I got a pouch on my first radiant and got the neuroptics on another relic i was doing to go from 29-30 on a weapon. My other 9 are just kinda whatever at this point. Now the next 2 weekends will be more important because i still need saryn prime

You need two pouches.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    haha... I didn't know that mission was 30 minutes starting at level 30 and I took my recently forma'd Isaac in there with MR fodder weapons I was working on and it was amusing. they couldn't really kill me, and I couldn't really kill them... heh.

hes level 16 now though.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    PSA: The PA Discord (linked in the OP!) now has an announcement channel. Feel free to post any clan/alliance business or Warframe news y'all have in it!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Meet my new kitteh, Poinsettia! Feels good to finally get that smeeta after my fourth try.
    j7lujnjxbhg8.png

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
This discussion has been closed.