As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Early Access is live. Please mark spoilers. God speed, Freelancers.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    I'm sorry for those folks that paid for the "early access."

We are literally within hour 1 of a 7 day early access period, my dude. Yeesh.

I was knocking EA. My apologies that my statement was not as directed as I intended.

No matter who you were knocking, it was still stupid. It just opened less than an hour ago. Show me an online-only game that hasn't had some kind of opening day jitters.

Apex Legends?

Seriously though, if my attempt at a mildly amusing comment was off the mark, I will strive to recalibrate for the future.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Only took me 25 min after launch to get in

Much better than I expected, honestly

I've played through the first expedition now, and it was great!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Yeah the demo was fun. But actually knowing what I'm doing is even funner. Also the game looks REALLY good on Medium if folks have slightly less beefy machines.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    For anyone with the Black Screen issues (seems to be newer TV's with Dolby Vision). Downgrading my driver to 399 seems to have fixed the issue. The newest Nvidia driver didn't fix it.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Dunno how many funbucks you need for items, but here's the cost.

o2ej76s.png

A full armour set is 850 shards. So about $8.50

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So I've been worried about the story and characters since the get-go, but the game is starting strong. I find Owen pretty personable and funny. Especially his sort of The Fonz gestures.

vamen on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    So I've been worried about the story and characters since the get-go, but the game is starting strong. I find Owen pretty personable and funny. Especially his sort of The Fonz gestures.

Owen is awesome so far. All the dialog I've encountered so far is way less wooden than what was in the demo.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So is getting around town a lot smoother then it was in the demo?

• Options
    So for some reason I have 4 unlocks and can unlock every Javelin

And I don't just mean that they're all available, but I can have them all unlocked at lvl 2

This feels like cheating. I had my unlock order figured out and everything

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

Sprint still doesn't do much, but your base speed is much higher

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

Yes. Still no sprint, but the default move is much quicker, and you feel more "attached" to the world if that makes sense.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I know a few people have had trouble getting into the game but once you're in it feels smooth? I got in just fine and I've literally had 0 problems. It's super smooth and I've done a couple missions already. Flying is improved, I might have to tweak settings a bit still but my immediate reaction wasn't to grab a controller so it's certainly better.

I'm really, really digging the game so far.

• Options
    That. . .was a fun introduction to the game. This is Looter-Shooter Crack straight into my veins.

• Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Been more invested in The Division 2 coming out, but this game just won't stop nagging me in the back of my brain. I can't possibly play two looter shooter games at same time, can I? Inconceivable.

Still don't like the aesthetic of flying around that much... but it seems a bit more toned down than Warframe insanity.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    I know a few people have had trouble getting into the game but once you're in it feels smooth? I got in just fine and I've literally had 0 problems. It's super smooth and I've done a couple missions already. Flying is improved, I might have to tweak settings a bit still but my immediate reaction wasn't to grab a controller so it's certainly better.

I'm really, really digging the game so far.

Servers seem to be fully stabilized. I'm now able to log out and back in at will. Your settings from the demo don't carry over, so be prepared to set all your key bindings again. Also, don't forget to turn off Chromatic Aberration and Motion Blur if you dislike that sort of thing.

The worst bug I've seen is that subtitles seem to break if you toggle them off and then on again.

Aside from that, I've played the intro and it's good fun. Like Kyanilis said, M/Kb controls are much improved. I definitely won't be playing with a controller. I'm AitchTM on Origin, and I'll playing on and off all day, so hit me up if you want to group up with a derpy Interceptor.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Rhah wrote: »
    Been more invested in The Division 2 coming out, but this game just won't stop nagging me in the back of my brain. I can't possibly play two looter shooter games at same time, can I? Inconceivable.

Still don't like the aesthetic of flying around that much... but it seems a bit more toned down than Warframe insanity.

It's much more toned down than Warframe. Flying around feels like it has more weight - much less floaty and flippy, if that makes any sense. It does a great job of making you feel like you are in a 1000+ pound suit of metal but still like a freaking super hero. I really do think they nailed the Iron Man simulation.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

I was able to get in at 11 AM and it's been super smooth since!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    So that armor pack cost isn't unreasonable (not sure what is in the armor pack) but its inline with other games. Now the question is how long does it take to accrue in game credits to buy the same items.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Can anyone comment on optimization improvements?

I'm running an overclocked i5-4690k with a gtx 1070 but I struggled to get consistent 60 FPS in the demo at 1080 p on mostly high settings.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Echo wrote: »
    Dunno how many funbucks you need for items, but here's the cost.

Just a note, these prices are for Canadian Funbux, US FreedomBux prices are below.
    i0QQAFm.png

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Just FYI sprint does add the tiniest little bit of extra speed in Fort Tarsis.

• Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    So that armor pack cost isn't unreasonable (not sure what is in the armor pack) but its inline with other games. Now the question is how long does it take to accrue in game credits to buy the same items.

It's almost as if the internet totally overreacted to an image that they said wasn't accurate.

Who would have thought.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    How smoothly does the game alt+tab in and out from fullscreen? I recall is basically crashing during the demo if I did that.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options

It's almost as if the internet totally overreacted to an image that they said wasn't accurate.

Who would have thought.

eh, it still is EA. They get no good will from me. Still want to know how long it takes to get enough in game credit to buy the cosmetics.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    OK so far the writing and voice acting is golden.
    I've chuckled more than once.

Sandwhiches.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm so glad you guys are having fun! I have to keep my game time like measured out because I'm a console we only get 10 precious hours.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Guys, seriously, please no spoilers. Especially not punchlines to jokes.

• Options

Who would have thought.

eh, it still is EA. They get no good will from me. Still want to know how long it takes to get enough in game credit to buy the cosmetics.

fwiw I started with 40k and have earned nearly 3k more in like 2 hours of playing, including the tutorial. The armor sets that run ~$8 cost 61k coins. Obviously we'll see how this pans out at max level, the rate will probably be more when you can target activities that give more. So far, my feeling is that you could probably earn enough to buy an armor pack a week pretty comfortably. And that's not even counting the weekly alliance bonus.

• Options

Who would have thought.

fwiw I started with 40k and have earned nearly 3k more in like 2 hours of playing, including the tutorial. The armor sets that run ~$8 cost 61k coins. Obviously we'll see how this pans out at max level, the rate will probably be more when you can target activities that give more. So far, my feeling is that you could probably earn enough to buy an armor pack a week pretty comfortably. And that's not even counting the weekly alliance bonus.

thats not too bad, what was the cost on vinyls and such

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    How smoothly does the game alt+tab in and out from fullscreen? I recall is basically crashing during the demo if I did that.

Seems to be spotty for me. Testing it from the main screen, the first couple times it just showed a black screen. I was able to alt-tab back in every time though. The 3rd time I did it, I was able to successfully minimize it.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    COOL, I've got the basic access, I've got Anthem pre-loaded, aaaaaaaand

No way to enter the game. Windows release date: Feb 21st.

For fucks sake

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

Who would have thought.

thats not too bad, what was the cost on vinyls and such

For anyone curious about the store page:
    mP8hs3K.png

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Question, this may have been answered already in actual Q&As but I'm not sure I've seen the answer. Does the entire free play area scale to your level? I know you set the difficulty you play it at but are there areas that potentially have enemies significantly above your current power level?

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Guys. It's good!

• Options
    Already had my first great squad moment with a friend. I chose Storm as my initial and he chose Ranger. We were joking about how he got more experience from an expedition because he had to work harder, while I just floated around and snapped my fingers to watch things die.

Much to our amusement, one of the first Arrival animations you can unlock for storm...is the Storm materializing in a flash of lightning and snapping his fingers. We laughed for a good five minutes.

• Options
    . . .and the writing is good. I'm sold on "The Anthem" and the craziness that we'll get to see out there.

But boy is my rig not suited for group play. Those intro missions were deceptive.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Man the pc controls for flying are night and day with what they had in the alpha and demo. BTW for those curious, that very first tutorial mission in the game was the first thing you did in the alpha. No idea why it wasn't in the demo, it did so much for me to both show me how to play the game and to get me to buy in to the world and lore they were setting up.

I just got back to Fort Tarsis and am in the middle of customizing my character and unlocking my javalin. If anybody wants to feel free to hit me up to go do robot things. Trask90 in origin.

edit- ok maybe "customize" was a bit too strong of a word to use.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Mail spoilers
    Damn. Guess even robot mercenaries get spam and chain emails.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Hmm might cough up the subscription fee and play, unless you cant get access anymore?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Hmm might cough up the subscription fee and play, unless you cant get access anymore?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm 99% sure you can. They would be crazy not to let people pay in now that they see their communities and friends playing.

This discussion has been closed.