As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I thought the first MP Bumblebee was pretty perfect. What was the rationale behind doing a new version? Is this one more cartoon-accurate than the first one?

That Blackarachnia looks pretty good, but I think I could do without those nipples.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Yeah it seems that they are trying to make the Masterpiece line more cartoon accurate. Other than that it is anybody's guess why they are going back and remaking Bumblebee.

As someone who likes the MP line, I'm now rethinking my purchases of Transformers given my space restrictions. Especially given what I want versus what I have room for.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Pre-ordered MP Bumblebee 2.0 and Takara Siege Jetfire

Because I hate having money

yTJbB9z.jpg

TFW has pics

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/12/takara-tomy-masterpiece-mp-45-bumblebee-ver-2-official-stock-images-382559#images

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/12/takara-tomy-siege-sg-25-brunt-sg-26-jetfire-stock-images-382614

Jetfire looks really basic, with the bare minimum of articulation, but he looks cool and unlike the previous Generations Jetfire, he doesn't look super hollow. Also he has wrist swivel and ankle tilt so that's neat. Still wish he had the antennas on the side of his helmet face

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Yeah, I pre-ordered BB from Amazon Japan. Not sure if I want him (or the new Optimus Prime), but put my pre-order in just in case I change my mind. I am going to wait to pick up Jetfire (Skyfire) in the store hopefully. Him plus Omega Supreme are two that I have to have. I also have to pick up Mirage, Soundwave and the tapes from Siege.

Plus I'm a sucker for Transformers. My wife even sarcastically told me she was shocked that I pre-ordered Bumblebee and Bluestreak.

Also I don't buy the 6" black series much (got a few) but this is really cool.
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/88261

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    $30 for a battle droid, damn, that's gotta be a BBTS markup. Trying to capitalize on people wanting to troop build? Scummy if so

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited February 2019
    $30 for a battle droid, damn, that's gotta be a BBTS markup. Trying to capitalize on people wanting to troop build? Scummy if so

Oh I'm sure it is a mark-up. I just look at the images and wait for them to show up at GameStop or Hasbro's eBay shop (or if I'm lucky in a store).

Edit: Looking at the others they have up. I'm going to assume that MSRP is something like $19.99 or are they $24.99?

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    My Siege Prime has two left hands.

Because why the fuck not.

8aVThp6.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    143999 wrote: »

Careful now. He may be an enemy stand user.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That sucks, you should get it swapped out

It's a really fun figure, basically replaces Classics Prime as the mid-size Optimus, finally. I'm curious to see if it will get a ton of 3rd party add-ons

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    143999 wrote: »

Did you contact Hasbro? I heard they fix things like this if they have stock (which they should since he is still new).

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited February 2019
    Decided to back the MMC IDW Fortres Maximus figure because it looks cool and will have exclusive face options.

Assuming it reaches the crowdfund target.

God I hope it does because it looks sweet.

http://www.planetsteelexpress.com/R50token/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXzzK2oLlFs

They'll need to release a good IDW Trailbreaker as well though

35jMIBv.jpg

EDIT: Actually I'd rather a larger IDW Autobot Megatron that's MP scale than Trailbreaker. MMC already have a voyager size, but given that this Fort Max figure is going to be enormous, but not a Megatron?

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    I hope that he does make the mark. The guy who designed it posts on TFW and seems really cool. As much as I'd love to have IDW TFs, I'm trying to restrain myself as much as possible. The Iron Factory Bluestreak is tempting me though... Before that was a Swerve.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Yeah I was about to come and post that. You can preorder it (in the USA) from the new Hasbro store.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/preorders/products/transformers-generations-transformers-collaborative-ghostbusters-mash-up-ecto-1-ectotron-figure

They also have some of the TF deluxes showing up for $9.99 like before if anybody is interested. Also put in a preorder for the Bluestreak since they have it up and free shipping (way cheaper than any other site that I could buy from). Cancelled my BBTS order which included the coin (but I don't care).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Decided to back the MMC IDW Fortres Maximus figure because it looks cool and will have exclusive face options.

"800 backers will need to make a non-refundable deposit of *HK$400.00 (around US$50.00) to bring this project to life. "

I want it, but I don't want to lose fifty damn bucks if it fails to meet goal

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Yeah I was about to come and post that. You can preorder it (in the USA) from the new Hasbro store.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/preorders/products/transformers-generations-transformers-collaborative-ghostbusters-mash-up-ecto-1-ectotron-figure

They also have some of the TF deluxes showing up for $9.99 like before if anybody is interested. Also put in a preorder for the Bluestreak since they have it up and free shipping (way cheaper than any other site that I could buy from). Cancelled my BBTS order which included the coin (but I don't care).

Damn, missed the $10 deluxes. Again.

But I did preorder the Ecto-1 Transformer. I pretty much had to.

Oof, $40 for Ectobot, and it seems like a pretty basic figure too. That's rough

Does anyone have experience with that PlanetSteelExpress site? I don't think I've ever heard of them before.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Schide wrote: »

Damn, missed the $10 deluxes. Again.

But I did preorder the Ecto-1 Transformer. I pretty much had to.

That's ok. People are wondering if Hasbro is cancelling the $10 pre-order prices since there are some orders getting cancelled. Either that or they oversold since the prices are now fixed at $19.99.

Also read that the Ecto-1 will be also a GameStop exclusive so might be able to find one there (or eventually finding one discounted).

oosik_betsuni.png

"800 backers will need to make a non-refundable deposit of *HK$400.00 (around US$50.00) to bring this project to life. "

I want it, but I don't want to lose fifty damn bucks if it fails to meet goal

"*All deposits will be refunded in full if backer numbers not met
    **if we get 1200 backers in the 30 day period the final price will drop to HK$1569.00 (US$200.00)"

Granted, I'm still wary about this as well, but I can always force a refund via paypal if they don't comply as I've saved the webpage including url as a pdf as proof their agreement

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Ah, I missed that part! Thank you. And looking around, I guess PlanetSteelExpress affiliated with MMC? I was curious why the crowdfunding is going through that store

It's not expected to release until March 2020, damn

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    I didn't think it was possible for an "upgrade" kit to make me dislike a figure even more, but the DNA kit for PotP Predaking somehow achieved this.

Really can't be bothered getting pics, so here's my feedback without it:

The set comes with two replacement ratchet pieces, a bunch of small weapons which combine into a big sword, a "spine" back filler, new wings, and new hands.

The ratchet piece is really good, but I only needed it for the left shoulder. The right shoulder is already good.

The big combined sword is too heavy for the arms even with the new ratchet and can't be firmly gripped with the new hands, resulting it it falling out easily.

My sword's hilt is crooked so I guess I'll have to get a hair dryer to loosen the glue and try to remove it from the base of the sword.

I didn't even bother with the "spine" back filler because it looks dumb and the shockwave labs filler is much better. Speak of, the hand spikes from that set no longer attach to the original hands as the plastic has warped, so that ended up being a totally useless accessory.

The new wings are bigger and articulated but don't look right because the articulated "feathers" are too thin and only spread out at the ends of the wings. I also feel the orange base of the wings is too big, making the thing feathers look even worse in comparison.

The hands slide onto the mushroom peg of the original figure and are very articulated but the fingers can't properly grip the hilt of the sword because they're pointy and the big palm piece prevents the smaller finger joints from wrapping around the hilt. Or maybe the fingers are just too long. The four fingers are also all the same fucking size. Does DNA designs not know what what the anatomy of the hand is? It looks incredibly awkward and lazy.

Overall this set was an overpriced waste of money

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Wow. That sucks that the set is that bad. Wonder if you can even get your money back from that. Guessing not since they technically delivered something. Thank you for posting your experience with it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Basically if you want to upgrade your potp titan Predaking just get the Shockwave labs kit over the DNA designs kit, but don't expect anything from the hand spikes add-on because it's rubbish.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    edited February 2019
    That sucks about the predaking add-on. He is actually on sale over at hlj supposedly as wlel if people want to predaking

Also fakebusker is producing some additional add-ons. I kinda want to to get these if they work with other lines

These cyberverse toys look pretty good. And an official scraplets toy!

Sorry for essentially live posting fakeeyes Twitter feed but he has some cool photos. I really like the MK robo ninjas and the gears figures look good. The face sculpt on Marcus looks better than the most other photos I've seen

WingedWeasel on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Hasbro pulse’s Ectotron page is now 404ing :(

edited February 2019
    Nobody wrote: »

Now that people had time to actually look at them as opposed to mid workday Friday I'm not surprised. Then again smart phones so I dunno. Hopefully it'll be back up later today.

Unrelated: anyone see a good picture of smashdown? Apparently he turns into what looks like the magnus hammer. Weaponmaster that is s hammer instead of a firearm seems hilarious

Edit: while these Godzilla figures seem really cool I'm way more interested in those diorama buildings

WingedWeasel on
    Basically if you want to upgrade your potp titan Predaking just get the Shockwave labs kit over the DNA designs kit, but don't expect anything from the hand spikes add-on because it's rubbish.

Yeah, at this point I think I'll just leave Predaking the natural gappy way he is. Plus I sort of don't care since it is more for the "nostalgia" and playing since he is on the ground for my Niece and Nephew to play with.

Oooh, yeah man those robot ninjas look good. I noticed the sign saying pending approval under them. Hope they get approved since I will be tempted to pick up the Cyrax since he was my favorite.
    Nobody wrote: »

Yeah, either he is sold out or they took it down till sometime this weekend for the people at the Toy Fair to get a chance to buy it (since there is a QR scan code right next to the display). Now I'm regretting not buying one since the box is an awesome G1 type box!!! ARG!

Here's a better photo of Smashdown @WingedWeasel

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/16/siege-smashdown-and-caliburst-revealed-383006

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited February 2019
    These look interesting. If they are that all rubber kind of setup I think they might be pretty good

Also that smashdown looks awesome. Don't really care about the other guy but Minotaur that turns into a hammer?

Sold

Edit: one thing I'm confused by - hasbro toy shop was not actually Hasbro correct? My understanding is Hasbro pulse is the replacement but is it still technically a 3rd party or what?

WingedWeasel on
    So I just got in Buster Stealthwing, and of course I read the specs and saw some pics but I still just didn’t realize how big it was. Being armor for Striker Manus/Noir, I just expected it to be the same size, but no, it’s huge

and very awesome! Even if it wasn’t armor, I’d still really like it for the bot and jet modes. The transformation between the two is pretty solid, not as simple as I anticipated.

Anyway, here’s a pic next to Siege Sideswipe and Optimus for a sense of scale:
    wpkyht3oynq3.jpeg

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    That thing is crazy awesome looking! Also huge. Wow.

As I understand it, HTS was Hasbro, but they also had other shops as well as that site which they wanted to consolidate. Which is why we have Hasbro Pulse now.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Just saw some in hand pics of Seige Jetfire and it looks to be even better than I expected.

I didn't think it would have waist swivel but it does! That means even better poseabilty! Also the ugly peg hole in the hands for holding the guns retract

jZkElp5.jpg
    TqoeObR.jpg

Also Omega Supreme looks a million times better than the promo pics and doesn't have that weird bug eye face.
    YH8PcJX.jpg?1

I'm so friggin hyped for these two mainline figures

I might order try to order Omega Surpeme from another store though instead of HLJ as there's not much difference right now between the JPY and USD when converting to AUD.

For instance my Seige Jetfire preorder HLJ is is a fuck ton more expensive than the american retail price even after the currency conversion. This is a 80USD (112AUD) figure, but the takara version is 14400 JPY (currency about 182AUD) I might sure getting it from a US store would have higher shipping than Japan.

I'm actually very tempted to cancel my pre-order from HLJ and get Jetfire from TFSource instead. Especially since mainline figures are just the same between Hasbro and Takara these days

P2n5r3l.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Nevermind, saw it posted up thread

WingedWeasel on
    edited February 2019
    Just be warned about using a CC on TFS. I recommend using PP to be safe.

Man those photos just made Jetfire and Omega Supreme go from yeah I have to have them to heck yes!!!

Edit: Woo Hasbro pulse for the win! Just got them pre-ordered. Well left Omega off since I'm sure he'll go on sale, but not Jetfire. Also snagged Mirage and Thundercracker while I was at it.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    edited February 2019
    Just be warned about using a CC on TFS. I recommend using PP to be safe.

Man those photos just made Jetfire and Omega Supreme go from yeah I have to have them to heck yes!!!

Edit: Woo Hasbro pulse for the win! Just got them pre-ordered. Well left Omega off since I'm sure he'll go on sale, but not Jetfire. Also snagged Mirage and Thundercracker while I was at it.
    When using paypal, would still be ok to use my credit card as the payment method, or will I need to use paypal funds?

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Yep I used them with a CC through PP so it should be ok.

Oh man. There was a brief display at the Toy Fair that showed a 35th anniversary version of Siege Optimus and Megatron painted in cel shading, Soundblaster and Bluestreak. I can't wait for the Bluestreak.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I might wait for a response from 'Oh My Primus' before I commit to cancelling my HLJ preorder and ordering through TFSource.

Ideally I'd like to deal with a currency conversion closer to the AUD so I can try to save a bit more.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Here’s a shot in robot mode to show the size. He’s a big guy. Really dig it, it’s like if RotF Mindwipe showed up in a Brave series
    7qcspqvwyoid.jpeg

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.