As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Did my Dream Select picks. Took Locke USB1(!) and Laguna LMR. I need imperil fire and Mustadio USB doesn't fit too well on the team compared to Locke AOSB/OSB/USB1/Glint/LMR. Laguna LMR is basically to prevent him from needing to use meter on his SSB imperil.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So I’m thinking that my best bet for Adamantoise will be:

Fujin (Burst, Overstrike)
    Vivi (Ultra)
    Alphinaud (Chain, Glint, Burst, Super)
    Larsa (Ultra, Burst, Supers)
    Onion (UltraWIS)

Confuse and Interrupt are annoying statuses, but Larsa can block them if he can spam his Ultra. Fujin is my only wind magic Overstrike, and Raging Storm might be useful when the boss buffs himself. I might end up needing to grab Fujin’s Enwind Soul Break off of the acolyte archives.

Quistis or Gogo could be alternatives to Onion, if Entrust is not needed, but I’ll need to try to fight to know that. Alternatively, I might forego an extra MAG buff at all and field Larsa and another healer

Enlong on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    hecatoncheir dead in 12 seconds, now i've sub 30 the entire outer wheel

missing a magic dark chain for madeen

Beasteh on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

What was your Adamantoise kill with?

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Have to a
    KiTA wrote: »
    I'm running through the realm dungeons, the original stuff. There must have been a rebalance because some of these things that I thought were too hard to master are faceroll now.

But more importantly I'm gaining stamina gems so fast I literally cannot run out of stamina. Every time I get close I get 5 more and refill. I almost hit 400 stamina yesterday, and even now just barely dipped under 300, and there are more gems coming. Did the FF15 stuff, then the FF7 spinoffs, FF13-2, and now the FFX-2. And that's just starting from the start of the flowchart and going down.

I need to stop and take inventory of what items I have, what I need from those special Tutorial book roles, etc etc, and start in on Nightmare, but... aaaah, more dungeons.

There's also the hard mode stuff to clean out, too. Not to mention just grinding realm dungeons is a great way to be swimming in mythril.

Nightmares are still a pain in the ass, but I've decided to hold off until I get people loaded up to high levels and have some selections and breaks to choose from so I'm not just getting rolled out there by not having the right characters/breaks/hones. Why yes, I did get my ass handed to me by Nightmare CPU four times yesterday, why do you ask? I swear, either I'm not doing something right or this thing is just troll-level hard...

I'm also trying to clean out space from my ability box... which stinks because I can literally make an excuse for hanging onto pretty much anything in here (from 3-star black magic to some 1-star abilities simply because they can invoke effects I can't otherwise get). On the plus side, I haven't had to create or hone much of anything in a long while, so I've got plenty of orbs and stuff to go around.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FF11-1: what else but failure.

However! Daily hit! Raines LMR dupe. Oh well. Rainbow shards are inching closer.

Also made my USB selection at the last possible moment. I would've felt real stupid if I got my choice on a Daily Draw afterwards :rotate: Since Syldra has indeed been killed, I went with Fujin USB to complement her AOSB for Tortuga. Hopefully it'll let me kill the damn thing at least, which would then open up a host of options for me to go back and clear older content with power creep. The gears are beginning to move.

Data for posterity:
    10 misses in a row

39/366 lifetime

1/16 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is -9 under EV, which is catastrophically bad, but it's just a game!)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB (twice!).

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Have to a
    KiTA wrote: »
    I'm running through the realm dungeons, the original stuff. There must have been a rebalance because some of these things that I thought were too hard to master are faceroll now.

But more importantly I'm gaining stamina gems so fast I literally cannot run out of stamina. Every time I get close I get 5 more and refill. I almost hit 400 stamina yesterday, and even now just barely dipped under 300, and there are more gems coming. Did the FF15 stuff, then the FF7 spinoffs, FF13-2, and now the FFX-2. And that's just starting from the start of the flowchart and going down.

I need to stop and take inventory of what items I have, what I need from those special Tutorial book roles, etc etc, and start in on Nightmare, but... aaaah, more dungeons.

There's also the hard mode stuff to clean out, too. Not to mention just grinding realm dungeons is a great way to be swimming in mythril.

Nightmares are still a pain in the ass, but I've decided to hold off until I get people loaded up to high levels and have some selections and breaks to choose from so I'm not just getting rolled out there by not having the right characters/breaks/hones. Why yes, I did get my ass handed to me by Nightmare CPU four times yesterday, why do you ask? I swear, either I'm not doing something right or this thing is just troll-level hard...

I'm also trying to clean out space from my ability box... which stinks because I can literally make an excuse for hanging onto pretty much anything in here (from 3-star black magic to some 1-star abilities simply because they can invoke effects I can't otherwise get). On the plus side, I haven't had to create or hone much of anything in a long while, so I've got plenty of orbs and stuff to go around.

Nightmare CPU only has 255k hp, can you just kill it with RWing an Arcane Overstrike?

(it's a puzzle battle; if you haven't already, you might want to check out the AI script)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Which Magicite are easiest to take out without having the previous element 5*?
    I already have Lightning Done, but still can't take out Geocities. Haven't tried Belias, have 0 water magic.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Which Magicite are easiest to take out without having the previous element 5*?
    I already have Lightning Done, but still can't take out Geocities. Haven't tried Belias, have 0 water magic.

Anything you have a chain for, would be my guess. Hecatoncheir is supposed to be relatively easy, but that might just be due to Cloud being overpowered.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I Have Cloud USB BSB2 Glint OSB, Zack Chain, Zidane USB1, Bartz USB1 Elarra/Relm USB, Tyro Godwall and its not enough. *shrug* I guess I could be doing it wrong. He kills me around 24-26 seconds everytime.

I have Locke Chain, Tidus Chain, Kain Chain, Sera and Rinoa Chain.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I Have Cloud USB BSB2 Glint OSB, Zack Chain, Zidane USB1, Bartz USB1 Elarra/Relm USB, Tyro Godwall and its not enough. *shrug* I guess I could be doing it wrong. He kills me around 24-26 seconds everytime.

If I had the stuff you have, I would probably try to modify this setup I found on reddit. Use your BSB2 and/or glint instead of USB2. If Bartz isn't getting it done, try swapping in Zidane, see if that makes anything better. Presumably you don't have Typhon/Chupon to use as active, so I imagine that Tiamat would be the best alternative.

Saw a comment on another clear that you want to have Elarra re-haste immediately in phase 3 after the quake that removes haste, then have Elarra on standby with USB, possibly firing it off in the middle of a combo attack.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    LOL omg, they gave 5 Mythril away for the FFXI pull. No, Dena, I'm not gonna pull on this banner. All in Team Sora.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    LOL omg, they gave 5 Mythril away for the FFXI pull. No, Dena, I'm not gonna pull on this banner. All in Team Sora.

Maybe you'll get everything for Sora and have some leftover to pull on FF11?

• Options

When are you summoning Typhon, if you are? I had trouble surviving the last phase until I started using Typhon shortly before the phase change, such that he’d still have Earth Braeak active for the savage looms.

• Options
    I only have BK, Q, Famfrit, and Phoenix for 5*. I was bringing Unicorn. I assume Typhon would help a lot for passives if nothing else but I'm not sure I have any chance of taking him out either.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I did Heca without Typhon or Syldra, but I was able to just drop massive damage via AOSBs to push through the last phase so that might not be a viable option. Not rushing in the beginning, and saving the big stuff for the end is the strat that worked for me.

• Options
    Yeah I think I could easily finish He cat on chair if I had an AOSB for Cloud or Bartz.

I'm wondering if I might be able to do Typhon.

I have almost all of this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/a7ud2b/mmastery_survey_5_magicite_dungeon_typhon_vi/ecn604n/
    I have Sera chain which is better? and Shan-Totoro instead of Matoya. Only thing they are up on me is 5* Ice Magicite.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I only have BK, Q, Famfrit, and Phoenix for 5*. I was bringing Unicorn. I assume Typhon would help a lot for passives if nothing else but I'm not sure I have any chance of taking him out either.

With Famfrit and Tidus you could tackle Belias, or with Phoenix and Locke try Manticore.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Having Mateus to break Chupon's enrage is real flippin' important. You do not want that guy acting nearly twice as often when his whole mechanic is Sneezing your team out of the fight.

Fry on
  • Options

With Famfrit and Tidus you could tackle Belias, or with Phoenix and Locke try Manticore.

I'm not seeing a team I can replicate for Belias. I have no water magic or onion Musb. Only have maria to doublecast.
    Fry wrote: »
    Having Mateus to break Chupon's enrage is real flippin' important. You do not want that guy acting nearly twice as often when his whole mechanic is Sneezing your team out of the fight.

How is Mateus without Belias then?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

I'm not seeing a team I can replicate for Belias. I have no water magic or onion Musb. Only have maria to doublecast.

How is Mateus without Belias then?

Sounds awful. Mateus is VERY tanky, and NulFires away its Fire weakness.

• Options
    Sounds like I'm stuck for 45 more days then.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Maybe 7? Who knows what KH will bring.

• Options

Maybe 7? Who knows what KH will bring.

Imagine if the banner had a realm chain on it.

• Options
    Will have to see. I have a lot of stat boosts for non KH characters.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Laguna or Aerith for my usb draw. Aerith seems sort of a waste because i have her usb1, but her usb1 is pretty medicore and isn't good enough for the ???. Laguna would help on Syldra, but still probably not enough oomph to get over that hump.

Dark horse Ovelia USB for almost assured FFT sub-40 on the ??? while still getting a last stand healer, something I've never gotten.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    One consideration is that Aerith USB2 is more usable elsewhere, unless you already have Elarra USB.

• Options
    Aerith USB 2 is everywhere clearing everything. I'd get that.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I remember several months back seeing someone's D$$$ win with Aeris USB1, but I don't remember what else they had (presumably the full Cloud+Zack package).

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    There's certain fights which Aerith USB2 is better than Elarra, specifically because it includes last stand. Even if you use literally no physical attacks so the quickcast lacks use, too.

*looks directly at Belias*

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I do have Elarra USB, and use it constantly. Otherwise I'd just get that because I think it's the best item.

You can beat D??? on 7 with aerith usb1 but you need the cloud aosb to skip phases, which I don't have. You can beat it with the usb1/2/glint if you have aerith usb2 to last stand the stuff that you would otherwise skip.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Power creep will let you skip more with Cloud USB1 as time goes on - remember that Magia, legendary weapons, and Madeen are all still on the horizon, none of which require any specific gacha luck. Also that stuff'll help the other members of that team to contribute more, assuming they're not already capping everything.

Edit: also, Magia will help a ton with survivability if you grind hard enough. Extra base HP, Def, res for everybody, and more MND for Aeris heals

Fry on
  • Options
    Power creep will let you skip more with Cloud USB1 as time goes on - remember that Magia, legendary weapons, and Madeen are all still on the horizon, none of which require any specific gacha luck. Also that stuff'll help the other members of that team to contribute more, assuming they're not already capping everything.

Madeen does kinda require a good deal of Gacha luck. If only because unlocking 5-star Holy magicite requires beating every 5-star Lightning, Water, Fire, Ice, Wind, and Earth magicite.

• Options
    Complete sidenote:

Strago's legend dive "chance to medica on taking a hit" is really nice.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    shit can't you vault abilities?????

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular

edge onion fujin elarra alph

• Options
    shit can't you vault abilities?????

Nope.

Time to start shattering!

Or buy more space via mythril.

• Options

edge onion fujin elarra alph

Abilities and soul breaks, please? I’m sure I don’t have the soul break you used for Edge, but perhaps I can try a thing with Kelger.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Forgive me a moment to gloat:

I’ve WON! Adamantoise is dead!! I’ve conquered the outer wheel of Magicites, and have earned entry to Holy and Dark, once they exist! God, it’s refreshing to have this done. I can just put it out of my mind and focus on, like, actual events or something.

And because Adamantoise need only be cleared once to finish the wheel, and I’ve killed Zappy Bird just fine without his help, further clears of that fight can just sit on the back burner for eternity, far as I’m concerned.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Got my 12th Behemoth King. One nice thing about 5* magicites - there's so much less RNG that once you've got a working run, it's a lot easier to duplicate your success.

This discussion has been closed.