As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    I was hoping the patch would fix expeditions but it still crashes for me. Have only had 1 expedition slot since they added the mixer.
    It said they fixed it in the maintenance notice. Try clearing the game cache and restarting.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Also, I'm waiting to pull the 5+1 ticket and EX tickets until tomorrow so I don't accidentally get any of the new CNY units. They hit Qin hard with the NERF bat... RIP bards.

I should have done this. Used some EX tickets yesterday, got Yun #1. I guess it’s more bonus but I’m not gonna pull on this banner, Gumi, I mean it!

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I've never gotten anything worthwhile from a 5+1 ticket, so I just use them as I get them. Today's was, surprise, just TMR fodder.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Same, I got another Lotti, which was great, put me over 90% on her TMR.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Same, I got another Lotti, which was great, put me over 90% on her TMR.
    BiS non-STMR for all 7* mages. I have not pulled very man Lotti, so I have her in the regular farm team right now.

• SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    So this enhancement castle thing. Is this another "look at the wiki" kind of thing? I don't really know what to do with it.

Selner wrote: »
    So this enhancement castle thing. Is this another "look at the wiki" kind of thing? I don't really know what to do with it.

Looking at the wiki would probably be best. This event happens for a week each month.

The short version is you select a weapon to enhance, then set up a party that fights through a set of ten fights. Each fight takes an orb to enter, and after winning you get to choose an enhancement to add to your chosen weapon. Higher levels have a slightly better chance for a stronger boost.

Since you just started out, it’s probably best to just use the “free” orbs to enhance whatever your best weapons are. Save any orb restoring items for later when you have more TMR level gear (and don’t use lapis to refresh).

Each item type has a “rare” enhancement that can randomly occur, but it’s only worth chasing after you have enhanced the weapons you generally use, and if you have a good item to work with.

Chasing the rare boost is frustrating enough to make you want to quit, but getting your party’s gear enhanced can be a real improvement.

Wooo, got a Rare on The Divine Art of War, with 5% and 7% Mag. Pretty much done with IW now haha.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Aw man. Ran Loren's STMR through and got the rare.... And not a single ATK for the rest of the run.

Ugh just how important is the extra 15% ATK? Lol.

edited February 2019
    Getting constant connection errors since the day rolled over

Edit: just got in

Edit the seconde: used the 5+1 and got Lila#2, used a dozen tickets on the CG Ignacio banner looking for the 4* but no luck

maraji on
    5+1 was garbage. Dropped 10 tickets for the 4* a d they were all blues. Ah well.

I got the rare IW enhancement on Tropical Delight this morning along with 5% MAG and 7% MAG. I'll take it! Now to try to get higher SPR rolls on Holy Wand and Nirvana.

Also, 5+1 ticket this morning gave me Kunshira #4! I really need trust moogles, but I also need to save 200% for Akstar when he comes out in a couple of months. I think I will start burning through some NRG pots to kick the TMR farm into high gear after I finish the story even missions.

Has anyone tried the Hog boss?

Hog Boss seems pretty easy. Just don't attack on turns when he puts up his Counter Attack prompt, and nake sure to have Fire/Light resist on your dudes along with physical cover. Preliminary reports say that damaging counterattacks do not proc his retaliation, I'll confirm when I run through it with a bunch of counterattacking jerks.

Also, bring magic damage, he's physical resistant.

MF!! I spent 500 lapis through the week staying below 3K. Went to bed last night at 2,100 and woke up to find I ended up at 3,069. Done with the Arena, for folks who get normal sleep it's nearly impossible to stay under that number.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Are people using the 5+1 from yesterday? Or did we get another one somewhere?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, you have to have a 100% bonus unit for arena and lose a lot of sleep. This week is going to be tough for me since I only have 75% bonus. I am getting close to a rank up thanks to the CNY event so that will help a lot. I will not do any refreshes.

I just watched a video where Auron was counter-attacking and it was not triggering the AOE rampage from the Hog boss.

edit: Any requests for friend unit for the Hog boss or Ignacio boss rush? I still have Auron setup from the FFX farm event.

Tiphares on
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Was this something everyone got? I don't think I got one... but I may have missed something...

Yeah I saved mine from yesterday in hopes of getting something new.

Selner wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Was this something everyone got? I don't think I got one... but I may have missed something...

It's a daily log in. You should be able to check the calendar on the main home page to see where you are at. If you miss logging in a day, it just pushes you back on the calendar.

I am going to kill the Hog Guardian during my lunch break if people could setup Hyoh on Ifrit with status immunity, lightning weapon, and a little bit of elemental resist (if possible). Thanks!

I'll set him up here in 10 minutes. Going to try with Zarg for the 60% resist all, but might see if someone can throw up a Seaside Nichol for that sweet Fire/Light buff and use T.Terra.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I am going to kill the Hog Guardian during my lunch break if people could setup Hyoh on Ifrit with status immunity, lightning weapon, and a little bit of elemental resist (if possible). Thanks!

You will literally do 10x more damage using a mage or a hybrid unit. That said, the pig guy is a pushover. My WKN with 100% Fire and Light, geared for defense, made the fight impossible to lose. Loren helped with breaks. I didn't bother with putting up break defense or dispelling the breaks on my units. At the end of the fight, my units were barely touched. Just have someone use Lakshmi's Stop immunity ability. You could probably forgo the healer and bring 2 Type-0 units to finish the esper mission quickly. Then two chains will kill the boss. Two because there's a hard threshold at 50% and he'll heal back up to 100%.

TeaSpoon on
    edited February 2019
    Yeah. I didn't have time to take on the fight. I spent a bunch of time trying to get my party setup. I won't be able to take him on until tonight or this weekend. I will probably change my strategy to use a hybrid or magic attacker to chain tornado since I could use 7* Rem to knock out the summon mission faster. I'm not sure what friend unit I will need yet. Thanks @Trajan45 I have a 6* SS Nichol that I could setup, but it would be a few hours before I can get him up and running.

Tiphares on
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    According to the Gamepedia page, the boss has two different counter attack patterns. The first time you trigger it, he removes ATK / MAG breaks from himself, does an 80% ATK / MAG break on you and then does an AoE MP drain. The second time you trigger the counter, it's The Dragon's Destiny instakill move. Looks like ability based counters do count for triggering his counter, as Lilith's counters caused him to do the first counter on me and he wound up draining all my MP. Because of that, I had to force an ending by killing him once I regen'd enough MP with a Loren and Malphasie chain with Ang LB capping (that basically 100-0'd him after he'd healed himself).

I need to redo it for some of the missions, so I'll have to swap out Lilith and just take him slow. He was pretty easy otherwise. Breaking his ATK / MAG and having some light and fire resistance makes him hit really weak.

Zomro wrote: »
    According to the Gamepedia page, the boss has two different counter attack patterns. The first time you trigger it, he removes ATK / MAG breaks from himself, does an 80% ATK / MAG break on you and then does an AoE MP drain. The second time you trigger the counter, it's The Dragon's Destiny instakill move. Looks like ability based counters do count for triggering his counter, as Lilith's counters caused him to do the first counter on me and he wound up draining all my MP. Because of that, I had to force an ending by killing him once I regen'd enough MP with a Loren and Malphasie chain with Ang LB capping (that basically 100-0'd him after he'd healed himself).

I need to redo it for some of the missions, so I'll have to swap out Lilith and just take him slow. He was pretty easy otherwise. Breaking his ATK / MAG and having some light and fire resistance makes him hit really weak.

You're over thinking it. The counter attacks only happen when you've hit the 50% threshold, which activates his second attack pattern. Just take your time doing the esper missions, then take 2 turns to kill it. You'll only spend 1 turn in the second attack pattern. That stuff with the breaks and whatever, it doesn't matter because it'll be dead. Because it has a piddly 15 million HP and 80 Spr.

Yeah, Piggums dies SO FAST. I just auto-attacked through the first phase until I had summoned two Espers, and then just 2TKO'd it completely avoiding mechanics. For damage dealers I used Malphasie and a friend Fryevia, mismatched elements and all, didn't matter. Piggums died from full like halfway through the chain.

edited February 2019
    Even with his higher DEF, physical damage is still easily usable against him. I had to do the fight for a third time because I completely missed that one of the missions is no LBs. I used Garnet to fill the esper guage and used her LB to make it faster, which bit me in the ass. Last fight I used two Angs who would dualcast Beast Slayer Arrow and Azure Arrow, and then follow up with dualcast Power Arrows and he went down pretty quick.

Zomro on
    Yeah he's really easy. Two Fryevias made short work of him from 100% to 0 (whenever he refills his health). It looks like it's probably better to bring M Ramza over WKN just for the physical cover all.... But if you break him and buff your team you should be good. I had Ayaka on Barrier duty, and tossed a few reraises in for good measure.

So, when are we expecting Fountain of Lapis to come back around? Through answering surveys I have $7 in google play credit, and I won't say no to a free 5500 Lapis.

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I missed the LB one even though I knew it was mission related but I'm not sweating missing 10k coins. Got what I wanted with everything else so its all good.

Went in with Wilhelm for cover and mag break, zarg for resistanes, ayaka for mp and stop resist, Rem for mp conversion when he mp burned me, and hyoh/friend hyoh to punish him.

On to the story event now.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I should get to doing this thing. How is the tank situation? Better to bring physical cover with magic provoke, or physical provoke with magic cover?

Steam ID: Right here.
    Drascin wrote: »
    I should get to doing this thing. How is the tank situation? Better to bring physical cover with magic provoke, or physical provoke with magic cover?

He does magic and aoe physical and ST physical. But if you buff light/fire resist and break his atk/mag you might not even need to worry about magic. I went in with WKN with high def and 100% fire/light resist, used provoke to get the ST attacks and his magic cover for the magic. Broke his attack and had barrier up. At 50% he does some strong attacks that may have wiped me if I didn't have reraise on Ayaka. So keep reraise up, bring some hybrid/magic damage and you should be good.

I used physical cover and just buffed light/fire resist. I let ATK/MAG breaks drop off at one point and he killed my friend unit who was a slightly squishy Fryevia but everyone else survived handily. Just keep him broken and he'll do laughable damage throughout. Even slightly well geared magic/hybrid units can destroy him easily. Would have been a 2 turn fight if not for the "Summon 2 Espers" mission for the staff.

I did the same as @Cruor . Sieghard evade with a little bit of fire/light resist. Fryevia and A. Fryevia trashed him when they were allowed to attack. Everyone on the team had 30% fire and 30% light resist (which is really easy to get) and Seaside Nichol buffed 70% resists. No one took any damage. It really didn't matter what friend unit I took, but I brought an Auron to buff the whole party on the kill turn. Rem did the summon esper thing. No healer needed really.

I did the same as @Cruor . Sieghard evade with a little bit of fire/light resist. Fryevia and A. Fryevia trashed him when they were allowed to attack. Everyone on the team had 30% fire and 30% light resist (which is really easy to get) and Seaside Nichol buffed 70% resists. No one took any damage. It really didn't matter what friend unit I took, but I brought an Auron to buff the whole party on the kill turn. Rem did the summon esper thing. No healer needed really.
    Same strategy here:
    Wilhelm : tank
    Kryla : breaks
    Zarg : stop resist
    CG Fina : resists
    Fryevia & friend Fryevia : damage

Was overkill, really. Friend Fryevia had -50% fire resist but was taking only like 1k damage after mag break and zarg buffs

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I'm quite enjoying this new event. The robot's dialogue is pretty funny.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    I was hoping the patch would fix expeditions but it still crashes for me. Have only had 1 expedition slot since they added the mixer.
    It said they fixed it in the maintenance notice. Try clearing the game cache and restarting.

I tried completely reinstalling the game on Android and it's still crashing. Maybe I'll use my work phone and try IOS

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Hm. Alright then. Let's try to go with physical cover and then have Loren keep him thoroughly broken. Time to scrounge for some fire resists - Yan can't get full resists up until I fill LB, after all, and my general experience has been that the more you need an LB the less the game sends LB crystals that character's way, so I figure I'll need some basic fire resist to get by the first couple turns. Beyond that, it sounds very doable.

EDIT: Guess who was the dumbass who forgot to put a Ribbon on his primary damage dealer. This guy! Damnit.

EDIT EDIT: Well, done. With Terra perma-paralyzed I had to give up on the no limit break thing if I wanted to get this done before the heat death of the universe though, sadly.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    What the fuck. There's a little robot guy!

I usually skip the story, so I have no idea what's going on, but there's a little robot on the screen right now. It's adorable. Can I get him? He's probably useless as a unit, but I think I'll throw a few tickets at the banner to get the robot.

TeaSpoon wrote: »
    What the fuck. There's a little robot guy!

I usually skip the story, so I have no idea what's going on, but there's a little robot on the screen right now. It's adorable. Can I get him? He's probably useless as a unit, but I think I'll throw a few tickets at the banner to get the robot.

That's PNK-2, he's one of the 4* units on the banner. Has a pretty good hybrid TMR, an accessory with +35 ATK and MAG and Auto-Limit.

This discussion has been closed.