Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Overwatch] Anniversary Event! Free Legendary!

1679111269

Posts

  • TexiKenTexiKen open the door Registered User regular
    so Shanghai lost, let the cycle begin again!

    bf3XTqy.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Symmetra actually got played in OWL. The world is upside down, cats and dogs, mass hysteria.

    Did the team that fielded her win?

    They took the first point on King's Row. They swapped after the first (?) fight to second point.

    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Chance
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited February 15
    Symmetra actually got played in OWL. The world is upside down, cats and dogs, mass hysteria.

    And Hammond is being used as a main tank and even a solo tank. And in a comp that you can easily convince players to run because it's 3-4 dps. I just did it tonight to counter a team running goats and we won!

    This is the brightest timeline!

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    ChanceCantidodavidsdurionsBloodySlothH3Knuckles
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck the search for the means to put an end to things an end to speech is what enables the discourse to continue ~ * ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) excelsior * ~Registered User regular
    against low cc teams that form balls like goats hammond is effectively immortal

    drops on them, huge knockup, activates a shield for 8jillion hp, the moment he gets even slightly low its BALL TIME FUCKERS and he just rolls off spamming emotes to cause maximum emotional damage, mines inside 2picoseconds, etc

    hes so underrated

    obF2Wuw.png
    PailryderDragkoniasKana
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Yeah. I make people so mad with Hammond that they switch to Mei, Sombra and McCree.

    He's a weird tank in that he tanks by being annoying as shit.

    PailryderNobody
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck the search for the means to put an end to things an end to speech is what enables the discourse to continue ~ * ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) excelsior * ~Registered User regular
    if i have a mei or hammond on my team in comp its 100% win rate

    especially mei

    i just focus on keeping her alive and the enemy team just tilts out of existence

    obF2Wuw.png
    Pailryder
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah. I make people so mad with Hammond that they switch to Mei, Sombra and McCree.

    He's a weird tank in that he tanks by being annoying as shit.

    I always found Orissa to be a great counter to hammond, well maybe low tier hammonds in my case. Her goop messes with their positionings and her shield negates his mines really well.

    Gooping a hammond mid-pildriver and having them miss is super satisfying. I'm not even 100% sure it does anything, i just like doing it. And then obvious when they try to run away.

    steam_sig.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    ...why "goop"?

    9MpLNPA.jpg
    Steam: MightyPotatoKing/King of the Impossible - Battle.net: PotatoKing#1893
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    ...why "goop"?

    Because my yoni deserves only the finest jade.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Nobody
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    ...why "goop"?

    Its a green, sticky ball.

    steam_sig.png
    Chancesoylenth
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    My eyes are bleeding from the bright white menu background, but even if they weren’t I still wouldn’t be able to read the white text on white background.

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    BRIAN BLESSED
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Ayyyyyyyy.



    I missed it but good on em. Go Home team!

    ?username=KoopahTroopah&theme=light

    Steam - Battle.net - Koopah089 - PSN/Xbox - 1639-6388-9968/KoopahTroopah - Switch
    H3Knuckles
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    I've found ELO hell. It is around 1900-2000 SR.

    It's not what they say. It's not some impenetrable ceiling no skill can pierce. I know I can break though eventually.

    But it's certainly a point of resistance. The popular perception of the situation is caused by the feeling when you have a losing streak and each time is continuous staggering, no communication, no coordination, no ult synergy, and tanking only by last-second begrudging rein swaps because nobody actually wants to.

    A night of nothing but this can be absolutely discouraging, and make you forget about last time where you won 5 straight games and everyone was cool and called shots and worked together.

    I'm not going to complain about it or insist something must be done. That would be a waste of time because it is an emergent property of any ladder. It's a combination of ordinary bad luck and the weird mixture of good and bad players that live here.

    ELO hell is real, but it is also fake.

    Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    sanstodoBRIAN BLESSED
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 15
    I've found ELO hell. It is around 2000 SR.

    It's not what they say. It's not some impenetrable ceiling no skill can pierce. I know I can break though eventually.

    But it's certainly a point of resistance. The popular perception of the situation is caused by the feeling when you have a losing streak and each time is continuous staggering, no communication, no coordination, no ult synergy, and tanking only by last-second begrudging rein swaps because nobody actually wants to.

    A night of nothing but this can be absolutely discouraging, and make you forget about last time where you won 5 straight games and everyone was cool and called shots and worked together.

    I'm not going to complain about it or insist something must be done. That would be a waste of time because it is an emergent property of any ladder. It's a combination of ordinary bad luck and the weird mixture of good and bad players that live here.

    ELO hell is real, but it is also fake.

    I assume you're playing tank/support for your team? If you're playing one and nobody wants to do the other, maybe offer to swap. It may also take some lateral thinking to figure out a character that works with your team's bizarre comp.

    Really though I think it's always best to just not stress about what your SR is and play as best you can. I feel like seeing that number is the worst part of competitive play.

    Zek on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    2000 SR is right around where I spend my entire match begging people to stop feeding and they solo ult in the middle of the enemy team, dying immediately

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    sanstodo
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    Zek wrote: »
    I've found ELO hell. It is around 2000 SR.

    It's not what they say. It's not some impenetrable ceiling no skill can pierce. I know I can break though eventually.

    But it's certainly a point of resistance. The popular perception of the situation is caused by the feeling when you have a losing streak and each time is continuous staggering, no communication, no coordination, no ult synergy, and tanking only by last-second begrudging rein swaps because nobody actually wants to.

    A night of nothing but this can be absolutely discouraging, and make you forget about last time where you won 5 straight games and everyone was cool and called shots and worked together.

    I'm not going to complain about it or insist something must be done. That would be a waste of time because it is an emergent property of any ladder. It's a combination of ordinary bad luck and the weird mixture of good and bad players that live here.

    ELO hell is real, but it is also fake.

    I assume you're playing tank/support for your team? If you're playing one and nobody wants to do the other, maybe offer to swap. It may also take some lateral thinking to figure out a character that works with your team's bizarre comp.

    Really though I think it's always best to just not stress about what your SR is and play as best you can. I feel like seeing that number is the worst part of competitive play.

    I did switch to Brig more often that I would have liked, usually to deal with 4 DPS being a bit too much, even for me (I'm a fan of 3 DPS). I do enjoy playing Brig a lot, but everything else being equal I'd rather Mei.

    I don't swap to Orisa except as an absolute last resort because 1) I'm just fantastically bad at tanking in general, and 2) There's few things worse than playing tank and being completely ignored by the team. I completely understand why so few people want to sit in that seat. High stress, low reward.

    edit: I can't think of a reasonable solution to the tank population problem. With the way you can switch heroes in the middle of the game, there's no reasonable mechanism to bribe people into playing tank more. Plus, what kind of tank. Orisa and Winston have almost nothing in common except large health pools. This seems to be a cultural problem more than a game mechanical one.

    Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Hammond might be that solution. People seem convinced he's "fun to play" or somesuch.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    I'm convinced he's inscrutable. I think the only hero I understand less is Doomfist.

    That's being said Mei is such a complete hard counter to his roll-in-a-circle antics that I'm okay with that.

    Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    Fencingsax
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I really like Orisa though. When she came out it felt like Blizzard designed a tank specifically for me.

    The reason I'm bad at tanking isn't that there's no tank hero I like. The reason I'm bad is that I'm bad at babysitting my teammates. As in, I'll run up to the choke point, check behind me to see 4-5 players, and start to charge in. Then I get focused on the fight and fail to notice that I've been abandoned and/or they all died already. It's basically tunnel vision. When I'm NOT tanking, all I really have to keep track of is the tank. I can keep tabs on one player.... trying to keep tabs on 4-5 while also doing tank things is a bit much for me.

    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    I've found ELO hell. It is around 2000 SR.

    It's not what they say. It's not some impenetrable ceiling no skill can pierce. I know I can break though eventually.

    But it's certainly a point of resistance. The popular perception of the situation is caused by the feeling when you have a losing streak and each time is continuous staggering, no communication, no coordination, no ult synergy, and tanking only by last-second begrudging rein swaps because nobody actually wants to.

    A night of nothing but this can be absolutely discouraging, and make you forget about last time where you won 5 straight games and everyone was cool and called shots and worked together.

    I'm not going to complain about it or insist something must be done. That would be a waste of time because it is an emergent property of any ladder. It's a combination of ordinary bad luck and the weird mixture of good and bad players that live here.

    ELO hell is real, but it is also fake.

    I assume you're playing tank/support for your team? If you're playing one and nobody wants to do the other, maybe offer to swap. It may also take some lateral thinking to figure out a character that works with your team's bizarre comp.

    Really though I think it's always best to just not stress about what your SR is and play as best you can. I feel like seeing that number is the worst part of competitive play.

    I did switch to Brig more often that I would have liked, usually to deal with 4 DPS being a bit too much, even for me (I'm a fan of 3 DPS). I do enjoy playing Brig a lot, but everything else being equal I'd rather Mei.

    I don't swap to Orisa except as an absolute last resort because 1) I'm just fantastically bad at tanking in general, and 2) There's few things worse than playing tank and being completely ignored by the team. I completely understand why so few people want to sit in that seat. High stress, low reward.

    edit: I can't think of a reasonable solution to the tank population problem. With the way you can switch heroes in the middle of the game, there's no reasonable mechanism to bribe people into playing tank more. Plus, what kind of tank. Orisa and Winston have almost nothing in common except large health pools. This seems to be a cultural problem more than a game mechanical one.

    I've found that you basically have to play a hero that has carry potential (zen, any dps, hog, etc.) and just use superior skill to win fights. That said, I've lost a ton of fights where i've opened 2 picks and the rest of my team basically lit itself on fire.

    Chance
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Also sucks: getting blamed for not breaking a shield when I am literally the only one shooting at the shield. Like..............I can break a shield as junkrat, sure, but not if I'm the only one shooting at it.

    Chance
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Tell them fine and you'll switch to Sym to make sure to break it.

    Everything is coming Symmetra.

    ChanceFencingsax
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Tell them fine and you'll switch to Sym to make sure to break it.

    Everything is coming Symmetra.

    lol good point. Sym 1 trick coming up.

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    It's rough to be the MT and need to be the peel tank at the same time. That's what your Zarya/D.Va/Hog/Soldier/McCree/Mei are for. Like, a Tracer blinks behind your shield, you've got a frickin' Orisa, Soldier and Ashe shooting you from the front - do you turn around to protect your supports from Tracer and die to the triple focus fire from the front, or do you hold that line and hope your McCree handles it?

    You gotta' hope your McCree handles it.
    I'm convinced he's inscrutable. I think the only hero I understand less is Doomfist.

    Think of Hammond like the Tracer of tanks. He comes in, screws up your day and disappears around a nearby corner before you can kill him. He should show up at inopportune times for the reds - times they aren't expecting him - and the moment he smashes into a team from behind or above, all his buds are also suddenly shooting from the front.

    Also being Anchor Tank isn't as much about babysitting your teammates (well, it is for D.Va and Zarya I think) than it is your teammates babysitting you. You just can't really MT without a dedicated healer backing you up and at least one DPS to focus with you. A Rein should not be swinging his hammer alone into a Reaper. If you don't have both, it's not your fault - it's because your teammates weren't keeping track of their tank.

    And that's why I don't tank.

    Those players and teams exist out there, absolutely, but you can't rely on them to be in every one of your games 'cause they won't be, and if you lock in based on that assumption, you might be staggering your way towards a doomed first teamfight which of course can doom an entire match. Outside of Mei and Hog, no tank is self-sufficient enough to carry on their own and swing a game with those kinds of teammates.

    So I lock Tracer, and let the team pick whatever the fuck they want. I go Mercy only when I'm feelin' like I wanna' sit in the backseat and just cruise, Zen when we've already got a primary healer and I'm feelin' affable, and Sombra when I lock Tracer and the other 5 go DPS too.

    Gotta' get that practice in. Sometimes it works out! That Sombra PotG in the vid I posted yesterday was from just such a game, and we full-held point A (though my team did eventually switch to healers and tanks after Sym, Genji and I established that we could hold things down).

    I can't remember the last time I played a tank outside of Mystery Heroes. Sometimes I'll Orisa when the rest of my team can't seem to imagine that a barrier may help Vs. triple-sniper. I really should Zarya more. I had a 22-0 Gold Gold Gold Gold + PotG MH game with her last month on Blizzworld attack (having 2 Brigittes and a Lucio may have had something to do with that, but Tracer Tracking still = Zarya Tracking, so dealing damage with her always feels very natural.)
    sanstodo wrote: »
    That said, I've lost a ton of fights where i've opened 2 picks and the rest of my team basically lit itself on fire.

    You and me both, brother. There's nothin' quite like slipping past the remaining enemy frontline, duelling and winning a 1 v 3 back by their spawn and looking up at the choke or payload or point and seeing absolutely no movement from your team.

    I appreciate that I'm off over here, not directly helping you - but you are losing a 5 on 3 teamfight, wtf are you guys doing!?

    ...which I suppose is very much like the disappointment of a tank who's holding their shield up to the enemy team only to discover no one's shooting through it.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Pailryder
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    It's rough to be the MT and need to be the peel tank at the same time. That's what your Zarya/D.Va/Hog/Soldier/McCree/Mei are for. Like, a Tracer blinks behind your shield, you've got a frickin' Orisa, Soldier and Ashe shooting you from the front - do you turn around to protect your supports from Tracer and die to the triple focus fire from the front, or do you hold that line and hope your McCree handles it?

    You gotta' hope your McCree handles it.
    I'm convinced he's inscrutable. I think the only hero I understand less is Doomfist.

    Think of Hammond like the Tracer of tanks. He comes in, screws up your day and disappears around a nearby corner before you can kill him. He should show up at inopportune times for the reds - times they aren't expecting him - and the moment he smashes into a team from behind or above, all his buds are also suddenly shooting from the front.

    Also being Anchor Tank isn't as much about babysitting your teammates (well, it is for D.Va and Zarya I think) than it is your teammates babysitting you. You just can't really MT without a dedicated healer backing you up and at least one DPS to focus with you. A Rein should not be swinging his hammer alone into a Reaper. If you don't have both, it's not your fault - it's because your teammates weren't keeping track of their tank.

    And that's why I don't tank.

    Those players and teams exist out there, absolutely, but you can't rely on them to be in every one of your games 'cause they won't be, and if you lock in based on that assumption, you might be staggering your way towards a doomed first teamfight which of course can doom an entire match. Outside of Mei and Hog, no tank is self-sufficient enough to carry on their own and swing a game with those kinds of teammates.

    So I lock Tracer, and let the team pick whatever the fuck they want. I go Mercy only when I'm feelin' like I wanna' sit in the backseat and just cruise, Zen when we've already got a primary healer and I'm feelin' affable, and Sombra when I lock Tracer and the other 5 go DPS too.

    Gotta' get that practice in. Sometimes it works out! That Sombra PotG in the vid I posted yesterday was from just such a game, and we full-held point A (though my team did eventually switch to healers and tanks after Sym, Genji and I established that we could hold things down).

    I can't remember the last time I played a tank outside of Mystery Heroes. Sometimes I'll Orisa when the rest of my team can't seem to imagine that a barrier may help Vs. triple-sniper. I really should Zarya more. I had a 22-0 Gold Gold Gold Gold + PotG MH game with her last month on Blizzworld attack (having 2 Brigittes and a Lucio may have had something to do with that, but Tracer Tracking still = Zarya Tracking, so dealing damage with her always feels very natural.)
    sanstodo wrote: »
    That said, I've lost a ton of fights where i've opened 2 picks and the rest of my team basically lit itself on fire.

    You and me both, brother. There's nothin' quite like slipping past the remaining enemy frontline, duelling and winning a 1 v 3 back by their spawn and looking up at the choke or payload or point and seeing absolutely no movement from your team.

    I appreciate that I'm off over here, not directly helping you - but you are losing a 5 on 3 teamfight, wtf are you guys doing!?

    ...which I suppose is very much like the disappointment of a tank who's holding their shield up to the enemy team only to discover no one's shooting through it.

    Yeah. I haven't won a game today because I've had several games in a row when I've opened with picks to watch my dps, scoped in, fall off the map for no reason, miss several open shots, or have my Ana so focused on shooting a shield that she heals nothing.

    It's been frustrating to have gold dmg, healing, and kills (as Zen or Hog) and be unable to win, game after game, because I literally cannot cajole my teammates into playing with a minimal amount of IQ.

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Well at least if you're gold every game your MMR is likely shifting upwards. As it does, you'll get better teammates (and better enemies).

    The folks I began having to fight after my accuracy went up last November are terrifying compared to what I had to deal with before, but my comp SR has only increased by about 200. Might be a side effect of only-ever doing placements, but still - when I'm in QP lately, I'm fighting some goddamned monsters.

    I can be a little monstrous but I'm never that monstrous.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    edited February 15
    I like playing Orisa over Rein most times, especially in pub games, because I find that I can throw my shield down and look around, lay down some cover fire, throw out some pulls to create space/opportunities, plus using fortify to survive through CC and facetank.

    But when I know I have a group of 1 solid support and 1 solid dps that I can trust, Rein is hands down better against most comps - you're much more confident going in swinging knowing you have a pocket heal and a dps that's paying attention and can capitalize on the openings that that creates.

    edit: though when literally no one is working with my shield, a lot of times I just go Mercy and pick a dps that's being somewhat effective and pocket/boost them. Might as well be useful and stay alive rather than keep feeding when my shield breaks with no teammates around to support me.

    mightyjongyo on
    Chance
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm really bad at Rein and probably haven't played a single minute of him since Orisa came out.

    But I just learned the other day his melee actually does more damage than everyone else's. I had to look it up because I died to it too often and too fast than seemed reasonable for a melee attack. Come to find out his is something like 300% better than everyone else's. Brigs is also better, but only by about 50%.

    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Well at least if you're gold every game your MMR is likely shifting upwards. As it does, you'll get better teammates (and better enemies).

    The folks I began having to fight after my accuracy went up last November are terrifying compared to what I had to deal with before, but my comp SR has only increased by about 200. Might be a side effect of only-ever doing placements, but still - when I'm in QP lately, I'm fighting some goddamned monsters.

    I can be a little monstrous but I'm never that monstrous.

    It hasn't worked that way for my teammates. I literally had my Ashe tell me that elims for DPS don't matter, and that he was performing fine even though I was outkilling him as Zen.

    Also outhealing my Ana.

    We lost, again. I can't help my teammates if they have no idea what good advice is (like, shoot at the pharah! don't scope in so much that you ignore the reaper murdering everyone around you! focus the bastion!)

    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I'm really bad at Rein and probably haven't played a single minute of him since Orisa came out.

    But I just learned the other day his melee actually does more damage than everyone else's. I had to look it up because I died to it too often and too fast than seemed reasonable for a melee attack. Come to find out his is something like 300% better than everyone else's. Brigs is also better, but only by about 50%.

    Rein: 75 dps huge AoE cleave.
    Brig: 70 dps small AoE cleave.
    Winston: 60dps huge AoE and unaffected by Genji's deflect.
    What's Torb? 50? (Checks) 55 per swing, 1.2 swings per second so around 60dps but a very small AoE cleave.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    That does not match my info at all. Now I have to go find it again. Stand by...

    source: https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Melee

    Not counting "melee ults"

    Standard Melee: 30
    Reinhardt Melee: 75 (250% better)
    Brigitte Melee: 35 (16% better)
    Winston Melee: 30 (not better)
    Torbjorn Melee: 55 (83% better)

    I did not know about Torb's melee being so good.

    Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    As much as I love playing Hanzo, him hopping around like a damn fool when playing against only makes me want to murder him more. Especially the ones that are hopping constantly and landing all their stupid headshots...

    Got Tracer, odds are low I'll get Hanzo, but oh well. He'll be cheaper next year if I REALLY want him. Did some murder on her just to try her out. Still fun! Although I died repeatedly to a zen last night who apparently never misses headshots. Jerk. Hopped on Widow just for fun. I feel like I probably need to fiddle with my controller sensitivity a bit for her again, but I'm still surprised to have some fantastic games on her. Last night I opened up my window after taking point A on anubis and had 4 gold medals. Whoo! (they got wise to me and I was unable to sustain this level of excellence, alas).

    In other news, I tend to change my skins en masse thematically. Aside from a few of the new event skins I like, I decided on a SF theme. Not enough SF themed skins IMO! Please fix top priority.

    soylenth on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited February 15
    That does not match my info at all. Now I have to go find it again. Stand by...

    source: https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Melee

    Not counting "melee ults"

    Standard Melee: 30
    Reinhardt Melee: 75 (250% better)
    Brigitte Melee: 35 (16% better)
    Winston Melee: 30 (not better)
    Torbjorn Melee: 55 (83% better)

    I did not know about Torb's melee being so good.

    Don't just look at the damage per hit. Brig is 35 per hit and 2 hits per second = 70 dps. Rein is 1 swing per second at 75 = 75dps.

    Edit: also no standard melee has cleave. Torb melee = 30 damage, single target. Torb hammer = 55, cleave.

    Damn I wrote Torb melee not hammer above. Torb's hammer does 55. His standard melee is equal to everyone else's.

    And of course Genji's dragonblade is 120 damage per swing, 1 swing per 0.9 seconds.

    Edit: also Winston primal rage - 40 per hit, hits multiple targets, 1.6 per second so slightly more than 60dps, but adding in a bunch of jump pack bursts brings it up further.

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    FencingsaxH3Knuckles
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    Cleave/No Cleave isn't super relevant to my concerns, which is mostly "How long can I stand near X without heals before I die" and "Is that time longer than it takes to freeze them".

    Does Torb even have a hammer since they changed him? I thought they removed leveling turrets manually, which is what the hammer was for.

    Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Does Torb even have a hammer since they changed him? I thought they removed leveling turrets manually, which is what the hammer was for.

    Yep. Hammer heals turret.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knuckles
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Does Torb even have a hammer since they changed him? I thought they removed leveling turrets manually, which is what the hammer was for.

    Yep. Hammer heals turret.

    Ah, okay, that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why he wouldn't just use it for his regular melee. Maybe they thought that the switch weapon time was an important for hero balance.

    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    H3Knuckles
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 16
    Also Chance how did you gain this encyclopedic knowledge of the game? I've been playing since launch day and you seem to know orders of magnitude more than I do.

    Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Also Chance how did you gain this encyclopedic knowledge of the game. I've been playing since launch day and you seem to know orders of magnitude more than I do.

    https://media.giphy.com/media/12NUbkX6p4xOO4/giphy.gif

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Also Chance how did you gain this encyclopedic knowledge of the game. I've been playing since launch day and you seem to know orders of magnitude more than I do.

    https://media.giphy.com/media/12NUbkX6p4xOO4/giphy.gif

    holy shit I've seen this gif like a million times and never realized that was Shia LaBeouf till I saw the gif title just now...

    ChanceH3Knuckles
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Also
    -check a wiki any time you're curious
    -watch pros
    -listen to wise folks like Brutal, Kana and surreality.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knuckles
Sign In or Register to comment.