As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From the ashes of Titanfall rises [Apex Legends]

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    So for folks that don't know the latest balloon tech to fly extra far

When going up a balloon, you want to be looking straight up when you launch off the top. You then hold down the freelook so you can actually see where you're going (while your character is still technically looking up) and use WASD/L joystick to steer your character. When you do this you'll trigger your landing jets way higher up which give you a rebound boost and let you get way further, and you can end up doing a whole bunch of these rebounds in a flight

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I would ps4 if not for working till 930 :(

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Huh interesting, I didn't realize they had made Gibraltar openly gay and Bloodhound NB. 2/8 is a pretty high gayness quotient.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Gibraltar is the gay one? I thought it was Mirage??

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Gibraltar's backstory mentions he stealing his dad's motorcycle with his boyfriend

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Huh interesting, I didn't realize they had made Gibraltar openly gay and Bloodhound NB. 2/8 is a pretty high gayness quotient.

The salt of shitty people over this is delicious. One of the few good things I've seen on Reddit was some shitlord complaining about Gibraltar being gay, and the community consensus quickly became, "I'd pay money for a voice quip of "We won! Time to down some cock bruddah" just to make this guy madder.

I also love so much that it's the gay of Gibraltar.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I think that victory I got a day or two ago will represent my one and only victory. Played several matches tonight and none of them lasted more than five minutes. So I am solving the problem by downloading Titanfall 2.

Ceno on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I finally managed to do a murder in this game, granted I had to do it with no gun and I died immediately afterwards from the people who decided grabbing guns was probably more valuable than punch-murdering, but, hey, I've never been good at decision making.

If anyone wants to definitely lose matches my PSN is Halos_Lucentia!

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I caved and gave the game ten dollars.

Now I'm stinky gas boy ruining everyone's day.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

god he is the worst James Spader as Ultron impersonating edgelord ever

it's so great

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The stink gas isn't very good at corralling my movements because I rarely know what the fuck is going on so I just wander in and out of it

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Got enough in-game currency to purchase either Mirage or Caustic but I'm not sure which of the two would be best to blow those points on.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I've only played as Mirage, but he is very fun

and he has a stat tracker for his banner that counts "Bamboozles"

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I picked up caustic when I got to that point because I've basically never been able to do anything useful with a video game decoy ability.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »

god he is the worst James Spader as Ultron impersonating edgelord ever

it's so great

He has a neckbeard.

I'm going to save my ducats because neither hologram man or fart gas man turn my crank

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I feel like Mirage>Caustic in terms of over all effectiveness. Though you can do some fancy stuff with Caustic, he's just super dependent on being on defense in a building due to his limited range and set up time.

Though honestly, owning both of them, I'd almost say it's worth waiting to see what the March patch brings for legends. Neither are super revolutionary in that both are kind of selfish characters there to kill people.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I'll probably get Mirage first cause I have gotten a ton of unlocks for him

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Hey is GrahamCR on ps4 someone here? I left my ps4 on last night by mistake and seem to have got a chat invite while I was asleep, really didn't mean to be rude, sorry!

PSN- AHermano
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Ah it was @Grey Ghost , sorry!

PSN- AHermano
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    No worries!

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    What do folks use for voice chat? I feel like I may actually feel like getting a mic if I keep enjoying this.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Though you can do some fancy stuff with Caustic, he's just super dependent on being on defense in a building due to his limited range and set up time.

I've been enjoying him.
    He's really good for endgame gunfights.
    And I don't think there's a max amount of traps you can lay so I've just been dropping them behind doors and hidden in common paths as I cross the map. People randomly triggering them while I'm miles away makes me giggle.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the max is 6 traps.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Fart gas man need to shave his beard so his mask can get a proper seal.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Now I’m just imagining him keeping the beard but only specifically shaving the parts where the mask lays.

Also, sorry Pipe I wasn’t really planning to play I just messed around seeing what the PS+ stuff was and did the training. I couldn’t find any way to interact with the invitation other than to hit join.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Now I’m just imagining him keeping the beard but only specifically shaving the parts where the mask lays.

Also, sorry Pipe I wasn’t really planning to play I just messed around seeing what the PS+ stuff was and did the training. I couldn’t find any way to interact with the invitation other than to hit join.

no worries!
    I sometimes feel guilty that I don't play with people.

Anyway tonight I had one of my most satisfying wins so far. There was my squad and one other left in a small circle with a couple buildings. Me and an enemy double KO'd eachother but I was able to crawl into the circle just as it closed. In front of me my last remaining squadmate, a Mirage, was hiding in a tiny building and as I crawled toward him I spotted an enemy Pathfinder crouching beside that tiny building.

I furiously lit the enemy up with pings. Mirage opened the door and sent a decoy running out the door. The enemy took the bait and started shooting at it and my squadmate casually turned that corner and blasted them. CHAMPIONS.

We both jumped and shot our guns in the air like morons.

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I started playing on the pc tonight and my first round I was designated as the champion. The problem with that is that I never played this on pc until that moment. My teammates got a laugh out of that.

steam_sig.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    JMan711 wrote: »
    I started playing on the pc tonight and my first round I was designated as the champion. The problem with that is that I never played this on pc until that moment. My teammates got a laugh out of that.

I mean, you have never lost.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I reinstalled Titanfall 2 and boy howdy that’s a good game. Multiplayer is still great, campaign is great, it’s a freaking crime it didn’t sell well.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I keep trying to link my steam account and for some reason it just doesn't seem to take. Also I can't seem to find Duke 2.0 AKA blind duke on origin

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited February 2019
    Nothing is more terrifying than being the last alive with your teammates banners watching dudes run past and kill eachother in front of your hidey hole, I'm pretty sure one guy looked right at me and just somehow didn't see me, my clenching terror made me invisible

Hobnail on

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Eheheh, I'm stuck watching my cats whilst they have operation stitches, so I've been playing a bit of this. Mostly I still lose within the first, oh, minute and 30 or so, but last match I was paired up with two German players in matching skins and voice chat co-ordination, who demonstrated a lot more patience than I expected with some useless rando joining in their cool team squad and kept taking the time to pick my dumb ass off the ground and (I assume) providing helpful instructions in German. Anyway, in the end we were one of two remaining squads and I guess somehow everyone else killed each other while I was trying to climb a rock, or something? I am the most deserving champion!

My most successful matches by far have been achieved by rank cowardice, I've gotten to #2 three or four times by finding a gun, hiding in various crannies and never shooting at anyone, at most throwing a grenade into a scrum

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    My most successful matches by far have been achieved by rank cowardice, I've gotten to #2 three or four times by finding a gun, hiding in various crannies and never shooting at anyone, at most throwing a grenade into a scrum

I have begun to shy away from this, as it tends to be really good at getting runner up matches, it doesn't do so well for fetting better at the shooting.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

That's a good way to get good at getting #2 and a bad way to get good at getting #1

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Trying to shoot people doesn't make me better at the shooting cause they just shoot me to death before I can shoot enough enough to stop them from shooting me to death

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Considering the number of stories of people winning through out-surviving the last ring, hiding may just be the most effective. But this is a shoot game you probably should be doing the fun thing.

VRXwDW7.png
    I just got killed by a Bangalore with SEVEN HUNDRED KILLS.

That is an average 70 kills per day if they got it on release. That's JUST WITH BANGALORE.

What the hell, people