As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2019 BYOC

• Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    Link is not working.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    Should be now!

• Options
    Working now, thanks!

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    Merlin_KMMerlin_KM The Gentleman Wookie Western MARegistered User regular
    Got'em!

"Coincidence? The Universe is rarely so lazy."
  • Options
    [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I like the fact that I can still go to the forum and find the link like 10 years ago, keeps out randos and scalpers better :)

p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    The fact that scalpers even go after BYOC passes.. lol

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    jkurucarjkurucar Registered User regular
    Wow, I should check the forums more. I'm just now seeing this as BYOC is not usually ready this early. Maybe next year someone could post on the previous year's forum so people who were watching it get a notification or something? Glad I got in though, I love BYOC. Best thing about PAX imho.

• Options
    nycguynycguy Registered User regular
    Are laptops allowed?

• Options
    nycguy wrote: »
    Are laptops allowed?

Yep. It is recommended that you bring a lock for it.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    JDiToJDiTo Registered User new member
    Quick question, have the group seating requests gone live yet?

I got my badges a little later than usual this year, so I want to make sure I didn't / don't miss setting up seating. Thanks!

• Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Are we going to have a group seating thing soon? Im getting excited.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    TheYimTheYim Registered User regular
    mayapple wrote: »
    Are we going to have a group seating thing soon? Im getting excited.

Last year @Drogith posted the BYOC Megathread 15 days prior to the start of the convention with group seating popping up a day or two later. My assumption is we should be seeing something within a week.

• Options
    DrogithDrogith She who runneth the BYOC Pittsfield, NHRegistered User regular
    I'm alive!!! I've been traveling a lot for work recently, but we're getting ready to post all the MEGATHREADS soon. Just getting the last bit of information and trying to figure out if we want to play Diablo 1 since it's on GOG or D2 fun run again.

yx1i87m92tky.png

• Options
    nycguynycguy Registered User regular
    How safe is it to bring wireless peripherals Ie mice, keyboards, headset, etc...? And maybe a lap board?
    Is there like a locker to use?

Alternatively could you bring them in the morning and take them home at night? Or is it just a bad idea so one should just bring standard mouse and keyboard?

• Options
    DrogithDrogith She who runneth the BYOC Pittsfield, NHRegistered User regular
    nycguy wrote: »
    How safe is it to bring wireless peripherals Ie mice, keyboards, headset, etc...? And maybe a lap board?
    Is there like a locker to use?

Alternatively could you bring them in the morning and take them home at night? Or is it just a bad idea so one should just bring standard mouse and keyboard?

It is preferable to bring wired equipment just so you do not have to worry about any cross-talk from someone else that may use similar gear. Other than that, the BYOC section is in a secluded area where only fellow BYOC and Enforcers are allowed to go. Once BYOC is closed, the convention center has trained security guards present until our own staff reports for duty in the morning. Your wireless devices should be safe to use and leave overnight, though once again, it is advised to use wired peripherals instead. I can say my time working BYOC as an exhibitor and now an Enforcer (about 8 years), i do not recall a single instance of something walking away.

yx1i87m92tky.png

• Options
    CielCiel Registered User new member
    PAX isn't real until BYOC group seating goes live!

Also RE: D1 vs. D2...

Why not both?

• Options
    AsmerAsmer [E] East/West PC Sec Manager San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.