As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Oh yeah. That's what's been keeping it from happening. Lack of Twitter feedback.

And here I was blaming Aerosmith, when the real villain was right in front of us!

Apparently there is a big DoA6 demo dropping on XBL on the 22nd. Basically the entire game but time-limited? Looking forward to that.

Also KT apparently brought gravure models (one of whom was herself a fighting game fan) on to stage at Evo Japan to poke fun at people who don’t like, shall we say, bouncing. It was a little off-color humor, but hilarious. I am finally getting some use out of my Japanese degree.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    They should put those models on the next Inside Xbox.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Major Nelson to be seen wearing revealing pantsu at next E3

Only the white gloves for the VIP Inside Inside Xbox show. Which is also where they will tease the announcement of the specs for the Xbox Two

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

Only the white gloves for the VIP Inside Inside Xbox show. Which is also where they will tease the announcement of the specs for the Xbox Two

only the white gloves... :winky:

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I can't comment on underwear ever since being proven so wrong about just how naked Bayonetta would be, but I will say this--recall how one or two brave souls here inevitably buy a game right before it appears on gamepass? Here's how the backwards compatibility release will go:

Synthesis: Finally. More than a hundred costumes unlocked across Dead or alive 2 Ultimate. When I close my eins, I mean my eyes, I see Ein reversing me with that stupid grab. But it was worth it, now I can unlock those Japanese costumes for Dead or Alive 3.

Xbox Twitter/Short Video Dispersal Platform: Great news! DOA4 now BC on Xbox One! DOA3 and DOA2U will be joining the original Xbox B.C. program next week! None of your data will be transferable, of course, they aren't Xbox 360 games!

Synthesis: &%$#@!! *throws Xbox 360 out of window*

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    "Trimming the fat," and not "Cut this by more than half"? Because one suggestion is pretty basic modification that we've already seen in Inside Xbox (which has been shorter and longer). The other would be cutting more than half the run time.

Some people like sound bites. That's fine too. Xbox already has several mediums for 20-second long video announcements that they already use, I don't think they need to compile them.

The last Inside Xbox was still 80 minutes long. That's still far, far too long for anything outside an E3 presentation.

You can have a shorter, more impactful program without having "sound bites." Most of Nintendo Directs aren't "sound bites." Being direct and to the point is marketing 101.

Let's put it another way. The last Inside Xbox, linked above, had 128 thousand views. The last Nintendo Direct had 1.76 million views. Clearly there's some room for improvement.

And Inside Xbox isn't an 5:00 am agricultural report. Nintendo Direct get those view numbers because of their specific content, and because Nintendo is less inclined to share information otherwise (though not as much as they used to, as their social media presence is much larger nowadays). Copying Nintendo Direct's format doesn't get you their numbers. "Trimming the fat" is radically different from "Make the complete re-branding announcement half a minute long, tops." I wouldn't trade far less information--useful and otherwise--for the sound bite format, but I even mocked this Inside Xbox for being superflous at times.

I'm not saying copy Nintendo Direct, I'm saying make things more to the point. Also, have you seen the latest Nintendo Direct? It didn't have sound bites, it had decent looks at loads and loads of stuff. I should also add that, without any additional information about games and services, pretty much no one outside of you and Microsoft really care in the slightest about the re-branding announcement. Three minutes is way, way, waaaaaaay too long for that.

Look at it this way. Here are all the things Microsoft covered in 80 minutes:

Xbox Game studios rebranding
    Halo: Outpost
    Crackdown 3 in-depth
    Sea of Thieves update
    Xbox Game pass updates
    Hardware bundles featuring the Corpse of Tom Clancy Had Nothing to Do with The Division 2
    A new color for the controller
    Jump Force
    New Mortal Kombat fighter
    Journey to the Savage Planet

Here's what Nintendo covered in 30 minutes:
    Mario Maker 2
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
    Boxboy + Boxgirl
    Smash Bros. Ultimate update
    Captain Toad DLC and updates
    New Bloodstained trailer
    Dragon Quest Builders 2 western release date
    Switch Dragon Quest 11 date
    Disney Tsum Tsum
    Starlink Starfox DLC
    Rune Factory 4 Special (and Rune Factory 5 teaser)
    Oninkani
    Yoshi's Crafted World and downloadable demo
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Tetris 99
    Dead by Daylight
    DAEMON X MACHINA demo
    GRID Autosport
    Hellblade
    Mortal Kombat 11 Switch
    Unravel 2
    Assassin's 3 remastered
    Final Fantasy game release dates
    Astral Chain
    Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

Now, do not look at each list as "hey, these games are exiting." Look at them as structure. Microsoft chose to devote a lot of time to three games about to be released (I'm assuming Journey to the Savage Planet is about to come out), an update to an existing game, a hardware bundle, a new controller color, a fan experience, updates to game pass, a new Mortal Kombat fighter, and a corporate rebrand. Aside from the three games, the pass update and the Mortal Kombat character, none of that is really impactful. And that was in 80 minutes! This line-up wouldn't have been too bad for 30 minutes, but it was nearly three times that.

Meanwhile Nintendo had game after game after game after game after game. Most we didn't know about! One you can play right the hell now! All in a brisk but non-rushed 30 minutes. It's attention-grabbing stuff.

Look, as a business wonk, I can understand. I'm still mourning the death of Iwata Asks (the web series where Nintendo people go waaaaaay in-depth on specific games). But I'm also not going to pretend that the series had a big audience. As it stands now, the structure (meaning, this has nothing to do with the appeal games offered) of Nintendo's videos are vastly more attention-grabbing than Inside Xbox. I'm not saying that Microsoft should copy Nintendo on this, but they're really seeming like the video game version of the 5 a.m. ag report. If they want to attract the audience they're surely hoping for, they need to change things up. Seriously, even this thread as a whole has a hard time caring about Inside Xbox.

Screw all this fighting about which is better. The thing we'really missing here is

There's a marvel ultimate alliance 3 coming out?!?!?! Those games were my jam! I'm actually playing through xmen legends 2 with my gf. This better not be switch exclusive.....

*off to google*

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    "Trimming the fat," and not "Cut this by more than half"? Because one suggestion is pretty basic modification that we've already seen in Inside Xbox (which has been shorter and longer). The other would be cutting more than half the run time.

Some people like sound bites. That's fine too. Xbox already has several mediums for 20-second long video announcements that they already use, I don't think they need to compile them.

The last Inside Xbox was still 80 minutes long. That's still far, far too long for anything outside an E3 presentation.

You can have a shorter, more impactful program without having "sound bites." Most of Nintendo Directs aren't "sound bites." Being direct and to the point is marketing 101.

Let's put it another way. The last Inside Xbox, linked above, had 128 thousand views. The last Nintendo Direct had 1.76 million views. Clearly there's some room for improvement.

And Inside Xbox isn't an 5:00 am agricultural report. Nintendo Direct get those view numbers because of their specific content, and because Nintendo is less inclined to share information otherwise (though not as much as they used to, as their social media presence is much larger nowadays). Copying Nintendo Direct's format doesn't get you their numbers. "Trimming the fat" is radically different from "Make the complete re-branding announcement half a minute long, tops." I wouldn't trade far less information--useful and otherwise--for the sound bite format, but I even mocked this Inside Xbox for being superflous at times.

I'm not saying copy Nintendo Direct, I'm saying make things more to the point. Also, have you seen the latest Nintendo Direct? It didn't have sound bites, it had decent looks at loads and loads of stuff. I should also add that, without any additional information about games and services, pretty much no one outside of you and Microsoft really care in the slightest about the re-branding announcement. Three minutes is way, way, waaaaaaay too long for that.

Crackdown 3 in-depth
    Sea of Thieves update
    Xbox Game pass updates
    Hardware bundles featuring the Corpse of Tom Clancy Had Nothing to Do with The Division 2
    Jump Force

Mario Maker 2
    Boxboy + Boxgirl
    New Bloodstained trailer
    Disney Tsum Tsum
    Starlink Starfox DLC
    Oninkani
    Tetris 99
    Dead by Daylight
    DAEMON X MACHINA demo
    GRID Autosport
    Hellblade
    Mortal Kombat 11 Switch
    Unravel 2
    Assassin's 3 remastered
    Astral Chain

Now, do not look at each list as "hey, these games are exiting." Look at them as structure. Microsoft chose to devote a lot of time to three games about to be released (I'm assuming Journey to the Savage Planet is about to come out), an update to an existing game, a hardware bundle, a new controller color, a fan experience, updates to game pass, a new Mortal Kombat fighter, and a corporate rebrand. Aside from the three games, the pass update and the Mortal Kombat character, none of that is really impactful. And that was in 80 minutes! This line-up wouldn't have been too bad for 30 minutes, but it was nearly three times that.

Meanwhile Nintendo had game after game after game after game after game. Most we didn't know about! One you can play right the hell now! All in a brisk but non-rushed 30 minutes. It's attention-grabbing stuff.

Look, as a business wonk, I can understand. I'm still mourning the death of Iwata Asks (the web series where Nintendo people go waaaaaay in-depth on specific games). But I'm also not going to pretend that the series had a big audience. As it stands now, the structure (meaning, this has nothing to do with the appeal games offered) of Nintendo's videos are vastly more attention-grabbing than Inside Xbox. I'm not saying that Microsoft should copy Nintendo on this, but they're really seeming like the video game version of the 5 a.m. ag report. If they want to attract the audience they're surely hoping for, they need to change things up. Seriously, even this thread as a whole has a hard time caring about Inside Xbox.

Screw all this fighting about which is better. The thing we'really missing here is

There's a marvel ultimate alliance 3 coming out?!?!?! Those games were my jam! I'm actually playing through xmen legends 2 with my gf. This better not be switch exclusive.....

*off to google*

It is I believe switch exclusive

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Crackdown 3 in-depth
    Sea of Thieves update
    Xbox Game pass updates
    Jump Force

Mario Maker 2
    Boxboy + Boxgirl
    New Bloodstained trailer
    Disney Tsum Tsum
    Starlink Starfox DLC
    Oninkani
    Tetris 99
    Dead by Daylight
    DAEMON X MACHINA demo
    GRID Autosport
    Hellblade
    Mortal Kombat 11 Switch
    Unravel 2
    Assassin's 3 remastered
    Astral Chain

*off to google*

I'm going to go cry in a corner somewhere now

Crackdown 3 in-depth
    Sea of Thieves update
    Xbox Game pass updates
    Jump Force

Mario Maker 2
    Boxboy + Boxgirl
    New Bloodstained trailer
    Disney Tsum Tsum
    Starlink Starfox DLC
    Oninkani
    Tetris 99
    Dead by Daylight
    DAEMON X MACHINA demo
    GRID Autosport
    Hellblade
    Mortal Kombat 11 Switch
    Unravel 2
    Assassin's 3 remastered
    Astral Chain

*off to google*

Yeah, that was hilarious. Hope it will be successful because that would have been a buy for me, lol.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    It's being developed by Team Ninja/Tecmo Koei, not Activision. Nintendo is publishing. Looks fuckin sick

Crippl3 on
    Hopefully it plays out better than the last high profile Team Ninja exclusive for a Nintendo platform.

Crackdown 3 in-depth
    Sea of Thieves update
    Xbox Game pass updates
    Jump Force

Mario Maker 2
    Boxboy + Boxgirl
    New Bloodstained trailer
    Disney Tsum Tsum
    Starlink Starfox DLC
    Oninkani
    Tetris 99
    Dead by Daylight
    DAEMON X MACHINA demo
    GRID Autosport
    Hellblade
    Mortal Kombat 11 Switch
    Unravel 2
    Assassin's 3 remastered
    Astral Chain

*off to google*

Yeah, that was hilarious. Hope it will be successful because that would have been a buy for me, lol.

I recently bought a switch for my wife so she could play pokemon but she fucking loved marvel ultimate alliance so this works out.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hopefully it plays out better than the last high profile Team Ninja exclusive for a Nintendo platform.

Fire Emblem Warriors? :wink:

edited February 2019

Fire Emblem Warriors? :wink:

Was that Team Ninja?

I thought it was broader Koei-Tecmo. Neato.

EDIT: Actually, I have zero idea how good a game that is.

Synthesis on

That’s still the only Metroid I’ve played, and I played it after playing so much DoA Dimensions that I had the weirdest sense of familiarity when I got to the fight against the big pterodactyl dude. Like, ohhhhh... this is where that’s from!

I'm digging Crackdown 3 so far, it's hitting all the right notes for me. I should be working on story or clearing these varied bases but... Agility Orbs!

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oh yeah. That's what's been keeping it from happening. Lack of Twitter feedback.

And here I was blaming Aerosmith, when the real villain was right in front of us!

Apparently there is a big DoA6 demo dropping on XBL on the 22nd. Basically the entire game but time-limited? Looking forward to that.

Sort of.
    The Deluxe Demo will be exclusive to PlayStation PLUS subscribers through the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Gold members through the Microsoft Store, and will be playable February 22, 2019 and run through February 24. The upcoming demo will consist of online Ranked and Lobby matches, as well as Free Training, Tutorial, Command Training, Combo Challenge, and an introduction to Story mode. The Demo will feature all 24 characters available at launch and all hairstyles and glasses will be available for each of the playable characters.

Good enough.
    news-190215_trial-img.jpg

Jazz on
    I appreciate that. Basically an indication whether or not to keep my preorder.

edited February 2019
    It's been so long since I've played a DOA game multiplayer. We should try to get a game going that weekend.

Undead Scottsman on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I haven't heard of this game before.

Apparently it's going to be on various Xboxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZbt5Xv7lk

I've never really been into games like Legend of Grimrock or the first-person Dungeon-RPG in general, but I could get behind this I think maybe.

I'm digging Crackdown 3 so far, it's hitting all the right notes for me. I should be working on story or clearing these varied bases but... Agility Orbs!

Orbs for uhh orbs agent!

But seriously collecting agility orbs was pretty much all I did with the occaisional "Stop shooting at me" murder fest.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2019
    The car lock up missions have been a lot of fun, but I'm getting wrecked early on here. Lots of enemies and I'm just a toothpick still. Already at level 3 Agility and working on Strength as I go.

Are there transforming cars in this one or not? I'm gonna be sad if they're still missing

Local H Jay on
    The car lock up missions have been a lot of fun, but I'm getting wrecked early on here. Lots of enemies and I'm just a toothpick still. Already at level 3 Agility and working on Strength as I go.

Are there transforming cars in this one or not? I'm gonna be sad if they're still missing

Yes there are transforming cars, based on your car skill. Like at rank 1 you unlock the agency car, and then rank 2 lets it go all terrain and climb up buildings.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Lately I've really just been wanting a dumb shooter with co-op. For the low price of $4, I think I'm going to enjoy Crackdown 3 just fine.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I will say I like the health system, where you heal in combat by getting XP from kills or orbs.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    It's been so long since I've played a DOA game multiplayer. We should try to get a game going that weekend.

@Undead Scottsman looks like you're still on my friends list from way back!

@Synthesis hit me up at JazzMX5

Just because of geography my ping might suck, since I'm so far from you guys, but it's worth a try.

Jazz on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

I recently bought a switch for my wife so she could play pokemon but she fucking loved marvel ultimate alliance so this works out.

MUA3 would be...I don't know. MUA1 was really fun and I still play it from time to time. (I will fucking max out all characters/costumes one day.) MUA2 was...disappointing. Much of the gameplay was fun, but the story was just a big letdown. I had expected more from something dealing with Civil War. The MUA1 story felt like the kind of epic story you might get with a massive MARVEL crossover. MUA2 was just here's a bunch of missions. And here's fucking Venom because you must love Venom!

If MUA3 didn't have that sort of epic story, I'd probably have passed on it anyway.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Yeesh crackdown is rough. Agents of Mayhem was better.

Prohass wrote: »
    Yeesh crackdown is rough. Agents of Mayhem was better.

Funny, I never really clicked with Agents of Mayhem. This new Crackdown reminds me a lot of Sunset Overdrive which is a major plus imo

Is Crackdown 1 still free on Xbox?

Oh man there's fall damage, that was a surprise

edited February 2019
    has'nt there always been fall damage in crackdown?

getting higher agility levels reduces it

tastydonuts on
    edited February 2019
    There has but I just didn't expect it cos of the overall vibe of the game and how long it's been since I payed the original

It kind of gets to a broader problem I have with these games. Like they always start you off shit and you have to work your way up to powerful. I wish they just started you as a superhero then you could work your way up to god. Just go nuts

Prohass on
    edited February 2019
    Eh, I would be bored with a game like that. ::pop:

also didn't like 10ft tall uber roid mass the agent turns into when you max stats either though, so... yeah.

tastydonuts on
    I think doing a ground pound will cancel out fall damage, but I could be wrong. I was doing it from pretty high up tho.

I think doing a ground pound will cancel out fall damage, but I could be wrong. I was doing it from pretty high up tho.

yeah... there was an achievement for doing one from really high up or something in Crackdown 2.

Yeah I like building your agent up, you go from steve rodgers to eventually hulk and I appreciate that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Ok I like this laser weapon

Jazz wrote: »

@Undead Scottsman looks like you're still on my friends list from way back!

@Synthesis hit me up at JazzMX5

Just because of geography my ping might suck, since I'm so far from you guys, but it's worth a try.

I sent out a few requests, so if you see an angry little anime girl with a bat it’s from me.