As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Early Access is live. Please mark spoilers. God speed, Freelancers.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Frei wrote: »
    Is anyone who is normally an avid keyboard/mouse player having a lot of trouble not constantly screwing up in someway? It's been such a deal to manage flying, not crashing, evading and aiming with a keyboard and mouse just because it feels so weird and floaty on kb/m. I feel comfortbable with both, so just as a shortcut for me, has anyone used Kb/M much and do they find that better?

This is a bit of hearsay, but going into the mouse and keyboard settings and turning down mouse settings for "precision" and "response" apparently will turn on raw input for the mouse? There's two precision and two response settings. I turned them all to 0% and it seems better?

I'll still leap and rocket into a wall 5 feet away tho at times, but such is the life of a human rocket engine.

I'll try this out, thanks. I've never been a super great "twitch" player anyway but when trying to rocket yourself out of narrow cave while your'e in a nesting doll of a Big Daddy suit of armor, well, gets tricky.

and yeah @Preacher i get that, I'm talking aesthetics more than anything. I guess some people are weird (or not me... ) and don't pick their primary based fully on aesthetics. or maybe too many people were exposed to anime too young (this is a joke sorry anime people). Also I think SOMETHING Ranger does got buffed at least, or seemed like he did? I probably should have kept note because it seems quite powerful now.

also I never expected the tank to play as dynamically and interestingly as it did. if this were many other games the Colossus would be extremely straightforward with nothing to it but you have to actually do things to stay alive. It's refreshing.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Is there a way to take screen shots other than print screen paste into paint?

Also, what are the keyboard keys for flare, greet, etc?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    yaaargh

I'm liking a bunch of this game, it's much much better than the demo version

But whoever thought gating progress behind these trials was a good idea needs to be fired

Not fired from the company, fired from a cannon into the sun. It's almost as annoying as the damn class unlocks from DA:I

I'm locked out of any more missions until I.... open 7 more chests. This is not compelling mission design.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I've built my ranger in two different ways. Either just specializing in nothing but guns and using like a general purpose assault rifle

Or as you unlock more slots you can really buff up your grenades, faster regen, better area damage, etc. Then you're more of an AoE killer, just chucking grenades into any group of 2+ enemies.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Belasco has gotten to the part where you see the launch pad, and now her game crashes to desktop after the loading screen every single time she tries.

We've rebooted several times, done a rebuild, deleted and reinstalled to a different hard drive. She can no longer play this game at all.

Update on this, we created her a new pilot and it seems to launch fine, load into Tarsis fine. We'll see how it works once she hits lvl8.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Stop watching streams for this cause I realized like with most single player games I hate watching streamers play cause they either rush as not to bore their audience or they don't rush and well...it is kind of boring.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    My collosus feels more effective than my ranger in a fight, but it’s so hard to give up
    35% additional heat bar

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    yaaargh

I'm liking a bunch of this game, it's much much better than the demo version

But whoever thought gating progress behind these trials was a good idea needs to be fired

Not fired from the company, fired from a cannon into the sun. It's almost as annoying as the damn class unlocks from DA:I

I'm locked out of any more missions until I.... open 7 more chests. This is not compelling mission design.

Yeah. I’d love to know how putting an end-game sidequest style grind a third of the way through the game got through any amount of playtesting.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    one issue I've been running into is missing enemies. I've had it in mission and in freeplay, you'll have a mark but nothing is there.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Man I love me a sniper rifle.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    LMAO. Whoops. I guess I've been doing damage wrong -
    Dx3kmfcWsAE9Deq.jpg:large

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So people are saying harder is harder in the final game than it was in the demo build... that's good.

Normal was looking a bit too easy for me.

• Options
    Right now my favorite combo is Ice Storm with Burning Orb or Glacial Spear.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    If a power has a dot and a circle around it to the left of the name it's a primer

if it has a four-pronged star to the left of the name it's a detonator

• Options
    One of the things that's driving me nuts is that ranger has various gear that buffs either impact or blast damage.

But then like there's stuff that is labeled as "Blast damage", but then it says "impact detonator"

The launchpad area could REALLY use a target dummy to actually be able to test how stuff works, cuz there's still not very clear documentation on what is what.

Like there's the diamond shape next to ability names, but then there's also the diamond next to standard weapon damage, and none of that actually detonates

Right now there's basically builds I'd like to try but I'm putting on hold until the internet figures out the terminology for me

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Kana wrote: »
    One of the things that's driving me nuts is that ranger has various gear that buffs either impact or blast damage.

But then like there's stuff that is labeled as "Blast damage", but then it says "impact detonator"

The launchpad area could REALLY use a target dummy to actually be able to test how stuff works, cuz there's still not very clear documentation on what is what.

Like there's the diamond shape next to ability names, but then there's also the diamond next to standard weapon damage, and none of that actually detonates

Right now there's basically builds I'd like to try but I'm putting on hold until the internet figures out the terminology for me

Explosives do blast, like grenade launchers. Bullets will bounce off armor where explosives will deal damage. This pops up on some of the funkier fatties who have very particular weakpoints. Someone equipped with blast damage won't give a damn.

I imagine that bullets primarily impact.

The Meatfucker Anti-Material Rifle seems to do both. It has two damage values.

So Ranger missiles will blast, magic energy bolts will impact. Party Van cannons will blast, railgun for impact. Elemental and acid weapons do elemental and acid.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Going through the list and adding the new names to share that sweet, sweet alliance bonus.

Someone was nice enough to send me one of their origin basic freebies so hoping to have a picture of my energizer bunny looking javelins from the beta sooner than later while I wait for the 22nd.

• Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Can you prime an detonate with two different elements (for example prime a target with fire and detonate it with lighting?)

Dratatoo on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Was wondering if anyone with abit more tech wiz knowhow could give me some advice? If I could just ten more consistent FPS, I'd be happy with the medium settings I got it on.
    YElkmIL.png

Any suggestions on what I should upgrade here to get a lil speed boost? Whats the biggest weak link here? Don't really care about making the game prettier but man its so close to being decent performance wise for me.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I have seen the light that is flamethrower/lightning coil colossus. Just wade in and murder the fuck out of everything.

• Options
    Dratatoo wrote: »
    Can you detonate two different elements (for example prime a target with fire and detonate it with lighting?)

Detonation is agnostic. If the ability can detonate, you are not currently under global detonation cooldown, (something like a second and a half after detonation) and the target is vulnerable to detonation, you'll get a combo.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Those big AOE bomb attacks that detonate everything with the Colossus just feel fucking amazing when everything pops off like that.

Get that wall/line of flame loot shit out of my face.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Dag, dag. Dag.

Dag.

Hold up.

Firewall a spawn, right?

Then detonate all of them at once.

Myself, I don't detonate with abilities much. I prefer to slam.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of how I can freeze somebody as a storm, detonate it and then everybody in the vicinity is now frozen. It's so easy to just shred large groups of goons while barely touching my gun.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Basil wrote: »
    Dag, dag. Dag.

Dag.

Hold up.

Firewall a spawn, right?

Then detonate all of them at once.

Myself, I don't detonate with abilities much. I prefer to slam.
    Its fun when you have waves coming at you and theres a choke point the enemy has to come through.

*wave approaches*

"nope"

*SLAM*

Repeat.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    There's a thread on some early access bugs that they're fixing for the patch on the 22nd:

Some general fixes (more audio and loading screen fixes) but also things like chests counting for more than just the person opening it.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I have two big issues with the game so far.

One: Load times are ridiculously long. Even to just load the Forge or Tarsis it takes a long time. I'm going to migrate it over to my solid state tomorrow and see if that helps.

Two: Whoever designed the experience in Tarsis is bad at their job. It plays like two completely different games. One of which is so mindnumbly awful it is barely worth being in. The map doesn't show paths or walls. The difference in movement in missions vs Tarsis is so stark

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I don't mind fort tarsis but as someone who only has 10 hours I have to skip past the interactions there because I want to get game play in and not lore exploration. Other than talking to my best bro Owen.

Also major props to people on my friends list every mission I've done I've gotten the most alliance exp by a country mile.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    So I had a bug where the game hard crashed during a mission, tried to log back into the same session, but got kicked again while loading. When I tried to get back a second time, it kicked me to what I can only guess was the next cutscene, missing everything in between. Can someone fill me in on what happened in between, since it seems like I'll probably never get to see that one again?

Story Mission about 3 hours in:
    Haluk and Faye
    Was looking for Haluk and Faye at Princess Zhim's place, Dominion attacked. Crashed in the fight outside Zhim's, finally came back to Haluk and Faye's strider with MC being pissed at Owen. Missed everything in between.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    So I had a bug where the game hard crashed during a mission, tried to log back into the same session, but got kicked again while loading. When I tried to get back a second time, it kicked me to what I can only guess was the next cutscene, missing everything in between. Can someone fill me in on what happened in between, since it seems like I'll probably never get to see that one again?

Haluk and Faye
    Was looking for Haluk and Faye at Princess Zhim's place, Dominion attacked. Crashed in the fight outside Zhim's, finally came back to Haluk and Faye's strider with MC being pissed at Owen. Missed everything in between.

Just had the exact same bug happen! Except I gave up and didn't decide to relog.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »

Haluk and Faye
    Not a whole lot actually, basically it's just a fight but Owen steals a Javelin and tries to save the day but you end up saving him. That's why you're mad at him.

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I like to think I'm bringing a bit of cheer to everyone's day.

y5vleuuk31ee.png

Did you get the license plate of the clown car that ran you down? ;)

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    I like to think I'm bringing a bit of cheer to everyone's day.

y5vleuuk31ee.png

Did you get the license plate of the clown car that ran you down? ;)

they are the clown car. there's 20-odd Freelancers inside that Javelin.

• Options
    Can someone link me to what the alliance system is? I see friends listed but I have no idea what that means?

• Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I went with my traditional deep purple and dark gray scheme on my Storm.
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    It's such a relief hearing people are enjoying this game and that many of the issues from the demo have been addressed. I'm looking forward to having another Bioware game in my life.

Playing the release game, I feel even more strongly that the demo was a mistake. I don't think the demo was a disaster, but when you play the release game, you realize how much they polished what was a solid foundation in to something worth recommending.

Yeah it sounds like someone really did the game a disservice. But at least it’s better that it turned out to be a poorly thought out marketing decision over the alternative- that the final game itself was also full of bugs and they’d just run out of time to get them fixed.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Can someone link me to what the alliance system is? I see friends listed but I have no idea what that means?
    Yeah, I saw I was getting bonus shit for alliance and I was like "wait...what?"

Thought it was a guild thing but seems to be related to friends list?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Some characters sure are... characters.

And I love it.

• Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure the Anthem combos are on the same level of satisfaction as Mass Effect 3 biotic detonations, but they come close, and they come much closer than anything else since then. Very fun to do.

During the demo one of the main things i came away with was the hope that at some point down the line they introduce some kind of, i don’t know, “dark energy” line of elemental abilities that are basically biotic powers. And then make the combo sound exactly like it was in ME3.

• Options
    Man, Dolby Vision really screwing me over. I can't take any screenshots as they have a pink filter on them.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Some characters sure are... characters.

And I love it.

I like getting strange, out of the blue emails from
    Rythe

This discussion has been closed.