As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Let me be more clear: it’s kinda rude when people learned a thing is doing a bad and your response is “I am SO hyped for Thing, you guys!” Especially when you think you know what the Bad is; cause then you come off as callous.

Read the room.

I literally just got it, I think I'm allowed to be excited.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, I just finally read up on it, because it's making serious waves in the scene, people even talking about banning it from tournaments.

Yikes.

Incidentally, it wasn't what I thought it was.

Also, doing some further reading on this, there may be some mistranslation involved.
    "It's not stated why Erica doesn't transition in this end - but it isn't clear how many years have passed between high-school and their wedding, and it is possible that it simply takes place before she transitioned. The rumor about Catherine trying to improve Erica's life and doing so by stopping her from transitioning is false. "
    "

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Let me be more clear: it’s kinda rude when people learned a thing is doing a bad and your response is “I am SO hyped for Thing, you guys!” Especially when you think you know what the Bad is; cause then you come off as callous.

Read the room.

I literally just got it, I think I'm allowed to be excited.

Your enjoyment of a video game does not trump someone being upset that their gender identity is being treated as a joke at the very fucking best, and as invalid as worst

• Options
    Also hey remember that shot from the trailer

It is EXACTLY what we all thought it was

Fuck this game

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    About the above
    He hits her hand away, not full on punch

Still shit.

Also it sounds like Rins entire inclusion is a trainwreck

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/8/18217444/catherine-full-body-rin-twist

She is a alien?? For some reason? Why

What a disaster

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh hey

Fuck Atlus forever

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I’m hearing different things
    Namely that Rin has no genitalia at all because her species is more like a weird, celestial race of angels than aliens. This doesn’t make it any less fucked but yeah.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Namely that Rin has no genitalia at all because her species is more like a weird, celestial race of angels than aliens. This doesn’t make it any less fucked but yeah.
    That was the safe bet before the game came out, because since Catherine's an demon, obviously Rin's an angel.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Not gonna lie...that game always had some weird gender essentialism around it kind of why I never got into it.

• Options
    edited February 2019

Fuck this game

That's also inaccurate. You might want to think twice before buying into hearsay from people who haven't even played the game.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Based on the testament of people who have played the game on another forum:

CW: more transphobia
    Rin's human form has a penis, which is the source of Vincent's initial reaction; Rin being an alien is tangential to that first thing

It apparently comes up later that Rin also identifies as a man who likes to crossdress, present as a woman, and then have sex with men

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Fuck this game

That's also inaccurate. You might want to think twice before buying into hearsay from people who haven't even played the game.

It is not in anyone's best interest, not yours nor the people this affects nor anyone else, for you to reflexively defend this well-established transphobic game from accusations of further transphobia

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »

Fuck this game

It is not in anyone's best interest, not yours nor the people this affects nor anyone else, for you to reflexively defend this well-established transphobic game from accusations of further transphobia

If what is being said is outright untrue, then I have every right.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    You realize the thing you're decrying as being "untrue" is being posted by a trans woman, verified to work in the industry, who's playing the game in Japanese, right

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    You realize the thing you're decrying as being "untrue" is being posted by a verified trans woman game developer who's playing the game in Japanese, right

Yes, because others are saying different.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    My dude you are picking a fuck of a hill to die on, here

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

Because I love the game and this misinformation is causing one hell of a chaotic ripple effect. People are cancelling tournaments and dropping out of the competitive scene altogether. I have a vested interest in not letting people spread fake rumors.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Like I said...given the gender politics of that game in the original version I'd be careful about extending it any goodwill.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Cj, you're being extremely insensitive.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Cj, you're being extremely insensitive.

Apologies. It's a touchy subject for me, so I'll just let it go.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

Fuck this game

I have absolutely no fucking interest engaging you on this in good faith when you're clearly not going to do the same

• Options
    edited February 2019

Because I love the game and this misinformation is causing one hell of a chaotic ripple effect. People are cancelling tournaments and dropping out of the competitive scene altogether. I have a vested interest in not letting people spread fake rumors.

Your vested interest in the competitive scene of Catherine has absolutely no weight against the people affected by this news or the representation in Catherine, including multiple people in this thread

You want things to be good, that's fine, but draw a line between going "I want this to turn out well" versus "Everyone who says it's not turning out well is a liar, even if they're someone with a verified identity who happens to be part of the minority group most affected by the subject being discussed"

The conversation is not about you or the competitive scene; if you feel you have to speak up about this, make it constructive, something that adds to the conversation, or else illuminates the issue in a way that might lessen the hurt for the people affected. Otherwise consider, really consider, if the thing you're saying really needs to be added to the conversation

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The original game of Catherine was super shitty towards its trans character, the extent to which I only came to realize in hindsight, and everything they've done for this update has only made things even worse.

I don't care if some of what's being reported isn't accurate, because all of what I've heard has been added is vile.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    PWQjryP.png

That's uh... hm.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So, uh...what’s all this P5S stuff I’m reading about?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no one knows, it's just a bunch of rumours going around that no one can vouch the veracity of

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    probably some scheme to trick you into accidentally saying "penis".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    We're supposed to hear about P5R this month right?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    We're supposed to hear about P5R this month right?
    Yeah that's what the video they released teased

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    probably some scheme to trick you into accidentally saying "penis".

the pen 15 coming out is a bit on the nose

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    March 23rd probably, it’ll be at the conclusion of the anime series

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    March 23rd probably, it’ll be at the conclusion of the anime series

This, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and the FF14 Fanfest in Japan. My Birthday is getting busy.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Give me P4G, Persona 5, and Persona 3 Remastered all on Switch Xbox PS4 and PC.

And Vita.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    so they teased a new Persona 5 version in December and said come back in March for details

and those details are "it's a new version of Persona 5, come back in April for even more details"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Hm

Now I feel like April 24 is when Joker is going to land in Smash

Also is that a female version of the main character???

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hm

Now I feel like April 24 is when Joker is going to land in Smash

Also is that a female version of the main character???

Her dialogue apparently implies she is not a female Joker and that she does not like phantom thieves

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, that looks like the female "Jane" version of Joker that was being speculated on due to Super Smash Bros. datamining.

Edit: Apparently not a version of Joker. New main character?

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Ah, I see. Now that that's been pointed out and seeing how she's got Nijima eyes like Makoto does... yeah, all right. That's disappointing

dN0T6ur.png