As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Artifact] Call to Arms set released. Give mid or feed!

1101112131416»

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    From what I've heard, they seem to be working on something for March.

Although it's weird that they've clammed up and become so silent after the holidays. ...okay, not that weird, but the Artifact twitter *was* doing a pretty decent job of keeping people informed about upcoming changes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    They said 1 million dollar tournament by end of March, but even Lifecoach and Swim have quit.
    Who would even compete in it?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Is this free to play yet?

How much longer do you think until it does go free to play?

I dont think the issue is F2P. Its all the people who bought the game--like me--who no longer play. My money is already in, the game just wasnt that good. Despite some pretty exciting design aspects, good production values, the overall gameplay just didnt gel for enough people.

I mean dota auto chess is a better game.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, free to play might have helped or not, but I bought in and the game just wasn't good.

Not because it was hard either. The decision making and victory loop weren't good.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I started getting headaches after matches. Unsure why, but the game felt unfulfilling to play, even while winning.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    I liked the concept but there was just too much RNG associated with it.

How many creep will I get? What lane will they be in? Is it one I need them in? What arrows for targeting will screw me over?

Honestly something as simple as each player getting the same number of creep each turn (like 1 per lane) and not randomizing that aspect would improve things a TON.

• Options
    The game is mostly about slow playing the board and minimizing the risks you expose your board to until you can make real plays. Slow attrition. The most important plays of the game were extremely unsatisfying to me, which was killed it. Winning didn't feel more interesting than losing.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

How many creep will I get? What lane will they be in? Is it one I need them in? What arrows for targeting will screw me over?

Honestly something as simple as each player getting the same number of creep each turn (like 1 per lane) and not randomizing that aspect would improve things a TON.

The creeps are not randomized at all in the amount you get.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular

Really? cause it always seemed like it.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Really? cause it always seemed like it.

You get two creeps each round. They are deployed into random lanes.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Artifact is....not dead...?
    Under Construction

First off, we wanted to say thanks for all of your tweets, emails and posts. The continued interest in Artifact has been encouraging, and we sincerely appreciate all of the feedback!

You might notice some changes soon – we are starting tests on our systems and infrastructure. This shouldn’t impact live Artifact but we wanted to give you a heads up.

Expect more news after the launch of Half-Life: Alyx!

• Options
    I mean, 2.0 has been a pretty open secret for the last year.

Speaking of which...

We’ve been focusing on gameplay changes first. The biggest change is zooming out to allow players access to all three lanes at once. The majority of effects still work on individual lanes so they still maintain their identity, but it’s less likely that a player will get shut out in the same way they used to.

We’ve also focused on making the game easier to pick up. We aren’t selling cards, so you won’t face an opponent with a stacked deck. We’ve also added a new draft mode, Hero Draft, that gives you a taste of constructing decks without all the pressure.

More games burning the concept of the “paid random booster pack” TO THE GODDAMN GROUND is always a good thing.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    The fact they're doing a slow roll out of the beta after so much of their steam got ate by a long beta period with very limited access last time is just... do Valve actually know how multiplayer games work?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    The game has ...

210 current players.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    The game has ...

210 current players.

Not bad for an Indie game company.

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    I got 100+ hours on Artifact and had good time with it. The game was sufficiently different from competition (ie. Not like mtg, pokemon or heartstone) to be interesting.

Card-selling aspect was pretty stupid though.

Looking forward to 2.0

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I wonder if people who bought cards get anything for them if they're moving away from that.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    More information, and a few new card spoilers

https://playartifact.com/news/2096930128295276281

• Options
    I want some of those temp arts as alt-arts.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    The new hero designs look more involved which is good. Though if the stat changes mean black murder econ doesn't exist I'll cry a little on the inside.

In general though I just want to know what the big picture for the game looks like mechanics wise now.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah opening up with "here's some new cards we're making" is...an odd choice, given that we're trying to figure out what the game even is now

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Just the way the Mirana card is worded makes me feel like they've still missed something about the design. "Do 2 + X damage, stun a hero, slay if it's a creep" is such weird wording, because my best guess is that Slay means instantly kill. That makes it sort of a garden path sentence in card form, where the initial damage portion of the card actively implies a nuke when it's actually a murder. "Slay a creep or deal 2 + X damage and stun a hero" seems much cleaner, unless they intend to have a lot of unslayable creeps or something clunky.

I ate an engineer
  • Options

New article up, doing a deep dive into the new lane mechanics.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Very....deep?
    Additional Notes

Armor works differently from the base game.

• Options
    I'd guess with the lower attack values armour is now a shield rather than a damage reducer.

Also kind of lame they've hard restricted it to 5 creeps in a lane and I personally never really had a problem with the flop. Though I do like the cute dynamic between mid/off/safe lane.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    New Monday article up, talking about heroes and how they changed the basic ones as a example.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options

New Monday Artifact post up, talking about changes they are looking to do with the item shop. Sounds like they are taking some cues and ideas from Autochess with how they stock it now.
    In the current implementation we've normalized item costs to 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30. If they seem too expensive it's due to the faster rate that gold is earned now. Items are grouped based on their tier and the shop is populated to have one or more items at each tier, plus your item deck. All slots in the shop follow the same rules for how the item for sale there is selected.

At the first shopping phase you have access to the 10-cost item tier plus a few other options. If you have some extra money, and don't like the items presented, you can re-roll for 2 gold. If you are a little light on cash you can choose to skip shopping and earn a little extra gold. The gold earned this way starts at 3 and increases by 1 each time you upgrade the shop. Finally you can upgrade the shop for 5 gold. This upgrade cost goes down to 3 then to 1 in subsequent turns and resets to 5 when you upgrade. When you upgrade the shop the next tier of items is added to the pool and you get a free re-roll.

Most consumables, including Town Portal Scrolls, have been removed from the game completely. You now get a similar item, the Blink Scroll, the first time you bring each enemy tower to half health. Blink Scrolls work like a Blink Dagger but are consumed on use (each let you move a hero to a slot in an adjacent lane).

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    And this week's Monday post talks more about the Shop and the item deck.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I normally only do one free to play card game at a time and I think runeterra has its hooks in. This stuff sounds interesting/better, but it might be too late, for me at least

• Options

Beta: IT COMES. They’re going to start sending opt-in links to people who had the game before March 30’th, and start slow-rolling access out.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Did they ever say what they're doing about old collections? Just dumping them I assume?

I'll admit I sold all my cards for steambux.

• Options
    They have not. I assume they won’t announce it until the game is about to go live, to give them some wiggle room in case something needs to change.

If they want to trade my full play set for a Index, I’d be game. <_<

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I would also be willing to trade something of no value for an Index!

• Options
    Got the email to sign up for the beta...

...of a game I already own and have played dozens of hours of?