As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Resident Evil HD REmake and Resident Evil: Zero HD released, REmake 2 announced!

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    No Time To Mourn 4:58
    Runaway 4:37
    Forgotten Soldier 3:42

pretty good times I guess. I like the DLC tho it's definitely difficult and the end points for Robert and Katherine make ZERO sense but eh.

The horde shooter part I'm not a big fan of and I have no idea how you do that using less than 60 handgun bullets.

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I was hoping for like

When you finish it would go "You finished in X and killed X enemies you earned X points." and we could use those points to buy bonus weapons for the main campaign.

Like say a Infinite spark shot that Leon could use
    Flamethrower and viceversa

Edit - I forgot to mention that i still enjoyed these scenarios immensely

Zunde on
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    I would have liked a more RE4 style arcade survival mode for post game fun.

As fun as it was doing those in RE4, I don't miss ever having to do the waterworld area again with Hunk.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I really suck super bad at these modes. I'm not really even sure what the goal is. Is the goal to make it to the end, or is the goal to kill all the badguys, or what?

Note: I picked the Runaway campaign first cause it had the lowest star rating for difficulty. I died on the 4th zombie. So I really suck.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I really suck super bad at these modes. I'm not really even sure what the goal is. Is the goal to make it to the end, or is the goal to kill all the badguys, or what?

Note: I picked the Runaway campaign first cause it had the lowest star rating for difficulty. I died on the 4th zombie. So I really suck.

Get to the end. Kill only what you need to( backpack and special zombies). Your time is recorded but I assume doesn't matter for anything else.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is it difficult to get Rev2 for Vita? That seems like a good swan song game.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9012-PCSE00608_00-RESIDEVILREVELS2

Nope, super easy.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Well I finished Rev2. I prefer 1s campaign still. As much as I love Barry, I hated fighting alot of the enemies from his chapter. Invisible bugs and those guys where their weak point is in one of their appendages. Fighting Gollum wasn't very fun either. Oh and going through every place twice got old. However it's still a really good game. Now I'm playing Raid and having a blast with it.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I think this DLC is a really cool thing to do and a fun idea, but also not really my thing. I'm not as into the pure action side of things.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

You kill what you need to and avoid everything else. Take Runaway for example.

You start in a hallway with a regular zombie, then a super zombie. You're not going to be able to avoid these two unless you're really lucky. So I'd leg the first zombie and headshot the second with one of your two Magnum bullets.

Now you're in the hallway. There's a super zombie by the door, and the key you need is up the stairs near a dead end. There's probably a way to avoid the super zombie here but they're really fast so I used the second bullet to headshot him and then leg the backpack zombie to get the key and take the magnum ammo from the vending machine.

Outside I made a straight line to the vending machine and take the green herb, leg the zombie to make it drop the backpack with the key and flamethrower and avoid the dogs.

This part was kind of fun for me. Because they give you a wide area and a ton of zombies and you have to lure the mob in to one corner and run around them. there's a backpack zombie with some flamethrower fuel if you can pick him off and grab it. Run into the bus burn down the super zombies and run to the basketball court.

WALK to he backpack zombie and KNIFE him this way you get your key without getting any angry lickers.

Past the gate do another zombie herding game to get them all away from the next door by running back around the van near the basketball court.

On the elevated walkway there are going to be two super zombies so either magnum headshot or burn them and then prepare for two doggos to run toward you. At this point I just ran around everything straight toward the parking garage where there are two super zombies. one you can avoid but another near the door that you'll probably have to headshot.

This last section I just brute forced. Saved my healing items for it and ran directly into a zombie to auto defend with my knife and just ran straight for Bens cell, as soon as you reach it you win.

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I think this DLC is a really cool thing to do and a fun idea, but also not really my thing. I'm not as into the pure action side of things.

Yeah I like the 4th survivor mode but I was disappointed to find out this wasn't more story content.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    I finished Runaway and like

They’re fucked at the end of this

Right

They don’t get out of there

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    They get out of there and they live happily ever after.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Right

Have you played Resident Evil 3?

I wonder should i combine my no item box run with my no healing run?

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Yeah I like the 4th survivor mode but I was disappointed to find out this wasn't more story content.

Capcom has generally always avoided expanding on Hunk's story, leaving him more to be the Boba Fett of RE.

Resident evil 3 was originally supposed to be a "Side story spin off." with the actual resident evil 3 being Hunk on an abandoned cruise liner hunting down a G-virus sample.

This was near the end of the PS1's lifespan and when it dawned on capcom that they would never finish it in time for a PS1 Release it was mostly scrapped and Nemesis was converted into a main line entry.

So in an alternate universe we actually got more Hunk story

Right

They definitely fuck at the end of it.

But yeah they probably get eaten

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Resident evil 3 was originally supposed to be a "Side story spin off." with the actual resident evil 3 being Hunk on an abandoned cruise liner hunting down a G-virus sample.

This was near the end of the PS1's lifespan and when it dawned on capcom that they would never finish it in time for a PS1 Release it was mostly scrapped and Nemesis was converted into a main line entry.

Sounds like the Hunk idea got turned into RE: Rev 1.

I'm on a boat! I'm on a boat!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I actually had that Zombie shrug off animation go off in the sewers on Leon B hardcore in the G-mutant room.

I was in danger and had just downed the last G-mutant in the initial gauntlet and the zombie that drops down near the end in B scenario lunged to finish me off as i panic dashed past it and leon just pushed it off it's the one and only time i have managed to score that particular damage avoidance.

MNC Dover wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »

Sounds like the Hunk idea got turned into RE: Rev 1.

I'm on a boat! I'm on a boat!

Actually Gaiden did it first

• President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    The new survivor runs are a nice addition, but they really don't play like the base game. More Hunk gauntlets.

I need some puzzles and lessened tension occasionally. Or go the full Alien:Isolation mission route and just have me try to accomplish something with Mr. X chasing me. Possiby several.

...I did unlock a tiger mask though. So there is that.

I've managed to beat Runaway and the Kendo shop guy one, but the SWAT guy is boring to me. so

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Let me play as Mr X and I have to kill all the witnesses.
    Find Ben, Ada, Leon and Claire and kill them all before they can escape the police station.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    klemming wrote: »
    Let me play as Mr X and I have to kill all the witnesses.
    Find Ben, Ada, Leon and Claire and kill them all before they can escape the police station.

Tyrant vs the army mode.
    32 players versus one tyrant.

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    So I just finished my RE7 normal difficulty run (which was my second). Easy mode speedrun next.

Ending spoilers
    I'd had a slight spoiler before, so I knew that choosing Zoe would lead to a bad ending of some sort, but I wanted the achievement. Normally, if you make a poor decision in a video game, you get some more gameplay before the consequences become clear, presumably to prevent you from just immediately reloading a save and fixing your choice. For that reason, I was still a bit surprised when Zoe met such an abrupt and calcareous end like 30 seconds after I cured her.

Did my no healing and no item box run on assist with Claire A

That was an adventure.

Meanwhile i can't get past the dog walkway in Runaway!

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Runaway is probably the hardest to go fast in. I got a damageless No Time To Mourn run I need to upload later tho, and a 4:13 in Runaway.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    ndj5cn4vzbbd.jpg
    I'm pretty happy with that, and as long as I don't go watch a Claire A speedrun, I'll stay that way.
    Just Hunk to go, then I've got Platinum.
    Plus the Ghost Survivors stuff, I guess.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Okay, RE2 newbie here (only played 4-7). Do I ever return to the RPD station? Or will advancing the story lock me out of any items I missed? I feel like there's a decent amount of unexplored map there, but I don't want to assume I get to do it later.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    You go back.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Okay, RE2 newbie here (only played 4-7). Do I ever return to the RPD station? Or will advancing the story lock me out of any items I missed? I feel like there's a decent amount of unexplored map there, but I don't want to assume I get to do it later.

There is a point of no-return, but it's well after what you think it is. The game kind of tells you when you should be going back for anything you missed, if so inclined

Thanks.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It's also worth noting that Leon/Claire (spoilers just in case)
    You don't visit every single room of the RPD on either Leon or Claire. Each one has a section or sections that are unique to each characters paths. So if you've really scoured everything and just can't find that key item anywhere that unlocks that door or grate, it's most likely that you just don't go there.

Thanks for that too. I probably would have pulled my hair out trying to get into those rooms.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I know that if you’re playing as Leon, you won’t open (minor spoiler)
    doors locked by the Heart key
    except for one instance where there’s another door attached to the same room.

I decided to play as Claire since I never really played a game focused on her before. Am I right assuming the majority of the game is the same no matter who you pick?

This discussion has been closed.