As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Anthem] Early Access is live. Please mark spoilers. God speed, Freelancers.

19596979899101»

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    One reason I'm hesitant to do any story missions at tarsis is my limited play time means I might yadda yadda yadda past interesting convo to go back and play. Curse you ten hours!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I skipped all conversations and such in the demo as I didn't want to ruin anything.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    One reason I'm hesitant to do any story missions at tarsis is my limited play time means I might yadda yadda yadda past interesting convo to go back and play. Curse you ten hours!
    This is how they're going to get me to upgrade to premier.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I'm an xboner so its not an option sadly.

I will have to say I like the storm but my worry from the demo is kind of true with the release the lightning bolt frost shard combo is so strong I don't really want to switch off it!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Getting a good group is just beautiful to watch. Using my interceptor with Acid Bombs and a Storm with lots of primers was just one massive continued combo lol.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So I was doing a freeplay roam, and after a while it kicked me back to Fort Tarris, saying there's been a connection issue. Do lose everything I got during the freeplay?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • chemicalkbchemicalkb West Coast, USARegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

If you're on xbox there isn't an option to upgrade. Once that 10 hours is up you have to wait for launch.
    In bioware games I always want to wander and talk to npcs before I do missions. I could probably blow 10 hours just in fort tarsis. So I have to fight that urge and get in some good gameplay time. Which is fine because it's awesome.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I'm not sure the Anthem combos are on the same level of satisfaction as Mass Effect 3 biotic detonations, but they come close, and they come much closer than anything else since then. Very fun to do.

During the demo one of the main things i came away with was the hope that at some point down the line they introduce some kind of, i don’t know, “dark energy” line of elemental abilities that are basically biotic powers. And then make the combo sound exactly like it was in ME3.

They kind of do. Amber is the element 0 that Biotics used. Only here they use Amber to power everything.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    Mortious wrote: »
    So I was doing a freeplay roam, and after a while it kicked me back to Fort Tarris, saying there's been a connection issue. Do lose everything I got during the freeplay?

Next time you do an epedition you should get the loots (you can just do a freeplay and kill it right away) you should get an email with your exp you earned as well.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Fair warning:

Do not use Quickplay if you haven't completed the game.

The final mission is duplicated as a Stronghold which you can join into, so you spoil the game ending. Just saw a level 3 join seagull and bahroo (level ~20s) repeating the last fight.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Freeplay, I joined you so I could complete world events. Please stop having world events that bug out, that's two for two now :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Fair warning:

Do not use Quickplay if you haven't completed the game.

The final mission is duplicated as a Stronghold which you can join into, so you spoil the game ending. Just saw a level 3 join seagull and bahroo (level ~20s) repeating the last fight.

Yea, Bahroo has had 2 level 3s and a level 2 join his game. Him and Seagull are trying to warn them over ingame voice to leave if they don't want to be spoiled, but the low levels keep getting requeued into the fight.

Characters
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    What was that one tweet about the Ranger where one of its abilities had a unique thing other Javs didn’t have? It came from one of the devs I think

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    What was that one tweet about the Ranger where one of its abilities had a unique thing other Javs didn’t have? It came from one of the devs I think

Energy Pulse supposedly ignores shields.

Characters
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

it has an attack/ability that can bypass shields.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I've built my ranger in two different ways. Either just specializing in nothing but guns and using like a general purpose assault rifle

Or as you unlock more slots you can really buff up your grenades, faster regen, better area damage, etc. Then you're more of an AoE killer, just chucking grenades into any group of 2+ enemies.

Yeah, I think I'm picking Ranger as first suit. I liked it quite a lot in the demo.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Oh. Your armor doesn't have to look like shit. Can choose "brand new." Gamechanger.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Nice, thanks, I couldn’t find that tweet

Can’t decide between Ranger or Interceptor. I love the mobility of the Int, but I’m worried the melee nature if its Ult will be a hindrance

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Wishlist: separate appearance loadouts from gear loadouts.

Can’t decide between Ranger or Interceptor. I love the mobility of the Int, but I’m worried the melee nature if its Ult will be a hindrance

You'll get another Javelin by the time that ever becomes a problem. It doesn't take long to get to lvl 8.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Wishlist: separate appearance loadouts from gear loadouts.

If you have suggestions tweet that shit to mark or someone. they're pretty good about changing stuff if it makes sense and doesnt take too much resources.

Bless your heart.
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So we found out in funny fashion how sensitive Anthem is to drive speed on load. My squad loaded in drive speed order every time we loaded. Me first on my NVMe drive, my friend second on his SATA SSD, and our other friend a whillleeeeee later on his mechanical drive. I would say the difference between my NVMe drive and my friend's SATA SSD was between 0 and 2 seconds, but the my other friends mechanical drive was a 20-40 second difference, depending on the load.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited February 2019
    I get the feeling with some of these new games that developers are assuming players will have an SSD. I say that because most of my newer AAA games only approach reasonable load times on an SSD.

Alternatively, standard magnetic drives are just the weak link in modern high end gaming systems.

soylenth on
    I don't know if it's so much assuming as hoping. Texture sizes, number of textures per model, and vertex counts are always steadily rising. So to keep up with modern graphics all those numbers need to go up which pushes things closer and closer to "SSD required" territory.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Am I really getting this right?
    I can subscribe to Premier on the monthly plan, play Anthem for a month or two (I rarely play these games longer than that), then cancel and end up paying only 20 or 40$ total to play the game?

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Open world games, or at least games with enormous levels, have always had long load times. Even some normal games do. They’re not a new thing. It’s just that with SSDs becoming a bit more common you’re hearing about how much better it could be more often.

Fireflash wrote: »
    Am I really getting this right?
    I can subscribe to Premier on the monthly plan, play Anthem for a month or two (I rarely play these games longer than that), then cancel and end up paying only 20 or 40$ total to play the game?

That is the case, yes. You could also play it for a month, decide you really like it and plan to play it long term, then just buy it outright and cancel your sub.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Reinstalling onto ssd. Other than load times game has been good so far.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Trajan45 wrote: »

You'll get another Javelin by the time that ever becomes a problem. It doesn't take long to get to lvl 8.

Yeah I know, but that’s not the point. I would like to focus on one. I’m really curious how viable the Interceptor ult will be through the game, especially against big boss battles

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    People were saying the ult locked down the tank pretty good on that nasty tank mission in the demo. Probably depends on whether a boss can be stun-locked.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Yeah I know, but that’s not the point. I would like to focus on one. I’m really curious how viable the Interceptor ult will be through the game, especially against big boss battles

I liked it for the big boss fight in the demo weekend. Couldn't really damage the boss much with it but good for the wave spawns and as a panic invincibility option.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    The Interceptor's ult is pretty good for drawing a boss' aggro because it lasts way longer than most other Javs ults and you're invincible during the whole duration.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Damn where was this animation team for Andromeda?

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Yeah the quality of the animations and visuals in general make me very unhappy that this wasn't a traditional Bioware space opera or fantasy RPG

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Oh. Your armor doesn't have to look like shit. Can choose "brand new." Gamechanger.

Fuckin... WHERE?!

Friends, since we are past 100 pages, I have made a new thread that you may or may not enjoy.

Dhalphir wrote: »
    Yeah the quality of the animations and visuals in general make me very unhappy that this wasn't a traditional Bioware space opera or fantasy RPG

Well if it does well, maybe they’ll expand the universe with more content or a SP game.

The environments look amazing. But people still look terrible. Mass Effect 3 had better models. Someone in EA Dice needs to work on a better module for frostbite.

This discussion has been closed.