As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Love the credits song I was dying. What a great movie. All the articles are saying it tanked on opening weekend :(

I wonder if that took the early showings into account? The early showing that I hit was pretty packed, but that could have hurt the official opening weekend.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Love the credits song I was dying. What a great movie. All the articles are saying it tanked on opening weekend :(

I wonder if that took the early showings into account? The early showing that I hit was pretty packed, but that could have hurt the official opening weekend.

They are blaming it on the weather. I know that kept me from going out. I'm hoping it will have legs, but this is apparently a very packed Feb for movie releases?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

They are blaming it on the weather. I know that kept me from going out. I'm hoping it will have legs, but this is apparently a very packed Feb for movie releases?

There’s a chance for this to have some legs, the biggest opening this weekend is Alita; which looks interesting but probably won’t do that great domestically.

But then next week it’s How to Train Your Dragon, and then 2 weeks after that it’s Captain Marvel. So there are some heavy hitters coming.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    they get one more weekend before httyd3 at least, hopefully it goes ok. i'd hate for these to fail because the humor in them is like perfectly designed for me.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I was pretty disappointed in the film. Like it was fine but it fell really flat with me. I thought it was significantly weaker than the first one and Batman in pretty much every way.

It’s hard to put my finger on exactly why but I dunno, I left the theatre feeling kinda bummed out.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    man, the flinstones just... don't do anything for me

I think the cartoon was too long ago for me to really be nostalgic about it

weirdly I might have been more into a Jetsons set?

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    man, the flinstones just... don't do anything for me

I think the cartoon was too long ago for me to really be nostalgic about it

weirdly I might have been more into a Jetsons set?

That was sort of my first thought too, it’s got to be at least two decades since it was on TV, even just as reruns.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I wonder if a collective-nostalgia type set would be a better idea. Like pack in some iconic things from each series into one box.

• Options
    Speaking of nostalgia, I finally built Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!!!

I love it, but I kinda wish it would have used more classic pieces.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    New York Toy fair is this weekend so expect new set news. There are already a couple pictures of new Lego Movie 2 sets but I won't post them due to movie spoilers.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    New York Toy fair is this weekend so expect new set news. There are already a couple pictures of new Lego Movie 2 sets but I won't post them due to movie spoilers.

I kinda regret clicking the link I saw about that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I went looking for those photos, and man

all three of those sets looks amazing, but one of them looks especially 😙👌

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »

It's the couch, right?

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Are they going to slowly make a massive hogwarts?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

It's the couch, right?

Movie spoiler
    The moment that appeared I was like, "That had better be a set."

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

It's the couch, right?
    Absolutely.

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Are they going to slowly make a massive hogwarts?

Did they reveal the new HP sets yet?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Speaking of nostalgia, I finally built Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!!!

I love it, but I kinda wish it would have used more classic pieces.

I just did this too! I got the set a few years back as a Christmas present, but didn't build it because we didn't have room.

Well we have a house now, so we have room...

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    I’m gonna just leave this here. Jurassic-sized spoilers ahead.

• Options
    I am 100% buying that cool set. Look at the squad of tiny dinos on the boat! Dino Squad!

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    There is no way that my son won't end up with that set. Wow.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular

still not as cool as the Monster Hunter line.

• Options
    southwick wrote: »

still not as cool as the Monster Hunter line.

Look, I'll take what I can get.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Augh, I fondled every minifigure bag in the store but couldn't find Scarecrow. I've got the whole gang except for him.

• Options
    Confirmation and some photos of the new TIE fighter sets from Star Wars: Resistance
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/02/16/lego-star-wars-sets-from-resistance-and-more-in-person-at-the-2019-new-york-toy-fair-news/#more-172429

That red interceptor is pretty cool looking.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    $70 for sub-500 pieces on the red interceptor. I love me some ties, but yikes.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    $70 for sub-500 pieces on the red interceptor. I love me some ties, but yikes.

Yeah, that's a swift kick to the tender bits, but I'm sure if I can manage to hold off for a month or two, it'll be on sale on Amazon.

Spoiler: I don't believe I'll be able to hold off.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Man, compared to the other star Wars sets I have, they seem really unpolished. Lots of sharp edges and such.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ooooh. I love the red TIE!! That price though... But red... TIE... Must be strong.

The new TIE Interceptor looks a lot like a modified TIE Striker. Even has the top piece or a similar one.

Love the Action ones even more. Talk about fun sets.

Man my LEGO collection is going to grow bigger.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I've noticed too , even in some city sets, any larger plates seem to rack up the price nowadays. (Tho for City it's at least full boat shells and such )

Edit: those action sets are neat and the kid inside me loves them. Adult me knows how fast pieces of it will get lost tho.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The Lego Movie 2 was really really good, y'all. Very good message, if a bit rushed at the end.

Having just watched the original again yesterday, I think there was more foreshadowing for Rex than I thought. Namely, I -think- Rex's hair matches Emmet's when he first wakes up and before he combs it in the first movie. Obviously the big tell is that he has pupil-less eyes, but still. Interesting twist on the Futurama plot!

Maya Rudolph, expressing the frustration of parents everywhere.

I did have one nagging part, though - when Rex starts fading, he loses a leg - and you can't see the peg going into his waist part! I wonder if they did that intentionally, to avoid creeping out anyone. Kind of a shame Emmet was never found, though.

Athenor on
  • Options
    been building an older space shuttle set. only 1200 pieces but hot damn i haven't built a set without numbered bags in a while and i am weak. small eternity getting through 75% of the build just searching for pieces.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Oh wow, this guy has made some great stuff - fantastic to see him working for Lego officially as a designer!

Also if any of y'all have a lot of design experience and were interested in moving to Denmark...

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Those minifig-size floppy discs and such on his site are amazing.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Man, wish I found his site before. Some of these are really tempting to buy for nostalgia.

Edit: Oh cool, he has a site with the build instructions to make your own. Now I need to decide if I delve into this rabbit hole or stay safe where I am.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I continue to be delighted by the "small" sets from the LEGO Movie 2. Benny's Space Squad is the obvious standout, but I just stumbled upon this poly-bag.
    maxresdefault.jpg

It's a super fun build, comes with a minifig and has really great playability when finished. It's even a mini 3-in-1. And it costs the whopping sum of about 5$.

Edit: Oh, and apparently, the Emmett face print on this minifig is completely unique to this set...

So all you completionist collectors... go ahead and go! :biggrin:

Hakunin on
  • Options
    swhKeFn.jpg?1

s'good set. was missing a few pieces but made it work.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, so nobody has posted this yet?

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Ford-Mustang-10265

I'm so going to order this one.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.