As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That's the [Anthem], y'all got to play me. Get your gun, suit up!

soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
edited February 2019 in Games and Technology
No, it's not Destiny. No, it's not Warframe. It's Iron Man meets Diablo 3 and maybe that planet from Avatar. Freeze your enemies! Detonate them with lightning! TAKE ALL THEIR STUFF! PVE focused gameplay focused on 4 different javelins exosuits: floaty lightning wizard with a stylish cape (Storm), party bus/chonky boy/tank bomb for all your up close and personal flame-throwing, shield slamming, artillery launching needs (colossus), Iron man shooty shoot, grenade lobbing/shield busting (ranger), and sneaky, sneak, cut cut cut triple flip away assassin melee! (interceptor). Do you like flying with rocket boots? I hope you like flying with rocket boots. And also plummeting from the sky with varying degrees of intent and control.

Anyway, it's fun, you should play! Rumors of a bad demo foreshadowing a disastrous launch have been greatly exaggerated. Launch is good! People are liking it!

Perhaps you want some more of the Bioware writing you have come to know and love. Or at least know. People are liking that too!

Google doc for PA team sign-up, from Simpsonia:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lgqvpArn98dN_IFWXUnhxVl-F1X_pfVeyZ_M8E6C4rs/edit?usp=sharing

Launch Trailer:

https://youtu.be/DPf-EATqFng

The first 20 minutes of gameplay:

https://youtu.be/nMHceQxfdhI

Ability chart for primers/detonators/whatnot: https://www.zockify.de/anthem/ability-chart/

Dx3kmfcWsAE9Deq.jpg

soylenth on

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    From the other thread:
    ED! wrote: »
    Oh. Your armor doesn't have to look like shit. Can choose "brand new." Gamechanger.

Fuckin... WHERE?!

• asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    From the other thread:
    Oh. Your armor doesn't have to look like shit. Can choose "brand new." Gamechanger.

Fuckin... WHERE?!

I think you have to be a certain pilot level or progress the story to a certain point.

asofyeun wrote: »
    From the other thread:

Fuckin... WHERE?!

I think you have to be a certain pilot level or progress the story to a certain point.

Ah, okay. Cool, I can handle that. "Old" doesn't bother me too much, but dammit I want options.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    asofyeun wrote: »
    From the other thread:

Fuckin... WHERE?!

Ah, okay. Cool, I can handle that. "Old" doesn't bother me too much, but dammit I want options.

I vaguely recall that being something like a reputation reward.

Also, Party Vespa is great fun! Space Robot Dressup went well:
    ezjybT5.jpg?2

I've been wandering around collecting abilities for it. Not sure what I like best. It is certainly much more demanding of mobility than the Party Van. Comparatively slow at butchering trash out of the box. Blue bars and crunchies are food, I guess?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    One of the better looking interceptors I've seen so far.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I gave my Party Van a new paintjob.

BaMbPs5.png

edited February 2019
    Ooooh. I like that Party Van. I haven't quite gotten to terms with the undersuit yet. Brown is as bright as I've gone.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    From the other thread:

Fuckin... WHERE?!

Under "Wear State" in appearance. I like the "old" for the collossus, but "new" is just so much better for the other Javelins.

. . .and how the hell did they get Kristen Schall for this? Though her voice lines are bugged as she shows up sooner than she should.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    From the other thread:

Fuckin... WHERE?!

Under "Wear State" in appearance. I like the "old" for the collossus, but "new" is just so much better for the other Javelins.

. . .and how the hell did they get Kristen Schall for this? Though her voice lines are bugged as she shows up sooner than she should.

I guess I have to hit a rep/story breakpoint for that option to show up; all I have so far is "Old" or "Dirty". Booooo.

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    Encountered an amusing Dragon Age reference. Minor spoiler on how to find it:
    It was the second or third conversation I had with Maxine the Bartender.

Major spoiler:
    I never would have guessed Xenon the Antiquarian as a cross-franchise call out. The whole anecdote was pretty great.

Also, is the PA Origin list just for generating massive Alliance XP or are we grouping up? I have the first stronghold on my quest list, so a non-rando group might be a good thing.

edited February 2019
    Huh. Party Vespa gets an interesting sort of mod theme to it. I'm most amused.
    Interceptor mods can feature percentage based bonuses and maluses, presumably aimed toward giving a player the option of going all in on particular playstyles.

For example, I've got here a choice of mods that include +35% Shields and -35% Armor, and a really funky one to the tune of +35% Damage Dealt of base and -35% Damage Taken of base.

I can easily have pistols doing double-ish damage or bump my melee up by half with four mod slots available to me.

Don't get hit, hit bad thing hard with whatever you can hit them with. GO FAST.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    Also, is the PA Origin list just for generating massive Alliance XP or are we grouping up? I have the first stronghold on my quest list, so a non-rando group might be a good thing.

por que no los dos?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Basil wrote: »
    Interceptor mods can feature percentage based bonuses and maluses, presumably aimed toward giving a player the option of going all in on particular playstyles.

For example, I've got here a choice of mods that include, +30% Pistol Damage, +25% Weapon Damage, +35% Shields and -35% Armor, and a really funky one to the tune of +35% Damage Dealt and +35% Damage Taken.

Are all of them...
    ...actually negatives, though? Like... "Double-Edged Inscription" reads "Increases all damage dealt by 35% of base and damage taken by -35% of base."

What does it mean to increase damage taken by negative 35%? In terms of pure math, it seems like a 35% damage reduction.

edited February 2019
    Basil wrote: »

For example, I've got here a choice of mods that include, +30% Pistol Damage, +25% Weapon Damage, +35% Shields and -35% Armor, and a really funky one to the tune of +35% Damage Dealt and +35% Damage Taken.

Are all of them...
    ...actually negatives, though? Like... "Double-Edged Inscription" reads "Increases all damage dealt by 35% of base and damage taken by -35% of base."

What does it mean to increase damage taken by negative 35%? In terms of pure math, it seems like a 35% damage reduction.

I would laugh and laugh and laugh if they managed to program a double negative rather than just writing one. Their mod descriptions are not well done.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Sort of spoiler..kinda of.
    I just told a girl to follow her dreams to pet a baby wild killer animal
    I am a bad person

Bless your heart.
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

Both? I think the spreadsheet is probably more useful for Alliance XP bonuses. For groups I'd probably hit up the PA Discord anthem channel. More real time, less random invitey.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Just a heads up but on Reddit people are saying if you are down when a Titan is killed you get no loot. Bioware knows about it and will be fixed at some point but try not to die at the last minute.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I am a bad person

Like y'all wouldn't pet this, any of you.
    914608f4f891439a849e9cc70b3e731d.jpg

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I am a bad person

No I'd try to give it belly rubs.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

I am a bad person

But would you pet this?
    KxdrcM0r.jpg

• asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    I am a bad person

But would you pet this?
    KxdrcM0r.jpg

yes

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I just realized I don't have my pre-order weapon and I'd assume I don't have my ranger pre-order armor either, is there something I need to do to grab them on origin basic?

Also does anyone have a second VIP decal? Looks like I just have one from the VIP and one from EA access.

Carpy on
    I am a bad person

But would you pet this?
    KxdrcM0r.jpg

I mean... Maybe? Penguins are cute, right, and uh... They scary.

edited February 2019
    ... And that is why australia is a lovely place to live where nobody can complain about wildlife because it could be so much worse. You could have space geese.
    furlion wrote: »
    Just a heads up but on Reddit people are saying if you are down when a Titan is killed you get no loot. Bioware knows about it and will be fixed at some point but try not to die at the last minute.

Titans are my favorite boss enemy to fight with a Party Van. I managed to kill a big scary one, alone, earlier. Shield best shield 2019.
    Unfortunately, I was all in on elemental damage, so it took a good while ...

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Huh, so talking to a particularly annoying NPC can significantly lower your reputation with all factions depending on how you answer him. So, uh, just be a dick to him and you'll be ok.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Doing the first dungeon and the game could do A LOT better job telling you what is killing you. . .

Also that first boss fight. . .pure looter shooter crack.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Since we're sharing FashionJavelins, for your consideration: OH LAWD HE COMIN'
    4hou6ekpf5l2.jpg

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    Huh, so talking to a particularly annoying NPC can significantly lower your reputation with all factions depending on how you answer him. So, uh, just be a dick to him and you'll be ok.

I'm glad I disliked him from the very start, this is good to know!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    so you can't skin your weapons can you? Or am i missing something?

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    My Interceptor:
    4nzves9k0syr.jpg

Legs for miles.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    OH LAWD HE definitely COMIN'

e0K420y.png

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    look at that little guy hiding in there

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Question: can you see when equipping grenades/assault launcher stuff/etc. what is a primer or a detonator?
    Or do we have to have that handy chart nearby at all times?

Maybe a suggestion for the OP: add that chart to the OP.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    This game seems...pretty sweet 10 minutes in!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Question: can you see when equipping grenades/assault launcher stuff/etc. what is a primer or a detonator?
    Or do we have to have that handy chart nearby at all times?

Maybe a suggestion for the OP: add that chart to the OP.

I think the little circle/diamond symbols are meant to show up on the various slot items, so you just need to remember “symbol that doesn’t look like a detonation: primer” and “symbol that does look like a detonation: detonator”. Legends speak of Javelin systems that are neither primer _nor_ detonator, but surely these are the wild rantings of madmen. Without the ability to combo things at all times, would we even have thrown off the yoke of the Urgoth, citizen? A laughable proposition.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
    So. . .I dismantled my Legendary pre-order weapon. ..:(

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    so apparently you have to to open Anthem through the EA Access app to play it early. didn't do that. heh.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

If it makes you feel better, you find better about halfway through the campaign.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

If you're not far into the game yet, you might be able to claim it again if you restart.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
This discussion has been closed.