As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

From the ashes of Titanfall rises [Apex Legends]

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Oh I'm good at #2 alright

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I just played a round with a 2 man squad, my squad mate was a little kid on mike. Maybe 8 or 10? He was level 2 and didn't really know this game but he must play fortnight because he got 2 kills, rezzed me, communicated.

He grabbed my respawn beacon probably by accident after I went down and I had to explain how to respawn someone.

It felt weird being carried by a kid who's barely played. I also heard his dad in the background watching him play. We made it to the last 5 squads. After we died I said he did great, and he thanked me for helping him.

The whole thing was so wholesome.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    iJTnkEl.jpg

That's Chappie

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Gonna hop on ps4 for a bit!

• Options
    All the hardcore Chappie fans clamour for Chappie, Chappieheads worldwide demand Chappie

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Who would like to play on PC/PS4?

I figure i’ll stop just sending out invites on origin since they can cause some problems.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I'm free for a few XB1 runs if anyone's up for it.

• Options
    I am Stump Chudd I will be around to be bad shortly

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Finally got to level 23 and unlocked Caustic and this boy is very fun

Pairs quite well with my preferred playstyle of "spray wildly with an smg"

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Man, leavers in this game suck.

I've had people leave the game even after I've won the fight, collected their tag, and am currently on my way to the goddamn res beacon.

No matter how dire the circumstances, I always hang around at least until the respawn timer has timed out. I hate when people just "assume" that no one can get to them or are too impatient to wait.

RT800 on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Man, leavers in this game suck.

I've had people leave the game even after I've won the fight, collected their tag, and am currently on my way to the goddamn res beacon.

No matter how dire the circumstances, I always hang around at least until the respawn timer has timed out. I hate when people just "assume" that no one can get to them or are too impatient to wait.

I mean I get it sometimes when like, it's a huge firefight and there's two other squads there and the teammate has a pistol with no extra ammo to assume "there is basically no way they're getting to me, and if they try they will lose" but yeah I've seen people D/C the moment they go down, let alone get killed.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Some people are weird like that. Heck, even after I get killed, I sometimes stick around to see if the group that got me can go all the way to first place.

• Options
    I got grouped up with a pair of bros speaking EXTREMELY LOUDLY into mic in spanish the entire time we were in game who both dropped as soon as one of them got knocked.

It was kind of a blessing to be honest

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I just won my first game of this and got the winning kill so I'm basically the best murder person ever.

Admittedly, that was my only kill and I had to be respawned twice by the blessed angels that were my squadmates, but still.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    FYI for folks I end up playing with on Origin, I just changed my Origin tag to Robo_Wizard2 to more closely match my name on other platforms

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Heh, speaking of leavers. I actually left my first game of the night.

Squad mate started bitching loudly about how he was gonna leave me if I got knocked down because I "took his weapon".

I legit didn't even take his weapon. I have no fucking clue what he was even talking about.

But better to roll the dice on another squad that isn't actively trying to fuck me.

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    I just won my first game of this and got the winning kill so I'm basically the best murder person ever.

Admittedly, that was my only kill and I had to be respawned twice by the blessed angels that were my squadmates, but still.

Hey a W is a W.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oh by the way for the OP I'm I3rigand on Origin

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    had a pair of wins tonight, i think that brings me up to 5?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I cannot handle the recoil on the prowler at all

• Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    Almost all of last night, my squad wouldn't get a 3rd member and then just before drop the 2nd would quit and leave me by myself.

Made it to top 3 every time too.

mostly because i never saw anybody.

• Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    I got HARD carried to a win today by a Mirage who was an absolute beast. He took out two full squads basically solo. I managed to contribute a little chip damage in the final fight but man, that guy was amazing.

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I'm having much more success in recent games. I've taken to just diving straight into the high-yield area with random folks. When it goes poorly, it goes quickly, when you manage to get some kit you wind up very set up for the rest of the game.

I had one shockingly good game with just a 2-person squad. We managed to take down I think 3 other squads and get to the final 4-5? The Devotion with a hop-up is simply excellent. I feel like I've had a lot more success with shotguns or LMGs. Either do all the damage up front or just outlast someone.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    The weird fucked up rate of fire on the Devotion makes me not like it at all despite having most of my kills with it

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I'm having much more success in recent games. I've taken to just diving straight into the high-yield area with random folks. When it goes poorly, it goes quickly, when you manage to get some kit you wind up very set up for the rest of the game.

I had one shockingly good game with just a 2-person squad. We managed to take down I think 3 other squads and get to the final 4-5? The Devotion with a hop-up is simply excellent. I feel like I've had a lot more success with shotguns or LMGs. Either do all the damage up front or just outlast someone.

Yeah you really need to get into the fighting fast. This way you'll learn the game much faster than when hiding for ten minutes then dying the the first squad you meet

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    honestly, if there’s a skill that’s improved my matches it’s jumpmastering

being the first squad to wherever you land is so critical, so knowing when/where to jump, how to dolphin dive to travel further/faster, etc

• Options
    I'm not proud of the pleasure I take in gunning down hapless gunless idiots in the first 30 seconds but I won't deny it

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Despite getting kicked out of my game with Tank, I had some good matches. Peacekeeper kinda feels like cheating.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Had a great last game of the day, me as Bangalore, other dude as bloodhound, third dude unfortunately disconnected after dying and before we could rez them.

In the end it was us and two other teams with 2 and 3 people. Of the three person team, two just ran directly into our position, got smoked and, unfortunately for them, continued to walk exactly where they were going, so we just.. Shot them..

Then apparently the other player deleted the other squad of one, so it was a wraith against a bloodhound and a Bangalore, and she tasted the power of Miss Vapalot, mistress of fat clouds (cherry)

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    both my squadmates die, i pick up their banners with a sliver of health left, run all the way across the map dodging firefights, respawn them as there are 3 teams left

lifeline doesnt know how to deploy health drone, maybe doesn't speak english, get rolled by the last team because we have no health, smh

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Random players are always a risk. But somehow it feels great if you manage that win, for that short time you had overlapping goals and managed to reach them through teamwork with someone you never saw and probably never will see again, living their very own, very different life.
    that's kinda cool

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Random players are always a risk. But somehow it feels great if you manage that win, for that short time you had overlapping goals and managed to reach them through teamwork with someone you never saw and probably never will see again, living their very own, very different life.
    that's kinda cool

yeah wins in this game with randos feels super good

because of the pinging and the abilities, i feel like we're all contributing even if some players are clearly better at shooting

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Every match my bamboozle tracker goes higher and that is all that matters.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Bumming about the Apex-Reddit, I ran into this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSwk3gZ3ZVY

Holy crap, I wish I could pull off shots like that.

• Options
    i downed 2 players with bangalore's smoke grenade thing, it was awesome

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Ubik wrote: »
    i downed 2 players with bangalore's smoke grenade thing, it was awesome

There's a counter for Smoke Grenade hits for her banner if you didn't know.

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    found a gold r301 in a lootbot.... immediately got d/c'd.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    I
    LOVE
    MIRAGE

I had just respawned my two teammates after finishing off the squad that killed them and while they dropped in I was jumped. Knocked down three enemies from two different squads single handedly by firing off decoys and shooting them while they shot my decoys

I only died because I 100% ran out of ammo. I spent literally 150 rounds of ammo in a 1 minute firefight

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    honestly, if there’s a skill that’s improved my matches it’s jumpmastering

being the first squad to wherever you land is so critical, so knowing when/where to jump, how to dolphin dive to travel further/faster, etc

I never understood this so I found a guide
    https://youtu.be/1WhZZz0VToo