As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Witness the beginning of a [movies] thread

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    What. We Do in the Shadows has absolutely become one of my comfort films

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    What, we do in the shadows?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Man, Gustav is being really argumentative about the film We Do In The Shadows. Kind of rude.

• Options
    Like who was arguing that We Do In The Shadows has not become one of your comfort films?

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I just got out of Alita: Battle Angel having gone in with 0 expectations and knowing nothing about it and man.

I kinda fucking loved it. They went all in on the trash ass 90's cheese and it worked super swell.

Robert Rodriguez makes campy, fun movies that are like delicious movie junk food and this was a big, colorful bowl of 90's cyber punk artificial fruit colored sugary cereal that actually had a little nutritional value.

Really hope they do a sequel cause its deffo a 2 parter but I think the critical reviews ain't been too hot because people don't know how to have fun.

• Options
    No I'm pretty sure I know how to have fun

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Last night we weren't quite in the mood for Con Air, so we offered some more low-key offerings to our cinematic, democratic evening.

And, of course, I won.

So I showed my roommate and his girlfriend Cat's Don't Dance.

And they were terrified of its villain, who is basically a deranged Shirley Temple who hates minorities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRcdLztYdeY

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    No I'm pretty sure I know how to have fun

syh5dy6tkijg.jpg

12s6zq7tdifu.jpg

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I actually didn't know Alita was a Robert Rodriguez movie so now I'm back to having zero urge to see it

• Options
    You fools! You absolute philistines!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I had fun watching it but not for the intended reasons

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Long and turgid, eh?

And that's supposed to dissuade me?

https://imgur.com/gallery/dBEmELN

??

(NSFW)

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Watched John Wick 2 today. Enjoyed it a bunch, even more than the first one, but the biggest standout was the soundtrack. Multiple times in the movie I felt blown away by how well the soundtrack was working for me.
    Also, I really enjoyed the ending shots where the dog is happily running next to John, although I don't think that was the intent. When the house blew up in the beginning, all I was thinking was, "Goddammit they'd better not have killed another dog."

And the next movie comes out in like, a month, so was good timing for me to watch it.

Edit:Misread May as March. 3 months.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The Alita screening I'm sitting in right now is actually surprisingly full.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Is What We Do in the Shadows any good? It totally passed me by and I thought it was a normal horror film but then I heard an actual description of it today and it sounds more like something I might enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWk4YtK-iHY

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The Alita screening I'm sitting in right now is actually surprisingly full.

I just came back from seeing Alita with my cousin. There was a pretty big audience in our showing, for what it's worth, but this theater is also in a college town. Neither of us knew anything about it other than the name, and my cousin honestly only agreed to see it because I wanted to. We both enjoyed it a lot, though, to the point that she now hopes it does well enough for a sequel.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    What we do in the shadows is so fucking good. I am excited for the show

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm watching Hearts Beat Loud and this movie kind of has me wrapped around it's fingers like movies like this tend to do.

Give me indie music, love, parents and kids making music together... You have me hooked.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Nevermind... Whining, loud kids have basically made continuing the movie impossible.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I'm watching Hearts Beat Loud and this movie kind of has me wrapped around it's fingers like movies like this tend to do.

Give me indie music, love, parents and kids making music together... You have me hooked.

The original music they did for that was pretty good. I threw a few of the songs into my usual playlists.

Have you seen Sing Street? If not, take a look, you'd probably enjoy it.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Is What We Do in the Shadows any good? It totally passed me by and I thought it was a normal horror film but then I heard an actual description of it today and it sounds more like something I might enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWk4YtK-iHY

That crossing you see with the umbrella at the 5 minute mark has now been painted in a Pride Rainbow and the green pedestrian signal lights up in the silhouette of drag queen.

Pretty much everyone thinks it's awesome.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    We chose Alita over Happy Death Day 2 U using the logic that the theatre would be empty for Alita and were basically correct.

I liked Happy Death Day 2 U. It kind of has that problem where it's mostly just the first movie again but it has enough wrinkles to make it still work. I figure if you liked the first, you'll probably like it.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Oh I didn't know Happy Death Day 2 U was out already. I'll have to go see it.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Alita is in a weird spot in terms of sequel potential, I think

Movie question that could be spoiler
    Do they introduce Desty Nova at all?

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Yes.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Maddoc wrote: »

Alita
    He's essentially the main antagonist, even though you don't even see him until the end

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I think I'm gonna go home and watch What We Do in The Shadows and eat Taco Bell in bed.

That movie will always have a place in my heart of hearts.

As will the Taco Bell. Somewhere in the carotid artery.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I would have said the sub-cockle area. Maybe the liver, the kidneys, or even the colon.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Por que no los... -one, two, three, four- quatro?

Juggernut on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Bueno.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Un mojito, dos mojitos

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    CERVEZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Un mojito, dos mojitos

El doctor does recomendando

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Del gato in queso pantalones ?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Del gato in queso pantalones ?

You

ILL KILL YOU

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Tequila squared.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Not shocking at all but always good to have confirmation https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/16/transformers-brand-info-from-new-york-toy-fair-2019-fan-media-panel-hasbrotoyfair-383106?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    Panel Highlights:

Transformers: Bumblebee movie officially declared as “a new storytelling universe”.

Hasbro's officially calling Bumblebee a reboot, no more Bayformers

• Options
    Transformers is dead

Long live the Transformers

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Tonight I watched The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot

It's actually a really sincere and emotional movie with some bouts of pulp weirdness, and you shouldn't expect wacky grindhouse stuff

I quite liked it

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Just watched Miller’s Crossing for the first time. Damn good movie. Love that Sam Raimi had a cameo.

This discussion has been closed.