As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I met the devs for Fantasy Strike at PAX South, and when I played it I had to have it. As someone who has given up on 2LK-of-death anime fighters, its a breath of fresh air, being intensely about footsies over combos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwG8om99P4

You can't crouch and you have a jump button. Combos can't really get higher than 3. Health bars are segmented to represent individual hits. Its kinda amusing when a dramatic ult hits for 1 pip of health.

I really love their take on Guile, but did they ever cut down on Valerie's prodigious damage output?

And have you ever tried Under Night? It's a really amazing compromise between footsies-oriented neutral and anime air dashers.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    David Sirlin is a madman and I love that he exists

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Any suggestions who I should pair with Videl and Jiren? I think Gohan is my weak link on my team and I’m looking to replace him

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Blanka has a bug where he can cancel his CA into hop that results in a time freeze allowing him to run an infinite, and it does not consume his meter

it's 1-frame window however

probably the worst bug in the game ever found in the sense that it's reproducible on demand and if you're crispy enough could be used to execute anyone at will

Jasconius on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    That's awesome

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    let blanka have this

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    this was found last night but not reproduced offline until today, which is apparently also Blanka's canonical birthday

sometimes, fighting games are good

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I like how he briefly appears to be in two places at once. Blanka is The One.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I don't see how this is any different from RSF, let it rock.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Hmmm accurate (im a 09 so now I feel old)

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    now we are ogs and can command respect
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3h2K8J0blI
    respect

• Options
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    now we are ogs and can command respect
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3h2K8J0blI
    respect

https://youtu.be/MG5H-c5S4jI

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Random thoughts:

As someone who grew up during the arcades I am honestly confused by this anything goes mentality that some people in the FGC promote. Its true that folks could get rowdy and not every place was the same as others. But you could also easily get your ass kicked for coming at people the wrong way and as such people usually conducted themselves properly.

I don't know I kind of feel some of the older players romanticize this stuff and newer players who don't know any better just run away with it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    SonicFox is on the front page of WashingtonPost.com

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

It's a huge ass article too, not some small blurb.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    oh hey

i found my custom sf2/3/4 art by long vo (the hdr main artist and udon main stay)

theyre really good!

gigantic ass imgur spoilers below

Y6ArYDT.jpg

Gvr2X1c.jpg

dyZhs7k.jpg

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

It's a huge ass article too, not some small blurb.

I'm not a fan of the WaPo, but good! I'm happy every time people are introduced to the biggest, gayest, furry-est talent in the FGC. I love it!

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So I'm guessing something pervy happened at Evo Japan cause people are arguing about tits in fighting games again?

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So I'm guessing something pervy happened at Evo Japan cause people are arguing about tits in fighting games again?
    there was a sexually provocative DoA6 ad on stream, and they cut the stream and tweeted about how it was against Evo's core values
    people are mad because omg sjws and how its hypocritical to be prudish about sexual content with MK11's gore being accepted
    important memes DSpo6kt.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Ah I see.

Edit: So yeah I found the video and that shit was awkward as hell not sure why dudes were blowing their load over it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    "You accept X so you must also accept Y" is usually a trash argument in most situations.

• Options
    put core values in smash

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Jyobin coming back from the dead and getting winners top 8 at Evo Japan is INCREDIBLE.

AND OF COURSE HE PLAYS NECALLI.

For those uninitiated:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w2ALH90Sd8

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Evo has forced people to change their costumes in SF V because the women's outfits were too sexy. Not really surprising that they might have a problem with the DOA stuff.

Watched the clips. Yeah, the joke was Bass looked like he was doing something naughty while they showed off the screenshot function. The women that were hired as models did some light slapping and jumping to show the jiggle physics of reality at work. The article warned it was very nsfw, but I shouldn't be checking fighting game videos at work anyway. I didn't see why that would be cut.

It is some Japanese marketing. I see women in swimsuits almost every time I take a train here.
    Lars wrote: »
    "You accept X so you must also accept Y" is usually a trash argument in most situations.

Yeah, but given the games being shown on stream, I don't see why they wouldn't accept it. They knew what DoA is when they scheduled it. The new game is trying to be more esports and less a "tiddie game", but it still has a certain reputation. Everybody knows some of the appeal is the "jiggle" as it were.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Winners bracket
    Powell (Cammy) vs. Jyobin (Necalli)
    Victrix|Momochi (Zeku, Kolin) vs. Liquid|Nemo (Urien)

Losers bracket
    REC|Punk (Karin) vs. UYU|OilKing (Rashid)
    CYG|Fuudo (R. Mika, Birdie) vs. Crusher (Birdie)

good character variety

• Options
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Jyobin coming back from the dead and getting winners top 8 at Evo Japan is INCREDIBLE.

AND OF COURSE HE PLAYS NECALLI.

For those uninitiated:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w2ALH90Sd8

I loved that guy, he played like a total nut

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    Evo has forced people to change their costumes in SF V because the women's outfits were too sexy. Not really surprising that they might have a problem with the DOA stuff.

Watched the clips. Yeah, the joke was Bass looked like he was doing something naughty while they showed off the screenshot function. The women that were hired as models did some light slapping and jumping to show the jiggle physics of reality at work. The article warned it was very nsfw, but I shouldn't be checking fighting game videos at work anyway. I didn't see why that would be cut.

It is some Japanese marketing. I see women in swimsuits almost every time I take a train here.
    Lars wrote: »

Yeah, but given the games being shown on stream, I don't see why they wouldn't accept it. They knew what DoA is when they scheduled it. The new game is trying to be more esports and less a "tiddie game", but it still has a certain reputation. Everybody knows some of the appeal is the "jiggle" as it were.

I dunno, I think there's a distinction between "sexy costumes are in the game" and "hires Gravure models to slap each other and emphasize this is definitely a pervy fighter."

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Geddoe wrote: »

That was ESPN2 broadcasting CPT, not Evo. Wiz can eat the devil's butthole in hell, but that one isn't on them.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Still happened during Evo. Was passed on to Kazunoko by an Evo staffer. And I sort of feel that part of his outrage against this incident was that it might hurt his chances of future broadcasting, not an actual outrage by Wiz that "The act goes against the beliefs of Evo staff and the FGC."

Geddoe on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Damn I love Soulcalibur.

Wait, if she’s DLC 4, what were the others?

Tira, 2B, ???, Amy?

• Options
    There are 6 dlc packs total. 4 are characters 2 are costume packs.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Evo 2018 broadcast tons of matches with Cammy default costume.

• Options
  • Options
    apparently there's a US version of the contest but you have to do something on instagram and I dont care THAT much

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    i could watch chipp get four tiger sworded all day
    Tc3ekp7.png?1
    kick this ninja

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sE3m_GpVLA

Really excited about the Arcana Heart addition. Happy about Naoto and Seth. Wish Teddie would go die in a fire.

Really hoping the 6th franchise is Melty.

Mbcc.jpg

Give me Sion/Eltnum, please. Pretty please.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    They'll eventually start running out of Persona characters and have to put Elizabeth in...

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    They'll eventually start running out of Persona characters and have to put Elizabeth in...

She's the only missing character from Arena not in yet, unless you count Shadow Labrys.

Now, Ultimax adds a lot of characters.

This discussion has been closed.