As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That's the [Anthem], y'all got to play me. Get your gun, suit up!

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My 10 hours is up.

I had a blast and can't wait till Friday.

It was especially cruel though that my trial ended right as I was finally getting blues that allowed me to focus on builds and omg I can't wait for endgame.

ObiFett on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    hey, has anyone else had their LoD items disappear from their inventory just recently? I have the cosmetics but both the items are just... gone.

Edit:

this is a wtf. In the loading Bay, several things inside the Forge are just fucked up incl. no ability to see your LoD legendary items.

Go into Ft. Tarsis and it's all back to normal again...

spool32 on
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    so apparently you have to to open Anthem through the EA Access app to play it early. didn't do that. heh.

You do? I wonder what I did then, 'cause I didn't.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The Loading Bay was added very very late and only because the community asked for it.

I wouldnt be surprised if there were tons of bugs in there they gotta work out.

• TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    I added myself to the player list, I haven't played with PA forumers since... ME3 multiplayer? Anyway, I'm here to kick Dominion butt to infinity and beyond:
    nguzzmeig50l.png

All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    so apparently you have to to open Anthem through the EA Access app to play it early. didn't do that. heh.

You do? I wonder what I did then, 'cause I didn't.

when I tried to just run it earlier today, it kept saying it wasn't available. When launched it through EA Access, it worked. It downloaded something or rather, IDK.

Then 15 minutes in I got stuck in some geometry and had to quit because there's no unstuck! *sad trombone*

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Is anybody else finding the game runs way worse now than during the beta? I'm getting hitching out the ass that I was not getting during the beta. The beta ran perfectly smooth 60fps, now it's hitching all over the damn place.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Anyway, here's my javelin, a Storm inspired by the 1990s version of Storm

ZZZs63zl.png

LxX6eco.jpg
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Question: can you see when equipping grenades/assault launcher stuff/etc. what is a primer or a detonator?
    Or do we have to have that handy chart nearby at all times?

Maybe a suggestion for the OP: add that chart to the OP.

Circle in a circle = primer.
    Star exploding = detonator
    No shape = not a combo power

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Sarksus wrote: »
    look at that little guy hiding in there

Orko's final form

JbFxe1s.jpg

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    look at that little guy hiding in there
    He's so mad!

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Tyrant Mine waypoint system fucking sucks. I've seen people just quit because they have no idea where to go from that first area.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. One of the chief complaints I've seen is that information isn't always presented in an easy to understand way.

Not sure if it would help in this specific case, but I've noticed some completely easy to miss UI elements that have made my SA go up. Way points for instance have a very small, easy to miss, arrow that tell you if it's above or below you. Enemy ticks on your heading tape have the same, as do the radar ping search mechanic circles. Your party frames have a little thing that points to where that squadmate is and has a wedge that gets bigger when they are close and thins out to a line the farther away they are.

That said, I agree, the way points can be odd in some areas.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Got new nvidia drivers and today has been crash free. Well, one crash, but it's literally my network saying my computer is no longer connected rather than the game. Directly anyway.

Running really smooth, though still getting repeated pop-in in specific spots.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    This game runs like pure fucking janksauce on my rig. Even running it on "low" settings it stutters and freezes with alarming regularity.

It appears my i5 6600 is not suitable even though it's as fast as the "recommended" proc oh well. I've stress tested everything and found no problems, but I'm getting a new PSU soon. Maybe that'll fix it I dunno.

jungleroomx on
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    This game runs like pure fucking janksauce on my rig. Even running it on "low" settings it stutters and freezes with alarming regularity.

It appears my i5 6600 is not suitable even though it's as fast as the "recommended" proc oh well. I've stress tested everything and found no problems, but I'm getting a new PSU soon. Maybe that'll fix it I dunno.

That's weird. I'm running on a 6700 and it's very smooth. What GPU do you have?

edited February 2019
    I'm running on an i5 4770k and it's fabulous on ultra settings.

We did note a monstrous performance difference between my install on the SSD and Bel's on a platter drive.

After we moved it to SSD and turned on vsync it's flawless.

spool32 on
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Logging off after day 2 and I still feel like Anthem is just really great, but I can totally understand why some would be put off by it. It has some really rough edges and if that's the sort of stuff that bothers you it will likely bother you a lot. I haven't quite finished the story (it's actually fairly lengthy, sure there's a spot where your task is to more or less grind in freeplay but it happened all of once and wasn't THAT bad), but I absolutely still enjoy talking to every character I can when I stop back in at Fort Tarsis. I switched up my build a bit and while I'm not certain I like it better than my last build it's fun in a different way, which is kind of the beauty of the game. I could probably come up with a lengthy enough list of things I think they should fix but damn do I enjoy what's there and I'm all in on the setting, it's capturing me in ways Destiny never really managed to. Though that might be because there's actual lore in-game and the world feels much more fleshed out because there's people to talk to who have their own interesting stories and don't just serve as story related NPCs.

Given that it's a game as a service hopefully they're able to pump out content AND polish over the next several months. As long as they do that I can see myself playing for awhile yet.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »

That's weird. I'm running on a 6700 and it's very smooth. What GPU do you have?

RTX2060, installed on an SSD with 16GB RAM.

I might just crank it to ultra 1440p and see what happens.

A 2060 should handle this on medium/high 1440p at 60 frames. That said, someone earlier was having similar stutter issues with their 1070. Hard to say what the bottleneck is.

TTODewback wrote: »
    Sort of spoiler..kinda of.
    I just told a girl to follow her dreams to pet a baby wild killer animal
    I am a bad person

Oh, this conversation goes amusing places hehehe

edited February 2019
    Also, Crimson Lancer episodes are fucking killing me, I'm.... I'm •gasp, moan* dying.....

spool32 on
    How many people are on the latest nVidia drivers?

Yeah zero difference between a selection of low/mid/high settings and ultra.

The game actually performed a little better.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I'm on the latest ones with no issues that I can see.

That said, Geoforce Experience has some pretty wacky settings for my 1080 should I choose to use them. An odd mix of low, medium, and ultra settings. Not really sure what it's trying to do when I'm running all but a few things ultra (vegetation and shadows on high) and comfortably in the 70-80fps range at 1440p.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So a friend chucked me a access basic referral and I had been playing the trial and

Early Matthias conversation
    [He's talking about his past and how he grew up. I chose an option saying that there should be more survivors like him and he went dark real fast. There was even an ominous music change as he basically read me the riot act

Matthias will remember this

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Beezel wrote: »
    So a friend chucked me a access basic referral and I had been playing the trial and

Early Matthias conversation
    [He's talking about his past and how he grew up. I chose an option saying that there should be more survivors like him and he went dark real fast. There was even an ominous music change as he basically read me the riot act

Matthias will remember this
    I said the same thing and instantly realized that it was definitely the wrong thing to say. Oh well. Subsequent conversations went smoothly and he didn't seem to hold it against me. Time will tell if any of the dialog and choices we make in conversations actually make and difference of if they're just flavor to allow us add some of our own personality to the player character.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    edited February 2019
    Cormac wrote: »
    I'm on the latest ones with no issues that I can see.

That said, Geoforce Experience has some pretty wacky settings for my 1080 should I choose to use them. An odd mix of low, medium, and ultra settings. Not really sure what it's trying to do when I'm running all but a few things ultra (vegetation and shadows on high) and comfortably in the 70-80fps range at 1440p.

I don't know either.

I know I'm not thermal throttling but the game is completely maxing out my CPU at 100% at all times. This was a quick jump outside in freeroam and it just lit up my i5 for all it was worth, but it never got above 45C. My GPU never got too far past 65.

rbcn5xxncjx1.png

jungleroomx on
    spool32 wrote: »
    Also, Crimson Lancer episodes are fucking killing me, I'm.... I'm •gasp, moan* dying.....

Let go of the pain, and hold onto the joy so much that it hurts!

The CPU thing is normal. My 8700K gets pegged by it as well, across all 6 cores. This game uses a very similar tasking engine to Destiny 2, which attempts to pack tasks on to CPU cores as efficiently as possible to maximize use of available hardware. It's basically modern games evolving to not be single core bound and actually use our modern CPU's. There's actually a pretty inside baseball talk about how Destiny 2's engine does it from GDC a couple years ago.

GnomeTank wrote: »
    The CPU thing is normal. My 8700K gets pegged by it as well, across all 6 cores. This game uses a very similar tasking engine to Destiny 2, which attempts to pack tasks on to CPU cores as efficiently as possible to maximize use of available hardware. It's basically modern games evolving to not be single core bound and actually use our modern CPU's. There's actually a pretty inside baseball talk about how Destiny 2's engine does it from GDC a couple years ago.

So basically until I upgrade this CPU (or they release some performance fixes) the game is essentially unplayable.

Neat.

So basically until I upgrade this CPU (or they release some performance fixes) the game is essentially unplayable.

Neat.

I think GnomeTank's point was that the CPU usage as monitored by the OS has little to do with the game performance. The way the game is built means that it looks like it's hogging as much CPU as possible, even if it's not necessarily using it all.

My 6700 is also running at 100% but it isn't struggling and isn't even getting particularly hot. I don't think you're CPU bottlenecked, at least not by Anthem.

Neat.

I think GnomeTank's point was that the CPU usage as monitored by the OS has little to do with the game performance. The way the game is built means that it looks like it's hogging as much CPU as possible, even if it's not necessarily using it all.

My 6700 is also running at 100% but it isn't struggling and isn't even getting particularly hot. I don't think you're CPU bottlenecked, at least not by Anthem.

I mean, the kind of stuttering I'm getting is indicative of a CPU bottleneck, so I'm not sure what else to glean from this. Rubber-banding kind of frame-droppy stuttering.

As @htm said, my point was this game is built to use as much of your CPU as possible, as far as the OS is concerned, but in reality is not that CPU bound. An i5 6600k should be more than enough, and people are running the game on older CPU's like 4790K's and not seeing the issues you are. A 6600K, 16GB of RAM and a 2060 are significantly better than some of my friends who are playing and they aren't see the kind of stuttering you are.

Do you have something like HWMonitor or OpenHardwareMonitor? Can you track your CPU/GPU power usage and make sure one isn't suddenly dropping it's power state unexpectedly?

This is exactly the same issue I'm having, also with a 2060. I did not have this problem during the beta, it's new with the actual release. I can turn it all the way down to 1080/Low and still have this stuttering. It's extremely frustrating.

LxX6eco.jpg

Neat.

I mean, the kind of stuttering I'm getting is indicative of a CPU bottleneck, so I'm not sure what else to glean from this. Rubber-banding kind of frame-droppy stuttering.

Yeah, that's weird and I have no real clue. Were I you, I might look for malware or some sort of daemon/service sucking CPU in the background. I'd also run CPU benchmarks to check that thermals and absolute CPU performance are what they should be. If your heat sink has come loose or something, you might be thermal throttling. Maybe take a look the Windows energy use settings, too. Set them to max performance and see if things get better.

On paper, your system should be more than fine for running Anthem. I'm running a 6700 with a 1080Ti with no performance problems at all. Your machine should be within 10 to 15% of mine in terms of real world gaming performance, with the difference coming almost entirely from the GPU.

edited February 2019
    Definitely check your windows power settings and make sure windows isn't trying to run in power save mode or something.

GnomeTank on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I hart Party Vespa. It plays like I wish warframe did, even with broken abilities and guns that only shoot bullets.

9KmX8eN.jpg
This discussion has been closed.