As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hollow Knight] Sequel: Now has a store page; still no release date

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    That is a damn rad gif.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Silksong makes me remember the Weaversong charm you get in Deepnest. In what I think was Hornet’s childhood home, specifically, right?

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    This. Is. So. GREAT. It blossomed into a whole entire game!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Day. One. Purchase.

Also reminds me that I need to go back and finish the rest of the stuff in Hollow Knight. I never got the true endings or did the DLCs.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Silksong makes me remember the Weaversong charm you get in Deepnest. In what I think was Hornet’s childhood home, specifically, right?

I had the same thought. The charm actually mentions another land the inhabitants of Deepnest apparently came from.
    Silken charm containing a song of farewell, left by the Weavers who departed Hallownest for their old home.

I figure this 'old home' must be the new land we get to explore as Hornet.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The trailer prompted me to continue my playthrough, and I think this game might actually be bad for my health. I like it enough that I want to keep playing, but little things I don't like poke me until I'm sort of hate playing it for hours and hours at a time.

Like right now, I'm fighting Failed Champion and I have the boss solved, but can't figure out for the life of me how I'm supposed to not get randomly smacked by the falling barrels. They seem completely random, meaning I can manage the boss perfectly and end up with my only safe route away from an attack being through a barrel that wasn't spawned in when I committed to the attack.

edit: And then I beat him and barely got touched...and still don't feel like I did anything about the barrels except get lucky.

Kamar on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    The trailer prompted me to continue my playthrough, and I think this game might actually be bad for my health. I like it enough that I want to keep playing, but little things I don't like poke me until I'm sort of hate playing it for hours and hours at a time.

Like right now, I'm fighting Failed Champion and I have the boss solved, but can't figure out for the life of me how I'm supposed to not get randomly smacked by the falling barrels. They seem completely random, meaning I can manage the boss perfectly and end up with my only safe route away from an attack being through a barrel that wasn't spawned in when I committed to the attack.

you can attack upwards to block barrels

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Kamar wrote: »

you can attack upwards to block barrels

Dammit

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I always just tucked myself into the corner and juat dodged out during the one barrel that usually comes down in that spot during his tantrum. Never even considered I could wreck them

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    You can also bat them at the boss to do damage to him!

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    In spite of the game encouraging you to hit seemingly everything that does and doesn't move with your nail just to see what happens, I'm always surprised at what people are immediately convinced is not worth trying to hit with the nail. This is far from the first story I've heard of a player who got frustrated with that boss and never tried hitting the things, but still beat the boss anyway!

I know I went through the game never realizing that you could stand beside things and attack upwards, and you wouldn't get pushed backwards for doing so!

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Oof, was probably a charged hit or two away from killing Soul Tyrant when suddenly orbs start spawning below me. Couldn't see them in time staying grounded like I had, and my timing fell apart when I started trying to stay in the air more.

• Options
    l_g wrote: »
    In spite of the game encouraging you to hit seemingly everything that does and doesn't move with your nail just to see what happens, I'm always surprised at what people are immediately convinced is not worth trying to hit with the nail.

You can bounce on spikes by hitting them, everybody!

You can bounce on spikes!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    l_g wrote: »
    In spite of the game encouraging you to hit seemingly everything that does and doesn't move with your nail just to see what happens, I'm always surprised at what people are immediately convinced is not worth trying to hit with the nail.

You can bounce on spikes by hitting them, everybody!

You can bounce on spikes!

Nail jumping is a super important skill in late game!

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I dunno how I missed the news all day. I'm so happy right now. <3

Team Cherry is such a small team. The fact they have another game on the horizon is incredible.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I have been waiting for the Hornet DLC.

and now i find out that it's going to be a whole game on it's own a full honest to god sequel

I'm crying.

These are happy tears

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    fflBhDY.png
    xnCjOLb.png

shamelessly stolen from the hollow knight reddit

but that p accurately sums up my feels right now

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    If they announce physical versions I will have all the hype!

All of it!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I need to finish the game pronto now. I will have no idea where to go when I pick it up again. Fortunately, the map is pretty dense.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    I haven't played this since all the patches came out. I'm considering a fresh run to tackle that and try some new charms. Get some 100% action going.

• Options
    Well, don't be in too much of a hurry to consume all the current Hollow Knight content. The wait for Silksong is likely to be looong yet.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I assume this also means that HK is complete at this point, right? No additional DLC coming? I'm more than okay with that, but just asking the question/making the point. Anybody who's been waiting for all DLC to be released should jump in now.

Speaking of that, I'm definitely playing a bunch of this over the weekend. Last time I played, I got a bunch of new abilities in the span of a day or two, and I suddenly feel like I can go anywhere. Time to start beating some of the bosses I need to beat.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Time to go beat my head bloody against Radiance and the Pantheon of the Knight again

Also, for Silksong (Hollow Knight spoilers)
    Who thinks at least Mister Mushroom, and likely Hedgemol show up?

• Options
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Time to go beat my head bloody against Radiance and the Pantheon of the Knight again

Also, for Silksong (Hollow Knight spoilers)
    Who thinks at least Mister Mushroom, and likely Hedgemol show up?

I don't know how likely
    Hedgemol is, but I certainly hope we see Mister Mushroom. And Zote. And Bretta.

And the Hollow Knight. And the Void God thing the Little Knight turned into at the end of Godmaster. And the White Lady.

And Grimm.

And Steel Soul Jinn. And the Last Stag. And the Midwife.

And everybody, just everybody put every bug into this game I love these bug people

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    looks like I'm nearing the end of hollow knight
    The Watcher Knight boss fight was super intense, probably my favorite so far. What does dropping the chandelier do?

I found ash lake beehive and damn they just don't stop with the dark souls references do they? eternal dragons wyrms, misuse of the power that came before and all that

Is there any way not to have to kill zod in the arena?

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I found ash lake beehive and damn they just don't stop with the dark souls references do they?

you can’t kill Zote. You defeat him easily, but he does not die.

• Options
    ah... well i hope his adventure continues

more NPC questions:
    did I screw myself out of a quest by killing the ghost in the graveyard in the with the dream nail? I didn't know it killed ghosts!

Is there any way to save the adorable miner bug from going hollow orange?

Not a question... but that bug that you save and sits on the bench and blushes might be the most I've ever d'awwwed.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I somehow missed Bretta

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Okay i finally watched that Void heart does not hurt video.
    I died laughing when he started stabbing himself in the Zote arena

• Options
    ah... well i hope his adventure continues

more NPC questions:
    did I screw myself out of a quest by killing the ghost in the graveyard in the with the dream nail? I didn't know it killed ghosts!

Is there any way to save the adorable miner bug from going hollow orange?

Not a question... but that bug that you save and sits on the bench and blushes might be the most I've ever d'awwwed.
    No, killing the ghost didn't screw you out of any side quest. I imagine many people have a similar experience when testing the Dream Nail.

No. The miner bug cannot be saved. The best you can do for her is to put her down once the infection takes her.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5uvvk-BdCI

did you know

if you die to a boss 700 times eventually it's possible you'll stop dying

this game is great i am hooked

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The Watcher Knight boss fight was super intense, probably my favorite so far. What does dropping the chandelier do?

I found ash lake beehive and damn they just don't stop with the dark souls references do they? eternal dragons wyrms, misuse of the power that came before and all that

watcher knights
    it kills one of them permanently, so you only have to fight 5 instead of 6.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    late game boss spoilers
    gorgeous

brooding

powerful

majestic

grey prince

zote

is really fucking hard

also i was wrong about nearing the end before.... there's a lot of game in this game!

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    late game boss spoilers
    gorgeous

brooding

powerful

majestic

grey prince

zote

is really fucking hard

also i was wrong about nearing the end before.... there's a lot of game in this game!

Godmaster spoilers:
    That's not even his final form.
    5e76ptf.jpg

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

watcher knights
    it kills one of them permanently, so you only have to fight 5 instead of 6.

So that's where I forgot I needed to go.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    oh sorry when i posted that last video i didn't realize it was a spoilers thread. i just faced my next boss after that one i posted:
    mantis lords. after dying to hornet i don't know how many times- at least a dozen- i beat the mantis lords on my second try! i didn't even make it to the second phase in my first try. then in my second try i beat them. i actually felt more confident once the pair came out. i got into a rhythm and their boomerangs when massed together seemed to move slower so i didn't have a problem there.

very gratifying to get better! i never really invested much time in any super hard combat/platformy games (ninja gaiden, souls games, bloodborne etc). i'm finding it incredibly satisfying to improve.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    oh sorry when i posted that last video i didn't realize it was a spoilers thread. i just faced my next boss after that one i posted:
    mantis lords. after dying to hornet i don't know how many times- at least a dozen- i beat the mantis lords on my second try! i didn't even make it to the second phase in my first try. then in my second try i beat them. i actually felt more confident once the pair came out. i got into a rhythm and their boomerangs when massed together seemed to move slower so i didn't have a problem there.

very gratifying to get better! i never really invested much time in any super hard combat/platformy games (ninja gaiden, souls games, bloodborne etc). i'm finding it incredibly satisfying to improve.

Up until Mantis Lords, I was like..eh, this is all right I guess. Just another metroidvania with some neat atmosphere.

Once I got to Mantis Lords and started exploring deeper than that, the game really made me sit up and pay attention.

I know this is blasphemy to some, but I consider Hollow Knight to be on the same level as Super Metroid. I know Super Metroid defined the genre, but in some ways I feel like Hollow Knight does things a little bit better. The only thing I think Hollow Knight is missing is some deeper accessibility options to make the game easier, one of the most common complaints I hear is how hard the game is.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I finally ordered a SCUF controller so I can complete the DLC and play the sequel without destroying my thumb!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Nintendo needs to build a propad where the Dpad doesn't suuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkk

I'm not sure if I want to get silk song on the switch or wait for a PS4 release. I could get it on the PC, but that would mean dragging my PC to the living room for long game sessions.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I just hope that Silksong isn't harder than Hollow Knight was. Already near the end it was getting a bit too much for me, and the DLC became actually impossible for my skill level + patience.

I don't like boss fights anymore, basically. Just give me exploration.