As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Eh, if you have a stable clear. All of my cleats are memorize this twenty minute button sequence and if you push the wrong thing start over. Four star was much easier for me once I could clear them.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Eh, if you have a stable clear. All of my cleats are memorize this twenty minute button sequence and if you push the wrong thing start over. Four star was much easier for me once I could clear them.

Yeah I feel the same way, I can almost always clear famfrit sub 30 for farming arcana but it still takes a lot of focus or I'll mess it up. The other ones I just do 4 times and never look back, or at least until they're trivialised.

In other news, got me hope's enholy lmr off the daily draw. Already had his usb so he's very likely getting a legend dive.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Went back to the VIII Torment, now that I have actually a kind of hilarious number of VIII tools, and I actually killed the boss in part 3. Gonna chalk that one up to Quistis's Ultra and Rinoa/Squall arcanes.

Funny thing: I spent a lot of setup trying to get ready for the Silence/Gall combo late in the fight, and the arcanes actually blew right past that phase.

Enlong on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Daily hit: Edgar Glint

...huh. 100% crit rate on a machinist is pretty great.

I've unfortunately only got his burst, not his USB, but still.

E: only two turns though. Oh well

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Probably still useful: I could see him using Icy/Burnt Offering to set up an enemy with Imperil, and then using the Glint followed by two turns of Freezing/Burning Snipe to pile on the damage. Hoping for him to dualcast, of course. It would of course be better with his Ultra.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    beat the FFT ???, my first one ever completing

TG Cid USB LMR/LM2
    Agrias BSB LMR
    Alma BSB
    Marche USB LM1/LM2
    Ramza USB1 LMR1

I messed up the end but my last healing smite hone killed him. which i only got to cast because even though cid was at no hp, the boss cast graviga. 38 seconds, could probably be sub-30 if i dove agrias.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    And with Belias taken care of, the floodgates open. I've gotten manticore down 3x, without even looking at the AI. It's not the fastest clear, but good enough.

Not having enough arcana is a refreshing problem to have.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hmm. I'm wondering for Torment Gilgamesh if Manticore (V) might be a decent choice? With the Realm Chain it'd do substantial damage, but is it better than a party +Element buff, I wonder?

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Hmm. I'm wondering for Torment Gilgamesh if Manticore (V) might be a decent choice? With the Realm Chain it'd do substantial damage, but is it better than a party +Element buff, I wonder?

Manticore does give you a party element buff. But seeing as the buff is Ice, it’s tricky for an FFV team to take full advantage of that, unless you’re fielding Xezat or going off-element with Gilgamesh, Bartz or Krile.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ....I just made an R3 burnt offering for locke to use against mateus.

He has sharpshooter access, not machinist.

Whoops!

In related news, I need fire and lightning crystals like woah.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Enlong wrote: »

Manticore does give you a party element buff. But seeing as the buff is Ice, it’s tricky for an FFV team to take full advantage of that, unless you’re fielding Xezat or going off-element with Gilgamesh, Bartz or Krile.

Yeah my FF5 team is Earth based, though I see serious arguments for a Fire team as well. Definitely not Ice though.
    Jragghen wrote: »

Whoops!

There's a pile of Fire Machinists, so more than likely Burnt Offering will be useful to you eventually.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Also: good Lord I need to look at available SBs more. I have 4 manticores already, but by the end of the fight krile always had 6 full bars. I have her SSB (which could help with the haste shit and also has a mag buff), her BSB1 (which gives her enFire), and her OSB (which...BREAK RAGE MODE) which I didn't use.

*Headdesk*

• Options

Yeah my FF5 team is Earth based, though I see serious arguments for a Fire team as well. Definitely not Ice though.
    Jragghen wrote: »

Whoops!

There's a pile of Fire Machinists, so more than likely Burnt Offering will be useful to you eventually.

I actually have shit for machinists. Except for King, who I have his double cast USB. So yeah, it'll get use :p

• Options
    edited February 2019
    And that Edgar Glint.

Legend diving with just a Glint is a real hard sell, though, I know. I didn’t even do it for Sora, myself.

Enlong on
  • Options
    So mateus is a bit harder than manticore

• Options
    Yyyep. Yes he is. I spent considerably more time planning for him than for Manticore.

The biggest problem in my mind is the way he locks down normal healing strategies with Reflect. Though I do want to note that Reflect can’t stop healing Burst commands. He also throws out Overstrikes towards the end, so you either need to lean on Last Stand, or use Reflect on yourself.

• Options
    Yyyep. Yes he is. I spent considerably more time planning for him than for Manticore.

The biggest problem in my mind is the way he locks down normal healing strategies with Reflect. Though I do want to note that Reflect can’t stop healing Burst commands. He also throws out Overstrikes towards the end, so you either need to lean on Last Stand, or use Reflect on yourself.

Using Reflect on yourself and just AoE healing isn't the worst plan, if you have good enough AoE healing (Elarra).

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, I've got both Elarra and Aerith USB2 at my disposal. My players seem obvious:

Healer (one of the above)
    Krile (only fire chain)
    OK (pUSB)
    Bartz (LMR, fBSB, Glint, and I have an R4 5-hit spellblade already)
    Locke (Glint, SSB, imperil burst)

That team should be able to work, it's just learning pattern and getting it down.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Jealous.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular

Using Reflect on yourself and just AoE healing isn't the worst plan, if you have good enough AoE healing (Elarra).

This is how I beat Belias. Reflect to deal with berserk and rely on Elarra USB.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Reflect is an option, but it's not mandatory. The reflected slots take a lot less damage, so it's also feasible to single heal the middle three slots. Especially if you have a fire thief in either the top or bottom slot, you can put the major resist on the other is you find it necessary.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Reflect is an option, but it's not mandatory. The reflected slots take a lot less damage, so it's also feasible to single heal the middle three slots. Especially if you have a fire thief in either the top or bottom slot, you can put the major resist on the other is you find it necessary.

Or a Fire monk with Fires Within.

• Options
    Hah. Gogo VI in a team with a Machinist is pretty funny. Why yes, I would like an extra two shots of [x] Offering at the start of the fight.

• Options
    The top and bottom slots actually get less damage though, so you can also slot 2 self-healers in the middle along with the major res accessory and not single target heal at all.

• Options
    Farming my copies of Syldra is exactly as tough as I suspected it might be. Might stop at eight for now and farm more for Madeen after Madeen is a thing.

• Options
    Hum.

Not seeing where Elarra is able to solo heal mateus?

• Options
    Maybe she can't. I don't have her so I didn't look into strats where she was involved.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I don't remember my strat anymore but I used Elarra with Carbuncle on Mateus. Locke had Fire Assault but that was the only other healing type ability had.

• Options
    I had Relm solo heal. However, IIRC, I used Gilgamesh chain and Tyro U3, and as a result had room to use Fabula Priestess for emergency RW healing.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I didn't use Carbuncle, but Elarra USB is usually suggested because regenga is enough to keep the reflected people alive

• Options
    Elarra solo heals Mateus for me. Been awhile since I've done it, there may be a BSB at one point for last stand, I can't remember. No carbuncle. Do have to aim curadas carefully, iirc. My team is Ignis, Cid XIV, Elarra, Mustadio, Krile.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I use elarra with carbuncle and def down dance to heal.

Fight is bad though, I lose on magic pixel a lot.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Had a few loose 100 gems, so I've been burning them off in the 100-draws.

Today: Shantotto USB

As she would put it, oh ho ho ho ho!

• Options
    How long has it been since our events have been on a normal schedule?

• Options
    I thought this was normal?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

It is...mostly. Corridor of Trials typically hit on Sundays

• Options
    Guessing this week is going to be a weird week because of Kingdom Hearts.

• Options

The IV event still being around isn't. Normally, an event ends at the same time that the next event's bonus fights begin.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Since around the start of festival, all of the weekly events have had longer durations than normal.

Now that a little time has passed, there are finally a few chainless clears of he cat on chair. Made a few tweaks to one of them, got a clear on my first try. Might even be able to get it sub 30 if I make the effort to learn the fight.

Cloud w everything
    Aeris USB 2
    Tyro super wall
    Ignis BSB
    Zidane USB imperil

Edit: yup, got there on my second try. Fights that spam large numbers of weak AOE attacks are hilarious.

Fry on
  • Options
    FF11-2: Hit! Disco! Curilla USB... dupe. My last hit was a dupe as well. I probably haven't gotten a real hit in a year. Sigh.

Data for posterity:
    0 misses in a row

40/367 lifetime

2/17 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is -9 under EV, which is catastrophically bad, but it's just a game!)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB (twice!).

This discussion has been closed.