As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

join us in glorious pod-hood [jobs]

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Half of Presidents’ Day is dedicated to celebrating a slave owner

I voluntarily work it every year cause fuck that

(But really I like the slow day and I add extra days off at other points in the year to get the time back...)

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Half of Presidents’ Day is dedicated to celebrating a slave owner

I voluntarily work it every year cause fuck that

(But really I like the slow day and I add extra days off at other points in the year to get the time back...)

In California we have Presidents' Day off as a state worker holiday, but we did choose to forgo Columbus Day in exchange for two floating holidays so there's that

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I have never worked anywhere that closed for Presidents Day, or otherwise made it a work holiday of any kind.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    It's one of our paid holidays. So double time and a half again tomorrow.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I get a good excuse to be late tomorrow because the commuter rail is on a Saturday schedule and i'm not making an earlier train than i normally do.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    I get a good excuse to be late tomorrow because the commuter rail is on a Saturday schedule and i'm not making an earlier train than i normally do.

We're getting snow, too, and the company currently running the Commuter Rail lose their fucking minds when it snows.

I can't wait for their contract to be up at the end of this year.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Did that personality test
    zgvv5fe.jpg

Hmmm... one of these things is not like the others, but it turns out I'm not worried about it.

Still, what's going on with that Extrovert score, that seems out of step with my expectation..

3Bq06PZ.jpg

Oh, I still don't like people, I'm just the fucking wind-up tik tok Army of Oz when it comes to activity.

So yeah, poor with people, never feel bad, boundless energy... I'm not seeing much compelling evidence that I'm not a robot, here. Or possibly a sociopath.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I got 28 out of 100 for Agreeableness.

I disagree.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Dumping my results to that test, because I found them amusing:
    Huge though, because phone :(
    pobabakoobex.png
    d6o0d3q4crz3.png
    b0q5z9klxs0j.png
    3yczynd0637l.png
    c59wja6ylgep.png
    811ixxnfrpsv.png

discrider on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Someone started minigolfing in the middle of our office.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

Assume the role of an obstacle

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Well still not heard back from that job inquiry and it's going on a week now if you count the weekend which, I guess you shouldn't. So five days. Anyway.

I don't know how long these things usually take but I'm getting a little antsy. Hopefully I'll hear something one way or the other this week and they don't just leave me hanging.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

How quickly can you swallow and ...ahem...pass a golf ball?

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Smartcop/smartcad has done an update

It has taken me over an hour to convince the mapping system to show roads.

Roads

On a GODDAMNED MAP.

Fuck everything

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Fuck, there's a lot of kids on this train

• Options
    Openness to experience
    92 out of 100
    Agreeableness
    29 out of 100
    Conscientiousness
    21 out of 100
    Negative emotionality
    79 out of 100
    Extraversion
    71 out of 100

I like meeting new people, and experiencing new things, but my expectations for them are exceedingly low.

• Options
    Also the bosses are going to present the remodelling plans for the office this week and I'm sure that everyone losing more than half a m² of desk space to make room for up to 20% more workplaces will go down smooth and will not overshadow all the other ideas.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Guys I took the test and got a 100 in everything because I'm perfect. Just like my 1600 SAT scores!

And no I don't have proof why would you ask that

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

I believe the preferred nomenclature is “hazard”.

• Options
    You can only be a hazard if you ARE a duke or your name is Duke.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Guys I took the test and got a 100 in everything because I'm perfect. Just like my 1600 SAT scores!

Don't you also have 100 on this trustworthiness test? I guess I don't need any proof then.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    You can only be a hazard if you ARE a duke or your name is Duke.

Or are Belgian, apparently.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Don't you also have 100 on this trustworthiness test? I guess I don't need any proof then.

Well of course, that goes without saying.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'm off work today

Sat watching youtube with a mug of soup

Happy times

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I legit thought that said "mug of soap" and was very confused.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    I legit thought that said "mug of soap" and was very confused.

Clean eating is all the rage.

• Options
    Still sick but I am now ensconced in my Cocoon of Warmth that is essentially my massive fleece blanket

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm off work today

Happy times

What flavour is your soup?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm off work today

Happy times

What flavour is your soup?

Tomato and herbz

It's good. Well it was. It's gone now.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Nice. Classic.

I bought myself a tub of carrot, butternut, and ginger soup for lunch tomorrow. Soup is good.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Food but in hot liquid form is the best of all worlds.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I got to visit one of our construction sites today which was really interesting!

Shockingly there were no other women. What a shock. Didn't see that coming.

It was still v interesting though.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    A curse on people who come into work sick

Told a guy last week he needed to go home because he was coughing up a storm

Who is coughing up a storm today? Its meee

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    A curse on people who come into work sick

Told a guy last week he needed to go home because he was coughing up a storm

Who is coughing up a storm today? Its meee

You should go home.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Im at home in a giant fuzzy bathrobe in bed with a heated blanket

Im still shivering and uncomfortable but I can pretend I'm luxuriating!

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Order the Jimmy John's sandwich 'the veggie' for my work lunch. Start eating and notice it seems a little bland? Check inside and there's no avocado spread. I did ask them to hold the may since I hate mayo, but they must have accidentally held the avocado, too. No biggie, I call them back to let them know. Teenage-sounding girl on the phone tells me they don't put avocado spread on the veggie anymore.

Me: Ah, you sure, it says that it has it on the website?
    Her: Yeah we haven't done that for a while.

- a beat or two while I think this over -

Me: May I talk to a manager, please?
    Her: Well, he's talking with a customer right now.
    Me: Erm, but I'm a customer too, though?
    Her: Well he's going to be a bit, do you want to wait?
    Me: Yes.

So manager comes on and OF COURSE they include avocado spread on this sandwich. I even checked on the website to see if there was a way to 'add' avocado spread and there isn't because it's already on the sandwich (you can change the amount or remove it, but you can't just add it). But seriously teenage girl, did you really think JJ's was going to sell a Turkey Tom without turkey and still charge $5 for it?! I mean sure, they sort of do this with unwiches, but the central protein of the meal being missing tends to be something people notice!

I wonder how many Veggie sandwiches she's made for unsuspecting people without the avocado.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    It is very nice for Kaiser to have an e-Visit appointment option so I can just get a general diagnosis at home. And, if need be, a doctor's note I hope.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Also I got a promotion since the last time I posted in this thread? It's a new team and the amount of stuff I have to do is low, so I'm using this opportunity to clear out a ticket queue I've always wanted to clear but my previous boss told me not to (because it belongs to another department). YOU AIN'T MY BOSS NOW, BRUV.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    I've had itchy eyes all day and my brother said maybe it's hayfever, at which I scoffed derisively because it's freaking February. Only to learn that there is such a thing as winter hayfever, and the full hayfever 'season' runs from January to November. 11 months of the year is not a season! This is bullshit.

• Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    I've had itchy eyes and sneezing the last few days too. I thought maybe I'd kicked up some dust getting stuff down from the loft but I think it might have started before then. I do get awful hayfever in the spring and summer so maybe it's getting worse.

This discussion has been closed.