As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Dammit! Why did i eat the poisonous berries right after i witnessed two different guys walk up and die from gut poison.

I stripped everything off, removed the medallion, and took one hex step.

I saw it and died of bloodloss before it reached. Im sure it was very confused

#neoscavenger

Speaking of which, the guy who made Neo Scavenger is coming out with a new title this year, which will basically be a sci-fi ship crew management game set in the same universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDUn08QFhNs

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1022980/Ostranauts/
    Ostranauts is a detailed simulation of owning and living aboard a spaceship, in a solar system where honest living is a slow death sentence. Set in the NEO Scavenger universe, where Earth has suffered cataclysmic collapse, the rest of the System lives on in a state of capitalistic dystopia.

Players will create their captain, build or customize their starting ship from the spoils of their career history, and find ways to keep their motley crew in line, fuel in their tanks, food on their plates, and the debt collectors at bay.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/SSj4z

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Oh apparently Paradox is teasing a new Vampire the Masquerade game.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Metro Exodus reminds me a lot of the Stalker games of yore, mostly Call of Pripyat (though much more polished/more forgiving). More combat and/or stealth based, too, but you have outposts but also your own station of sorts, places to research and modify and clean guns. Lots of monster/bandit clashes depending on time of day. I usually spend nighttime somewhere safe taking care of some crafting or using it to assault a hideout that'll be hiding a lot of sleeping guards. You can choose how you want to deal with people, too (take prisoner/kill everyone/forgive/let them go) and these are mostly just organic choices so far, not something like eating a kid's sweet roll for good or bad boy points.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

It better be or I will now hold you to account! And we don't want that, do we?!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

It would suck.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

It would suck.

That'd bite

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Reminder everyone, today is @Spoit's Birthday. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Karoz is classy.

Random-code-turning-out-to-be-Regions-of-Ruin classy.

oi3q9n9gd1gf.png

Thanks, dude!

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

It would suck.

That'd bite

Irs rather high stakes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    That game looks interesting Elvenshae!

would like to hear what you think about it.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »
    Metro Exodus reminds me a lot of the Stalker games of yore, mostly Call of Pripyat (though much more polished/more forgiving). More combat and/or stealth based, too, but you have outposts but also your own station of sorts, places to research and modify and clean guns. Lots of monster/bandit clashes depending on time of day. I usually spend nighttime somewhere safe taking care of some crafting or using it to assault a hideout that'll be hiding a lot of sleeping guards. You can choose how you want to deal with people, too (take prisoner/kill everyone/forgive/let them go) and these are mostly just organic choices so far, not something like eating a kid's sweet roll for good or bad boy points.

Some ask why my prisoners are suspended from the rafters by their ankles.

These are people who didn't ask about irradiated bear warning signs that mark this valley.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Rime is currently 90% off at Fanatical

@LD50 @cooljammer00 @Betsuni

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

It would suck.

That'd bite

Irs rather high stakes.

These bloody puns are draining me.

• Options
    Frog Detective is good.

Yall should play it.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    But I don't want to play as a vampire accountant.

• Options
    Currently installing demo for Fear and Hunger, NSFW in parts, but for sale on steam and itch (where I got the demo).

Tried a few more runs at neo scavenger.
    Brain hemmorrage while using my fists to fight a guy with a wrench.

Bled out after fighting three dogs that attacked me as a group. The one I didn't kill and skin will eat well.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Rime is currently 90% off at Fanatical

LD50 cooljammer00 Betsuni

Thank you for the alert. Bought and added to my queue (although I forgot why I added it to my wishlist).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    But I don't want to play as a vampire accountant.

Fred understands but he had no say in the matter.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Playing Gemcraft.

419 achievements. Not surprising considering this was a Kongregate game that I loved.

Now if only Mud and Blood 2 would somehow get a steam release.

edit:

I dipped back into Magic Carpet, finally had a new interesting level. Mile high cliffs I could not ascend, and rivers/bays/lakes filled with .....checks manual.....Kraken, with frost death rays.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Hi folks! So since it's a three-day weekend for most of us here in Freedom Land, I figured this would be a good day to fulfill my Steam Thread Winter Charity Drive promise.

So, from about 5:30pm (CDT) until the same time on Monday, I'll be livestreaming ETS2.

Can Sotally Tober Trucking survive another 24-hour shift? Or will Vinny The Shark finally take my kneecaps after one too many short-term loans overdraw my bank account?

Tune in and find out on twitch.tv/casterclan

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    W40k: Mechanicus is getting frustrating. Even at Lvl 0, there are more enemies than I can deal with and there is no difficulty setting. Upon New Game, I can't even complete the first mission.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Karoz is ice cold.

Thanks for Sub-zero-nautica

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    W40k: Mechanicus is getting frustrating. Even at Lvl 0, there are more enemies than I can deal with and there is no difficulty setting. Upon New Game, I can't even complete the first mission.

@akajaybay a young adept requires your aid.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

It would suck.

That'd bite

Irs rather high stakes.

Yeah they’re putting a real dhampir on the mood

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »

It would suck.

That'd bite

Irs rather high stakes.

Yeah they’re putting a real dhampir on the mood

It never Raynes but it pours.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Still working on Far Cry 4, but I did finish Abzu on the side! What a beautiful short relaxing game! Thanks again to @Krummith for Abzu!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm really vamp-tiring of all these puns.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Is there a better way to kill sharks in AssOdd?

Last night I ended up wasting heaps of arrows while perched from my ship. Trying to find them was annoying enough, but when I stop the ship they always seem to be just out of range

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »

Last night I ended up wasting heaps of arrows while perched from my ship. Trying to find them was annoying enough, but when I stop the ship they always seem to be just out of range

I end up wasting a lot of ammo on demon fish in far cry 4 as well! Stupid fish!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Backlog Challenge 2019
    Since we reached the donation goal back in, uh....december. I'm going to be running another Backlog Challenge. If you're not sure what it is, Read about the last one.

The rules are still the same: 3 randomly distributed teams. Submit a steam-shot of the credits/end screen (you can add it as a non-steam game, if necessary). It has to be a game you haven't made significant (like more than 10-20%) progress in before. Both people can get credit for co-op games, but I need to double check what the rules were for that. There will be chances to get extra points for side objectives, so make sure to keep extra saves if you want to grab them. This year, I'll also be adding in some extra points if you make a (substantive) review in the thread after finishing a game, so look forward to that.

For now, sign up here:
    https://goo.gl/forms/GF5CbkUqG08SBgGd2

And @ or PM me if you have any questions
    Screw you @CorriganX , I still got this out before the day was over
    It's also @CorriganX's birthday a week from now

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Try using a weapon with reach, like a spear. It's still not great, usually requiring multiple trips to the surface to get oxygen and heal, but at least you can chip away at them like that.

Also, <3@Big Classy. You're a great friend too
    rwjJ43H.jpg

(also also, it's @CorriganX's birthday in a week)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I'm definitely in. Got a host of games I need to beat.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »

I was fishing for a solution, not another problem :P

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »

I was fishing for a solution, not another problem :P

I've found you can hit most of them while treading on the surface of the water. Anything out of range should then be far enough away that you can avoid them if you're careful.

I've also heard there is a legendary weapon that gives you water breathing that should make those fights a bit easier.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Spoit wrote: »

Try using a weapon with reach, like a spear. It's still not great, usually requiring multiple trips to the surface to get oxygen and heal, but at least you can chip away at them like that.

There’s actually a spear perfect for it.
    Poseidons Trident, on a little island on the far east of the map, which is basically just a huge statue of Poseidon. It’s in the chest. It grants infinite breath.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Been playing through Moonlighter, and I think this game brings out the worst video game anxieties in me, because you're choosing between selling items or keeping them for yourself so you can fight better in the dungeons to get more stuff (that you can sell or keep, rinse, repeat, etc.)

And if you choose to sell items, you could potentially sell them at a loss, because you only find out what is considered "market value" after you sell one and a customer reacts in 1 of 4 ways: gold eyes for complete steal of a bargain, a smile for a good price, a grimace for a not so great price they may still be willing to pay, and a sad face for a price that is too high. But you don't know what the right prices are until you set it and sell it to somebody. And that's before we get to the supply/demand economy, where too much of one item can flood the market and lower its popularity, meaning even the regular smile price won't be good enough for a bit.

Also there are Animal Crossing style shop/house upgrades, where you can make your shop bigger and eventually hire help, but also a bigger store invites different types of customers into the shop, including thieves you have to catch and rich people who will buy luxury goods as long as you have them out.

I'm running into the same issue I had with Cook, Serve, Delicious, where I just keep selling small, cheap, easy to get items because the expensive stuff is harder to deal with.

So I can see how this game might be super grindy, because new gear (that makes you stronger in the dungeons) cost materials and money, but you make money by selling materials, and it's all very hectic. Basically if you have the video game hoarder problem of "But I might need it later", you might have some of the same issues I'm having. It's fun to see some numbers go up, though.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Also in AssOdd, what you'll want to do is unlock the lock on arrows. Then stop your rowboat over the shark infested waters and start locking onto sharks and shooting them with your arrows. It's not ideal but it's better than dealing with the sharks while IN the water, which I did exactly once before dying a horrible death and swearing it off forever.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    s78GfIU.jpg
    @Antoshka is a tricky hobitses. Gifting me to let us all know about @CorriganX's birthday next week.

Thanks kiwi <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    What!? Paradox is teasing a new Vampire game? Finally?

This discussion has been closed.